Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses; in order, from the premiere issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:08 PM (29,211 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: SEPTEMBER 1976

• Amanda survives her surgery, but suffers brain damage and has lost her memory. For Amanda's benefit, Neil decides not to tell her about their relationship.
  • Sharon continues to foster a friendship with Julie.
  • Kim works hard to stall her divorce from Doug by threatening to take everything he owns. Meanwhile, Don continues to woo Julie much to Doug's jealousy.
  • Johnny leaves Rebecca stranded at the altar and skips town. Robert offers to marry Rebecca (in name only) and take care of her and the baby. She accepts and the duo are wed.
  • Trish tells Jeri about finding her real father, but accuses Jeri of lying about his identity. Determined to prove the truth, Jeri confronts Stanhope. Although he at first denies ever knowing her & threatens her with legal action, he eventually admits to knowing her (but not that he fathered Trish). Eventually, he returns to Salem and acknowledges Trish as his daughter and left defends Jeri against Jack.
  • Mike continues to be furious with both Bill & Laura and he and Bill have a violent fight.
  • Feeling unable to compete with Neil's feelings for Amanda, Phyllis decides to file for divorce.
  • Trish & Mike attempt to make love, but Mike isn't able to consummate the relationship.
  • Mickey gets a "new, pretty, blonde therapist." (I wonder who THAT could be...)
  • When Julie learns that the Polynesian Island is a hoax, she sees a clear path for her and Doug, but he shows no interest in reuniting. When Don tells Doug the truth about the island, Doug begins to wonder what else Kim has been lying about.

Spoiler: click to toggle

DAYTIME SOAP OPERA REVIEW SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: SEPTEMBER 1976

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES

WEEK OF JUNE 14 - JUNE 18, 1976
Rebecca told Johnny the truth about her expected baby before they were to be married. He wrote a Dear John letter and left her waiting at the altar. She was hysterical.... Amanda regained consciousness, but she has a loss of memory.... Jeri left for Phoenix to confront James Stanhope and force him to tell Trish the truth.
WEEK OF JUNE 21 - JUNE 25, 1976
Mike tried to comfort Trish about the Stanhope business - in bed - but it was a no go.... Mickey had a new shrink: bleached blonde Marlena Evans.... Adele did Bob proud at an AA meeting.
WEEK OF JUNE 28 - JULY 2, 1976
Brooke tries to patch things up between Michael and Trish; he's living with Linda.... Don broke Kim's inheritance story, leaving Doug free to divorce her; Julie's ecstatic.... New twosome: Don and Marlena.... Jilted Rebecca received a proposal of marriage from Robert.... Bill and Mike tried to make amends.
Edited by Matt, Dec 2 2013, 12:11 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Great work, Matt!!

I've always wanted to devote time to doing this, but I've just never gotten around to doing so.

The "Days" synopses are sorely lacking online for pretty much anything pre-1983, so your work will certainly be of great help to all "Days" history fans!!

It will be great to get all of the 1976-1983 summaries up eventually.

I also have the monthly summaries that a member on another board posted from the old "Daily Serial Newsletter" from 1975-1980, so your work will serve as a great complement to those, especially since the SOD stuff is so much more in-depth than those briefer summaries! But at least you've given me a push to finally getting those brief summaries up on the site too.

Here's the page I started on my site today, which links directly to your images: http://www.jason47.com/days/synopsessod.html

:thankyou:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

COVER DATE: OCTOBER 1976

• Mike moves in with Linda and Alice catches him in Linda's apartment partly dressed. She later worries that Linda might take advantage of Mike.
  • Dr. Evans allows Mickey to leave the sanitarium for short trips.
  • Phyllis learns that she's expecting a "change of life" baby, but avoids telling Neil. She continues to be quite jealous of his lingering feelings for Amanda.
  • Dr. Evans goes to dinner with Don and are caught out by Mickey & Linda. Dr. Evans & Don share a staged kiss to prove that she isn't there spying on Mickey.
  • Kim confesses that she and Doug have been divorced all along, but before Doug can tell Julie, she accepts a marriage proposal from Don. Doug retaliates by using Kim to make Julie jealous.
  • After Tom tells Brooke that Adele needs a costly liver operation to save her life, Brooke steals checks from Anderson Manufacturing. Brooke knows her mother is dying and wants to use the money to take her on a cruise.
  • Johnny returns to Salem and (without seeing Rebecca) wants her to have everything she needs for her and the baby.
  • Amanda's memory begins to return but she's confused by her memories of Neil. She fears that people are keeping things from her.
  • Maggie plans to adopt little Janice as a single mother, but hopes that she and Mickey will eventually raise her together.
  • The lingering effects of Bill's gunshot wound (at Mickey's hand) continue to cause him problems and begins to impact his surgical career.

WEEK OF JULY 5 - JULY 9, 1976
Rebecca and Robert were married.... Jeri was grateful to Stanhope for Trish's sake; he's wary of Jack.... Marlena was furious that Don used her to make Julie jealous.... Alice found Linda and Michael in bathrobes; Linda was outraged at the assumption that she would seduce a child.
WEEK OF JULY 12 - JULY 16, 1976
Adele needs an operation. Brooke told David she wouldn't be a beggar for Horton money then stole checks from Bob's office. Don and Julie were engaged. Doug pretended he had a yen for Kim. Linda admitted she's out to win Mickey. Phyllis is out to make Neil forget Amanda.
WEEK OF JULY 19 - JULY 23, 1976
Tommy filled Mickey in on the past. Johnny returned to secretly check up on Rebecca. Amanda remembered Neil, but not Greg. Phyllis is pregnant. Nobody's pleased with Julie's choice, especially David. He and Mike got drunk. Mike passed out in Linda's bed and Trish had a fit.
WEEK OF JULY 26 - JULY 30, 1976
Doug flaunted Kim. Julie pretended she didn't care. Brooke accused Valerie of being too close to David for comfort. Phyllis told Mary she's afraid to tell Neil she's pregnant. Linda got fed up with rumors about her and Mike. Brooke deposited the stolen checks. Susan flicked Amanda's memory. Bill tried to perform surgery but failed. Maggie was thrilled to date Mickey.
Edited by Matt, Dec 2 2013, 12:20 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

COVER DATE: NOVEMBER 1976

• Mike continues to harbor annimosity against both Bill & Laura. Mike can barely stand the sight of her, but when Mickey talks ill of Laura, Mike instinctively jumps to her defense.
  • Rebecca gives birth to a baby boy with Robert at her side who they name "Doug" (at Robert's suggestion). Rebecca still holds the secret that she was the surrogate mother for Doug, who's the baby's natural father. Robert believes Johnny is the baby's father. Despite Robert & Rebecca's marriage, Rebecca confesses that she still loves Johnny.
  • As Amanda's memory of her love for Neil returns, she and Neil learn that Phyllis is pregnant with his baby. Meanwhile, Phyllis considers abortion because she believes that Neil doesn't want the baby. When Neil catches Amanda with JR (his old gambling buddy who's looking for him), he's concerned. Amanda confides to Neil that she's starting to remember him, but he denies they were ever in love. Later, Neil is quite jealous when he catches Phyllis in her ex-husband Bob's arms.
  • Despite her increasingly fragile health, Adele takes a potentially fatal drink causing both Bob and Brooke much worry. Adele wants Bob to take care of Brooke (who he doesn't know is his daughter) if anything happens to her. Adele is forced to have emergency surgery. Brooke later buys the tickets for their cruise (with money stolen from Anderson Manufacturing), but Tom tells her that Adele won't live long enough to take the cruise. Meanwhile, Bob has learned of the thefts and has hired a P.I. to investigate. David and Paul Grant are suspects.
  • In order to alleviate Mike's insecurities about his manhood, Linda takes him to bed! Linda is worried when Mike makes far more out of the encounter than she'd intended.
  • Concerned about Laura's well-being, Marlena convinces Mike to talk to Laura. Mike & Laura call an awkward truce.
  • Feeling that he's lost Julie to Don for good, Doug gives up all hope and proposes marriage to Kim who quickly accepts. Don/Julie and Doug/Kim begin to plan dueling weddings - including locations at churches right around the corner from one another, one hour apart.
  • David & Valerie have fallen in love. He proposes marriage, but she's worried about how her parents will react. Mrs. Grant doesn't want her daughter marrying a white man. Julie isn't quite so in favor of the young couple's planned marriage, either.

WEEK OF AUGUST 2 - AUGUST 6, 1976
Marlena confessed to Julie she'd been interested in Don. Bob grew suspicious of Brooke and Adele's money situation. Maggie's evening with Mickey turned sour when he had flashbacks of sanitarium days. Mickey defended Laura to Mike. Linda sent Mike away. Phyllis and Neil argued and he went gambling again.
WEEK OF AUGUST 9 - AUGUST 13, 1976
Rebecca gave birth to Doug and pledged that father Doug would never learn the truth. Johnny arrived and was warned to stay away from Rebecca. Amanda was ready to tell Neil she remembered their past when Mary interrupted with the news of Phyllis' pregnancy. Jack pestered Trish and Jeri. Tommy and Maggie commiserated about Mickey.
WEEK OF AUGUST 16 - AUGUST 20, 1976
Mickey turned from Maggie to Marlena. Neil told Bob to leave his wife alone. Bob countered with accusations about Amanda. Adele stumbled into Doug's Place drunk. The Grants argued about helping her. David rushed to aid hemorrhaging Adele. Mike confessed his need for Linda.
WEEK OF AUGUST 23 - AUGUST 27, 1976
Linda told Mike she'd slept with him only to assuage his doubts about his manhood: then she dated Johnny. Marlena began sessions with Laura. Mike was urged to reconcile with Laura. Doug asked Kim to be his wife. Brooke prayed for Adele, then lashed out at Bob.
WEEK OF AUGUST 30 - SEPTEMBER 3, 1976
Mary was upset about Don's engagement. Rebecca received a baby gift from Johnny, but assured Robert she'd stay with him. The Kim-Doug and Julie-Don nuptials were set for the same day. Tom ordered Bill never to operate again. Adele recuperated. David asked Valerie to marry him.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 6 - SEPTEMBER 10, 1976
Julie, Paul, and Danny seemed to accept David's intentions to marry Valerie. Helen and Brooke didn't. Laura returned to work and fought with Marlena over Mickey's treatment, then met with him. Adele's condition worsened. Bob hired detectives to discover who stole the checks.
Edited by Matt, Dec 2 2013, 12:34 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

COVER DATE: DECEMBER 1976

• Mickey's sane act convinces Laura he should be released. Marlena is adamantly opposed.
  • David & Valerie continue to face opposition to their planned interracial marriage. Meanwhile, David & Paul remain prime suspects in the theft of Anderson Manufacturing checks. Paul is tempted to drink. Valerie worries that her relationship with David is driving her father back to the bottle. David falsely believes that Paul did steal the checks, but when he's caught trying to cover for Paul (by stealing checks himself, then returning them when he's convinced of Paul's innocence), Bob believes that David is the actual culprit. Bob's PI actively searches for more evidence to prove David's guilt (or innocence).
  • Both Don & Julie and Doug & Kim make separate decisions to elope. However, during a rainstorm, Doug sees a vision of the late Addie while driving and has an accident, rolling his car. When Julie learns of the accident, she rushes to his side, missing her own wedding to Don. Seeing Doug & Julie's clear love for one another, both Don & Kim step aside so they can be together. Doug & Julie finally make plans to marry as soon as possible and are wed in a beautiful ceremony with nearly all of Salem in attendance.
  • Linda & Johnny begin to date to get over past loves. Mike is quite jealous & totally infatuated with Linda. Alice is stunned when Mike tells her that he's in love with Linda. Maggie overhears, but believes this information should be kept from Mickey.
  • Neil & Phyllis continue to fight over Amanda. When Neil attempts to seduce Amanda (after a fight with Phyllis), Amanda rebuffs him.
  • Robert & Rebecca finally consummate their marriage & she tells him that she loves him.
  • Mournful over the loss of Julie, Don turns to Marlena, but she refuses to be a rebound and urges him to wait 6 months before becoming involved with another woman. Meanwhile, Mary seems more than willing to be the next woman in Don's life.

WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 13 - SEPTEMBER 17, 1976
David covered for Paul by taking blame for the stolen checks. Danny grew jealous of Paul's dependence on David who saved Paul from an alcoholic bender. Doug's car crashed. Amanda fell into Neil's arms then turned him out.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 20 - SEPTEMBER 24, 1976
Bill was furious that Laura had seen Mickey. Linda clashed with Trish, Laura, and Maggie over Mike, who admitted his love for Linda to Alice. Julie and Don were prepared for their wedding when she learned about Doug's accident. Kim was hysterical.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 27 - OCTOBER 1, 1976
Don and Kim bowed out, leaving Julie and a recovered Doug to wed. Everyone attended, even Kim. Robert and Rebecca consummated their marriage. Marlena consoled Don. Bob fired David.
Edited by Matt, Dec 2 2013, 12:59 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Since I also have a full year's worth (late 1975-late 1976) of the magazine The Daytime Soap Opera Review in my collection, I've decided to go back and add in scans of their VERY details synopses in the appropriate threads with their corresponding SOD synopses (including a synopsis that covers events BEFORE the ones covered in the 1st issue of SOD). I will also begin to include the corresponding weekly newspaper recaps to give yet another perspective on the events as well as an accurate time of reference.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 30 2013, 02:24 PM
Since I also have a full year's worth (late 1975-late 1976) of the magazine The Daytime Soap Opera Review in my collection, I've decided to go back and add in scans of their VERY details synopses in the appropriate threads with their corresponding SOD synopses (including a synopsis that covers events BEFORE the ones covered in the 1st issue of SOD). I will also begin to include the corresponding weekly newspaper recaps to give yet another perspective on the events as well as an accurate time of reference.
Yay! Thanks Matt. With 1976 now finished, I'll make a post on my FB page that all the synopses are now available!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Seriously. These Daytime Soap Opera Review synopses are GLORIOUS! As fantastic as the SOD ones are, the DSOR ones are even better! Brooke vs. Julie simply makes me all giddy!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Never heard of that magazine before. Do you know how long it was in existence for??

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jason47
Nov 30 2013, 02:40 PM
Never heard of that magazine before. Do you know how long it was in existence for??
I had never heard of it, either, until I found this lot on ebay several months ago. I don't know how long it ran for, but the indices state that the October 1975 issue is Vol. 2, No.10. The full name of the magazine is "Let's Gossip! The Daytime Soap Opera Review" which says to me that it was an imprint of another magazine simply titled "Let's Gossip!" It was published by Jan King Publications, Inc. It has cast lists, synopses for all the then current soaps, behind the scenes news, star interviews, and other features.

Jason47
Member Avatar

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" MONTHLY SUMMARIES FROM THE 1970'S NOW AVAILABLE!

Although fans are accustomed to daily summaries being written for every "Days" episode over the past few decades, there hasn't been too much detailed coverage of the show's earlier years available on the web. That is about to change!

Thanks to the time and efforts of soap opera history fans Matt and FrenchFan, many months of "Days of Our Lives" summaries are now available for fans to enjoy. Various months from 1972-1975 and all of 1976 are first up, with more to be added soon!

Please visit http://www.jason47.com/days/synopsessod.html for links to all the summaries, and start learning in great detail about what happened in Salem over four decades ago!!

Plus, if you haven't yet bookmarked this page, please visit http://www.jason47.com/days/episodesummaries.html for a collection of links to daily summaries of most every "Days" episode since 1984.

As "Days" nears its 50th anniversary in 2015, fans are getting to relive all of its five decades of history thanks to the time and effort of countless soap historians. Enjoy!! :)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 30 2013, 02:44 PM
Jason47
Nov 30 2013, 02:40 PM
I had never heard of it, either, until I found this lot on ebay several months ago. I don't know how long it ran for, but the indices state that the October 1975 issue is Vol. 2, No.10. The full name of the magazine is "Let's Gossip! The Daytime Soap Opera Review" which says to me that it was an imprint of another magazine simply titled "Let's Gossip!" It was published by Jan King Publications, Inc. It has cast lists, synopses for all the then current soaps, behind the scenes news, star interviews, and other features.
There used to be another publication called "Daytime Serials" that had monthly synopses of most of the soaps as early as 1973 (and possibly a year or two earlier). One woman published it. I've hoped some of those would turn up on eBay but I haven't had any luck so far.
Edited by jam6242, Nov 30 2013, 04:10 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jam6242
Nov 30 2013, 04:08 PM
There used to be another publication called "Daytime Serials" that had monthly synopses of most of the soaps as early as 1973 (and possibly a year or two earlier). One woman published it. I've hoped some of those would turn up on eBay but I haven't had any luck so far.
Those are the ones that FrenchFan provided. The stuff from 1972-1975. I've put in a request, and FrenchFan is checking soon to see if there are some more issues from 1974-1975 that can be provided.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Thanks! I remember the days before I had internet and all I had were my soap mags and always read those synopsis' over and over, LOL

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Matt-

Thank you for posting these! While this is way before my time, I enjoy reading the synopsis and wish the show was this good now!

I'm also amused to read familiar names (I'm a huge Julie fan) and know what happens in the future.

Thanks again.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

All of the synopses from the Daytime Soap Opera Review I have in my collection (dated Oct.75-Sept.76) have now been scanned and edited into existing posts. Now I'll work on typing up and editing in the weekly newspaper recaps.
Edited by Matt, Dec 1 2013, 11:59 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JANUARY 1977

• Valerie accepts David's marriage proposal, but their announcement is marred by the fact that Paul, too, has been fired over the stolen checks. Meanwhile, Brooke & Adele depart for their trip while Bob and Don continue to investigate the checks.
  • Thanks to bank video tape, Bob learns the Brooke was behind the thefts. He catches Brooke & Adele before they leave the country, but Adele suffers an attack aboard ship. On her deathbed, she tells Bob that he is Brooke's father, but makes him promise not to tell Brooke that he knows. Brooke is stunned when Bob gives her a job.
  • Mickey is released from Bayview Sanitarium to mixed feelings among his family and friends. Meanwhile, Mike continues to profess his love to Linda who does her best to drive him away. She fears what might happen if Mickey were to learn of their brief affair. When Mike thinks Mickey has stumbled upon the truth, he fears for Linda's safety.
  • Eccentric Sharon sets her eye on Don.
  • Phyllis struggles with her pregnancy while worrying about Neil's lingering feelings for Amanda. Neil forgets about his and Phyllis' first wedding anniversary. Phyllis decides to have an abortion, but is refused. She responds by taking an overdose of pills.
  • Johnny urges Rebecca to tell Robert the truth about the baby just as Robert discovers Johnny's letter saying that he knows her baby isn't his. Robert begins to have doubts about his wife.
  • Greg proposes marriage to Amanda and she accepts. They plan to elope.

WEEK OF OCTOBER 4 - OCTOBER 8, 1976
Bob asked Paul for his resignation. The Grant family came apart when Valerie accepted David's marriage proposal. Adele and Brooke left for their vacation. Mickey was released, but hedged seeing Maggie.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 11 - OCTOBER 15, 1976
The Hortons celebrated Mickey's release from the sanitarium. Mickey rebuffed Maggie, admitted to Laura that he feels estranged from everyone, and turned to Linda. Neil admitted he doesn't want Phyllis' baby. Bob and Don discovered Brooke had made a deposit.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 18 - OCTOBER 22, 1976
Paul and David were exonerated when Don and Bob learned Brooke had stolen the money. On her deathbed, Adele confessed to Bob that Brooke is his daughter. Robert learned that Johnny is not the father of Rebecca's child. David left Valerie to console Brooke, but was rebuffed.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 25 - OCTOBER 29, 1976
Aware that Neil didn't want the baby, Phyllis went to Chicago for an abortion. Turned down because of her age, she took a bottle of pills. Kim warned Marlena that she, too, has her sights on Don. Amanda accepted Greg's marriage proposal. Bob told Brooke he wouldn't prosecute.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: FEBRUARY 1977

• Mickey & Maggie attempt to rekindle their love, but he has difficulty moving past his animosity for Laura. Meanwhile, Bill is jealous over the attention a guilt-ridden Laura focuses on Mickey.
  • David & Valerie continue to face opposition -- especially once Helen catches David & Brooke together at Brooke's place. Valerie's doubts resultant doubts about David (and concern about her family's feelings) cause her to decide to postpone their engagement. Despondent over Valerie's decision, David & an equally despondent Trish end up in bed together. After Valerie learns the truth about David & Brooke, she has a change of heart about the engagement. When David confesses the truth about what happened with Trish, Valerie forgives him.
  • After Mary moves back into the lakehouse with Neil & Phyllis, a drunken Neil (upon hearing that Greg & Amanda have married) kisses her. Later, a pregnant Phyllis attempts to lift a drunken & passed out Neil and begins to hemorrhage. It's uncertain whether the baby will survive. Phyllis gives birth prematurely to a baby boy they name Nathan after Neil's father.
  • Robert & Rebecca's marriage begins to crumble. She learns from Johnny that Robert knows that Johnny is not Little Doug's father. Just as Rebecca is about to confess the truth about Little Doug's paternity, Robert has a change of heart and insists that he doesn't want to know. Later, Rebecca confesses the truth about the baby's paternity to Don and that she's considering running away with Johnny. When she's forced to make a choice between leaving with Johnny or staying with Robert, Rebecca chooses her husband and child.
  • Sharon's husband Karl Duval interrupts a date Sharon has with Don.
  • After Trish's night with David, someone begins to stalk her, leaving threatening notes under her door. Brooke moves in with Trish.

WEEK OF NOVEMBER 1 - NOVEMBER 5, 1976
Red herring from last week: Phyllis was asleep, not drugged. She had a fragile reunion with Neil. Linda admitted to Mickey that she and Mike had been lovers. Maggie and Mickey tried to recapture married bliss, but he failed. Sharon and Marlena moved in on Don. Doug and Julie returned home. Bill grew jealous of Laura's concern for Mickey.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 8 - NOVEMBER 12, 1976
David spent a night with Brooke. Helen didn't believe it was so innocent, but Valerie believed David. Sharon's husband, Karl, came back to town. Julie took an instant dislike to him and warned Don, who grew closer to Marlena. Mary moved in with Phyllis and Neil.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 15 - NOVEMBER 19, 1976
Mary resisted Neil's advances, but found herself attracted to him. Jack stalked Trish. Robert appologized to Rebecca for his false accusations.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 22 - NOVEMBER 26, 1976
Amanda and Greg were married and honeymooned in Mexico. Phyllis was hospitalized. Neil blamed himself. Mickey and Maggie gave it another try. Mary fantasized about Neil. Julie saved Don's neck from suspicious Karl.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 29 - DECEMBER 3, 1976
Trish lost her virginity to David who thought Val chose her family over him. Phyllis gave birth prematurely to a baby boy; he was named Nathan, after Neil's father. Jealous of Jay's attentions to Maggie, Mickey agreed to give his marriage another try. Karl told Julie he and Sharon have a free-wheeling marriage.
WEEK OF DECEMBER 6 - DECEMBER 10, 1976
As Little Doug was christened, everyone but Robert learned Rebecca was tempted to run away with Johnny. At the airport, she chose Robert instead. Trish received anonymous notes calling her a hooker. Amanda and Greg returned, believing they can be friends now with Neil and Phyllis. Val forgave David when he admitted he'd been with another girl, but didn't mention names. Mike reconciled with Laura.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Oh boy, you are working so quick, Matt! More and more of the history of Days becoming available every day for all the Days fans. An extra Christmas present for me this year!!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 28 2013, 12:28 AM
SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: APRIL 1976

Mickey shoots Bill in the arm, tries to strangle Linda (mistaking her for Laura), & is committed (against Alice, Linda, & Maggie's opposition.)
Johnny returns when Robert wires him that Rebecca is pregnant. Johnny wants Rebecca to abort. Robert proposes marriage.
Brooke accompanies Trish to Arizona to investigate Trish's biological father.
After Laura visits Mickey in the sanitarium, he tries to strangle a blonde nurse who looks like her.
On the way back to Salem in a snowstorm, Laura goes into labor. She and Bill stop at a farm & the farmer's wife (Rosie) helps deliver Bill & Laura's baby girl (i.e. Jennifer Rose Horton.)
Mickey wants to act as his own counsel (!) at his commitment hearing & pretends to be sane.
Greg helps Susan realize that she's frigid.

COVER DATE: MARCH 1976

COVER DATE: APRIL 1976

I am so used to reading about someone pretending to be insane to get off when charged with a crime, I laughed when I saw the Mickey pretending to be sane so he could represent himself.Can someone please explain what this portion of the storyline was all about? Also interested in what Greg did to help Susan realize she was frigid?
Edited by BeeBee, Dec 3 2013, 06:12 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply