Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings week of Nov 11: NBC press release
Topic Started: Nov 21 2013, 04:18 PM (1,835 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Hugo
Nov 22 2013, 04:27 AM
Tuesday's episode with Marlena/Kristen and Eric/Brady facing off went over 3 millions. :D
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/ratings-big-week-for-daysgh
that's pretty awesome! i think it's been a long time since any single Days eppi broke that mark.

I do think this week will drop most though :( They lost their momentum Monday. They really should have had SOME of the fallout on Monday instead of waiting until Thursday. It really would have helped keep some people.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

blueskies
Nov 22 2013, 09:10 AM
Hugo
Nov 22 2013, 04:27 AM
Tuesday's episode with Marlena/Kristen and Eric/Brady facing off went over 3 millions. :D
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/ratings-big-week-for-daysgh
that's pretty awesome! i think it's been a long time since any single Days eppi broke that mark.

I do think this week will drop most though :( They lost their momentum Monday. They really should have had SOME of the fallout on Monday instead of waiting until Thursday. It really would have helped keep some people.
They should have followed it up this week with whatever they have planned for NIck....and not wait till next week to have that happen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I think Days could surpass GH if the show wrote for the entire year and didn't focus so much on sweeps.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

DAYS would do better if they wrote for the ENTIRE CAST and not for 2 couples, and bring back love and romance. DAYS are the only soap day or nighttime that has this kind of agenda! The other daytime soaps can have their worst day and still bring in more viewers that DAYS can on its best day. TPTB are throwing up their hands and bowing to their competition and throwing them the key to watch YR, B&B, and GH. Being a fan of DAYS for my entire life this is very SAD!

S loves EJ

I think TPTB are very happy with this numbers, I doubt they were expecting more.

The ratings will probably drop this week though it was a slow start at the beginning of this week. Still I think they have a good chance to bounce back because by the look of the november sweeps preview they will write more for the entire cast. I dont know if Im interested in anything besides what will happen with EJ and Ejami, but it looks like there will be things coming up for those who likes Lucas, Rafe, Hope, Wilson, Nick, Ericole, and the whos done it storyline might be something for everyone to like. I think its the kind of storyline that I will more likely enjoy if I stop reading spoilers, so I will try to do that again.

S loves EJ

lysie
Nov 21 2013, 10:01 PM
You know what's shocking about this? That Days hasn't managed in almost three years to get back to what they had right before Higley was ousted. Seriously. That is shocking. I would have thought that to get higher than that early part of MarDar, we'd have to go back to the end of the baby switch/the phelanie wedding, but apparently we still haven't even gotten back up to what Rafe's car accident brought in, lol.

Congratulations, Whitesell. We're back up to the numbers that got you fired the first time.

I would think Whitsell got fired because the numbers drop from 2.1 and being over 3 million to 1.9 and losing 400 000 viewers in one week. Plus the ratings had been bad the whole fall of 2010 with being between 1.7-1.9. I can see how people tune in thinking Rafe2 storyline would be good but then turning out to be terrible. I did like the scene when EJ and Stefano was taunting Rafe when he first woke up in his cell but it quickly went down hill from there. I usually like doubleganger storylines I did love the evil twin story with Ben/Derek on Sunset Beach.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply