Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UPDATE on special report coverage for Fri. 11/22; Majority of Acts 4 & 5 will be preempted for 1PM ET/12PM CT
Topic Started: Nov 21 2013, 11:30 PM (748 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

UPDATE ABOUT FRIDAY 11/22/13 EPISODE OF "DAYS" FOR 1PM ET/12PM CT AFFILIATES...MAJORITY OF ACTS FOUR & FIVE WILL BE PREEMPTED....NBC RE-ADJUSTS ACTS TO ALLOW ALL 21 MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS TO AIR...END CREDITS WILL AIR AS A STAND-ALONE AT THE END OF THE EPISODE

"Days of Our Lives" fans in the Eastern time zone & Central time zone (who get "Days" from 1-2PM ET/12-1PM CT) will be getting a special feed of the show tomorrow, due to NBC News coverage of the memorial service honoring the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's death. NBC has rearranged the "Days" acts to make sure none of its commercials get preempted (during the highly-critical November sweeps period). While viewers will get to see all 21 minutes of commercials, a portion of the episode (from around 8-9 minutes) will be preempted for the news coverage of the memorial. Viewers in the Mountain & Pacific time zones will not be affected and will get the regular feed of the episode.

**PLEASE NOTE: The memorial coverage could be cancelled tomorrow if there are bad weather conditions in Dallas.

ET/CT viewers, here's what to expect tomorrow:

TEASER ACT/ACT ONE........1:00:00PM-1:05:32PM

COMMERCIAL BREAK # 1....4 minutes

ACT TWO..............................1:09:37PM-1:16:34PM

COMMERCIAL BREAK # 2....4 minutes, 30 seconds

A combination of ACT 3/ACT 4/ACT 5 will begin at 1:21:04PM
At some point, around 1:28PM, fans will miss around 8-9 minutes of "Days" for news coverage (1:28-1:36:54)
The news coverage should end by 1:36:54PM and go right into

COMMERCIAL BREAK # 3.....3 minutes, 55 seconds

ACT SIX.................................1:40:51PM-1:45:32PM

COMMERCIAL BREAK # 4......4 minutes, 30 seconds

ACT SEVEN...........................1:50:03PM-1:53:35PM

At this point, the show will go to
COMMERCIAL BREAK # 5.....4 minutes

The end credits will then air ..1:57:36PM-1:58:11PM
Edited by Jason47, Nov 21 2013, 11:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason for the update.
So basically there is only 8 minutes of Days in the second half hour, this is BS NBC.
Edited by Hugo, Nov 22 2013, 04:24 AM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I guess they really want that ad money. FUCK U, NBC!!!

Keith
Member Avatar

This is not something I can upset over. Its a nationally historic moment. If they're going to partially pre-empt, I'll take this. They could have done a full pre-emption and had pre-airing coverage with people talking about it for the first 20 minutes. I'm glad they seemed to give DAYS what they could.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Perhaps most of you weren't alive 50 years ago, I was a barely 20 year old new mother far away from home at that moment. I was watching a movie that was interrupted and was briefly upset for the interruption but then glued to the tv for 4 days watching this tragic event unfold. To most of you, it is just history. I met JFK in 1960 as a high school junior and he took time to come over to me and sign an autograph which I still have. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

jam6242
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze, I was only 5 but I remember it well. I was with my parents in the car when we heard the news on the radio. My employer asked people to share their remembrances of that day on our internal internet and some of the responses have been very moving. This will probably be the last big commemoration because a lot of us who remember that day will be passed on or very old by the time the next milestone comes around.
Edited by jam6242, Nov 22 2013, 01:57 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I wasn't old enough to vote in the 1960 election, but I remember telling my father after I had met JFK that I had met the next president. It was a cool time. We stayed up late the night of the convention so I could see him get the nomination. I really felt he was MY president.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I wasn't born yet,but I have done plenty on the history of JFK,a sad day in American history.

KAM

"As the World Stopped Turning"

Below are links to the ATWT live broadcast from November 22, 1963 plus a current NY Times article about the soap broadcast and the CBS Bulletin interruptions. Walter Cronkite's voice only bulletins come at 10:01, 13:08 and then 17:45, interrupting Nancy Hughes (the wonderful Helen Wagner) and then sandwiched among one more show snippet and some very old style commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLxvO1AJ2Nk

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/arts/television/as-the-world-turns-interrupted-by-kennedys-shooting.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&adxnnl=1&rref=television&hpw&adxnnlx=1385164995-y04W246aj5MIn3Zoiab6fg

The Kennedys, John Connally, Walter Cronkite, Helen Wagner...all gone now...all gone. RIP

Will&Sonny

ArizonaDaze
Nov 22 2013, 01:51 PM
Perhaps most of you weren't alive 50 years ago, I was a barely 20 year old new mother far away from home at that moment. I was watching a movie that was interrupted and was briefly upset for the interruption but then glued to the tv for 4 days watching this tragic event unfold. To most of you, it is just history. I met JFK in 1960 as a high school junior and he took time to come over to me and sign an autograph which I still have. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Personally, I'd feel the same way about this interruption even if I had been alive back then. I was alive to witness the 9/11 tragedy, and that doesn't make me consider interruptions to commemorate that anniversary any less annoying. I just feel that there's a time and a place for news, and that's during shows and on channels that are dedicated to delivering said news. There's certainly plenty of each. Preempting shows to deliver news is always inappropriate, IMO, regardless of the reason.

But that's just my opinion, and it has nothing to do with being disrespectful to any particular tragedy. It's just about being respectful to people who, for whatever reason, don't want to see said coverage, not to mention being respectful to the work that many people put into filming an episode that was meant to be seen in its entirety, not chopped up and interrupted midway through on the whims of network broadcasters.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply