Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 27th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 01:41 AM (11,747 Views)
kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Pookie
Nov 27 2013, 02:02 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 27 2013, 01:59 PM
It's nice to see how happy Will is for Gabi to give up on her dreams and possibly the only chance she has to pursue them.

Way to go, dude.
Right, that exactly what was going through his mind. When right before he and Sonny were planning on packing up their life and going to NY to accommodate Gabi and be with Arianna. THOSE SELFISH BASTARDS! :rolleyes:
Didn't Sami offer her an exclusive modeling contract for Countess W?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

kay
Nov 27 2013, 08:37 PM
Honeybees
Nov 27 2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Will and Sonny and Ari should be running back and forth between the Horton's and the Kiriakas's. Victor is all alone - when at least he should be with Justin, Adrienne...and what about Sonny's three brothers? Sonny and Will don't look dressed up at all.
Did Will and Sonny even mention anything about it being Thanksgiving? They had that Thanksgiving Party at the Club but Sonny never mentioned anything about it. I know he talked to T on the phone and mentioned to Will that T was covering his shift but nothing was ever said about the holiday. When Sami came home her kids were in bed already so no mention of Thanksgiving either. I just wondered if maybe the "party" at the Club could have been a couple days before, and this day is not actually Thanksgiving Day.
except that Allie invited Parker & Dan to go with them to Thanksgiving Dinner.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 27 2013, 05:53 PM
TreasureCove
Nov 27 2013, 04:09 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 27 2013, 02:21 PM
six
Nov 27 2013, 01:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Because Eric is not one of those people. And because being a rape victim herself you would she would think she would have at least a little bit of empathy for him.
You'd think that Eric would want to get his side of the story out there. He doesn't have proof, but he can at least truthfully say that he's innocent, and say that there's been an ongoing investigation. The video has gone viral and everyone who has seen it believes that their priest is a pervert. It's being seen by more people every day, with no word of defense from Eric, people will just assume he's in hiding because he's guilty.
The townsfolk who were at the church to witness the video were also witness to Eric proclaiming more than once that he was raped. And he already gave a statement to the police. Plus the Bishop instructed him not to talk to the media as Eric pointed out today.
That won't help him one bit when he's tried by the media, with Nicole he would've at least had one outlet on his side.

KAM

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 07:57 PM
TreasureCove
LanaluvsBroe
six
Nov 27 2013, 01:45 PM

Because Eric is not one of those people. And because being a rape victim herself you would she would think she would have at least a little bit of empathy for him.
You'd think that Eric would want to get his side of the story out there. He doesn't have proof, but he can at least truthfully say that he's innocent, and say that there's been an ongoing investigation. The video has gone viral and everyone who has seen it believes that their priest is a pervert. It's being seen by more people every day, with no word of defense from Eric, people will just assume he's in hiding because he's guilty.
By the way, how did it go viral anyway?
Contrary to the likelihood IRL that the priest sex video would have gone viral, the writers made it clear on Tuesday that the video is not out there for the public to see and circulate. Gossip about the video is all over Salem, but not the video itself -- not yet. This was the exchange between Miles and Nicole when he coaxed her to do the Eric interview:

Miles: Only because you're looking at it the wrong way, Nicole. Come on, you're going back to work, and you're handed this huge story on a platter. Right? And everybody's talking about this priest with the huge secret, and, come on, frankly this video could still go public.

Nicole: Not if there's a god.

Miles: Nicole. Can you spell "going viral"?
Edited by KAM, Nov 27 2013, 09:54 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 27 2013, 09:36 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 27 2013, 05:53 PM
TreasureCove
LanaluvsBroe

The townsfolk who were at the church to witness the video were also witness to Eric proclaiming more than once that he was raped. And he already gave a statement to the police. Plus the Bishop instructed him not to talk to the media as Eric pointed out today.
That won't help him one bit when he's tried by the media, with Nicole he would've at least had one outlet on his side.
That's true but at the end of the day he's going to respect the church's wishes first and foremost. He blames himself for the church's reputation taking a hit. It may be unrealistic but I think he just wants the story to die down. Going to the media will just keep it in the headlines. He doesn't want to stir the pot and as the victim that's his right.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 27 2013, 09:51 PM.

Dee-anne

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 08:16 PM
camera shy
Nov 27 2013, 08:10 PM
Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 07:53 PM
AFaithL
Nov 27 2013, 04:02 PM

My only problem with her agreeing to do a story on Eric is the fact that she is part if the story.
But if Nicole's part of the story where to come out.....Eric accusing her of rape....wouldn't that back up Eric's claim of being raped?
Sure it would, but it shouldn't be Nicole doing the reporting. I'm no journalist but I think it's pretty standard that a journalist reporting a story should be objective, and you can't be objective if you are part if the story. What editor would ever send a reporter out to report a story that they played a part in? :shrug: but I know this is a soap and everything is contrived and unrealistic.
I am sure her editor does not know that she is part of the story. All he knows is that Nicole was working for Eric and that they are friends. Nicole's only part in his story was when she rescued him. The only people she has told that Eric accused her of raping him are Daniel and Victor. Brady knows through Eric. I doubt she will be reporting that he accused her. She obviously wants to do the interview in order to help him, so I am sure she can be objective, as long as he keeps out the fact that he wrongly accused her. I don't even see a problem in him mentioning it if he wanted to, as long as he kept her name out of it.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

KAM
Nov 27 2013, 09:49 PM
Rosebud
TreasureCove
LanaluvsBroe

Contrary to the likelihood IRL that the priest sex video would have gone viral, the writers made it clear on Tuesday that the video is not out there for the public to see and circulate. Gossip about the video is all over Salem, but not the video itself -- not yet. This was the exchange between Miles and Nicole when he coaxed her to do the Eric interview:

Miles: Only because you're looking at it the wrong way, Nicole. Come on, you're going back to work, and you're handed this huge story on a platter. Right? And everybody's talking about this priest with the huge secret, and, come on, frankly this video could still go public.

Thanks! I was pretty sure I never saw anything about it going viral, but I miss things. Didn't Brady crush the DVD with his bare hand (which seems impossible to do without tearing skin)? And doesn't Victor have the flash drive? So the only other copy is the one the editor might still have? The full copy?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 27 2013, 10:11 PM
Rosebud
camera shy
Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 07:53 PM

But if Nicole's part of the story where to come out.....Eric accusing her of rape....wouldn't that back up Eric's claim of being raped?
Sure it would, but it shouldn't be Nicole doing the reporting. I'm no journalist but I think it's pretty standard that a journalist reporting a story should be objective, and you can't be objective if you are part if the story. What editor would ever send a reporter out to report a story that they played a part in? :shrug: but I know this is a soap and everything is contrived and unrealistic.
I am sure her editor does not know that she is part of the story. All he knows is that Nicole was working for Eric and that they are friends. Nicole's only part in his story was when she rescued him. The only people she has told that Eric accused her of raping him are Daniel and Victor. Brady knows through Eric. I doubt she will be reporting that he accused her. She obviously wants to do the interview in order to help him, so I am sure she can be objective, as long as he keeps out the fact that he wrongly accused her. I don't even see a problem in him mentioning it if he wanted to, as long as he kept her name out of it.
The mere fact that she found him at the hotel should be enough to take her off the story. The fact that she worked for him, and that at the time they were friends. And Nicole, if she were any kind of professional journalist would tell her editor that she shouldn't do the story, because it's pretty unethical journalistically speaking, plus she knows she was involved, even if her editor doesn't. But again, I realize this is a soapy plot point....
Edited by Rosebud, Nov 27 2013, 10:20 PM.

KAM

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 10:13 PM
KAM
Rosebud
TreasureCove

Thanks! I was pretty sure I never saw anything about it going viral, but I miss things. Didn't Brady crush the DVD with his bare hand (which seems impossible to do without tearing skin)? And doesn't Victor have the flash drive? So the only other copy is the one the editor might still have? The full copy?
I think Brady crushed his Kristen Tribute video that Victor pocketed as he left the church. The Bishop seems to have the priest sex video in custody after Father Matt gave it to him. The flash drive was opened and copied to DVD by Victor's IT guy, who I suppose could have downloaded it elsewhere, although he didn't look to be that foolish as he was leaving. So Victor should still have the flash drive. Marlena should have demanded that Victor turn it over to her for destruction when she came in to read him the riot act. She maybe missed another opportunity there to limit her damage to Eric. Or maybe now that Victor knows via Nicole that Eric really was another of Kristen's victims, he will work with Nicole and Daniel to clear Eric's name and insist that his IT guy analyze the flash drive further for edits. And/or help track down Kristen's video editor. More to come on the video, I'm sure.
Edited by KAM, Nov 27 2013, 10:47 PM.

Dee-anne

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 10:16 PM
Dee-anne
Rosebud
camera shy

The mere fact that she found him at the hotel should be enough to take her off the story. The fact that she worked for him, and that at the time they were friends. And Nicole, if she were any kind of professional journalist would tell her editor that she shouldn't do the story, because it's pretty unethical journalistically speaking, plus she knows she was involved, even if her editor doesn't. But again, I realize this is a soapy plot point....
I don't see why she cant, they are suppose to just report the facts, but I don't know anything about the rules of professional journalism. Her boss who has been in the business a lot longer than Nicole and should know the rules is the one asking Nicole to interview Eric.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 27 2013, 10:35 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

KAM
Nov 27 2013, 10:29 PM
Rosebud
KAM
Rosebud

I think it was the Kristen Tribute video that Brady crushed. The Bishop seems to have the priest sex video in custody after Father Matt gave it to him. The flash drive was opened and copied to DVD by Victor's IT guy, who I suppose could have downloaded it elsewhere, although he didn't look to be that foolish as he was leaving. So Victor should still have the flash drive. Marlena should have demanded that Victor turn it over to her for destruction when she came in to read him the riot act. She maybe missed another opportunity there to limit her damage to Eric. Or maybe now that Victor knows via Nicole that Eric really was another of Kristen's victims, he will work with Nicole and Daniel to clear Eric's name and insist that his IT guy analyze the flash drive further for edits. And/or help track down Kristen's video editor. More to come on the video, I'm sure.
Thanks! It is kind of bizarre to me that the priest gave the video to the bishop. It wasn't really his to take. And it never made sense to me that Victor took Brady's tribute video instead of the one he made.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 27 2013, 10:30 PM
Rosebud
Dee-anne
Rosebud

I don't see why she cant, they are suppose to just report the facts, but I don't know anything about the rules of professional journalism. Her boss who has been in the business a lot longer than Nicole and should know the rules is the one asking Nicole to interview Eric.
My reasoning is that her story wouldn't have credibility to the public or other journalists. Her story would become a story in and of itself. She would be called out on her involvement, thus her credibility would be called into question, and the credibility of her reporting.
Edited by Rosebud, Nov 27 2013, 10:52 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Nov 27 2013, 10:30 PM
Rosebud
Dee-anne
Rosebud

And she should have refused it BECAUSE of her involvement. But then there would be no soapy story to tell, I guess.

KAM

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 10:44 PM
KAM
Nov 27 2013, 10:29 PM
Rosebud
KAM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepfrankly this video could still go public.

I think it was the Kristen Tribute video that Brady crushed. The Bishop seems to have the priest sex video in custody after Father Matt gave it to him. The flash drive was opened and copied to DVD by Victor's IT guy, who I suppose could have downloaded it elsewhere, although he didn't look to be that foolish as he was leaving. So Victor should still have the flash drive. Marlena should have demanded that Victor turn it over to her for destruction when she came in to read him the riot act. She maybe missed another opportunity there to limit her damage to Eric. Or maybe now that Victor knows via Nicole that Eric really was another of Kristen's victims, he will work with Nicole and Daniel to clear Eric's name and insist that his IT guy analyze the flash drive further for edits. And/or help track down Kristen's video editor. More to come on the video, I'm sure.
Thanks! It is kind of bizarre to me that the priest gave the video to the bishop. It wasn't really his to take. And it never made sense to me that Victor took Brady's tribute video instead of the one he made.

The bishop was in town on church business and getting lots of calls from parishioners about the priest sex video played in the church sanctuary. So, I imagine the bishop told Father Matt to secure the DVD ASAP and get it to him, so he could see what the hell everyone was talking about.

As for Victor pocketing Brady's Tribute DVD...that was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding fiasco. It made me LOL at the time. After all the havoc wreaked by Victor -- the sex video played in the sanctuary, twice even -- he could have cared less who got hold of that DVD. To Victor, the truly vile video was Brady's tribute that showed his grandson had been turned into a moron by the psychobitch Kristen. No way Gramps was going to let that video get out anywhere. Got to protect the Kiriakis good name from further ridicule after all. Quintessential Victor. So funny to me...still.

Nate
Member Avatar

So I'm guessing it's not Thanksgiving in DOOL time?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Nate
Nov 27 2013, 11:36 PM
it was on Monday. lol.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 27 2013, 05:22 PM
Matt
Nov 27 2013, 01:20 PM
I love that DAYS decided to invest in & bring out the water tank for this storyline
LOL that looked nothing like a river or pond or whatever. It looked like a fancy in-ground pool.
Hey now, we got the water tank filled with water and two partially-built cars this month, so some extra budget was spent for November sweeps!! :)

Nate
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 27 2013, 11:45 PM
Nate
Nov 27 2013, 11:36 PM
it was on Monday. lol.
LOL gosh my memory is so bad it's not even funny...

Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 27 2013, 11:46 PM
Hey now, we got the water tank filled with water and two partially-built cars this month, so some extra budget was spent for November sweeps!! :)
And I kept quiet about the water tank since August, so I'm glad those scenes have finally aired!!

Posted Image

jwsel
Member Avatar

Pookie
Nov 27 2013, 01:35 PM
Matt
Nov 27 2013, 01:02 PM
I never knew University Park was so close to Salem River since it's supposed to be right across the street from University Hospital.
Has anyone ever drawn out a map of Salem? Surely there's some super geek out there who has done that.
The book "A Tour Through Salem" from 1999 has a map of the town, but it's pretty out of date and has some inaccuracies. It doesn't list "University Park." "Salem Park" is by the river, but not that big.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply