Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses; in order, from the premiere issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:08 PM (29,325 Views)
Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Buh bye, Sandy Horton. She has left town for the medical convention that never ends. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 23 2014, 10:54 AM
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES

WEEK OF APRIL 9 - APRIL 13, 1984
<snip>
Marlena consulted Neil about her fainting spells and learned that she's pregnant. To cover up that Roman is still alive, Eugene admitted that he's the father and wed Marlena in a quickie ceremony.
<snip>

WEEK OF APRIL 16 - APRIL 20, 1984
<snip>
Roman, who escaped from Stefano's henchmen, was ecstatic over Marlena's pregnancy.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MAY 22, 1984

Spoiler: click to toggle

How cool to re-visit the moment of Marlena discovering her pregnancy and telling Roman!
(she doesn't know it's twins yet - Sami and Eric).
Loved reading the details in the article behind the spoiler tag, too.
Edited by nananana7, Jun 23 2014, 07:13 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 23 2014, 10:54 AM

WEEK OF APRIL 2 - APRIL 6, 1984
A reunited Liz and Neil made wedding plans. Stefano ordered Roman taken prisoner after learning that Roman has the Baka, which Bo found in Tony's (Andre's) safe. Roman was shocked to learn that Stefano's alive after finding his fingerprints on a chess piece in Mrs. Venable's penthouse, which is Stefano's hideout. Diane lied to Larry that she seduced Bo, as Larry had ordered. Larry resisted Hope's sexual advances, and lied that he doesn't want her on the rebound from Bo. Melissa warned that Pete may have to decide whether his loyalty lies with the Vipers or the people trying to help him. Anna told Alex that she suspects Delia is stealing his money. Chris fumed to catch Alex coming on to Tess, whom Alex hired as a housekeeper. Stefano confided to Delia that Andre will have to die to avenge Renee's death.
WEEK OF APRIL 9 - APRIL 13, 1984
As he had planned, Roman was abducted by Stefano's henchman, but Stefano didn't reveal the slayer's identity. Marlena consulted Neil about her fainting spells and learned that she's pregnant. To cover up that Roman is still alive, Eugene admitted that he's the father and wed Marlena in a quickie ceremony. Delia and Andre plotted to disassociate themselves from Stefano in case he's caught. Gwen pulled away from Larry's kisses, insisting that she won't be a sex substitute for Hope. Anna stole Tony's (Andre's) key to the dungeon and let out a blood-curdling cry when she unmasked the prisoner. While Sandy is on a medical trip, Chris dated Tess.
WEEK OF APRIL 16 - APRIL 20, 1984
Liz and Neil were married. Neil rescued Carlo Forenza, the son of Neil's deceased war buddy, from a Latin American prison. Tony convinced Anna of his true identity. Delia and Andre chained Anna up with Tony after catching her in the dungeon. Melissa and Pete shared their first romantic kiss. Andre revealed that he killed Renee because she had realized he wasn't Tony, but Andre admitted that Stefano hadn't ordered Renee's death. Larry investigated Bo's past. Roman, who escaped from Stefano's henchmen, was ecstatic over Marlena's pregnancy.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MAY 22, 1984

Hello to hot and a very young sexy Don Diamont as Carlo Forenza

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Also, without much fanfare at all, we lost a few characters whose departures I don't think were ever referenced any any of the synopses. Catherine Mary Stewart's Kayla exited in the middle of December 1983 while Gregg Marx's David Banning departed at the end of November 1983. Also, while not a major character, Shawn Stevens' Oliver Martin just kinda dropped out of sight in July 1983. And Anna's brother, Brett Fredericks, who seemed to have a bit of build up only last a little under 3 months and was gone by the end of October 1983.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF APRIL 23 - APRIL 27, 1984
Larry forced Diane to get info on Bo's former girlfriend, Megan Hathaway. Tess kept mum about the mysterious phone calls. Stefano recaptured Roman; let him see that the real Tony is alive; and then insisted that Marlena will be killed. Larry moved Hope into his parents' house and warned her to curb her budding alcohol habit. Carlo nixed moving in with Liz and Neil. Stefano advised Roman that his final revenge on everyone in Salem would occur during the hospital fundraiser. Diane's pimp, Nick, beat her for running away; then forced her to tell him about Larry's interest in Hope. Believing that he has bedroom plans for her, Tess nixed Chris' job offer.
WEEK OF APRIL 30 - May 4, 1984
Alex fumed after falling for May's business venture, which cost him his fortune. Roman found Anna and Tony in the dungeon. Stefano informed Roman that Marlena's at the concert with Andre, who's the killer that Roman's been searching for. Stefano took over as conductor at the concert after his men killed the real maestro. Stefano's men planted a bomb in the concert hall. Pete resisted when his gang members warned him to stop seeing Melissa. Unaware that Nick is following him, Larry convinced Hope to join him on a trip to Las Vegas. Andre was furious that Anna tried to escape from him. Chris squired Gwen to the concert after Tess nixed his invitation.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 5, 1984

jam6242
Member Avatar

I had forgotten that Neil was the one who brought Carlo to Salem. Big mistake Neil (for your sake anyway)!

So was Diane's pimp Nick Corelli?
Edited by jam6242, Jun 24 2014, 12:27 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 24 2014, 12:26 PM
I had forgotten that Neil was the one who brought Carlo to Salem. Big mistake Neil (for your sake anyway)!
Not counting SORAS'ing, the first really horrible retcon in the show's history. And then came Madame X. :redface:

jam6242
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 24 2014, 12:35 PM
jam6242
Not counting SORAS'ing, the first really horrible retcon in the show's history. And then came Madame X. :redface:
Oh Lord, Madame X, don't get me started! :soapbox: Especially since I had enjoyed Margaret Mason's Linda so much.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 24 2014, 12:54 PM
Bright Eyes
jam6242
Oh Lord, Madame X, don't get me started! :soapbox: Especially since I had enjoyed Margaret Mason's Linda so much.
Lol! I hadn't thought about Madame X in years. Elaine Princi was a divine actress, but boy was she miscast as this unfortunate reincarnation of Linda.

Then there's the soon-to-be-introduced Megan Hathaway (DiMera). If they wanted Stefano to have a snotty, self-absorbed daughter, they should have rehired Philece Sampler and had Renee's twin sister come into town. Megan was such a poor replacement for Renee. Mercifully, the show realized that and electrocuted her. :D

jam6242
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jun 24 2014, 08:31 PM
jam6242
Jun 24 2014, 12:54 PM
Bright Eyes
jam6242
Lol! I hadn't thought about Madame X in years. Elaine Princi was a divine actress, but boy was she miscast as this unfortunate reincarnation of Linda.

Then there's the soon-to-be-introduced Megan Hathaway (DiMera). If they wanted Stefano to have a snotty, self-absorbed daughter, they should have rehired Philece Sampler and had Renee's twin sister come into town. Megan was such a poor replacement for Renee. Mercifully, the show realized that and electrocuted her. :D
I've always called her Crazy-eyed Megan, lol.

Agree about Elaine Princi. I enjoyed her in other roles including Kate Winograd on Days just a few years earlier. But no to Madame X. Guess I should be glad MM wasn't available for that mess.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 7 - MAY 11, 1984
Bo rescued Marlena before Andre, who was disguised as Roman, could fulfill Stefano's order to kill her. Realizing that his plan to terminate Roman was fizzling, Stefano tried to escape in a limo driven by his sidekick Petrov, but the car plunged off the end of a pier.
WEEK OF MAY 14 - MAY 18, 1984
Roman allowed reporter Brenda Carlyle to move in with him and Marlena in order to write an accurate story on Stefano's plots. Bo's leg were paralyzed by a bullet fragment lodged near his spine. Hope agreed to marry Larry after believing Diane's lie that Bo only has eyes for his ex-girlfriend, Megan. Megan's father, banker Maxwell Hathaway, returned to Salem. Delia helped Andre escape from the hospital. Roman was upset that the police didn't find Stefano's or Petrov's body in the river. Tess moved into Chris' pad and took a job as his housekeeper. Pete was embarrassed when Melissa saw the shabby apartment his parents live in. Bo told Roman he won't interfere with Hope's plan to marry Larry. Tess' father, who had chest pains, accused her of being a hooker.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 19, 1984

karenap63

jam6242

Honestly, Jam, I can't remember if Nick was Diane's pimp.

karenap63

Loved the hospital concert with Al Jarreau singing. One of my favorite songs "After All".

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

karenap63
Jun 25 2014, 06:26 PM
jam6242

Honestly, Jam, I can't remember if Nick was Diane's pimp.
I believe he was. Nick was actually rather a long running, incidental character who popped up from time to time long before he was involved with Eve's story. If I remember correctly, he first appeared in connection to the Twilight Bar (although the character might have started with a different name) when David was hiding out there while on the run from being accused of shooting Alex Marshall and then here as a pimp before turning up again later on with Eve/Sasha.

According to Jason47..
George Jenesky (Nick Corelli) (recurring 11/3/81-12/29/81;4/23/84-8/9/84; 9/29/86-10/20/86; 6/19/87-4/29/88) 5/12/88-11/17/88; 12/8/88-11/1/90 (recurring 12/26/90-4/16/91)

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

karenap63
Jun 25 2014, 06:31 PM
Loved the hospital concert with Al Jarreau singing. One of my favorite songs "After All".
Oh, I absolutely agree. Al Jarreau's early 80s albums are just wonderful. I miss the years when Days used popular music so effectively. I think the changes in the music industry, coupled with decreased budgets for daytime dramas, have just killed the use of popular music in soaps. In the 80s, no one did it better than Days. Remember the super-couple themes:

Bo and Hope - "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack, "Whatever We Imagine" by James Ingram, "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler, "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister
Steve and Kayla - "Lady in Red" by Chris DeBurgh and "Goodbye, My Friend" by Linda Ronstadt
Kim and Shane - "Learning the Ways of Love" by Peabo Bryson and "Friends and Lovers" by Carl Anderson and Gloria Loring

Sorry for being long-winded, but this thread brings back so many great memories...

karenap63

Renee Dimera
Jun 25 2014, 07:18 PM
karenap63
Oh, I absolutely agree. Al Jarreau's early 80s albums are just wonderful. I miss the years when Days used popular music so effectively. I think the changes in the music industry, coupled with decreased budgets for daytime dramas, have just killed the use of popular music in soaps. In the 80s, no one did it better than Days. Remember the super-couple themes:

Bo and Hope - "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" by Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack, "Whatever We Imagine" by James Ingram, "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler, "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister
Steve and Kayla - "Lady in Red" by Chris DeBurgh and "Goodbye, My Friend" by Linda Ronstadt
Kim and Shane - "Learning the Ways of Love" by Peabo Bryson and "Friends and Lovers" by Carl Anderson and Gloria Loring

Sorry for being long-winded, but this thread brings back so many great memories...
Loved them all. I loved Elliott Yamin from American Idol. I read his mother (who I believe has since passed away), loved Days. He is now making an album of all these old school songs from Days in honor of her.

I also loved when Gloria Loring (Liz) sang "After All". Damn she could belt out those tunes too.

This is my favorite thread.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

karenap63
I'm admittedly partial to the moment where Alice said to Tom, "they're breakdancing!"

Benefit concert, part 3
Edited by Titus Andronicus, Jun 25 2014, 08:11 PM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 25 2014, 07:00 PM
According to Jason47..
George Jenesky (Nick Corelli) (recurring 11/3/81-12/29/81;4/23/84-8/9/84; 9/29/86-10/20/86; 6/19/87-4/29/88) 5/12/88-11/17/88; 12/8/88-11/1/90 (recurring 12/26/90-4/16/91)

Actor George Jenesky also acts under the name Conrad Dunn.
http://www.conraddunn.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dunn

And he has a vintage soap magazine article on his website here:
http://www.conraddunn.com/image-viewer.htm?gallery/Fgallery1-5.jpg
(but I can't read it, can you?)

Jason47
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jun 25 2014, 08:47 PM
Matt
Jun 25 2014, 07:00 PM
According to Jason47..

Actor George Jenesky also acts under the name Conrad Dunn.
http://www.conraddunn.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dunn

And he has a vintage soap magazine article on his website here:
http://www.conraddunn.com/image-viewer.htm?gallery/Fgallery1-5.jpg
(but I can't read it, can you?)
He's back to using Conrad Dunn, which is his birth name. He actually used Conrad Dunn when he first appeared as Nick in 1981. It's on one of the credits sheets I have from that time frame. He started using George Jenesky at some point between his 1981 stint and his 1984 stint.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 21 - MAY 25, 1984
Maxwell warned Larry he knows Larry started the rumor that Max's bank is failing. Max made an offer to buy Alex's shares of Anderson Mfg. While on a business trip, Larry seduced Hope. Diane followed Larry's orders to keep Bo from contacting Hope, bu Bo searched for Hope after he regained the use of his legs. Tess realized she has romantic feelings for Chris. Tony gave in to his desire to possess Anna even though she had made love with Andre. Brenda took a liking to Abe. Tony vowed he'll track down Andre, who split town in a stolen boat. Roman suspected Delia, who also disappeared, withdrew large sums of money from an Australian bank. LIz leased her old family mansion back from Stefano's estate. Max cast a lecherous eye at Gwen's body. Doug phoned Liz who accepted his offer to sell her Doug's Place.
WEEK OF MAY 28 - JUNE 1, 1984
Bo rushed to the church and swept Hope away on his motorcycle before she could marry Larry. Larry nearly had a stroke when he lifted his new "bride's" veil and found Bo's detective pal Howie dressed in Hope's wedding garb. Chris and Tess's attraction to each other didn't escape the notice of Chris' friends. Bo was delighted to learn that Hope had nixed sleeping with Larry before marriage. Despite Larry's threats, Diane told Bo that Larry had blackmailed her into keeping Bo and Hope apart. Tess was upset that Melissa ignored her warning to stay away from Pete. Maggie learned that Melissa lied that she's been dating Carlo while she was really dating Pete on the sly. Neil's pride was wounded when Liz wanted to use her own money to buy Doug's Place. Anna agreed to help Alex find out why Maxwell is in town.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 3, 1984

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply