Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jade Harlow joining "Days" cast in January.
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:42 AM (28,544 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:01 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 1 2013, 06:59 PM
Characters are more important than pairings, period.
IN YOUR OPINION. It is my opinion that supercouples are the only reason to watch. Days has lost so many long-time viewers over the years because it doesn't respect the fans of supercouples.
You can only speak for yourself. You have no way to truly know the motivations behind people's decisions to watch or not watch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rebelstarter

Will&Sonny
Dec 1 2013, 06:59 PM
the names Billie, Carly, Kristen, Mike, Sami, Lucas, and Frankie immediately spring to mind.
All those characters you listed were INTERLOPERS to the supercouples! They were never legitimate pairings, and thankfully true love won out. Of course supercouples need the occasional break-up to keep things interesting, but couples who are 40+ like John/Marlena, Jack/Jennifer, Bo/Hope, etc. are beyond love triangles and third parties trying to break them up. Writers need to write for these couples as COUPLES and use internal conflict to keep the drama and tension up, and not resort to tearing apart true love for good. What we've seen over the years on Days is a permanent end to true love romance stories like Jack and Jennifer and Patch and Kayla and Sami and Lucas. Under this regime, those couples are NEVER going to reunite, and that is a damn shame. We live in a horrible world, and we need to be reminded that love conquers all. I take comfort that Drake is coming back, but Tomsell are hacks and will botch the Jarlena reunion. Luckily, my favourite couple Carrie and Austin are happily together off-screen with their baby, where no harm can come to them from Tomsell's poison pen.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Let's play nice now, gang!! This is a thread about the Jade Harlow casting, please try to stay on topic. I never like seeing "fights" breaking out in topics I start!!

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

After reading through this thread, I've come to realize that I need another beer. :drunk:

And, with greatest respect to Jason, I agree. My two cents is that I hope Jade & Bryan have good chemistry - if they don't have it...well... Still, Lucas is a legacy character with excellent ties to the canvas & I'm still glad he's getting air-time. Hopefully when she can officially announce it, Jade frees up her Twitter feed, FB account etc so she can interact with her fans.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Dec 1 2013, 07:12 PM.

rebelstarter

I am sorry, Jason. I just feel the need to defend myself when I am ganged up on. I thought this was a board where all opinions were welcomed, but I am getting slammed by people because I love supercouples. It's upsetting.

Will&Sonny

Anyway, back to the original topic of the thread....

Although it wasn't originally intended to mean exactly what we take it to mean these days, I think the Bard's words are nevertheless fitting here.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 07:06 PM
Let's play nice now, gang!! This is a thread about the Jade Harlow casting, please try to stay on topic. I never like seeing "fights" breaking out in topics I start!!
Lol, I was just thinking that this has to be the most hopping and uncivilized Jason47 thread ever.

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image

Will&Sonny

Samifan
Nov 30 2013, 12:16 PM
Jason47
Nov 27 2013, 12:42 AM
Posted Image

FROM HARMONY TO SALEM: THE NEW WOMAN IN LUCAS' LIFE...

Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) fans were happy to hear recently that his role on the show would be increasing as we near the end of the year. In January, fans will get to meet a new woman in Lucas' life. Will she be his girlfriend or will they just be platonic friends? While that question is yet to be answered, the actress playing the role will be one of these 15 former residents of "Passions." Will it be Brandi Burkhardt, Erin Cardillo, Cathy Jeneen Doe, Jade Harlow, Emily Harper, Liza Huber, Brook Kerr, Kyrie Maezumi, Heidi Mueller, Daphnee Duplaix Samuel, Molly Stanton, Danica Stewart, Melinda Sward, McKenzie Westmore or Deanna Wright? The actresses in the photo are pictured in alphabetical order.
I think its about time for Lucas to have someone in his life....Father Eric is getting more than he is... :drunk:
While I think the whole portmanteau thing is a bit annoying and more than a bit silly, it did occur to me that it would be funny if her character's name was also Jade, since they could then be known as "Lade" -- something that Lucas hasn't gotten in ages.

lysie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:08 PM
I am sorry, Jason. I just feel the need to defend myself when I am ganged up on. I thought this was a board where all opinions were welcomed, but I am getting slammed by people because I love supercouples. It's upsetting.
You're opinion is absolutely welcome. Your tone is not. Take a look around. Your'e talking to A LOT of supercouple fans.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 07:10 PM
Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 07:06 PM
Lol, I was just thinking that this has to be the most hopping and uncivilized Jason47 thread ever.

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image
and it's a Lucas related thread ya'll...buzz is buzz....lol

Anyway....I don't think anyone in this thread can type that Sami has been shown to love any of her men absolutely since maybe 2010....so IMHO let's all see it this way....

SAMI claims she loves Rafe but boinks EJ in a night of grief sex when they thought Johnny was dead
SAMI claims she loves Lucas but kisses on Ej and runs away with him leaving Lucas out in the cold during the Daysaster
SAMI claims she is going to give Ej a shot but the minute Rafe shows up at the Dimera safe house door she forgets EJ exists
SAMI tells Hope that she and Rafe are just like Bope but the minute that Rafe pisses her off by siding with his sister she runs to Ej and fucks him.

Sorry but to me SAMI is the one not worthy of Lucas' love...let him find a woman that loves and cherishes him....let's her be crazy, I don't care...if Sami happens to come around, okay...whatever, my main goal is getting Lucas laid ya'll who's with me....

Hamilton
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 1 2013, 06:52 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 06:43 PM
If Lucas gets another love interest, her role should be to make Sami jealous and ultimately lead to a Lumi reunion. Certain couples are meant to be and the idea of them with anyone else is wrong. That's what true love is all about: when you find The One and fight to be with them forever. Everyone else is just second best.
:facepalm:

Lumi reunion? Hell no! Not because I hated Lumi, in fact I enjoyed them, but why should Sami get to prance around town having all the romantic writing geared toward how it affects her? Her character hasn't earned or deserve that attention. Sami has shown she doesn't even respect love.

I couldn't be happier that BOTH Lucas and Rafe are getting a shot at new women. Rafe's story hasn't shown any inclusion of Sami and of that I'm thankful as well as intrigued by the mystery they've incorporated surrounding his new romance. I have high hopes that Lucas' love interest will be similarly engaging and without Sami playing a key part. Having Jade join the cast and creating story with Bryan is a step in the right direction of finally opening up the canvas and giving viewers more options to enjoy.

I agree with LuvingLumi as long as the story is good and the chemistry is working I'm going to be invested. I like these men and I don't think it's fair that they wait in the wings for their turn on Sami's this-time-it's-true-love merry-go-round.

Welcome Jade Harlow! Looking forward to your January debut and the fresh story your character brings to Salem!
Edited by Hamilton, Dec 1 2013, 07:41 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I am just happy at the idea that they are considering a story/pairing for Lucas/Bryan. Even when taken off contract, Bryan has played the hell out of every scene - and he's been a wonderful, grounding presence for Will without losing his Lucas-ness (still a bit of a hothead). I know that there were issues with Bryan, and I truly hope he's earned his new shot to shine and I have full confidence that he can ace a story if written a good one.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Jade has certainly changed her tune. Looks like she visited this thread, and hopefully realized she did nothing wrong, and that this scoop was happening with or without her tweets:

Quote:

FAN TWEET -
@ZHeatherChamp: @jade_harlow Sorry about the Twitter drama. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by others & what they do. :(

JADE TWEETS -
@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp The only Twitter drama over here is me trying to figure out how Twitter works.

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp I'm wicked late to Twitter and have made every mistake possible and touched every button 5 times lol~ I'm workin out the bugs

FAN TWEET -
@ZHeatherChamp: @jade_harlow I meant the "fans" jumping over you bc of what you supposedly tweeted. I shake my head at some fans sometimes. :(

JADE TWEETS -
@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp they are just excited at the possibility of fan favorite Lucas Horton getting more air time & I don't blame them.

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp if someone's pissed at me because I'm not twitter savvy or don't have all the right things to say, then que sera, sera

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp but I feel that everyone has been extraordinarily sweet and supportive just at the mention of this rumor #honored #humbled

Now these tweets I can appreciate! :) Looks like she panicked because she initially thought she had done something wrong, and now realizes this isn't the case.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 07:12 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:08 PM
You're opinion is absolutely welcome. Your tone is not. Take a look around. Your'e talking to A LOT of supercouple fans.
Rebelstarter, you can always have an opinion, sure, but at least for my topics, let's try and keep it fun!! I'm the fun one who brings game and trivia and sneak peeks to all the boards. And for everyone here, I came here tonight to update the Christmas Sneak Peeks thread and then I see all this stuff posted in the Jade Harlow thread. So, especially at my favorite time of the year, let's keep it civilized and fun, especially when in my threads. Thanks!!

:thankyou: :grouphug: :thanks:

lysie
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Jade has certainly changed her tune. Looks like she visited this thread, and hopefully realized she did nothing wrong, and that this scoop was happening with or without her tweets:

Quote:

FAN TWEET -
@ZHeatherChamp: @jade_harlow Sorry about the Twitter drama. Sometimes I'm embarrassed by others & what they do. :(

JADE TWEETS -
@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp The only Twitter drama over here is me trying to figure out how Twitter works.

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp I'm wicked late to Twitter and have made every mistake possible and touched every button 5 times lol~ I'm workin out the bugs

FAN TWEET -
@ZHeatherChamp: @jade_harlow I meant the "fans" jumping over you bc of what you supposedly tweeted. I shake my head at some fans sometimes. :(

JADE TWEETS -
@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp they are just excited at the possibility of fan favorite Lucas Horton getting more air time & I don't blame them.

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp if someone's pissed at me because I'm not twitter savvy or don't have all the right things to say, then que sera, sera

@jade_harlow: @ZHeatherChamp but I feel that everyone has been extraordinarily sweet and supportive just at the mention of this rumor #honored #humbled

Now these tweets I can appreciate! :) Looks like she panicked because she initially thought she had done something wrong, and now realizes this isn't the case.
I really think that's what happened. She just had unfortunate timing, lol. And with it being the holidays, it was probably even harder for her to figure out whether or not she was in trouble.

Jason47
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 1 2013, 07:42 PM

Yay! I didn't want Jade upset or mad or thinking she might have started the rumor herself. Hopefully she's all cool now and we can officially welcome her to the Days family soon!! :)

rebelstarter

Hopefully Jade's character will make Sami jealous and she will return to her scheming ways to break them up. Sami is at her best when she's trying to break up a couple and going up against a heroine like Carrie. Sami should become preoccupied with Lucas' love life and it should ruin her marriage to EJ. Then Sami will find herself without a man for a while, and the joke will be on her, hopefully leading to a Lumi reunion after a few months.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

The thread has moved on, but I just wanted to say that I'm definitely a supercouple fan. I just believe it's difficult to separate that from being a character fan, because couples need substantive characters to make them interesting and sustainable over the long haul. Why should I care if Steve and Kayla or Bo and Hope get back together if I never see anything about what Kayla or Hope wants, needs, or thinks while their other halves are out of town? If all that is important is that the couples are together, for me I might as well play paper dolls instead of watching the show. I became a fan of those pairings when the people were written as flawed, relatable human beings, and I would still love to see them fleshed out again.

Anyway.
Edited by granolagirl, Dec 1 2013, 08:09 PM.

rebelstarter

The best formula for success is when you have a couple with tons of chemistry (like Carrie and Austin) and an evil vixen (like Sami) trying to break them up. DAYS did this with Bo and Hope (+ bad Billie), Jack and Jennifer (+ bad Peter), John and Marlena (+ bad Stefano and bad Kristen), etc. I am intrigued by the romance of the characters together, not apart. That's where the drama of the story comes into play.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 08:10 PM
The best formula for success is when you have a couple with tons of chemistry (like Carrie and Austin) and an evil vixen (like Sami) trying to break them up. DAYS did this with Bo and Hope (+ bad Billie), Jack and Jennifer (+ bad Peter), John and Marlena (+ bad Stefano and bad Kristen), etc. I am intrigued by the romance of the characters together, not apart. That's where the drama of the story comes into play.
Except Peter wasn't even on canvas when Matthew Ashford portrayed Jack, and for some of that period there was also a different Jennifer... so I've never considered him a legitimate interloper because it wasn't the real Jack and Jennifer on-screen. I would welcome a Peter return now though with Matt Ashford's Jack and Melissa Reeves' Jennifer, though it is highly unlikely given the off-screen history there, lol.

Peter is a character that I loved, but his time on-screen would've been all the more sweeter with MA/MR as J&J.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply