Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 21 2013, 12:48 AM (15,285 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

jam6242
Nov 21 2013, 06:42 PM
jwsel
Nov 21 2013, 06:36 PM
DesignatedShelley
Nov 21 2013, 05:54 PM
I think the degree to which Days can make women so desperate for men can be sexist, but in the big picture, most of the non-villainous male characters' storylines revolve around romance too. I mean, nobody's been as big a lovefool lately as Brady (we just seem to accept it as a valid character trait). I'd like it if relationships and interactions expanded beyond romance, so that every time you saw a male and a female character together in a scene you didn't automatically think "They must be ship-testing otherwise why would they write this scene?", but that obviously goes for both men and women.

I think it's kinda ironic though that the board consensus seems to be "The last time Abby was tolerable was when she was desperate about getting Austin" though, heh.
Except all the non-villainous men have generally had careers or career aspirations.

I'm going to set aside the older generation of Hope, Kayla, Marlena, etc., because the 80s did a great job of making careers part of the female characters' development. Yes, their romances were part of the characters, but Hope becoming a cop, Kayla being a nurse and opening the clinic or the immunology lab, and Marlena treating patients were integral to their characters. None of the younger women have been shown to have career goals, with the possible exception of Jordan and now Gabi's on-again, off-again "I want to be a model" schtick. Sami has a job, but what she does is whatever the show decides is necessary for the plot; it's not character driven. So if they need her to work with EJ, suddenly, she's an executive at DiMera. Need her to butt heads with Kate, have Sami replace her at Countess Wilhemina. Abby? Who knows. Theresa? She's doing a menial job because the court has ordered her to. Nicole? She once had a career in broadcasting, but hey, she'll gladly work at the church. The last female character with any semblance of a career was Madison.

Now compare that to the men. EJ is the heir-apparent at DiMera. Brady is an executive at Titan. Sonny has his own business. Chad co-owned the club. Cameron was a doctor. Will had the website and is now an aspiring writer. Daniel is super-doctor extraordinaire. Eric is a priest. Even Nick, the convicted murderer, immediately got jobs and was shown to be pretty effective working for Kate. The only younger male character who doesn't have a job or career aspirations right now is JJ, and he's in high school.

So what we have had is a generation of aimless women, who don't have any direction. Their focus then becomes solely devoted to the men they are chasing/clinging to and to having children. And the show portrays that as if it is what women should aspire to. We are constantly bombarded with how wonderful children and motherhood are, as if that should be the sum total goal of a woman's existence. There was a scene a few weeks ago where Nick had encouraged Gabi to pursue modeling and she then was holding Adrianna and said that all of her dreams were right there, i.e., in being a mother. Thankfully, she has changed her mind, but it is a ridiculously old-fashioned and out-of-touch sentiment that may help explain why Days' demos are so low. Do young women really relate to these female characters? The young women I know who are in the 18-25 range are focused about college, careers, and paying back student loans than starting a family, even those that are in relationships. Amazingly, the young female characters in the 80s were far more progressive in terms of balancing work and life than today's characters. It's like someone several years ago decided that the show needed to go back to the 60s when it came to sending a message about what women want in life -- and that message has no relation to the world in which we actually live.
The head writers and several producers are males in their late 50s and early 60s. That could have something to do with the old-fashioned idea of what a woman's place in life should be.
Exactly I've said it before but it is old-fashioned in terms of both women and how certain characters are written, I would like to see more strong women who are interesting in this show, and some male characters are also a disaster, scrap hero bullshit and so on and write interesting characters overall, and when they create pairs. I want to see exciting, hot, with interesting conflicts it has been very often uninteresting. I get the feeling that the powers are not so up to date, so to speak. OK, they have written a Gay Couple but frankly the characters are not as entertaining, like Will, he is the son of Sami and Lucas it should be obvious that he was more edgy and stronger in his personality, this is just an example, I could list a lot more characters which is lame on this show. So for me it's not just some female league of characters that is a problem but some male too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

rodney215
Nov 22 2013, 03:09 AM
I think with Eric the humiliation he just experienced is still fresh. But I also think that he's trying to deal with what he went through on his own. Just like he didn't want his mother to initially hypnotize him because of the sexual dreams he was having. Marlena told Eric that she's trained (I assume she meant trained to help people who have gone through what he's gone though). Right now he can't accept her help. It's too private a pain. He doesn't want to open up to his mother about it. Abe even told Nicole that every time a family member gets hold of Eric he just "handles" them. He's not ready to open up and with Marlena she would want him to. He's going to try and do it on his own for now. But he did talk to her and told her what was going on (the suspension). I know he wasn't what you'd call warm with Marlena but he's still hurting, especially since he just came from getting suspended due to that video.
He's trying to deal with so many things all at once:

being raped,

his suspension,

Nicole giving him the absolute cold shoulder,

the humiliation of his rape playing out on a video (orchestrated by his ignorant mother of all people) in front of his parishioners and

some people thinking he wasn't raped at all.

He's is REALLY having the worst week of his life right night and his mother more than understands, she just needs to be patient with him. He will come around. It's not like Eric is Sami who holds a grudge for twenty-FREAKING-years!
Edited by Laufeyson, Nov 22 2013, 07:53 AM.

angie37
Member Avatar

Eric and his mother will be fine. Where's the drama if all is over, said and done in two episodes? Maybe their "reconciliation" will be the Christmas miracle this year--along with a mistletoe kiss for Ericole. One can only hope.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Mitchapalooza
Nov 21 2013, 02:41 PM
JessicaLeigh
Nov 21 2013, 02:30 PM
Is Abigail less popular right now than Melanie used to be? If the answer to this question is a clear yes, writers - it's time to reevaluate and retool the character. There is no reason why a young, pretty, vibrant, smart legacy character should suck so much. All the pieces are there to make her work.
I would say no. Abby is no where near as annoying as Melanie...but I feel like part of Melanie is being manifested in Abby, now that the red bitch is no longer on our screens (thank the lord). Abby is definitely annoying right now and has been for a long time...but she is still not at Melanie levels...at least not to me.

There is absolutely no contest in the looks department however....Mansi SCHOOLS Burnett in every single aspect in that respect.
The thing that makes Abby unrootable and unrecognizable for me is that the whole time she was growing up, she was very much her daddy's girl - sharp, witty, focused - but with her mother's sweet yet fiesty nature. Now, they've managed to turn Jennifer into a joyless shrew and all of a sudden, they have KM's Abby following suit.

I don't get the total destruction of the Deveraux family. It's truly baffling what they've done to ALL of them.

S loves EJ

Matt
Nov 22 2013, 12:02 AM
badaddiction
Nov 21 2013, 02:06 PM
Matt
Nov 21 2013, 01:54 PM
holy shit. what the hell did that Abby flashback to EJ mean?! WHAT DID IT MEAN?!?! #EJabby
It means Sami better release the nookie 'cause Abigail has gotten a whiff of those DiMera pheromones.
DiMeramones?

I wouldnīt mind if they would explore Ejabby I really liked the Ejabby scenes. It nice to see that EJ seems comfortable with who he is know instead of trying to hide it. He made lying seems like a good trait and that steady guys like Rafe is boring - couldnīt agree more EJ and Abby was totally buying it.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Steven Williford
Scriptwriter: Melissa Salmons

Segment 1: When EJ tells Abby he knew what Chad was doing she replies 'Your brother was faking a brain tumour and you thought that was okay?' EJ - If I had conferred with my brother from scratch I would likely have suggested something else. I was presented with a fait accompli. If it helps at all he did have some qualms about it. Abby - Nothing that stopped him. EJ - No, I convinced him to stick to the plan and it was the right thing to do.

When Sami asks if something is going on Will says they would rather not get into it. Sami - Did something happen with Gabi and her modelling ... Will - Didn't you just hear me say we'd rather not get into it. Sami - I sure did. Okay. Will - Where are you going? Sami - I'm going to find Gabi, maybe she'll tell me what's going on. Will - Stop. Just wait.

T walks up to Gabi who is sitting in the pub and asks what she's doing. Gabi is just killing time until Rafe gets out of his therapy session. T sits down. Perfect, killing time is my best event.

Maggie comes into Dan's office. He tells her to give him 5 minutes. Where would you like to go for lunch. Maggie was hoping to take a raincheck. Dan - Why? Did you go see Victor? Maggie - No. Dan - You haven't spoken to him yet. Maggie - No, I don't know if I can.

Vic looks up when he hears the front door of the mansion slam. Marlena walks in. How could you? How could you publically destroy my son!

When Eric approaches her Nicole asks him what happened. Eric - I had a meeting with the Bishop. Nicole - So did they kick you out? Are you still a priest?

Will tells Sami this is none of her business. Sonny disagrees - It is kind of her business. Sami - The two of you are scaring me. Is someone sick. Will - No. Sami - Is Gabi in trouble again? Will - No. Gabi got a modelling job. Sami - I wish she were working for me but why are you saying it like it's a bad thing. Will - Because the job is in New York.

Abby - Why EJ - Because I love my brother. I want to make him happy. I want him to get what he wants. Abby - And you thought that lying was the way to get that done. EJ - It had already happened. If he hadn't been shot nobody would be any the wiser. He would have gone through with his treatment; he'd be in remission. Abby - No. There's no way that Chad would have ever been able to keep up a lie like that. EJ - He would have been able to keep up just fine. Abby - No, he wouldn't because Cameron was already suspicious of him. EJ - Cameron did a little investigating but all he found out by looking at Chad's medical records was that he was undergoing treatment as part of a clinical trial. Abby - You did that. EJ - This is not about me. It's about the two of you. You're in love Abigail. Abby - No it is not love for Chad to come to you and ... EJ - He didn't come to me. Abby - But you found out and you made it really easy for him. You blackmailed him. Chad didn't want to move into the mansion but then suddenly he told me he was doing it. You blackmailed your own brother.

Dan - He has a lot to answer for but I really think ... Maggie - I know you think he did it to protect his grandson. You are so forgiving. Dan - I just said he has a lot to answer for. Maggie - Okay. I'm just not ready to fight in public. Dan isn't going to let Victor cheat him out of his time with her. We don't have to go out but you're going to come home with me. I have a miracle cure. Let's go.

Vic - Take it down a notch Marlena. I didn't do anything to your son. In fact it was Fr. Eric doing Kristen that was ... Marlena hauls off and slaps him.

Eric - I'm still a priest for now but I've been suspended. Nicole - For how long? Eric - At least until they find Kristen and get the truth out of her. Nicole - And what happens if they don't find her; what happens to you then?

Segment 2: Abby - What kind of man blackmails his own brother! EJ - It was a negotiation ... Abby - Chad took bullets for you EJ; that is the kind of brother he was. EJ - I'm glad you noticed. Abby - No, don't do that. We're talking about you. EJ - No we're not. This is about the two of you and how perfect you are for one another. Abby - Stop. EJ - It's true. I wouldn't be much of a brother if I didn't at least plead Chad's case. I do want what is best for him. Abby - Oh right, like moving into the mansion. EJ - That's a perfect example. I recognised that he was very reticent to move in but look what happened. His niece and his nephew were thrilled that he moved in and in the end he was happy. Abby - You can justify anything, can't you? The two of you destroy my life and then you make an excuse ... EJ - Destroy your life? When did we destroy your life? Abby - Chad completely manipulated the situation. EJ - He just wanted a fair shot; all he wanted to do was level the playing field. I'll be candid with you. He didn't plan it. It happened. He saw an opportunity to make things right ... Abby - Right? Nothing about this is right. And just so we're clear, your brother got the opposite of what he wanted in the end. EJ - Are you happier now that Chad's not in your life? Abby - That's not the point.

Sami - She thinks she's going to commute from New York? Can you guys work with that? Will - We won't get a chance to try unfortunately. Sami - Why not? Sonny - Because she's moving to New York and taking Ari with her. Sami - The hell she is. Ari starts crying so Sonny goes to attend to her. Sami - I don't understand what she's thinking. She thinks she can just move to New York with the baby. She's going to have a full-time modelling job and be a single mom. Will - They're working out childcare for her and they already have a place for the two of them. Sami - Oh. Did they get a new Daddy for her too? Will - Apparently I can come visit anytime I want with all the money that I don't have and they fly her and Ari back once a month to Salem. Sami - That's impossible. She can't possibly have a contract like that; nobody does. Not today, that's a fairy tale. Will - It's Gabi dream. She's obsessed with it. Sami - Well she needs to get real. I'm serious, there's no way she's taking that baby to New York.

Gabi is talking to T about Ari and then stops when she thinks she's talking too much. T likes Ari. But Sonny said you have some good news. Gabi - I don't want to talk about it until I talk to Rafe. It's just this thing that came out of nowhere. T - It's your turn. You deserve it. I've always thought you deserve better than what you've got.

Dan and Maggie are having lunch at his apartment. Maggie says in the old days this would have been a classic Victor move but she really believed he had put that behind him. Dan - Maybe it was an accident. He certainly didn't intend for it to happen this way. Maggie - I think it's exactly the result that he wanted. He didn't want Brady to marry Kristen. He wanted Kristen to be disgraced if not in line for criminal charges. No I think Victor is sitting at home as happy as a clam. Dan seriously doubts Vic is happy without Maggie there. Maggie doesn't. Dan tells her she's going to have to face Victor sooner or later.

Vic - I can't remember the last time that happened; it makes me feel young. Marlena - My son was drugged and assaulted and you want to banter with me! Vic - Well then I should be thanked. Marlena - What! Vic - A terrible crime was committed. It wouldn't have come to light if I hadn't played the video. Marlena - Oh my gosh. Vic - I should call Crimestoppers; I bet there's a reward. Marlena - We were a team in this. Vic - I'll split it with you. Marlena - And you would have had nothing against Kristen if I hadn't given you that flashdrive. Vic - If I haven't thanked you, my apologies. Marlena - Your apology won't begin to cover what you have done. You knew what was on that DVD when you gave it to me and you knew that if I took that in and put it on the screen it would destroy my son's life.

Eric - I'm not sure what's going to happen if Kristen doesn't surface. Then the Church will be left with the video as evidence. Nicole - But isn't it powerful as proof ... or not. Eric - It's not like I look the victim in it. Nicole - Oh. Eric - I need to find Kristen so I can put context to it. There's a lot of things I need to make right if I can. Nicole - You mean us. Eric - Yes I do.

Segment 3: Abby - So I see. This was all about helping me because silly thing that I am, I couldn't figure out what I wanted for myself on my own. EJ - I've seen the two of you together. You're good together. He was the one for you. Abby - Only because ... EJ - Abigail, I would never think so little of you as to suggest that you ended up in bed with my brother just because this Cameron person wasn't available. Is that what happened? Abby - No it's not. Actually it was ... I don't need to talk about personal stuff with you EJ. EJ thinks that he can offer perspective. Chad was the one for you. Cameron was a distraction. If that wasn't the case you would have went after him. If he wanted to be with you don't you think he would have fought for you. Abby - He was being decent. Obviously that's a really hard concept for you to understand. EJ - You deserved better than him and my brother is a better man. Abby - You know I'm confident that I can find a man who doesn't lie or manipulate the situation ... EJ - Of course. There are an infinite number of men out there who are steady, bloodless, boring. Wouldn't you rather have a man who's so passionate about you that he will do whatever it takes. Abby - No I wouldn't, not if he lied. EJ - Well, that is a pity for my brother; it's rather worse for you. One day you're going to realise that a man who is not willing to push boundaries for the woman he loves is not a man worth having. He leaves.

Sami is rifling through her purse. Will - Mom, NO! That look. This is why I didn't want to tell you. You're going to have to stay out of this. Sami - We are not just going to sit back ... Will - You're going to make it worse! Sami - How? Will - I honestly don't know but I know you're going to do it. I am Ari's father so I will handle it. Sami - You better. Will - Is that an or else? Sami - I'm looking out for you. I mean, seriously, do you want to just let that baby disappear. You think that Gabi's not going to take it away from you? The fact that Gabi is even considering it ... Sonny - Well she's get a life, doesn't she? Sami - Do you want the baby to go? Sonny - Of course I don't. Sami - Then why are you taking her side? Sonny - Because I get how she feels. Will - So do I. Sonny - You think about it; Will's successful with his writing, I have my club, Cameron just joined Doctors Without Borders. Will - And someone approaches her and gives her a dream job and does everything to make it work; of course she wants it. Sami - Wow, I can't even listen to the two of you. You sound like you're ready to hand the baby over to her. Are you going to pack her bags for her too, drive her to the airport. Will - Yeah, maybe we will. Sami - That's it. I'm texting EJ. Will grabs her phone. No. I'm begging you to leave it alone. Sami - Then tell me what you're going to do. Will - I'll tell you what I'm not going to do. I'm not going to get in Gabi's face and start yelling about my right's and your rights and everyone else's rights and tell her how she can't live her life because if I do that, guess what she's going to do. Sami - You think she's just going to take the job. Will - I know she's going to take the job. Sami - Okay. Maybe Gabi will come to her senses. Will - We'll figure something out. Sami - I'm sure you will. The baby is sleeping so maybe I'll just come back another time. Goodbye. She leaves. Sonny - Did your mom just listen to you and agree to back off. Will - I wouldn't count on it.

Dan tells Maggie to let him know what happens with Vic. She will. Hugs. She leaves. There's a knock on the door. It's Anne. Sorry to bother you here but I didn't know when I'd ever see you at work. Dan - When I'm scheduled to there. Anne - I wanted you to have this as soon as possible. You've been served. Dan - This is a summons. Anne - Yes the Disciplinary Committee at the hospital is having a meeting about you.

Marlena - You could have shown Brady that DVD in private. Vic - I tried right up until the time he walked out that door to go to the church. He wouldn't give me 5 seconds let alone 5 minutes. The only way to stop that wedding was a public viewing and I won't apologise for that. Marlena - You sacrificed my son. Vic - You're right and I don't give a damn.

Abe walks up to Nicole and Eric. He shakes Eric's hand. I was just on my way to the church to find you. Eric - I'm not there anymore. I moved in over the Pub. Abe - I'm sorry. Eric - It's okay. Just tell me you found Kristen. Abe - I wish I could but the trail's getting cold. We're not giving up. We are beating the bushes for any lead possible. Eric gets a call from the head of the school PTA. She's a big supporter, I have to take this. He steps away. Abe - I can't imagine how many hard calls he's going to have. I'm glad you can be the friend he needs right now.

Segment 4: Will brings Ari into the room. Sonny tells Will that T is going to cover for him. I'm going to run a couple of errands and then I'm all yours. They kiss and Sonny leaves.

Dan - I'll see you at the hearing. Anne - Also there's a list right there of witnesses and attendees. Dan - Look at that, all the usual suspects. Jennifer is going to be there.

Marlena - It's very clear you don't care who you hurt. Vic - I saved Brady. That was the important thing. Maggie comes in as Marlena replies - No, there's more. You are a selfish, destructive, vengeful man and I am so sorry that I ever came to you. Vic - You knew exactly what I was when you came to me and you knew I'd do anything to save Brady and even more to destroy Kristen. And so would you. Marlena - No. No, not when my son is collateral damage. Vic - He was a casualty of war. Marlena - Go to hell. Vic - I'll meet you at the gate. She leaves. Maggie shows herself.

Nicole - Abe, I just ran into him. This wasn't planned. Abe - Maybe it had to happen that way for him to let anybody help. However it happened I'm glad you were there for him. Eric returns. Abe - So how did it go. Eric - Not well. I need to find Kristen and get her to confess. It's the only thing that's going to help me. Abe gets a call. He steps away. When Nicole starts to leave Eric asks her to wait. There's some things I'd like to say. Nicole - You already did. You want to try and make things right. Good luck with that and I hope you find Kristen and put her away for a long, long time. Eric - You don't have anything to say to me? Nicole - No, there's lots of things I wanted to say once upon a time but you didn't want to hear it. So now what's the point? Eric - I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Nicole - It's okay. Eric - It can't be. Nicole - No, you're right but it's over now and I can't help you. I need to move on and that's exactly what I'm doing. She leaves.

Segment 5: Dan - Who put Jennifer on this list? Anne - She did. Dan - There is no way she would volunteer to sit through a detailed examination of what happened the night Theresa OD'd. Anne - It's her job Dr. She's our PR person when she chooses to show up and we need her for damage control. Your exploits made it to the blogs. Everyone's buzzing about it on the hospital message board. It's only a matter of time before the press picks it up. Dan - So you've been a very busy girl. Anne - Don't worry. With any luck it will get buried behind the creepy priest story. That's why we need a PR person monitoring the situation, scouring the press for any mention of you, the girl or the drugs. Dan - That's why you're doing this. You are the head of HR. Everyone on the committee was fine until you talked to them. This is your goal; a hearing so we can air all the dirty laundry. You really don't care if they hurt me. Anne - I would like them very much to hurt you. Dan - No, you want them to hurt Jennifer. You want her to suffer. Anne - Hey pal, you took care of that all on your own. I'm just cleaning up behind you. Dan slams the door in her face.

Abby comes over to Will's. Where's the party? Will - It got put on hold but we can hang out if you want. Abby gushes over Ari. Will can't get over how much different she looks after a week; imagine if I was gone for a month. Abby - Lucky for you you weren't. Did you get any feedback on your story. Will hasn't checked his email yet. Abby thought the Professor had a publisher on the line. Aren't you curious to find out what happened? If this is a bad time ... Will - No. Sorry. I'm just jetlagged and this has been a full day. Abby - I'll just go. Will - No. You haven't even held Ari yet it you want to. Of course she does. She holds Ari and tells her she's so lucky because she has a momma and a daddy and an extra daddy who love you so, so much.

EJ is about to leave the Club when Sami comes in. He greets her but she ignores him. EJ asks her what's wrong.

Sonny comes into the pub. Gabi - Sonny, I can't. I'm not going to go another round with you. Sonny - Me neither. I came here to apologise.

Vic - Sorry, I didn't know you were here. Maggie - Would you have done or said anything differently if you had? Vic - Marlena made a deal that she regrets. Maggie - I doubt she made a deal to eviscerate her son. She has every reason to be angry with you. Vic - Eric is responsible for his own actions. Maggie - He was drugged. Vic - Then he's not responsible and I brought a terrible crime to light. Maggie - So you're going to go with that. Vic - No. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He certainly looked like he was enjoying himself but I get shot down every time I bring that up so either way it's all out there now. They can figure out what happened. Maggie - And of course that was your real goal all along. What's happened to you Victor? Vic - I don't understand the question. Maggie - That's the problem. Let me spell it out. The man I'm looking at, he's not the Victor I married.

Dan reads the summons again and crumbles it up and throws it against the wall. He knocks some stuff off the desk as Nicole comes in. Nicole - What's going on? Dan - No, no, no. Nicole - Please talk to me; tell me.

Abe and Eric are at a table in the square. Abe is taking notes. So is there anything else. Eric - Abe, I have wracked my brain. I have no idea where Kristen could be. How bad is it? Abe - Like I said the trail has grown cold. Kristen's a DiMera. I don't think the family's going to help. Marlena walks up.

Segment 6: Will tells Abby he missed Ari and he doesn't want to go away again.

EJ - Is this about Eric and Kristen still? Sami - Still? Yes, count on it. It's still going on for me. EJ - Something else is bothering you at the moment. Sami - The Kristen / Eric thing is going to continue to bother me. EJ - I understand but something else has happened since I last saw you so why don't you tell me what that is.

Sonny - Will doesn't know that I'm here. I didn't tell him how crummy I was to you earlier and I wanted to come and apologise because I'm so sorry I talked to you that way. And no matter what happens from here on out I think it's important that you and I do not fight anymore. That is the worse thing for Ari. Gabi - I agree. Thank you. I'm really not trying to hurt Will. I want to do the best for me and the baby. I want her to have the best life possible. Sonny - I know you do. Who are you talking to about all this? Gabi - What do you mean? Sonny - Like who's helping you decide. Gabi - I am. That's just the way it has to be. Sonny - Okay. I better get going. Gabi - How's Will? Dumb question, sorry. Sonny leaves.

Nicole - This officially blows. So what's your next move? Dan - You don't have to deal with it Nicole. Nicole - Yes I do. I'm your friend and your problems are a great distraction for me ... besides I'm really good at it. Let's plan your strategy.

Vic - Maggie I love you but that's a load of nonsense. I'm completely the man you married. Maggie - No. He was tired of manipulating and bullying his way through life. He'd given that up; at least that's what he said. Vic - But this was about family. Anything is fair game. Maggie - Including a priest who had never done anything but good in this world. Vic - If that's true then he'll be fine. Maybe there'll even be criminal charges against Kristen. That works for me. Once you've had a good night's sleep you'll come to your senses too. Maggie - I already have.

Abe tells Eric he'll be in touch as soon as he knows anything. He leaves. Marlena - May I join you? So you met with the Bishop this morning? Eric - Yeah, just finished. He suspended me. After the video he didn't have much choice. Marlena - What happens next? Eric - Unless we find Kristen and she clears me, I'll be defrocked.

Segment 7: Abby returns home. She remembers the last thing EJ said to her. She scoffs - He's EJ DiMera, what does he know.

EJ pushes for Sami to talk to him. Sami tells him it's nothing for him to worry about. I can handle it. We don't have to tell each other everything, right? You made that clear. I've got this. She leaves.

Sonny returns home. Will, holding Ari, tells Sonny - I can't lose her. I will not.

Sami sees Gabi leaving the Pub.

Vic - What did you decide? Maggie - After everything that happened, that you did, I've decided that our marriage is over. She grabs her coat and purse and leaves.

Eric - This can't be a surprise. Marlena - I'm just so sorry. Where will you go? Eric - Grandma's got a room over the pub. Marlena - I've got plenty of room at my place. Eric - No that wouldn't ... Grandma's looking forward to it. I'll keep an eye on her. Marlena - You know I love you. Eric - I do. Marlena - And you know I'm trained to help ... Eric - You know what Mom, I really need to do this alone. He leaves.

Nicole - You got yourself into this mess because you were trying to do something good; covering for Jennifer's ungrateful juvenile delinquent of a son. Dan - I'd do it again if I had to. I wish there was some way to fix it. Nicole - There is. We'll find it. Dan - I wish there was some way I could forget it all for an afternoon or just maybe even an hour. Nicole - That's not too much to ask. She kisses him on the cheek. She then kisses him on the lips.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I dont get these Abby and EJ scenes. Its good that they are mixing the characters so its not just the same comfort zones. BUt it makes me think they might be planning something with them?
What are your thoughts?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

i<3ddjmalways
Nov 22 2013, 01:36 AM
Rosebud
Nov 22 2013, 01:17 AM
i<3ddjmalways
Nov 21 2013, 11:58 PM
mjkiss
Nov 21 2013, 11:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm glad you brought this up because I just got done watching the Marlena/Eric scenes again and my heart just about broke. Marlena always had a special relationship with her only natural son. She and Eric have always had a special bond and to see how he treats her now, just breaks my heart. Eric has been my favorite of Marlena's kids; next to Belle of course and now I just want to smack him. :toetap:
Marlena didn't mean to hurt him deliberately, she would never purposely hurt her own kids in any way but it seems like Eric just doesn't want to believe that. I just don't understand it.
I really feel bad for Marlena right now. Because of Kristen, she has lost her husband, her son, and her stepson. I am getting the feeling that TPTB don't really like her.
I just hope Marlena can get the relationship with her son Eric back on track, I mean she's got to have at least one of her kids on her side. Right? :shrug:
When Eric first came back to Salem he was actually pretty harsh on her, and John. I hated him when he expected Marlena to get back with FauxRo. He was obnoxious.
Yes he was obnoxious at first about wanting his parents to reunite, he did finally come around though. Once he did, I really liked him. Even Marlena said that Eric was really a "mama's boy" from the very beginning. She said that she and Eric had a special relationship from the start. Sami was a "daddy's girl" but Eric belonged to Marlena. That's why it was so hard to see those scenes between the two of them. Eric was Marlena's last hope of having someone on her side, and now she can't even count on her only son. Sad really. :tears:

Eric has to know that Marlena didn't intentionally hurt him or would never intentionally hurt him. I understand Eric is hurt and angry but that still doesn't give him the right to treat his mother like dirt on his shoe. She his mother and him being a priest he should be more forgiving. He wants Nicole to forgive him but he can't forgive his own mother? What a butt! :eyeroll:
We'll, I completely agree! It sure doesn't make him all that rootable to me right now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 22 2013, 01:44 AM
I didn't think Eric treated Marlena badly today...
I do. He completely brushed her off. It was rude and thoughtless.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

camera shy
Nov 21 2013, 02:59 PM
AFaithL
Nov 21 2013, 02:45 PM
Keith
Nov 21 2013, 01:21 PM
EJ just nailed Abigail.
And the image that came to my mind when you said that...
I think down the road he just might and then enter a Chad re-cast.
Ha, ha.. interesting idea. For real! :whistle:

S loves EJ

I think Ejami will break up when Sami finds out that EJ know about the drugs, and then EJ will end up sleeping with Abby but then reconcile with Sami, which probably means Abby ends up pregnant not that EJ needs an other child.

Kaha
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Nov 22 2013, 08:35 AM
Mitchapalooza
JessicaLeigh
Is Abigail less popular right now than Melanie used to be? If the answer to this question is a clear yes, writers - it's time to reevaluate and retool the character. There is no reason why a young, pretty, vibrant, smart legacy character should suck so much. All the pieces are there to make her work.
I would say no. Abby is no where near as annoying as Melanie...but I feel like part of Melanie is being manifested in Abby, now that the red bitch is no longer on our screens (thank the lord). Abby is definitely annoying right now and has been for a long time...but she is still not at Melanie levels...at least not to me.

There is absolutely no contest in the looks department however....Mansi SCHOOLS Burnett in every single aspect in that respect.
The thing that makes Abby unrootable and unrecognizable for me is that the whole time she was growing up, she was very much her daddy's girl - sharp, witty, focused - but with her mother's sweet yet fiesty nature. Now, they've managed to turn Jennifer into a joyless shrew and all of a sudden, they have KM's Abby following suit.

I don't get the total destruction of the Deveraux family. It's truly baffling what they've done to ALL of them.
2012 Abigail Deveraux was much more appealing than today's Abigail. Today's Abigail defined herself by her virginity and she considers her life ruined because she lost it to the wrong guy.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

S loves EJ
Nov 22 2013, 10:42 AM
I think Ejami will break up when Sami finds out that EJ know about the drugs, and then EJ will end up sleeping with Abby but then reconcile with Sami, which probably means Abby ends up pregnant not that EJ needs an other child.
I don't think that's even remotely what's going to happen.

JillianJ

S loves EJ
Not even close IMO.

JaneDigby

lysie
I don't either. I think he's still feeling hurt by what she did but I think he clearly tried NOT to hurt her. He needs a little distance, that's understandable. He could have said, "I don't want to live with YOU and I don't want help from YOU." Instead he said, "Grandma's really looking forward to it and I can keep an eye on her."

I also thought that Marlena handled it pretty well. She didn't go all Jennifer and moan about how this all HURTS HER THE MOST. Mar knows Victor played her. She knows she played an unwitting part in Eric's humiliation. She's also knows that Kristen used Eric to hurt her. And she knows that her desire to expose Kristen ended up hurting Eric. She's doing her best to own it. I'm pleasantly surprised that show is keeping Mar strong and not letting her go all "poor me."

JaneDigby

JillianJ
Nov 22 2013, 11:16 AM
S loves EJ
Not even close IMO.
In the words of Rick James: Cocaine's a helluva drug.

But I still don't see this happening. Ever.

JaneDigby

Kaha
Nov 22 2013, 10:52 AM
somuchwhatever
Nov 22 2013, 08:35 AM
Mitchapalooza
JessicaLeigh

2012 Abigail Deveraux was much more appealing than today's Abigail. Today's Abigail defined herself by her virginity and she considers her life ruined because she lost it to the wrong guy.
Yes.

And here I thought I'd never have to hear about Abby's Holy Hymen again, now she's mourning it's passing. No doubt, Ghost Hymen will make an appearance next week, haunting Abby.

six
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Nov 22 2013, 11:37 AM
lysie
I don't either. I think he's still feeling hurt by what she did but I think he clearly tried NOT to hurt her. He needs a little distance, that's understandable. He could have said, "I don't want to live with YOU and I don't want help from YOU." Instead he said, "Grandma's really looking forward to it and I can keep an eye on her."

I also thought that Marlena handled it pretty well. She didn't go all Jennifer and moan about how this all HURTS HER THE MOST. Mar knows Victor played her. She knows she played an unwitting part in Eric's humiliation. She's also knows that Kristen used Eric to hurt her. And she knows that her desire to expose Kristen ended up hurting Eric. She's doing her best to own it. I'm pleasantly surprised that show is keeping Mar strong and not letting her go all "poor me."

Abe also said he's been avoiding his entire family. He doesn't want to talk about it or deal with it right now, and it's okay for him to do that instead of trying to react in a way that would be best for Marlena.

spartan
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Uh uh. If anything, Abby will find out she's pregnant from Chad and then I could see EJ pulled in either by her manipulations (ala Austin) out of a sense of obligation or responsibility to family.

AS and JS mentioned in an interview that there was a story opportunity for Chad to make a reappearance. I couldn't help but think it would be because she was pregnant. Yesterday's EJ/Abby scenes did nothing to dispell that theory.
That flashback Abby had was definitely odd and leading somewhere probably.
Who knows though?

six
Member Avatar

Oh God, IDK if I could deal with that. It's okay to want to push a pregnant woman off the pier if she's fictional right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply