Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jade Harlow joining "Days" cast in January.
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:42 AM (27,273 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 12:40 PM
Days is so bad at writing couples once they're together that a break up is pretty much best case scenario these days.
This is one of the main reasons I've loved the slow burn of Ericole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rebelstarter

I think I will watch Jade's first episode. I loved her as Jessica Bennett, so I'm interested to see how she does on Days. She left Passions in July 2003 and I haven't seen her in anything else. Did she quit Passions or was she fired? I really, intensely disliked Danica Stewart in that role. I hated that Jessica got a front burner story (awful as it was) after Jade had left the show.

Ejole_Lover

JillianJ
Nov 28 2013, 07:26 PM
She is also like a foot taller than him :lol:
That really doesn't matter. :shrug:

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

rebelstarter
Dec 2 2013, 02:30 PM
I think I will watch Jade's first episode. I loved her as Jessica Bennett, so I'm interested to see how she does on Days. She left Passions in July 2003 and I haven't seen her in anything else. Did she quit Passions or was she fired? I really, intensely disliked Danica Stewart in that role. I hated that Jessica got a front burner story (awful as it was) after Jade had left the show.
I think she left. I don't remember her being fired. She was the best Jessica, but yeah, she just wasn't given much to do. Everything was about Kay until that nasty prostitution storyline, and that story was so bad (I couldn't watch it) that I'm really glad it wasn't her. I remember thinking that at the time.

rebelstarter

Yep, I am glad Jade didn't play that awful story. Jessica's story where she was peddling mark for Avon was really quite trying on the patience as well, and I'm glad Jade didn't play that either. Jade's Jessica had great "background chemistry" with Reese, so much so that they eventually became a full-fledged couple on the show (albeit a minor one).

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

rebelstarter
Dec 2 2013, 03:32 PM
Yep, I am glad Jade didn't play that awful story. Jessica's story where she was peddling mark for Avon was really quite trying on the patience as well, and I'm glad Jade didn't play that either. Jade's Jessica had great "background chemistry" with Reese, so much so that they eventually became a full-fledged couple on the show (albeit a minor one).
I'm really hopeful about Jade and Bryan's chemistry. I think people liked her Jessica because she was the most personable of the three actresses as well as perhaps the most skilled. Anyhow, she just really had a nice vibe to her that I think is all Jade and will translate over to Days in the new role.

I've noticed that being personable and having a certain charisma is also a trait that is winning Chrishelle fans in her storyline with Rafe in spite of Jordan still being kind of an enigma at this point. Chrishelle had that quality on AMC, so I'm hopeful that this is one reason why Jade was selected, too. And what a bonus if their characters are related and in story together.

Off topic, but I really liked Jessica and Reese too. They were a breath of fresh air and made some of the crap going on on the show at the time bearable.

elci525
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 2 2013, 02:50 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 1 2013, 07:29 PM
Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 07:10 PM
Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 07:06 PM
Let's play nice now, gang!! This is a thread about the Jade Harlow casting, please try to stay on topic. I never like seeing "fights" breaking out in topics I start!!
Lol, I was just thinking that this has to be the most hopping and uncivilized Jason47 thread ever.

And with that, I'm out.

Posted Image
and it's a Lucas related thread ya'll...buzz is buzz....lol

Anyway....I don't think anyone in this thread can type that Sami has been shown to love any of her men absolutely since maybe 2010....so IMHO let's all see it this way....

SAMI claims she loves Rafe but boinks EJ in a night of grief sex when they thought Johnny was dead
SAMI claims she loves Lucas but kisses on Ej and runs away with him leaving Lucas out in the cold during the Daysaster
SAMI claims she is going to give Ej a shot but the minute Rafe shows up at the Dimera safe house door she forgets EJ exists
SAMI tells Hope that she and Rafe are just like Bope but the minute that Rafe pisses her off by siding with his sister she runs to Ej and fucks him.

Sorry but to me SAMI is the one not worthy of Lucas' love...let him find a woman that loves and cherishes him....let's her be crazy, I don't care...if Sami happens to come around, okay...whatever, my main goal is getting Lucas laid ya'll who's with me....
IMO, writers need to stop trying to compare any recent pairings to Bope. Safe & Fetch will NEVER be anything close to what Bope was & is.
(yes, there was some dumbass attempt to compare Fetch & Bope - i can't remember exactly when it was, but I know it was a Hope/Jen scene in the Horton Living Room)

Getting more on the topic of your post, I agree that Sami doesn't deserve Lucas any more. I was rewatching bits of 2006 & got to the Christmas scenes & thought how cute Sami & Lucas looked, but so much has happened between then & now & I just can't see them together any more. Friends & supportive parental units to Will & Allie, yes. Lovers, no.
Sigh....yes they did look so cute together. Throw tomatoes at me y'all if you want, but I will never ever ever ever ever ever think too much has happened to make Lumi, at soooooome point probably the day before this soap goes off the air, happen. I never think "too much" can happen between members of a couple, tbh. If written the correct way, if the history is productively and sufficiently addressed, if marked and meaningful character growth or evolution to lead one back to a familiar pairing (so it seems like a new step forward rather than a retreat to a default-state) is drawn, then I am down for it. This is part of the whole sappy "one true love" thing that I DO love and can support about super-couples.

I just caught up on this thread...whoah! So I'll put in my two cents by saying, again, I love super-couples in that very over-the-top true-love-conquers-all-adversity-and-bad-writing-way ;) Hence my ultimately-undying Lumi fandom/masochistic hope. BUUUTTTT I am much more interested in meaningful character development outside the couple. Lucas without Sami or Carrie or whomever else (really without Sami) has been given NOTHING to do (pun intended) and I CANNOT support that. While I wouldn't mind a new romantic relationship of Lucas' at some point muuuuch later down the road involving Lumi in some way - not now. Please. No more Sami. I want Lucas' other ties and relationships on the show further touched upon, as well as new relationships developed. It shouldn't be that a member of a super-couple, without that super-couple, becomes a vestigial organ. How is THAT good, creative writing? How does that move characters forward? So I will NEVER say that I can no longer see Lucas and Sami together, because that goes against everything good and pure I believe in! But Lucas needs to be doing his own thing! He needs to have a storyline that is independent onto itself, that can be self-sustaining, and that for extra icing points involves established characters in fun, substantive ways. This is the problem with couples - the "couple" starts to take on greater meaning that the interesting characters that first made the coupling unique, and that shouldn't be the case. A "couple" label shouldn't become prohibitive, stifling or punitive in this way.

Jade, welcome! I cannot wait to see what this new character holds in store for my fave guy :) I too am very anxious to see what chemistry is there, and how the story starts out. I am crossing my fingers for good results all-around. It's time!
Edited by elci525, Dec 2 2013, 04:28 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Well said! Couples should never be more important than individual characters and/or their continuing evolution. I never want a character twisted into a pretzel, striped of their redeeming qualities to fit into a pairing just because the characters have chemistry or sparks or whatever. Once character integrity is lost, and I can't even recognize him or her due to the character assassination, there's no way I can invest in a couple featuring said unrecognizable character(s).

And that's why for right now (at least), I'm thrilled that Lucas may have a chance at love again. It is long overdue. Like you, I want to see his POV as regards falling in love and having a possibly committed relationship after having been with Waffling Wanda and Clueless Chloe (sorry Chloe, love ya' but still...). Will he struggle with giving his heart to someone in fear of being hurt, or will he embrace the opportunity and go off in full pursuit of Jade's character. I want to see, hear and feel what LUCAS is experiencing after all these years of getting nothing.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

i just hoped love interest does not mean to the writers she will date lucas while pine to someoneelse
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rebelstarter

I have this feeling Jade is a Jordan recast, thus the secrecy. I believe it was at the Day of Days event where Bryan said he was working more with Galen and Lauren.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

rebelstarter
Dec 4 2013, 12:14 PM
I have this feeling Jade is a Jordan recast, thus the secrecy. I believe it was at the Day of Days event where Bryan said he was working more with Galen and Lauren.
I think we've seen Chrishell since though...she's still around and taping.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 4 2013, 12:14 PM
Jordon is Chrishell Stause. I don't think its recasted.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

I wonder if an announcement is imminent. The silence is deafening. Or maybe I'm just impatient. :frustration:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

In case anyone was wondering in the "Comings and Goings" section of the latest SOD there is this:

Jade Harlow (character name TBA) Passions Alum (ex Jessica) who plays The Bays Lianna will appear in January as a new woman who will cross paths with Lucas

Oh and Jade has apparently gone back to unprotected tweets.....

Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 13 2013, 04:07 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm confused as to how they are going to fit everything in come 2014.

Lucas and Jade - new love story.
Rafe and Jordan - kicking it up a notch
Hope - exciting new story.
New man Liam and his mystery involvement.
John returning.
Brady's descent into darkness.
Will and Sonny wedding.

When all we have dropped is Kristen, and potentially Nick and Gabi.

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Dec 13 2013, 05:11 PM

John returning.
Will and Sonny wedding.

maybe Sami's taking a vacation?

Vicky4Mimi

blueskies
Dec 13 2013, 05:13 PM
concerned

John returning.
Will and Sonny wedding.

I don't see how Hope can get a new exciting story when according to SOD all that Bo tells her in his stunning phone call is that he isn't coming home for Christmas....

And I hope we can soon add EJ with Abby on your list!

Vicky4Mimi

LuvingLumi
Dec 13 2013, 04:05 PM
In case anyone was wondering in the "Comings and Goings" section of the latest SOD there is this:

Jade Harlow (character name TBA) Passions Alum (ex Jessica) who plays The Bays Lianna will appear in January as a new woman who will cross paths with Lucas

Oh and Jade has apparently gone back to unprotected tweets.....

So..Jade did the "I'll lie to the fans till they give me the go ahead to talk" thing. It would have been just as easy to just not say ANYTHING to begin with!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

concerned

John returning.
Will and Sonny wedding.

BD is on recurring, so while we may be seeing more of him, Lucas' interactions with Jade won't be an "A" story.
Rafe & Jordan will probably not be an "A" storyline either, though their airtime will probably be increased around her secret reveal. "Kicking it up a notch" could simply imply that they're going to start dating.
Hope's story will probably be a "B" story, unless her guarantee has been skyrocketed up, but it sounds like it will be somewhat steadily told (based on frequency of Kristian's "in Salem" tweets).
Liam may fit in with an already existing story (or two).
John doesn't return until February & fits into Hope & Brady's stories.
Brady & his drug use will probably not be the show's main focus either.
Will & Sonny's wedding is a short arc that will probably span no more than a few episodes, maybe a week.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 13 2013, 06:04 PM
blueskies
Dec 13 2013, 05:13 PM
concerned

John returning.
Will and Sonny wedding.

I don't see how Hope can get a new exciting story when according to SOD all that Bo tells her in his stunning phone call is that he isn't coming home for Christmas....

And I hope we can soon add EJ with Abby on your list!
Hope's story starts in January. The call is covering bases & setting things up. It reminds people why Bo won't be around during Christmas, it gets Ciara all depressed & will probably result in her acting out again, and it makes Hope wonder what the fuck is wrong with her husband. (I phrased it like that on purpose. He's been doing who knows what for almost a year & she's kinda getting annoyed & tired of it.) At this point, I could almost see Hope feeling the need to issue Bo an ultimatum - come home & prove that you can put your family first, or we'll have no choice but to move on without you. The ultimatum wouldn't make Hope love Bo any less, but it could be an interesting set-up if Hope were to find out that Bo was killed trying to get out of his undercover work and come home.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply