Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 27th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 01:41 AM (11,801 Views)
OliveAnn

Mitchapalooza
Nov 28 2013, 02:12 PM
Matt
Nov 27 2013, 01:20 PM
Will is now a Creative Writing major...
That is one of the most useless majors you could possible obtain
Now watch Will suddenly become the next #1 YA author. Meanwhile, Abby will still be in college in 2054.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 28 2013, 10:39 AM

Eric agreed to be hypmotized. He doesn't want to do the interview. Big difference. And Nicole approached him under the guise of friendship, when she really just wanted the scoop. Her motives weren't right. She absolutely deserved to be yelled at by Eric.
I didn't see Nicole holding out an olive branch of friendship. I saw a woman pose a proposition. It was/is his right to turn it down if he wants. There's no argument about that.

I'm responding to the supposition made that she shouldn't have even considered doing the interview considering that "she's a part of the story." I countered with the fact that Marlena is Eric's mother, therefore, wasn't an objective doctor when he needed hypnosis. Same thing with Roman and Hope: they're relatives who shouldn't be investigating at all if we're going off what should and should not happen in this town.

pagraves
Member Avatar

Do they even have undergrad degrees in creative writing? I majored in English, which was useless enough, but very little of what you learn in a writing class prepares you to be a successful writer. And few writers can make a living from their work, at least for the first several years. Take it from me, Will--you need skills to get a day job. Pick a better major.

six
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 27 2013, 09:36 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 27 2013, 05:53 PM
TreasureCove
Nov 27 2013, 04:09 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 27 2013, 02:21 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You'd think that Eric would want to get his side of the story out there. He doesn't have proof, but he can at least truthfully say that he's innocent, and say that there's been an ongoing investigation. The video has gone viral and everyone who has seen it believes that their priest is a pervert. It's being seen by more people every day, with no word of defense from Eric, people will just assume he's in hiding because he's guilty.
The townsfolk who were at the church to witness the video were also witness to Eric proclaiming more than once that he was raped. And he already gave a statement to the police. Plus the Bishop instructed him not to talk to the media as Eric pointed out today.
That won't help him one bit when he's tried by the media, with Nicole he would've at least had one outlet on his side.
It's not going to help him at all. Nicole should know that you can have proof you were raped and that still won't stop people from blaming you for it.

KAM

pagraves
Nov 28 2013, 09:07 PM
Do they even have undergrad degrees in creative writing? I majored in English, which was useless enough, but very little of what you learn in a writing class prepares you to be a successful writer. And few writers can make a living from their work, at least for the first several years. Take it from me, Will--you need skills to get a day job. Pick a better major.
Yes, it's a big thing on campus to study creative writing, so DOOL is tapping a trend. The first university program began at the University of Iowa, with the Writers Workshop that supports many working writers with grants. Now undergraduate degree concentrations are proliferating around the country, and several schools also offer MFA programs in Creative Writing as well. I have friends who have been involved in such study, one with the Iowa workshop and another with an NYU degree and attendance at that school's Paris workshop. Both these women are good writers with creative minds and one is published, but they both make their livings other ways. My guess is that the rather trendy programs probably produce a huge ratio of educational debt to actual writing careers.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Since Elope shared scenes in this episode, I thought this post would fit here.

Seems EJ's always had a thing for Hope. lol.

EJ (to Patrick, Nov/Dec 2006): You really have the hots for Fancy Face Brady, don't you? Not that I blame you. I mean, she's a tasty piece.

I'm wondering if the "running off with Bo's wife" fantasy he teased Patrick with after he said this was actually his own Elope fantasy. lol. ;)

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Hope doesn't need Bo's permission to move on. - KA

Supergirlx2
Nov 29 2013, 03:45 PM
Since Elope shared scenes in this episode, I thought this post would fit here.

Seems EJ's always had a thing for Hope. lol.

EJ (to Patrick, Nov/Dec 2006): You really have the hots for Fancy Face Brady, don't you? Not that I blame you. I mean, she's a tasty piece.

I'm wondering if the "running off with Bo's wife" fantasy he teased Patrick with after he said this was actually his own Elope fantasy. lol. ;)
LOOOOOOOOVED it when EJ said that!! :cloud9: What man WOULDN'T have a "thing" for the gorgeous Hope? :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply