Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings week of Nov 11: NBC press release
Topic Started: Nov 21 2013, 04:18 PM (1,791 Views)
Ellie

November 21, 2013
'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' DELIVERS ITS BIGGEST WEEK IN TOTAL VIEWERS SINCE FEBRUARY 2011

Season to Date, ‘Days’ Is Up 12% in Both the Women 18-49 and 25-54 Demos and Up 7% in Total Viewers

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – Nov. 21, 2013 – “Days of our Lives” has generated its top week in total viewers since February 2011, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of Nov. 11-15 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days of our Lives" averaged a 1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #4 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #6 in the women 18-34 race. "Days" matched its highest women 18-49 and 18-34 ratings in nearly two years (since the week of November 21-25, 2011).

In total viewers, “Days of our Lives” averaged 2.845 million persons for the week, its highest weeklong average since the week of Jan. 31-Feb. 4, 2011, 33 months ago, during which it averaged 3.030 million viewers.

For the week versus the same week last year, "Days of our Lives" was up 21% in the women 18-34 race (211,000 vs. 175,000), up 19% in the women 18-49 demographic (651,000 vs. 549,000), up 17% in the women 25-54 race (803,000 vs. 688,000) and up 18% in total viewers (2.8 million vs. 2.4 million).

Season to date, "Days of our Lives" is tied for #3 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #5 in the women 18-34 demo. For the season to date, "Days of our Lives" is up 5% in the women 18-34 category (214,000 vs. 203,000), up 12% in the women 18-49 race (674,000 vs. 602,000), up 12% in the women 25-54 demo (833,000 vs. 744,000) and up 7% in total viewers (2.8 million vs. 2.6 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JillianJ

Excellent, well earned, last week was fantastic.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

YESSSSS!!! That's wassup!! Last week was fantastic!!
#GoDays

kdashnaw

This is great. It's long overdue. Happy for everyone at Days.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Good job DAYS...still not enough to grab 3rd though as GH had 2.9 million viewers or so this week.

Vicky4Mimi

Feb., 2011 was the beginning the Rafe 2 storyline, I believe. That's interesting.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 21 2013, 05:36 PM
Good job DAYS...still not enough to grab 3rd though as GH had 2.9 million viewers or so this week.
how do we know what GH did last week? Are they posted somewhere already?

JillianJ

Vicky4Mimi
Nov 21 2013, 05:50 PM
Feb., 2011 was the beginning the Rafe 2 storyline, I believe. That's interesting.
and it collapsed during that sl and its culmination, boy am I glad those days are behind us.

DOOL does events well, they just need a way to maintain the momentum.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Nov 21 2013, 06:18 PM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 21 2013, 05:36 PM
how do we know what GH did last week? Are they posted somewhere already?
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11/21/general-hospital-surges-to-an-over-2-year-high-in-women-18-49/217363/

GH got 2.98 Million total viewers, 753,000 Women 18-49, 1.2 Women 18-49, #1 in 18-34 with 255,000 viewers.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Days does events well but they also do severe loses after great gains I'd be surprised if they keep any of the viewers they've gained this week. By December they'll look worse than last week... You watch... Days hasn't been able to keep consistency going for more than 2 weeks
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 21 2013, 07:16 PM.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Yay days!! I know I was glued to my sit all week :cheer:

jdawg1077

LuvingLumi
Nov 21 2013, 07:15 PM
Days does events well but they also do severe loses after great gains I'd be surprised if they keep any of the viewers they've gained this week. By December they'll look worse than last week... You watch... Days hasn't been able to keep consistency going for more than 2 weeks
Very true. I'm scared for next week's ratings (this week's air shows). There will be a drop for sure. It's been pretty slow this week, IMO, and I don't think Shane/Kim have the pull to lure in an audience. A show can't survive on payoffs every 4-6 months. Let's hope that they can build some momentum during what TPTB can only hope will be a cold, snowy winter. As of now, Days has had two successful sweeps periods (May and thus far November). If they can continue that momentum through March I think they'll be in decent shape for making it to 2015 and their 50th anniversary. I'm getting the feeling that they will be springing a surprise on us around XMas that will get fans tuning in.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I am glad DAYS went up. It will probably go up, but it if the show does big events like this, DAYS will show that small budgets can really work!

lysie
Member Avatar

You know what's shocking about this? That Days hasn't managed in almost three years to get back to what they had right before Higley was ousted. Seriously. That is shocking. I would have thought that to get higher than that early part of MarDar, we'd have to go back to the end of the baby switch/the phelanie wedding, but apparently we still haven't even gotten back up to what Rafe's car accident brought in, lol.

Congratulations, Whitesell. We're back up to the numbers that got you fired the first time.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Quote:

we still haven't even gotten back up to what Rafe's car accident brought in, lol.

Sorry... I couldn't resist... That's because people tuned in to see if he'd die lol

I'm glad that the ratings are good for Days. Realistically, the show will never surpass Y&R or GH, so I'm just happy that it is staying on the air. As long as that doesn't change, I really don't care what number it's at since it fluctuates all the time. It has been at #2 occasionally in the key demos, so that's good.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Nov 21 2013, 10:01 PM
You know what's shocking about this? That Days hasn't managed in almost three years to get back to what they had right before Higley was ousted. Seriously. That is shocking. I would have thought that to get higher than that early part of MarDar, we'd have to go back to the end of the baby switch/the phelanie wedding, but apparently we still haven't even gotten back up to what Rafe's car accident brought in, lol.

Congratulations, Whitesell. We're back up to the numbers that got you fired the first time.
The show has not recovered from MarDar's total decimation.

They sunk the shows to absolute new lows and what sucks is people like Christie Clark, Patrick Muldoon and Matthew Ashford took the fall for that....which was crap.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 22 2013, 12:39 AM
lysie
Nov 21 2013, 10:01 PM

The show has not recovered from MarDar's total decimation.

They sunk the shows to absolute new lows and what sucks is people like Christie Clark, Patrick Muldoon and Matthew Ashford took the fall for that....which was crap.
The thing is, MarDar's crap wasn't much lower than Higley's crap. This show has just had a steady stream of crap for years. But when the week they're comparing "highs" to was a week like that one, that's when you realize how piss poor off the show actually is. It's definitely doing better. I'm not saying that it isn't. I just found it shocking that we're now comparing it to ratings that led to a major overhaul. It's kind of sad. Until they pulled that date out, I hadn't realized just how close the good stuff now is to the bad stuff that made A LOT of us tune out.

paul89

we havent seen a car since 2004- 05???

Hugo
Member Avatar

Tuesday's episode with Marlena/Kristen and Eric/Brady facing off went over 3 millions. :D
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/ratings-big-week-for-daysgh

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

paul89
Nov 22 2013, 01:04 AM
we havent seen a car since 2004- 05???
No we saw cars in 2007

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply