Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 9th; *updated 12/2*
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 10:55 AM (24,885 Views)
nananana7
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Dec 2 2013, 11:30 PM
Even the experienced search dogs know it's hopeless

Posted Image

I love this gif

Edited by nananana7, Dec 3 2013, 12:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

JillianJ
Dec 2 2013, 09:35 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 2 2013, 09:31 AM
gailwinters
Dec 2 2013, 09:21 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Dec 2 2013, 09:12 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If someone kidnapped my daughter's baby, even if they went to jail for it, I'm pretty sure I would never want that person to ever be close to my son. Seriously. Its ridiculous that Marlena even acknowledges Nicole's existence.

And, yes, I know that EJ kidnapped Sydney too, but there's a big difference - she is his daughter, and he and Sami were engaged in their tit for tat war.
What's more ridiculous is that she acknowledges EJ's presence...who also kidnapped her grand daughter and made her daughter believe she was dead.....I'm not even going to touch on the other crap he's done.....if anything she shouldn't go crazy about Nicole being around Eric at this time....given Nicole worked for the guy for about a year....

Marlena might not like Nicole for valid reasons, but she seems to get over her hate for Ej (she attended the engagement party after all) but still holds a grudge with Nicole? How is that?
Maybe the fact that he got her daughter out of jail has something to do with it.

:teehee: Well, going by that logic, Marlena should not have much issue with Nicole since she was the one to help her son the night he was drugged & raped.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 2 2013, 09:44 PM
tomsawyer
Dec 2 2013, 09:37 PM
magicsteacher
Dec 2 2013, 09:27 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 2 2013, 05:57 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think you are totally right when you said that it's clear that the show doesn't know what to do with this pairing. I think that has been the trouble all along.. they put them together and now what??? So far they have been boring and repetitive.
I would've agreed a month ago. I think for the first 9 months of their relationship, they had the standard couple schlock that pretty much all Salem couples have had for the last few years. That is, they super-duper-wuv-each-other and the girl is the damsel that needs saving by the guy. They had more fights than your typical couple, but I don't think they were written in a particularly unique way.

But they've taken a great turn in the last month IMO. Their current incarnation of we-may-love-each-other-but-don't-trust-each-other is pretty fun to watch. And it's very true to both characters and their history. It's like they finally figured out to take advantage of their unique characteristics as a couple.
Agreed. There was no fight, make up after this latest round of conflict, instead we are a few weeks in and it has yet to be resolved with both EJ and Sami unwilling to budge and having a battle of wills. I loved seeing Sami use some of EJ's moves on him today :wub2: its very true to who they are individually and just adds a lovely dynamic to them as a couple. Bring on the fight, they are brutally honest with each other, never afraid to hurt feelings and I think that is necessary to get to the bottom of the real issue and help them move forward.
Yes, that's exactly how I see this couple, tit for tat, and so on, I can not see that EJami would be like the other pairs, they are just too passionate and complicated more like he's doing something she gets mad and vice verse lots of sex and blah blah, what I mean is that I think the writers actually know exactly what they are doing with this couple and try to keep the characters true to their personality.;) and I like the last spoiler, lol

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Eric endures a painful procedure to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, Daniel realizes they need to find the expert who provided Kristen with the drug she used on Eric.

Ok, this spoiler confuses me. Any trace of the drugs Kristen used has long since left his body so what procedure could Daniel possibly do to prove anything at this point? I'm thinking maybe bone marrow? Since that is a very painful procedure.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Dec 2 2013, 05:18 PM
But Marlena is Saint Marlena :eyeroll: Why doesn't she go find Kristen and drug her with the same crap she gave to Stefano that kept him totally paralized unable to move, cry out, or something... but completely aware.

I like Nicole, she is what she is, she doesn't try to make herself seem anymore than what she is her past she owns up to.
You do realize the only people who think or say Marlena's a saint are the ones who don't like her, right? I LOVED that Marlena gave Stefano that drug. She would've easily gotten off in soap-court based on protecting herself from harm. Plus, Marlena's always had a dark angle where her family's concerned. She shot Stefano once to protect her children and her in-laws.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

As for Nicole/Marlena, I still say that Marlena feels Nicole can be better, so she wants her to own up and be better for herself. She has plenty of reasons to loathe her for the rest of her life, but she doesn't hate her. It's just a dislike of the pain that often follows where Nicole goes. Which it does, it isn't always her fault.

AFaithL

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 3 2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Eric endures a painful procedure to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, Daniel realizes they need to find the expert who provided Kristen with the drug she used on Eric.

Ok, this spoiler confuses me.
Well it explains why Marlena is upset about Nicole being there when her son, who is in pain, is delirious (or whatever he is).

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LanaluvsBroe
Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Ok, this spoiler confuses me. Any trace of the drugs Kristen used has long since left his body so what procedure could Daniel possibly do to prove anything at this point? I'm thinking maybe bone marrow? Since that is a very painful procedure.
the procedure isn't necessarily a medical one.

JaneDigby

JillianJ
Dec 2 2013, 10:10 PM
^^How does that make more sense? They should end their relationship instead of dealing with their issues just cause? and why shouldn't Sami tell EJ she loves him when she very much does and we have seen during this separation her missing and reaching for him. EJ is sensing Sami distancing from him, he doesn't know the real reason and a bit of misunderstanding may be involved before and during the fight, but misunderstandings are meant to be resolved and once they are, they can move forward.
I think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.

I can't say I share this logic. I have couples I dislike now (looking at you, Dannifer!) and ones I've thoroughly loathed (Sonny & Carly on GH, Reva & anybody on GL, RKKBo & Carly, to name but a few) but I didn't read the spoilers trying to find reasons they might break up. Of course, I also didn't think the entirety of GH, GL or Days '92 would be all peachy if my couple of maximum would be just break up.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 3 2013, 11:05 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Hmm I didn't think about it that way. Perhaps because I saw Daniel's name lol. Maybe he undergoes hypnosis again? :shrug:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JillianJ
^^How does that make more sense? They should end their relationship instead of dealing with their issues just cause? and why shouldn't Sami tell EJ she loves him when she very much does and we have seen during this separation her missing and reaching for him. EJ is sensing Sami distancing from him, he doesn't know the real reason and a bit of misunderstanding may be involved before and during the fight, but misunderstandings are meant to be resolved and once they are, they can move forward.
How are they dealing with their trust issues? By keeping more secrets from one another? At the very least the scenario that Supergirl came up with would have given Ejami's relationship a deeper meaning....as it is now, it feels from watching the scenes yesterday that she's treating Ej as an annoyance.....'We keep secrets from each other, that's what we do EJ'...as she turns around and walks out the door...IMHO that is just stupid....just because they are both lying sacks of shit doesn't mean they have to be that way to one another...that is what love is all about....trying to trust the person you are with, even if you know they are completely untrustworthy...not continuing to lie and keep more secrets because they do the same thing to you. That's just childish...

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Dec 3 2013, 11:11 AM
Supergirlx2
Dec 3 2013, 11:05 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Hmm I didn't think about it that way. Perhaps because I saw Daniel's name lol. Maybe he undergoes hypnosis again? :shrug:
Eric & his procedure and Daniel's realization are in separate sentences. it's possible that Dan makes this realization on his own & then finds Eric to talk to him about it after Eric's procedure.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 3 2013, 11:06 AM
JillianJ
I think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.
If that's how you interpreted what I said, then you completely missed my point. Also, I never said they should break up, only that Sami should temporarily move out.

SKBaldwin

Friday December 13:
JJs blackmailed into running an errand for Theresa but the errand hits a major snag.

Here's how I see it: JJ goes to get Theresa a pregnancy test (as per the blackmail), but then Abigail sees him, confronts him and forces him to fess up. After he fesses up, she figures out that he slept with Theresa and assumes that he got her pregnant. He denies it because he wants to keep it a secret, but naturally that fizzles out because Abigail tells Jennifer. So yeah.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JaneDigby
JillianJ

I can't say I share this logic. I have couples I dislike now (looking at you, Dannifer!) and ones I've thoroughly loathed (Sonny & Carly on GH, Reva & anybody on GL, RKKBo & Carly, to name but a few) but I didn't read the spoilers trying to find reasons they might break up. Of course, I also didn't think the entirety of GH, GL or Days '92 would be all peachy if my couple of maximum would be just break up.
On bolded, I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't like Ejami but I don't see a reason for them to break up over this.....If anything I think there was a more valid reason for them to break up over the Stefano thing than this.....I just think the writing isn't really doing the couple any favors....how are you suppose to 'deal' with your trust issues if you don't trust your partner enough to tell them the 'entire' truth when you decide to spill the beans, and now Sami has decided to hold her secret just because Ej didn't tell her his..

It appears Ej's loyalty is firmly behind his family, even if he has falling outs with Stefano and hasn't really had 'that big' a bond with Kristen, when made to choose Dimeras over Sami, he does it without really even blinking. Then what I find worse is that he now KNOWS everything, didn't tell Sami everything, but is still trying to paint Eric in an unfavorable light.

IMHO, if they would break up, maybe they can find a way to DEAL with the problems that plague them, they aren't going to do that by having Sami always brush everything he's doing lately under the rug....and I know this time she has put a hold on the relationship but it's just stupid....it's like she has one foot out and one foot in....either make a decision and stick to it then maybe that cooling off can serve as a wake up call for either.....the way it is now...she doesn't move out, but she doesn't want him sleeping in her bed and they still haven't dealt with their problems...it's called spinning your wheels and I do agree with the poster that said up thread that it seems the show doesn't know what to do with them.

JillianJ

LuvingLumi
JillianJ
How are they dealing with their trust issues? By keeping more secrets from one another? At the very least the scenario that Supergirl came up with would have given Ejami's relationship a deeper meaning....as it is now, it feels from watching the scenes yesterday that she's treating Ej as an annoyance.....'We keep secrets from each other, that's what we do EJ'...as she turns around and walks out the door...IMHO that is just stupid....just because they are both lying sacks of shit doesn't mean they have to be that way to one another...that is what love is all about....trying to trust the person you are with, even if you know they are completely untrustworthy...not continuing to lie and keep more secrets because they do the same thing to you. That's just childish...
I believe a reference used yesterday applies here as well, why are you jumping ahead of the story? We are currently in the stage where they are at an impasse, neither willing to give an inch until it boils over and they explode; from there and moving forward they try to fix what is wrong with their relationship........therefore their current behaviour is perfectly in line with where we are at in the sl.

JaneDigby

lysie
Dec 2 2013, 11:19 PM
TreasureCove
Dec 2 2013, 11:08 PM
It's true, he knows Eric was raped, yet he's cracking jokes about prayer circles and getting right into Eric's face to smirk and taunt him about not wearing his "uniform"
I dare you to post without bringing up rape.
Posted Image

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JillianJ
Dec 3 2013, 11:29 AM
LuvingLumi
JillianJ
I believe a reference used yesterday applies here as well, why are you jumping ahead of the story? We are currently in the stage where they are at an impasse, neither willing to give an inch until it boils over and they explode; from there and moving forward they try to fix what is wrong with their relationship........therefore their current behaviour is perfectly in line with where we are at in the sl.
I'm talking about the hear and now...I'm not jumping ahead of anything. I'm saying she doesn't know what to do...she's in a place that she can decide to move out of the Mansion (and she could have moved out instead of telling him to keep his distance), sending a CLEAR message to EJ ....but instead, she stays and decides to keep a secret of her own just because he kept a secret. How are her CURRENT actions dealing with their trust issues....they aren't.

JillianJ

LuvingLumi
Dec 3 2013, 11:22 AM
JaneDigby
JillianJ

On bolded, I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't like Ejami but I don't see a reason for them to break up over this.....If anything I think there was a more valid reason for them to break up over the Stefano thing than this.....I just think the writing isn't really doing the couple any favors....how are you suppose to 'deal' with your trust issues if you don't trust your partner enough to tell them the 'entire' truth when you decide to spill the beans, and now Sami has decided to hold her secret just because Ej didn't tell her his..

It appears Ej's loyalty is firmly behind his family, even if he has falling outs with Stefano and hasn't really had 'that big' a bond with Kristen, when made to choose Dimeras over Sami, he does it without really even blinking. Then what I find worse is that he now KNOWS everything, didn't tell Sami everything, but is still trying to paint Eric in an unfavorable light.

IMHO, if they would break up, maybe they can find a way to DEAL with the problems that plague them, they aren't going to do that by having Sami always brush everything he's doing lately under the rug....and I know this time she has put a hold on the relationship but it's just stupid....it's like she has one foot out and one foot in....either make a decision and stick to it then maybe that cooling off can serve as a wake up call for either.....the way it is now...she doesn't move out, but she doesn't want him sleeping in her bed and they still haven't dealt with their problems...it's called spinning your wheels and I do agree with the poster that said up thread that it seems the show doesn't know what to do with them.
Totally agree with you Jane and we see it a lot.

The writers are keeping EJ and Sami very true to their characters and as such are building the EJAMI relationship around it.......the fall out from the wedding, the tension, the push and pull, neither willing to budge has been great and its only a matter of time before one caves, again in line with who they both are. First it was EJAMI always fight and have sex and then when we obviously do not see that happening its they don't know what to do with them.......or rather if I may add, it doesn't matter what they do because even when the pattern was not the first mentioned an attempt was being made to make it as such. :lol:

We havn't even reached the point in the sl where everything comes to a head, so why is it expected that it should already be dealt with?

JaneDigby

LuvingLumi
Dec 3 2013, 11:22 AM
JaneDigby
JillianJ

You are right, I worded that initial sentence wrong. It should be:

For some people who don't like Ejami, everything is reason to break up.

Or, more to the point, Everything is a reason to break up for some people who don't like Ejami.

I respect your opinion and the way you set it out even though I don't agree with it. Although I do agree that Days does love a lather-rinse-repeat. I wish Sami and EJ had had this fight three weeks ago but I find that true of every couple on this show almost ever. The writing will have them prioritizing a mani-pedi over a major discussion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply