Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jade Harlow joining "Days" cast in January.
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:42 AM (26,417 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I wonder how long before we get a confirmation on the Jade Harlow thing though from other media outlets. I'm thinking SOD will try to confirm it this week.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

I'm glad Jade seems to know what's going on now. I'm excited for Lucas' story(ies), and seeing what her character can bring to the table.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:09 PM
six
Dec 1 2013, 11:47 AM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 10:51 AM
six
Dec 1 2013, 09:09 AM
And this is why I hate the supercouple formula.
Well then you must be LOVING current Days.
Yep. I'd love to see several of the characters from the super couples get more screen time, but it's because i like then as individuals, not because I want them living happily ever after on screen, never branching out into other romances.
Keep in mind your happiness comes at my expense. I'm so frustrated with this show. It's a shell of its former self. It destroyed all that was good about it. Love and romance is the most important thing in the world. In these depressing times, we need to see supercouples who reaffirm to us that love conquers all.
The key to that sentence being the "conquer" bit, meaning they have to fight and endure to get together or stay together.

You seem to only want the together, which is pretty boring.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 1 2013, 07:04 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:01 PM
Will&Sonny
Dec 1 2013, 06:59 PM
Characters are more important than pairings, period.
IN YOUR OPINION. It is my opinion that supercouples are the only reason to watch. Days has lost so many long-time viewers over the years because it doesn't respect the fans of supercouples.
You can only speak for yourself. You have no way to truly know the motivations behind people's decisions to watch or not watch.
Indeed. The supercouples are not why I gave this show up. I gave it up because writing and stories are juvenile and still pretending it's 1995. The show has not evolved with the times, in its defense neither has the entire US soap genre and that's why it's dying.

rebelstarter

This show was MUCH better in 1995. If NBC aired repeats of Days episodes from 1995, they would get better ratings than they have now because the show was much better-written and produced back then.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Dec 1 2013, 07:29 PM
Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 07:10 PM
Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 07:06 PM
Let's play nice now, gang!! This is a thread about the Jade Harlow casting, please try to stay on topic. I never like seeing "fights" breaking out in topics I start!!
Lol, I was just thinking that this has to be the most hopping and uncivilized Jason47 thread ever.

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image
and it's a Lucas related thread ya'll...buzz is buzz....lol

Anyway....I don't think anyone in this thread can type that Sami has been shown to love any of her men absolutely since maybe 2010....so IMHO let's all see it this way....

SAMI claims she loves Rafe but boinks EJ in a night of grief sex when they thought Johnny was dead
SAMI claims she loves Lucas but kisses on Ej and runs away with him leaving Lucas out in the cold during the Daysaster
SAMI claims she is going to give Ej a shot but the minute Rafe shows up at the Dimera safe house door she forgets EJ exists
SAMI tells Hope that she and Rafe are just like Bope but the minute that Rafe pisses her off by siding with his sister she runs to Ej and fucks him.

Sorry but to me SAMI is the one not worthy of Lucas' love...let him find a woman that loves and cherishes him....let's her be crazy, I don't care...if Sami happens to come around, okay...whatever, my main goal is getting Lucas laid ya'll who's with me....
In no way do I want Lucas' possible love story become about Sami. We have no indication that it will since she's busy elsewhere. I'm looking forward to something fresh and interesting. And most of all, I'm looking forward to Lucas having his shot with a woman that's all about him, and one whom I can actually believe may love him without rolling my eyes out of my head in disbelief with every regurgitated protestation of enduring love.

And yeah, my boy needs to get laid... lol

KAM

Way back up thread there was some discussion about this new character being related to Jordan because of some resemblance of the actresses. I wonder if someone could post both their photos along side one of Mark Collier. Might be interesting to see.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

KAM
Dec 1 2013, 10:32 PM
Way back up thread there was some discussion about this new character being related to Jordan because of some resemblance of the actresses. I wonder if someone could post both their photos along side one of Mark Collier. Might be interesting to see.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

What has Charlotte Ross done to her face??

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 10:37 PM
KAM
Wow. I really think these three could be family. Mark and Jade especially look alike.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Will&Sonny
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 04:43 PM
Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 03:51 PM
six
Dec 1 2013, 11:47 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And with that, you just became my favorite poster here.

It sucks when couples are so sequestered that it impacts the rest of the show. Look at the state of limbo that Hope, Kayla, Abe, Marlena, and even Winston are in. They have virtually no storyline because they don't have the other half of the super couple that writers relied so heavily on back in the day. We don't know who these characters are without their partners and that sucks. It even happened to stupid Rafe. He's been in that hospital bed since the couple who shall not be named because I don't want to start anything went back to each other for good. If you rely too much on a coupling, the characters suffer.
It doesn't suck. Hope shouldn't have a storyline without Bo. The show should have moved heaven and earth to keep Peter Reckell and given him and Kristian a frontburner storyline. Fortunately, Marlena is getting her man back because there is no reason to her being on the show without him and playing second fiddle to Sami and Eric. The supercouple formula was a recipe for success, and Days is stupid to spit in its face. Bring back the supercouples and the viewers will come!!!! Believe me, I would jump at the chance to watch Days again if Carrie, Austin, Jack, Bo and Patch returned.
Peter Reckell chose to leave, and Kristian Alfonso chose to stay. Kristian should not be punished -- either by being sent off-screen or by being pushed to the side with no storyline whatsoever for the foreseeable future -- just because Peter no longer wishes to be a part of the show.
SO MUCH THIS!!!!

I can't say it enough! Peter, regardless of which of the reasons he's given you want to believe, CHOSE of his own free will to leave the show instead of renegotiating his contract. No one forced him to leave, no one pushed him out.

IMO, Kristian's already been punished this last year, with Hope being reduced to little more than a pop-up character and barely being seen more than once a week (on average).

When Hope was "killed" in the vat of acid, Bo wasn't storyless, and he sure as hell wasn't placed on the sidelines to await Hope's return from the dead (assuming Kristian would ever return). Why is it that now that Hope's the one left & Bo's the one off wherever, Hope should be in the background until Bo returns. What if Bo/Peter never returns?

To some degree, this whole argument/discussion is mute given that Kristian's re-signed her contract (which most likely included an increase in guarantee, as evidenced by her 10+ episode presence in the last 2 months) and she has a story which should start airing some time this month (if not at the start of the new year).

Personally, I want Hope to have at least one non-Bo relationship/love story before Bo returns to Salem. (I have this feeling that when all is said & done and the show is coming to an end, Bo & Hope will be reunited & live happily ever after.)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LuvingLumi
Spencer Hastings
Jason47
Let's play nice now, gang!! This is a thread about the Jade Harlow casting, please try to stay on topic. I never like seeing "fights" breaking out in topics I start!!
Lol, I was just thinking that this has to be the most hopping and uncivilized Jason47 thread ever.

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image

Anyway....I don't think anyone in this thread can type that Sami has been shown to love any of her men absolutely since maybe 2010....so IMHO let's all see it this way....

SAMI claims she loves Rafe but boinks EJ in a night of grief sex when they thought Johnny was dead
SAMI claims she loves Lucas but kisses on Ej and runs away with him leaving Lucas out in the cold during the Daysaster
SAMI claims she is going to give Ej a shot but the minute Rafe shows up at the Dimera safe house door she forgets EJ exists
SAMI tells Hope that she and Rafe are just like Bope but the minute that Rafe pisses her off by siding with his sister she runs to Ej and fucks him.

Sorry but to me SAMI is the one not worthy of Lucas' love...let him find a woman that loves and cherishes him....let's her be crazy, I don't care...if Sami happens to come around, okay...whatever, my main goal is getting Lucas laid ya'll who's with me....
IMO, writers need to stop trying to compare any recent pairings to Bope. Safe & Fetch will NEVER be anything close to what Bope was & is.
(yes, there was some dumbass attempt to compare Fetch & Bope - i can't remember exactly when it was, but I know it was a Hope/Jen scene in the Horton Living Room)

Getting more on the topic of your post, I agree that Sami doesn't deserve Lucas any more. I was rewatching bits of 2006 & got to the Christmas scenes & thought how cute Sami & Lucas looked, but so much has happened between then & now & I just can't see them together any more. Friends & supportive parental units to Will & Allie, yes. Lovers, no.

I'll get on your "Get Lucas Laid" train if you get on my "Get Hope Laid" train. lol. ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Supergirlx2
Dec 2 2013, 02:50 AM
LuvingLumi
Spencer Hastings
Jason47

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image

IMO, writers need to stop trying to compare any recent pairings to Bope. Safe & Fetch will NEVER be anything close to what Bope was & is.
(yes, there was some dumbass attempt to compare Fetch & Bope - i can't remember exactly when it was, but I know it was a Hope/Jen scene in the Horton Living Room)

Getting more on the topic of your post, I agree that Sami doesn't deserve Lucas any more. I was rewatching bits of 2006 & got to the Christmas scenes & thought how cute Sami & Lucas looked, but so much has happened between then & now & I just can't see them together any more. Friends & supportive parental units to Will & Allie, yes. Lovers, no.

I'll get on your "Get Lucas Laid" train if you get on my "Get Hope Laid" train. lol. ;)
Oh I've been on the Hope needs to get laid train for a while now. lol

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I read this whole thread (I'm a supercouple fan too by the way) and all I got out of it is that there's a new character and once again, the show wants to keep it secret. With them filming the way they do, do they seriously think that it will keep secret for THAT long? Really? Since the filming isn't going to change, maybe their PR department needs to change the way THEY do things then...put it out.....plan B ......something.......geez....... :hmmph:

KAM

Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 10:37 PM
KAM
Thank you, Jason.

I can see a family relationship with Jordan and Liam -- the 'eyes' have it.
Jade Harlow's character could fit in there, too.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Wow, Chrishell and Mark really do look alike, although that probably doesn't mean a thing.

rebelstarter

Supergirlx2
Dec 2 2013, 02:42 AM
Will&Sonny
rebelstarter
Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 03:51 PM

It doesn't suck. Hope shouldn't have a storyline without Bo. The show should have moved heaven and earth to keep Peter Reckell and given him and Kristian a frontburner storyline. Fortunately, Marlena is getting her man back because there is no reason to her being on the show without him and playing second fiddle to Sami and Eric. The supercouple formula was a recipe for success, and Days is stupid to spit in its face. Bring back the supercouples and the viewers will come!!!! Believe me, I would jump at the chance to watch Days again if Carrie, Austin, Jack, Bo and Patch returned.
Peter Reckell chose to leave, and Kristian Alfonso chose to stay. Kristian should not be punished -- either by being sent off-screen or by being pushed to the side with no storyline whatsoever for the foreseeable future -- just because Peter no longer wishes to be a part of the show.
SO MUCH THIS!!!!

I can't say it enough! Peter, regardless of which of the reasons he's given you want to believe, CHOSE of his own free will to leave the show instead of renegotiating his contract. No one forced him to leave, no one pushed him out.

IMO, Kristian's already been punished this last year, with Hope being reduced to little more than a pop-up character and barely being seen more than once a week (on average).

When Hope was "killed" in the vat of acid, Bo wasn't storyless, and he sure as hell wasn't placed on the sidelines to await Hope's return from the dead (assuming Kristian would ever return). Why is it that now that Hope's the one left & Bo's the one off wherever, Hope should be in the background until Bo returns. What if Bo/Peter never returns?

To some degree, this whole argument/discussion is mute given that Kristian's re-signed her contract (which most likely included an increase in guarantee, as evidenced by her 10+ episode presence in the last 2 months) and she has a story which should start airing some time this month (if not at the start of the new year).

Personally, I want Hope to have at least one non-Bo relationship/love story before Bo returns to Salem. (I have this feeling that when all is said & done and the show is coming to an end, Bo & Hope will be reunited & live happily ever after.)
But it's DAYS' fault for botching how they handled Peter's departure. Bo should have been presumed dead so Hope could move on with a new love interest. Then, when Bo eventually returns, presto! Instant love triangle. Instead they have forced Kristian/Hope into a weird kind of limbo because they refused to give Bo a legitimate exit.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 2 2013, 09:27 AM
Supergirlx2
Will&Sonny
rebelstarter

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

But it's DAYS' fault for botching how they handled Peter's departure. Bo should have been presumed dead so Hope could move on with a new love interest. Then, when Bo eventually returns, presto! Instant love triangle. Instead they have forced Kristian/Hope into a weird kind of limbo because they refused to give Bo a legitimate exit.
This I will agree with (& it's the last post I'm gonna make on this topic because it's off the topic of the thread). However, based on everything we've heard since Peter's exit suggest that his exit was written the way it was because LCD expected Peter to reconsider & return to the show. We know Peter had multiple meetings with KC, each ending with no deal struck. Had Bo been presumed dead from the get-go & Peter had returned 6 months later, we would've gotten a really rushed love story in order to have a love triangle upon Bo's "resurrection". And that would've meant that Hope would be written OOC. Also, there was no one to pair Hope with at that point.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Supergirlx2
Dec 2 2013, 09:44 AM
rebelstarter
Dec 2 2013, 09:27 AM
Supergirlx2
Will&Sonny

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

This I will agree with (& it's the last post I'm gonna make on this topic because it's off the topic of the thread). However, based on everything we've heard since Peter's exit suggest that his exit was written the way it was because LCD expected Peter to reconsider & return to the show. We know Peter had multiple meetings with KC, each ending with no deal struck. Had Bo been presumed dead from the get-go & Peter had returned 6 months later, we would've gotten a really rushed love story in order to have a love triangle upon Bo's "resurrection". And that would've meant that Hope would be written OOC. Also, there was no one to pair Hope with at that point.
I think the show tried to see if Peter would agree to return maybe 6 months later and then talks broke down permanently and PR decided he truly didn't want to come back under this regime. I firmly believe that if TomSell are fired tomorrow, PR would reconsider, but that doesn't leave Days making a wise decision from the start. I wish Corday would have never said that he would never kill Bo....it's a stupid thing to say because now we are stuck in this limbo. The thing to have done immediately after Bo left was to have told the audience he was on a secret mission with Steve and Shane....then have Shane return now and have him say that Bo and Steve have perished, but the bodies were never recovered...make it a point to say that they suspect Stefano and then have Ej or someone else mention that he hasn't been in Salem for weeks...supposedly went to Boston with Chad, etc....this way it gives their death a mysterious feel to it...and it helps Kayla dn Hope mourn their loss and potentially move on.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

It would be interesting to have both Hortons, Hope and Lucas, involved romantically with members of this possible new family (assuming Liam is slated for Hope eventually and Jade's character is a love interest for Lucas).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply