Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jade Harlow joining "Days" cast in January.
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:42 AM (27,964 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

six
Nov 27 2013, 09:17 AM
I don't remember Kyrie Maezumi at all. I'd be happy with Brook Kerr, Daphnee Duplaix, Liza Huber or Emily Harper. Truthfully, part of me wants McKenzie Westmore to come to Days just so her character could make cryptic comments about having a past life with Rafe.
She was only on about six months or so in 2006 in the Noah and Fancy storyline. I watched that storyline and didn't remember her at first either. lol I'm starting to think, like the other posters, that whoever is cast, she will be Autumn. And that might increase the chances that she'll be Asian, and hence Kyrie. On just a superficial level, BD looked great with Sophie the Asian waitress.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Reese
Nov 27 2013, 09:15 AM
LuvingLumi
Nov 27 2013, 09:09 AM
Okay...I did a little digging on Kyrie....and from what I gather...she's also a musician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw77lHoRrDw

here's her website: http://www.kyriemaezumi.com/home.html

So you're thinking a story involving Autumn could be used to tie in with JJ? We never knew what Autumn did, did we? And Lucas is the creative director at Mad World. Might even tie into why they're thinking of bringing back Eve. At least, partly.
Yeah, I'm starting to lean toward them making something happen with all this musical talent they have on set....IDK, but it does strike me that we saw JJ playing guitar, now we know if this woman is cast as ANYONE, that she can also play/sing...I'm leaning more and more toward Autumn being cast....and maybe the reason for her breaking up with Lucas was that she learned she was pregnant after he left to Salem, and the reason she wanted him back was because she wanted to tell him, but after she realized that he kept putting off his return and the reason why...she decided to end it with him and keep her secret that she was pregnant from him. Let's see Lucas came back to Salem in March of 2012....let's say she was 3 months pregnant and she found out sometime in April when she broke it off with him....6 months later she would give birth that would put it at October of 2012 for the birth.....and the kid is now about 18 months old....plays into it if you ask me....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Renee Dimera
Nov 27 2013, 09:22 AM
This is a random question, but has BD been placed back on contract? Strange that he'd be getting a leading lady if he's still recurring.
As of November 9, he wasn't put back on contract, but BD seems to not mind not being put back on contract as long as he's used, which appears to be happening, since the contract is only a benefit to the show and not really the actor/actress. My personal belief is they will see if BD and this woman take off, if the story is well received and then place him on contract simply to benefit THEM.....it would suck for them if BD in the middle of this story got a contract opportunity on another show, so they'd do it then....if anything. Contract status can change from one day to the next...and when he returned in 2002, he wasn't put on contract until about early 2003

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I had watched Passions so I know all of them.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

I'm hoping it's Daphnee Duplaix or Emily Harper.

am103
Member Avatar

I just don't get the whole "Ugh, another Passions actor" thing. Passions has been gone for five years; I think Days is well past the point of trying to make Days more Passions-like. Just because that show was cooky (and FUN) doesn't mean that it didn't have serious talent. I can't wait to see who they hired for Lucas.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

am103
Nov 27 2013, 11:01 AM
I just don't get the whole "Ugh, another Passions actor" thing. Passions has been gone for five years; I think Days is well past the point of trying to make Days more Passions-like. Just because that show was cooky (and FUN) doesn't mean that it didn't have serious talent. I can't wait to see who they hired for Lucas.
I agree....and what I didn't like about the Passions influx is that it happened very quickly after Passions had ended, and it happened with 3 actors coming on at about the same time...it felt wrong on so many levels. But the show did have some good actors and it would be foolish of Days not to explore that if they are available....I can't wait to see who it is and to see BD and her interact.....I'm seriously amazed that Days has been able to keep the name under wraps for this long...if she starts airing in January, she started taping around September....

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Nov 27 2013, 09:42 AM
Reese
LuvingLumi
Okay...I did a little digging on Kyrie....and from what I gather...she's also a musician.

So you're thinking a story involving Autumn could be used to tie in with JJ? We never knew what Autumn did, did we? And Lucas is the creative director at Mad World. Might even tie into why they're thinking of bringing back Eve. At least, partly.
Yeah, I'm starting to lean toward them making something happen with all this musical talent they have on set....IDK, but it does strike me that we saw JJ playing guitar, now we know if this woman is cast as ANYONE, that she can also play/sing...I'm leaning more and more toward Autumn being cast....and maybe the reason for her breaking up with Lucas was that she learned she was pregnant after he left to Salem, and the reason she wanted him back was because she wanted to tell him, but after she realized that he kept putting off his return and the reason why...she decided to end it with him and keep her secret that she was pregnant from him. Let's see Lucas came back to Salem in March of 2012....let's say she was 3 months pregnant and she found out sometime in April when she broke it off with him....6 months later she would give birth that would put it at October of 2012 for the birth.....and the kid is now about 18 months old....plays into it if you ask me....
I love this spec. It's so messy and soapy. I'd love to see Kate's reaction.

JaneDigby

Great news that the show is bringing someone on for Lucas. The character had so many ties to other characters on the show it is silly to waste it. I was not a regular Passions viewer so I don't have a strong opinion on who it might be. It really depends on the character. Mac Westmore brings the tragic heroine, Emily Harper does spunky, Liza Huber can do bitchy and snarky, etc.

am103
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Nov 27 2013, 11:17 AM
Liza Huber can do bitchy and snarky, etc.
I would LOVE to see Liza Huber and Lauren Koslow go head to head. If it is her, which I'm praying it is, I hope she's not playing a goody two-shoes!

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

six
Nov 27 2013, 09:17 AM
I don't remember Kyrie Maezumi at all. I'd be happy with Brook Kerr, Daphnee Duplaix, Liza Huber or Emily Harper. Truthfully, part of me wants McKenzie Westmore to come to Days just so her character could make cryptic comments about having a past life with Rafe.
Agree with this 100% even on the McKenzie part lol.

My Top 5

1. Daphnee
2. Brook
3. McKenzie
4. Liza
5. Emily

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Posted Image

Brandi Burkhardt

• Currently on Hart of Dixie
  • Has not followed anything/anyone DAYS related on Twitter recently

Posted Image

Erin Cardillo

Posted Image

Cathy Jeneen Doe

• Last acting credits on IMDb are in 2011

Posted Image

Jade Harlow

• Still active in soaps, plays Lianna on The Bay

Posted Image

Emily Harper

• Last major role was in 2008 when she was on Passions
  • Has a film coming out next year

Posted Image

Liza Huber

• Daughter of Susan Lucci
  • Last acting credits on IMDb are in 2008
  • Main project appears to be Sage Spoonfuls, a homemade baby food making system that she created

Posted Image

Brook Kerr

Posted Image

Kyrie Maezumi

• N/A

DeeDee Barone
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 27 2013, 09:42 AM
Reese
LuvingLumi

Not sure about the baby, but the "Autumn in a band with JJ" bit fits in well with what we know is in the works for JJ.

While it's true Autumn does not necessarily need to be Asian, if she is it would bring some more diversity to the cast. I like the looks of this actress for Lucas - I hope it's her! :smile:

james0479
Member Avatar

I hated Gwen on Passion but liked her too if that makes sense so Liza Huber is alright but I can't picture her with Lucas.....same with Westmore who I LOVE and would KILL to see on Days. But just can't picture her with Lucas. My guess is Danica. She was fairly decent on Passions if my memory serves. Not saying that's who I want it to be but that's my guess. I'll shoot myself in the foot if it's Emily Harper.....I loathed her character on Passions lol.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow snarky DR family!!! Xoxoxo from James. ;)

james0479
Member Avatar

Well slap my face and call me a bitch, I should've read the post above my previous one cuz guys y'all are onto something!! That's probably exactly who it is. Why don't I remember her on Passions? Hmmm. Anyway, yup. Ya struck gold!

james0479
Member Avatar

Also, I'm thinking we can't really factor in people following others on twitter anymore. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Days would ask their actors/actresses to wait until airdate or annoucements to follow (IF they could do that), due to such a far ahead tape schedule. They seem to want to keep things under wraps as long as possible and I don't blame them.

The Kyrie lady seems very very likely.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I not really favor McKenzie Emily or Lisa. With both Eric and Galen on the show I totally shuis or lancy fans fight the New character pair with rafe without given chance with someone else

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

james0479
Nov 27 2013, 12:04 PM
Also, I'm thinking we can't really factor in people following others on twitter anymore. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Days would ask their actors/actresses to wait until airdate or annoucements to follow (IF they could do that), due to such a far ahead tape schedule. They seem to want to keep things under wraps as long as possible and I don't blame them.

The Kyrie lady seems very very likely.
Yeah, it really has become very secretive of late with Days....Daphnee does follow GV on twitter but aside from that...it really looks like they will follow once the news breaks....

T-Love74
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 27 2013, 07:22 AM
T-Love74
Nov 27 2013, 03:01 AM
My Top 3:
1. Liza Huber
2. Deanna Wright
3. McKenzie Westmore

I hope to God they didn't pick Molly Stanton.
She was just awful, IMO.
Honestly though, was anyone on that show decent besides Lindsey Hartley?
I always thought Liza Huber was a decent actress. She gave a great performance when Gwen went
cuckoo and kidnapped Theresa's baby.

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

My money's on Liza because she's been in LA in the past few weeks on a "secret project."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply