Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 20th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 20 2013, 01:31 AM (14,715 Views)
Killofferic

phloe3
Nov 20 2013, 11:48 PM
GV is gorgeous and can act. He's been awesome these last few weeks
He's handsome, sure but I disagree about his acting ability. He's dull to watch.....he delivers his lines like he just reading off the page.....no emotion........seriously....if it weren't for his looks this guy would not be worth looking at. IMO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Nov 20 2013, 01:31 PM
ok. I'm right at the point of needed someone to beat Sonny with a leap pipe
I'm not far behind ya. I'm not quite there yet, just cuz I love how good he is with Ari, but he's pushing it.

Sweet and Salty

cockymom
I love Sonny being a little underhanded here. He's been the picture of perfection for TOO long!
...and he used his Kiriakis last name. He IS starting to piss me off, but glad he's standing up at the same time.

S loves EJ

Kinay
Nov 21 2013, 07:19 AM
The Scorpion
Nov 21 2013, 06:33 AM
Sweet and Salty
Nov 20 2013, 10:06 PM
Kinay
Nov 20 2013, 01:17 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sick, but hott!
Yes, complicated and hot. That's exactly what I want to see from a couple on tv it makes it so much more interesting and the fact is that Ejami are the only ones that add just that on this show. If you look at prime time, there are many couples who are similar like Ejami but on Days is too much vanilla when it comes to couples. More couples like Ejami is fine for me :) Loved Ejami in today's episode the rest was all right.
The problems between Sami and EJ are not just hot little fights. It's serious lies and deception, controlling and condescending arguments that often turn pretty near violent ,angry sex romps that are sickening to watch and all this in the living room of a house full of children. EJ and Nicole were much more believable and entertaining even when they were only pretending to be in a relationship.

I´m open for an other loveinterest for EJ than Sami, because of their bad history but also because I´m not sure if Sami is accepting enough of EJ´s bad side I don´t want EJ to become to good. So in the fall of 2011 I was ready to give up on Ejami and to give Ejole a chance, and I like them at the beginning of the fall until JS said in an interview that there was an answer as to who EJ loves and I felt pretty sure he was talking about Sami because the griefsex also happend during this time, and I could see how much more chemistry they had than Ejole which made me feel that Ejole was just a lie especially if it was JS second choice, and I think JS´s interviews since then confirms he was talking about Sami. Maybe I could still get into Ejole if they got back together and JS can convince me that he is happy about Ejole aswell, but as of now they don´t feel believable to me.

I also don´t consider Ejami sex to be violent and angry but hot and passionate, while Ejole´s sex scenes mostly bored me because there wasn´t any passion. The transition between sex and fighting could have been a better in the fight about EJ stealing DE though.
Edited by S loves EJ, Nov 21 2013, 11:32 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Nov 21 2013, 09:50 AM
cockymom
I love Sonny being a little underhanded here. He's been the picture of perfection for TOO long!
...and he used his Kiriakis last name. He IS starting to piss me off, but glad he's standing up at the same time.
I think Sonny brought up his last name in relation to Gabi saying "I'm sure Stefano DiMera won't take that personally." So, basically, he was saying that as a Kiriakis that doesn't scare him.

reaganstroller

The Scorpion
Sweet and Salty
Kinay
metitle
Nov 20 2013, 01:12 PM
Sami and EJ have a sick relationship.
That! :thanks:
Sick, but hott!
Yes, complicated and hot. That's exactly what I want to see from a couple on tv it makes it so much more interesting and the fact is that Ejami are the only ones that add just that on this show. If you look at prime time, there are many couples who are similar like Ejami but on Days is too much vanilla when it comes to couples. More couples like Ejami is fine for me :) Loved Ejami in today's episode the rest was all right.
But, I thought we didn't like couples who are all about sex.

Dee-anne

gailwinters
Nov 21 2013, 09:02 AM
Kinay
The Scorpion
Sweet and Salty

The problems between Sami and EJ are not just hot little fights. It's serious lies and deception, controlling and condescending arguments that often turn pretty near violent ,angry sex romps that are sickening to watch and all this in the living room of a house full of children. EJ and Nicole were much more believable and entertaining even when they were only pretending to be in a relationship.
EJ and Nicole are neither believable nor entertaining to me. EJ has almost never had an honest moment with Nicole, because he has been focused on Sami in some way since the moment he first saw her.

EJ and Sami are dysfunctional selfish liars who still love each other in spite of that. They are complicated and messy and sometimes ugly and that's why I enjoy them so much. As James said, it's a struggle for them to be together, but they can't be apart. It will never be easy, and it shouldn't be.
I found EJ and Nicole far more entertaining to watch, but yes, I hated every aspect of their story where they had to insert Sami in it.

Personally, I do believe Sami and EJ have no idea what love is. I dont watch them, & think Love. As to them being dysfuntional selfish liars, you say that as if it is a good thing.

six
Member Avatar

That's because it is a good thing in fictional people.

S loves EJ

Yeah I found EJ hot on Days but he wouldn´t be the kind of man I would want to date in real Life, and it´s not like Ejami is the only selfish liars either Nicole has acted selfished and lied too.

Dee-anne

six
Nov 21 2013, 12:43 PM
I definately dsagree with this, especially when it comes to love.

six
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 21 2013, 12:50 PM
six
Nov 21 2013, 12:43 PM
I definately dsagree with this, especially when it comes to love.
Yeah, I figured. :) A lot of people don't though, so they will list those traits when they're explaining the appeal of the pairing.

Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Nov 21 2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah I found EJ hot on Days but he wouldn´t be the kind of man I would want to date in real Life, and it´s not like Ejami is the only selfish liars either Nicole has acted selfished and lied too.
Nicole acting selfish and lying, is not good either. Nicole lying in order to help out a friend in trouble, is not as bad as lying for selfish reasons. Anyway, there is a lot more wrong with EJami than them being selfish and lying to each other.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 21 2013, 01:09 PM.

S loves EJ

I wasn´t talking about Nicole lying for Daniel, but lies she told in the past like how her baby died, having a miscarriage and keeping quite about Chloe´s scares. In a way I like that they have written Nicole to be a nicer person, but in the same she might end up boring if she never do any scheming or lying again.

Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Nov 21 2013, 01:17 PM
I wasn´t talking about Nicole lying for Daniel, but lies she told in the past like how her baby died, having a miscarriage and keeping quite about Chloe´s scares. In a way I like that they have written Nicole to be a nicer person, but in the same she might end up boring if she never do any scheming or lying again.
I didnt mention Daniel. I am talking about lying in general for whatever selfish reasons. but since you brought up her misscarriage, I did not like the fact that she chose to lie about it. I hated her lying to EJ especially, because he was being so loving and sweet towards her I would have preferred if she had packed her bags and left, and I kept hoping that she would, since she was not all that confident of his love, but the writers wanted to get as much as they could out of that story.

I also think, the characters dont have to be liars and schemers to be interesting/entertaining. I dont find Sami entertaining, but she is supose to be a liar and a schemer is she not? but I think a lot of it boils down to not what you do, but the way that you do it. Nicole has not been doing any scheming or lying recently, and I still find her far more interesting.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 21 2013, 01:36 PM.

S loves EJ

Dee-anne
Nov 21 2013, 12:31 PM
gailwinters
Kinay
The Scorpion

EJ and Nicole are neither believable nor entertaining to me. EJ has almost never had an honest moment with Nicole, because he has been focused on Sami in some way since the moment he first saw her.

EJ and Sami are dysfunctional selfish liars who still love each other in spite of that. They are complicated and messy and sometimes ugly and that's why I enjoy them so much. As James said, it's a struggle for them to be together, but they can't be apart. It will never be easy, and it shouldn't be.
I found EJ and Nicole far more entertaining to watch, but yes, I hated every aspect of their story where they had to insert Sami in it.

Personally, I do believe Sami and EJ have no idea what love is. I dont watch them, & think Love. As to them being dysfuntional selfish liars, you say that as if it is a good thing.

Ejami has a dysfunctional relationship, but so does Ejole. Nicole lied to EJ about her miscarriage and then about Sydney in their first marriage, and in their second marriage EJ lied about his feelings for Taylor and sleeping with Sami, plus when they have been at odds Nicole has been blackmailing EJ or keeping a child from him.

Anyway no matter which woman JS was talking about in this interview he thought they were having a dysfunctional relationship.

http://www.daystalk.com/2011/11/11/james-scott-interview-at-the-2011-day-of-days/

S loves EJ

reaganstroller
Nov 21 2013, 11:51 AM
The Scorpion
Sweet and Salty
Kinay

Sick, but hott!
But, I thought we didn't like couples who are all about sex.

Ejami has more in comman than just sex they have similar personalitys and two kids.

Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Nov 21 2013, 01:55 PM
Dee-anne
Nov 21 2013, 12:31 PM
gailwinters
Kinay

Ejami has a dysfunctional relationship, but so does Ejole. Nicole lied to EJ about her miscarriage and then about Sydney in their first marriage, and in their second marriage EJ lied about his feelings for Taylor and sleeping with Sami, plus when they have been at odds Nicole has been blackmailing EJ or keeping a child from him.

Anyway no matter which woman JS was talking about in this interview he thought they were having a dysfunctional relationship.

http://www.daystalk.com/2011/11/11/james-scott-interview-at-the-2011-day-of-days/
Dysfunctional is not a word I would use to describe EJami. It just seems too tame. I could think of many other words that are more appropriate and they are not good but, I wont repeat them here. As for EJole, I have hated the writing for them, I have hated the fact that they had to insert Sami in their story every time, I have hated the fact that they brought Taylor on to be his true love, but had him marry Nicole first. Couldnt wait until that story ended, it was awful. I think the only time I did not complain about the writing for EJole, is the brief period that Mardar was writing for them, until they decided to insert Sami once again with the horrible griefsex.

I have moved on from EJole now. Just havent liked the way they have been writing EJ, and I think Nicole deserves better. Was routing for Ericole until the decided to mess that up as well.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

mer4santo
Nov 21 2013, 01:21 AM
Day 20: I'm thankful for/that:
- EJ and Sami can play their anger without the volume turned up to 11
- KIM AND SHANE KIM AND SHANE KIM AND SHANE
- Nicole's nice scene with Abe and Nicole's killer boots
- Eric being forced to lose the collar despite his pain and anguish
- Will and Gabi are leaving soon and Chad has decided to stay in Boston
- KIM AND SHANE
- EVERYTHING ERICOLE given the anvil dropped with their matching horrific leather jackets

Will is not leaving.

Bradyclan

So I have alot of unpopular opinions:

I never liked Sonny. He's been getting on my nerve since day one. Now, it's getting worse. He is just so annoying. Always getting into things that barely concern him. He was unbearable on yesterday's show. I'm not a huge fan of Gabi but Sonny is making me root for her!

As for Chandler, I never really found him to be that good of an actor. He had good moments but he always smirks and looks uncomfortable and it's distracting. He's been awful those past few days!

Why can't Theresa leave town. Her character doesn't add anything to the show. I think my main problem is that she's acting like a child when she's supposed to be in her mid twenties. I was hoping she would be a character more like Chelsea was. Even at her worst, I like Chelsea better than Theresa. And Chelsea killed a child!!
Maybe it's because , you could see some vulnerabilty in Chelsea at some point ( thanks to Rachel Melvin and Blake Berris) but so far, I'm not buying the tears of Theresa. I don't feel like she deserves another chance. Her storyline doesn't help. There's no reason to feel sorry for her character. You can't identify with her...

Maybe a pairing with Nick could have helped. It did help Chelsea. Even though Nick was a sweetheart and not damaged like he is now.

ok. venting over.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply