Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 9th; *updated 12/2*
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 10:55 AM (24,773 Views)
JaneDigby

Supergirlx2
Dec 3 2013, 11:05 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Dec 3 2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:

Thursday December 12:

Eric endures a painful procedure to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, Daniel realizes they need to find the expert who provided Kristen with the drug she used on Eric.

Ok, this spoiler confuses me. Any trace of the drugs Kristen used has long since left his body so what procedure could Daniel possibly do to prove anything at this point? I'm thinking maybe bone marrow? Since that is a very painful procedure.
the procedure isn't necessarily a medical one.
I hate the word "procedure" in this context. It sounds like surgery.

I'm voting for hypnosis with Marlena. That would be painful for her - seeing Eric suffer, and for him - having to remember his French Maid Kristen episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JillianJ

Quote:

I'm talking about the hear and now...I'm not jumping ahead of anything. I'm saying she doesn't know what to do...she's in a place that she can decide to move out of the Mansion (and she could have moved out instead of telling him to keep his distance), sending a CLEAR message to EJ ....but instead, she stays and decides to keep a secret of her own just because he kept a secret. How are her CURRENT actions dealing with their trust issues....they aren't.

Sami is sending a very CLEAR message to EJ and its having QUITE the impact on him, one that more than likely would NOT have happened if they were living apart. He is pretty close to his breaking point and that is what Sami wants, she wants him ready to deal with their issue head on and resolve it......so Sami is most certainly NOT the one who doesn't know what to do or how this should be handled.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 3 2013, 11:22 AM
On bolded, I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't like Ejami but I don't see a reason for them to break up over this.....If anything I think there was a more valid reason for them to break up over the Stefano thing than this.....I just think the writing isn't really doing the couple any favors....how are you suppose to 'deal' with your trust issues if you don't trust your partner enough to tell them the 'entire' truth when you decide to spill the beans, and now Sami has decided to hold her secret just because Ej didn't tell her his..

It appears Ej's loyalty is firmly behind his family, even if he has falling outs with Stefano and hasn't really had 'that big' a bond with Kristen, when made to choose Dimeras over Sami, he does it without really even blinking. Then what I find worse is that he now KNOWS everything, didn't tell Sami everything, but is still trying to paint Eric in an unfavorable light.

IMHO, if they would break up, maybe they can find a way to DEAL with the problems that plague them, they aren't going to do that by having Sami always brush everything he's doing lately under the rug....and I know this time she has put a hold on the relationship but it's just stupid....it's like she has one foot out and one foot in....either make a decision and stick to it then maybe that cooling off can serve as a wake up call for either.....the way it is now...she doesn't move out, but she doesn't want him sleeping in her bed and they still haven't dealt with their problems...it's called spinning your wheels and I do agree with the poster that said up thread that it seems the show doesn't know what to do with them.
I like that they're letting the lack of trust between them play out for awhile. It's a new dynamic for Sami to challenge EJ about his untrustworthy actions for more than five minutes and a welcome change from her constant declarations of "I trust you." Like I said upthread, they have a new, interesting tit-for-tat dynamic to them now so I'm in no hurry to move past that.

JillianJ

Quote:

You are right, I worded that initial sentence wrong. It should be:

For some people who don't like Ejami, everything is reason to break up.

Or, more to the point, Everything is a reason to break up for some people who don't like Ejami.

I respect your opinion and the way you set it out even though I don't agree with it. Although I do agree that Days does love a lather-rinse-repeat. I wish Sami and EJ had had this fight three weeks ago but I find that true of every couple on this show almost ever. The writing will have them prioritizing a mani-pedi over a major discussion.

Agreed. I think what set the fight back was them needing to get the KAMI sl at a certain point and EJ and Sami being on good terms would not have allowed that to happen JMO

lysie
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 3 2013, 11:35 AM
LuvingLumi
JaneDigby
Dec 3 2013, 11:06 AM
JillianJ
Dec 2 2013, 10:10 PM
^^How does that make more sense? They should end their relationship instead of dealing with their issues just cause? and why shouldn't Sami tell EJ she loves him when she very much does and we have seen during this separation her missing and reaching for him. EJ is sensing Sami distancing from him, he doesn't know the real reason and a bit of misunderstanding may be involved before and during the fight, but misunderstandings are meant to be resolved and once they are, they can move forward.
I think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.

I can't say I share this logic. I have couples I dislike now (looking at you, Dannifer!) and ones I've thoroughly loathed (Sonny & Carly on GH, Reva & anybody on GL, RKKBo & Carly, to name but a few) but I didn't read the spoilers trying to find reasons they might break up. Of course, I also didn't think the entirety of GH, GL or Days '92 would be all peachy if my couple of maximum would be just break up.
On bolded, I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't like Ejami but I don't see a reason for them to break up over this.....If anything I think there was a more valid reason for them to break up over the Stefano thing than this.....I just think the writing isn't really doing the couple any favors....how are you suppose to 'deal' with your trust issues if you don't trust your partner enough to tell them the 'entire' truth when you decide to spill the beans, and now Sami has decided to hold her secret just because Ej didn't tell her his..

It appears Ej's loyalty is firmly behind his family, even if he has falling outs with Stefano and hasn't really had 'that big' a bond with Kristen, when made to choose Dimeras over Sami, he does it without really even blinking. Then what I find worse is that he now KNOWS everything, didn't tell Sami everything, but is still trying to paint Eric in an unfavorable light.

IMHO, if they would break up, maybe they can find a way to DEAL with the problems that plague them, they aren't going to do that by having Sami always brush everything he's doing lately under the rug....and I know this time she has put a hold on the relationship but it's just stupid....it's like she has one foot out and one foot in....either make a decision and stick to it then maybe that cooling off can serve as a wake up call for either.....the way it is now...she doesn't move out, but she doesn't want him sleeping in her bed and they still haven't dealt with their problems...it's called spinning your wheels and I do agree with the poster that said up thread that it seems the show doesn't know what to do with them.
Totally agree with you Jane and we see it a lot.

The writers are keeping EJ and Sami very true to their characters and as such are building the EJAMI relationship around it.......the fall out from the wedding, the tension, the push and pull, neither willing to budge has been great and its only a matter of time before one caves, again in line with who they both are. First it was EJAMI always fight and have sex and then when we obviously do not see that happening its they don't know what to do with them.......or rather if I may add, it doesn't matter what they do because even when the pattern was not the first mentioned an attempt was being made to make it as such. :lol:

We havn't even reached the point in the sl where everything comes to a head, so why is it expected that it should already be dealt with?

I don't think they're keeping her true to her character at all, but it has very little to do with EJ. This is the most out of character I've ever found her and it's in her relationships with everyone. Though ultimately, I think Sami's individual character stopped mattering years ago. She has nothing outside of who she's paired with anymore.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 3 2013, 12:18 AM
Ophelia
Dec 2 2013, 11:45 PM
Puppies!
Posted Image
OMG. This is my dog only she's all black. so adorable :wub:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

The argument is the fight look stupid since nothing change for them aside for no sex.it feel like like they sell the fight like Sami unreasonable like she hold sex because Ej said something like she look fat in her dress while ej wait for Sami come to her sense
And about the ej and SamI written true to themselves I sure there lot fans argue it not really true

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

JaneDigby
Dec 3 2013, 11:37 AM
LuvingLumi
JaneDigby
JillianJ
Dec 2 2013, 10:10 PM
^^How does that make more sense? They should end their relationship instead of dealing with their issues just cause? and why shouldn't Sami tell EJ she loves him when she very much does and we have seen during this separation her missing and reaching for him. EJ is sensing Sami distancing from him, he doesn't know the real reason and a bit of misunderstanding may be involved before and during the fight, but misunderstandings are meant to be resolved and once they are, they can move forward.
I think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.

I can't say I share this logic. I have couples I dislike now (looking at you, Dannifer!) and ones I've thoroughly loathed (Sonny & Carly on GH, Reva & anybody on GL, RKKBo & Carly, to name but a few) but I didn't read the spoilers trying to find reasons they might break up. Of course, I also didn't think the entirety of GH, GL or Days '92 would be all peachy if my couple of maximum would be just break up.

Or, more to the point, Everything is a reason to break up for some people who don't like Ejami.

I respect your opinion and the way you set it out even though I don't agree with it. Although I do agree that Days does love a lather-rinse-repeat. I wish Sami and EJ had had this fight three weeks ago but I find that true of every couple on this show almost ever. The writing will have them prioritizing a mani-pedi over a major discussion.
lol..on the mani-pedi....

Yeah, it seems they hold onto the big blow up fights and it would have made absolute sense to have this blow up fight the minute she found out he knew before the wedding and did nothing. That was the time to have Sami call him every name in the book and leave the Mansion, give back the ring even...years ago that would have happened...then this time in between would be one or the other longing to be together, running into each other and the viewers would see them missing one another, etc. As it stands now because Sami hasn't moved out and because nothing has been resolved they continue to coexist in the Dimansion but the scenes IMHO aren't really coming across as longing or loving. The only thing I even saw a hint of that that was her looking over and realizing he wasn't laying next to her.....but how long has it been since the day she found out he knew? It's been a while....I don't like it but I can appreciate good writing if done even if it's for a couple I don't like....Ejami IMHO isn't being written well, and yesterday she really treated him more like an annoyance that anything else.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 3 2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:

I'm talking about the hear and now...I'm not jumping ahead of anything. I'm saying she doesn't know what to do...she's in a place that she can decide to move out of the Mansion (and she could have moved out instead of telling him to keep his distance), sending a CLEAR message to EJ ....but instead, she stays and decides to keep a secret of her own just because he kept a secret. How are her CURRENT actions dealing with their trust issues....they aren't.

Sami is sending a very CLEAR message to EJ and its having QUITE the impact on him, one that more than likely would NOT have happened if they were living apart. He is pretty close to his breaking point and that is what Sami wants, she wants him ready to deal with their issue head on and resolve it......so Sami is most certainly NOT the one who doesn't know what to do or how this should be handled.
If he was getting the message loud and clear he would at the very least not continue to paint her brother in such an unfavorable light. HE could certainly do that but he chooses not to, and he doesn't come clean with Sami either.

So I don't agree..we'll just leave it at that....

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

IMHO it would have been a BETTER story if she kept this secret from him when they were on good terms....that would have been some good angst for Ejami...but instead they put them in this limbo and then decide to have her be all high school and keep her own secret.....

JillianJ

There will always be fans who would argue either side :lol:

As for EJ painting Eric in whichever light, Sami doesn't care beyond the act of lying to her so don't see the relevance of that and per spoilers we know things come to a head next week so her actions pretty much worked. :P

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 3 2013, 12:01 PM
There will always be fans who would argue either side :lol:

As for EJ painting Eric in whichever light, Sami doesn't care beyond the act of lying to her so don't see the relevance of that and per spoilers we know things come to a head next week so her actions pretty much worked. :P
and again...I don't agree...Sami does care about her brother...she's said it enough..she ran to his side to comfort him, just told everyone that would listen how she's feeling about the situation and how she would have stopped it if she knew....I don't think you can really say that she doesn't care about Eric in this and how he feels, what he's going through...and even if what you say is true...I highly doubt that she won't care in the end when she finds out that Ej could have helped clear his name by revealing the truth but instead kept quiet while Eric goes to great lengths to clear his name.

again...we'll agree to disagree.

JillianJ

Quote:

Yeah, it seems they hold onto the big blow up fights and it would have made absolute sense to have this blow up fight the minute she found out he knew before the wedding and did nothing. That was the time to have Sami call him every name in the book and leave the Mansion, give back the ring even...years ago that would have happened...then this time in between would be one or the other longing to be together, running into each other and the viewers would see them missing one another, etc. As it stands now because Sami hasn't moved out and because nothing has been resolved they continue to coexist in the Dimansion but the scenes IMHO aren't really coming across as longing or loving. The only thing I even saw a hint of that that was her looking over and realizing he wasn't laying next to her.....but how long has it been since the day she found out he knew? It's been a while....I don't like it but I can appreciate good writing if done even if it's for a couple I don't like....Ejami IMHO isn't being written well, and yesterday she really treated him more like an annoyance that anything else.

So basically like Jane initially said, EJAMI break up right? We went from Sami putting him out of her bed and them on hold while she found every excuse to stay around him while he tried to find a way for them to at least connect to her being knee deep in murder.......its not like they were twiddling their thumbs.

Quote:

I don't think you can really say that she doesn't care about Eric in this and how he feels, what he's going through

And again, this is NOT what I said, much less implied. I was talking about what is making Sami upset with EJ and his lying to her.
Edited by JillianJ, Dec 3 2013, 12:15 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 3 2013, 11:55 AM
JaneDigby
LuvingLumi
JaneDigby

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.

But again, I simply don't think they're at that stage in the story yet. There isn't a ton of longing and loving at this stage because Sami is pissed at him. She's pissed that he didn't trust her enough to tell her the truth. She's pissed that he doesn't seem to give a shit about Eric. She's pissed that keeping secrets has become a pattern for him again. Up until last month, she's been forgiving him for his untruths rather quickly, but she's finally putting her foot down for more than 5 minutes. However, that doesn't mean that she's ready to call it quits and move out YET. I think they will eventually get there, but at the moment, she seems willing to give him one more chance (assuming that's how the fight the week of 12/9 ends). Now once she learns that EJ knew about the drugging, then all bets are off and I think a break-up is likely to happen. But as it stands now, she's simply pissed and on alert, but not quite ready to throw in the towel.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 3 2013, 12:15 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 3 2013, 11:55 AM
JaneDigby
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI think it goes like this: if you don't like Ejami, everything is a reason for them to break up.

But again, I simply don't think they're at that stage in the story yet. There isn't a ton of longing and loving at this stage because Sami is pissed at him. She's pissed that he didn't trust her enough to tell her the truth. She's pissed that he doesn't seem to give a shit about Eric. She's pissed that keeping secrets has become a pattern for him again. Up until last month, she's been forgiving him for his untruths rather quickly, but she's finally putting her foot down for more than 5 minutes. However, that doesn't mean that she's ready to call it quits and move out YET. I think they will eventually get there, but at the moment, she seems willing to give him one more chance (assuming that's how the fight the week of 12/9 ends). Now once she learns that EJ knew about the drugging, then all bets are off and I think a break-up is likely to happen. But as it stands now, she's simply pissed and on alert, but not quite ready to throw in the towel.
you've seen past writing on this show Tom.....you've seen couples break up and they are longing from the second the break up happens, even if they are pissed off at one another for whatever reason, you still see it...there is no reason this show couldn't have put that into it now..at this stage of her being pissed...that is what I mean...it doesn't have to be in that stage of the story to show that type of writing. I think it would have a more powerful effect if they would have her put her foot down for real....but that is just my personal preference....that aside, there is no reason the show couldn't incorporate some of that writing...instead they have her keep a secret too....because they find that necessary, WHY?

Brewster
Member Avatar

Lots of couples get pissed at each and drag it out and still live under the same roof. Lots of couples do things out of spite and act annoyed by their partner.

It doesn't mean you break up or move out. Ejami have trust issues they are working through it. The fact they haven't had a heart to heart about this particular one doesn't mean they aren't working through it.

Wash, rinse, repeat for Ejami is she gets pissed, moves on and out with someone else and EJ does something awful to manipulate the situation and get back in her good graces only to be found out and she leaves again.

The fact that she stayed, even though the trust issues are still there, is very much a different pattern for them.

I'd prefer this over the show trying to say they have no reason at all to not trust the other. Yes, I'd prefer they not lie to each other, but sometimes it takes a minute or two to break old habits.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Also, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel like it has been all that long of a time EJ and Sami have been fighting. How many Salem days has it been?

How much longing for him is she expected to do in a matter of days when she is still royally pissed at him?

As for her lie, it might just be timing. She's still mad at EJ and stubborn. Considering the subject content of her lie, the fact that she lied is the last of the things I'd question with respect to her moral fortitude.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Brewster
Dec 3 2013, 12:45 PM
Also, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel like it has been all that long of a time EJ and Sami have been fighting. How many Salem days has it been?

How much longing for him is she expected to do in a matter of days when she is still royally pissed at him?

As for her lie, it might just be timing. She's still mad at EJ and stubborn. Considering the subject content of her lie, the fact that she lied is the last of the things I'd question with respect to her moral fortitude.

They've spent two nights apart on the show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JillianJ

gailwinters
Dec 3 2013, 12:55 PM
Brewster

and both times she was shown longing for him in bed.

Brewster
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 3 2013, 12:55 PM
Brewster

Well I'll be flat dogged. That long?

By that math, she woke up longing for him or dreamed of him each night/morning?

EJ is luckier than my husband in that regard :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply