Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses; in order, from the premiere issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:08 PM (28,894 Views)
karenap63

Fafokahw
Jul 17 2014, 06:20 AM
karenap63
Jul 16 2014, 02:38 PM
Matt
Jul 16 2014, 12:11 PM
The very end of the episode after Roman falls off the cliff.

Marlena lashes out at Bo for leaving Roman.

Oh my, break my heart again. Can you image if Days had storylines like this now? WTH happened to this show?
All the great writers died, left the show or retired that's what happened to Days and any remaining soaps.

Just for good measure when it comes to enduring themes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiDknr2RRQ
Yes, loved all the themes. Kim/Shane's, Patch/Kayla's too. I also loved the recordings they used "Whenever we Imagine", by James Ingram for Bo/Hope. They used recordings that fit the couples back then perfectly.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES

WEEK OF DECEMBER 10 - December 14, 1984
Megan delivered the first prism to Stefano while Shane blamed Bo for losing the prism. Ex-con Rocko told Liz that Neil was once his cellmate and that Neil's real name is Alan Jackson. Neil admitted that he is really Alan, that he was once blackmailed into being a doctor for a crime syndicate, and that the government then gave him the name Neil Curtis. Carlo's father Mario was killed while under protective custody in jail with Neil. Barry used an unwitting Melissa to make a drug drop. Shane noticed that Kimberly is terrified of her uncle, Eric Brady. Calliope hoped she'll fill the bill after learning that Eugene must be married in order to inherit his grandfather's estate. Hope seduced Bo, but he nixed getting close emotionally. Marlena went on a vacation.
WEEK OF DECEMBER 17 - DECEMBER 21, 1984
An unwitting Melissa delivered potted plants in which Barry had concealed cocaine. Bo and Abe goaded Hope, who called their bluff and passed the police academy entrance exam. Carlo realized Liz pretended she loves him in order to buy time for Neil to skip town. Neil's and Liz's flight from Salem was thwarted when an anvil fell on Carlo while he struggled with Neil. Shane, who's keeping an eye on Kimberly, saved her from being beaten up by a john. Kimberly freaked to learn that Eric baby-sat for Carrie. Megan established a contact in Russia, then assured Stefano she'll soon have the third prism. Calliope is frustrated that Eugene hasn't asked her to marry him. Anna fumed to realize that Jasmine and Tony are on the verge of making love. Rocko tried to convince the crime syndicate that Alan Jackson (Neil) had died.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JANUARY 29, 1985

Spoiler: click to toggle

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

smdh at "Alan Jackson". That whole story was a complete loan of WTFery consider that we actually MET both Neil's father, Nathan Curtis, and cousin Pete Curtis in the 1970s.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSIS

WEEK OF DECEMBER 24 - DECEMBER 28, 1984
Suffering a collapsed lung and a crushed chest, Carlo's condition is critical. A henchman, Jeffrey, reported to his underworld boss Mr. LeBek that he has located Alan Jackson, a.k.a. Neil Curtis. Carlo's grandfather, David LeBek, held Liz at gunpoint and threatened to kill Neil if Carlo doesn't pull through. Shane and Kimberly realized they're attracted to each other. The Bradys freaked out when Eric was arrested for molesting a young girl. Kimberly told Abe she was abused by Eric when she was a little girl. Bo punched out one of Kimberly's former johns, who loudly proclaimed that Kimberly is a hooker. Marlena is curious about Jimmy Porterfield, a fan of her former radio therapy show. Megan schemed to get rid of Hope - permanently. Eugene's mom, Vanessa Van Kessler, doesn't approve of Calliope, who is engaged to Eugene. Marlena vowed to get Stefano.
WEEK OF DECEMBER 31, 1984 - JANUARY 4, 1985
Danielle shot and killed her father-in-law, LeBek, because he had ordered the death of his own son, who was also Carlo's father. After arguing with LeBek, Carlo died of a brain hemorrhage. Pete and Melissa shared a New Year's Eve kiss, but she didn't reconcile with him. Hope freaked to find a near-naked Melissa in Bo's pad. Linda and Alex paid Speed's father, Paul, who blew up Anderson Manufacturing. Tom and Alice failed to save a badly burned Paul, who died from a reaction to the morphine shot Tom gave him. Marlena spent time with Jimmy, who's luring her into a mysterious trap. Shane promised to help Kimberly destroy Linda's evidence of Kimberly's prostitute past. Shawn had a heart attack after Kimberly admitted she was once molested by Eric. Abe and Don worried about Marlena, who secretly searched for Stefano and info on the Triad Experiment. Tony went to Greece looking for Stefano.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: FEBRUARY 12, 1985

CatherineEarnshaw

The scene between Bo and Marlena after Roman dies remains so vivid in my memory (even thought I haven't seen it in years). Someone asked me about great acting in another thread. In that scene they are both great IMO

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSIS

WEEK OF JANUARY 7 - JANUARY 11, 1985
Following a lead on Stefano, Marlena left for Caracas, but lied that she was lecturing in Acapulco. Shane helped Kimberly burn the blackmail tape of her past, which Linda had used against Kimberly. On Speed's behalf, Gwen filed a malpractice suit against Tom for causing Paul's death. Speed hid the medical bracelet that would have told Tom that Paul was allergic to morphine. Bo learned that Megan was Stefano's daughter. Jimmy was working for Stefano, who disguised himself as an old woman, Mrs. Laferty, then met face-to-face with an unsuspecting Marlena. Bo and a recuperating Shawn patched up their feud. Megan schemed to cause Hope to have a fatal "accident." Melissa panicked to learn that she unwittingly had been transporting drugs for Barry. Melissa assured Hope that she was not interested romantically in Bo and that Bo still loved Hope.
WEEK OF JANUARY 14 - JANUARY 18, 1985
After she tipped the cops that he's dealing drugs, Barry warned he'll see that Melissa goes to jail with him. Shane felt like a creep after Kimberly agreed to reacquaint herself with a former john, Leopold Bronksy, who the ISA thinks is in cahoots with Stefano. Bo agreed to work with Shane, but fumed that Shane knows Stefano's whereabouts but won't tell Bo. Tony refused to let Jasmine model for Anna DiMera Designs after Anna conned Alex and Linda into financing a splashy campaign to introduce Jasmine to the public. Stefano and Jimmy made a copy of Marlena's house keys, which she'd given to Diane. Don was furious when Diane and Bo told him to postpone Diane's lawsuit to get custody of Zach. To get closer to Megan, Bo staged his own mugging. Hope captured a would-be stickup man. Calliope and Liz's scheme to set up Eugene with a "dog" of a date fizzled.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: FEBRUARY 26, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF JANUARY 20 - JANUARY 25, 1985
Hiding from the cops, Melissa, who's using an assumed name, bunked with Ivy, who's Speed's sister. Barry was arrested before he could skip town and he lied that Melissa masterminded the drug scam. Kimberly made contact with Leopold, who's bringing an ice-capades show to the United States. Fearing Stefano's next move, Marlena hired a body guard for her twins. Stefano eavesdropped on Jimmy and Marlena, who said she's determined to find Stefano. Pete dated Ivy, who calls him P.J. Eugene didn't recognize Calliope, who disguised herself as a Southern belle to impress Eugene. While trying to get info on the whereabouts of the prisms, Bo fought to elude Megan's loving arms. Stefano insisted to Jimmy that he never wanted Roman dead. Shane and Kimberly shared a romantic kiss. Jasmine's tired of taking orders from everyone.
WEEK OF JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 1, 1985
Paul's Medic Alert bracelet was found in Tom's jacket pocket, right where Speed put it. Pete gave Melissa (a.k.a. Mary) money to skip town. Bo suspected that the third prism would change hands during the visiting Russian ice skating show. Eugene played along with Calliope after he realized that "Tiffany" really was Calliope. Jimmy reluctantly helped Stefano plot against Marlena. Megan arranged for Hope to die in a hot tub rigged with electrical wiring. The Hortons hired a private eye to find Melissa. An unknowing Gwen believed that she had a good case against Tom now that the Medic Alert bracelet had appeared.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MARCH 12, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

RIP Megan Hathaway.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 22 2014, 10:44 AM
RIP Megan Hathaway.
I remember being thrilled back then when she died. Now nearly 30 years later it's amazing to me that the show acts like the only 'daughter' that Stefano ever has had is Kristen. Both Renee and Megan were daughters that Stefano loved and adored and both actresses were enjoyable for me even when I hated Megan. I'd rather that they were living instead of it being all about Kristen.
Edited by Fafokahw, Jul 22 2014, 03:36 PM.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Fafokahw
Jul 22 2014, 03:35 PM
Matt
Jul 22 2014, 10:44 AM
RIP Megan Hathaway.
I remember being thrilled back then when she died. Now nearly 30 years later it's amazing to me that the show acts like the only 'daughter' that Stefano ever has had is Kristen. Both Renee and Megan were daughters that Stefano loved and adored and both actresses were enjoyable for me even when I hated Megan. I'd rather that they were living instead of it being all about Kristen.
I couldn't agree more. I remember that Friday cliffhanger when we were shown a woman's lifeless hand hanging out the side of the hot tub. Naive little me was terrified that it was Hope and I was upset all weekend; on Monday, I actually cheered that it was Megan. Cheryl-Ann Wilson was very good, though.

Renee was mentioned during the Colleen and Santo stupidity a few years ago, but I don't think Megan has been mentioned at all in these 30 years. Ridiculous.

I also remember Stefano threatening EJ and EJ asking him, "Or what ... you'll do to me what you did to Renee?" That did NOT sit well with Stefano. Lol.
Edited by Renee Dimera, Jul 23 2014, 07:35 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4 - FEBRUARY 8, 1985
Stefano kidnaped Marlena's twins, ignoring her tearful plea for their return. Megan was fried in an electrified hot tub. Hope later found the body. Bo tracked down Melissa and brought her home. Larry worried that he had been targeted for death since other members of Stefano's cartel were being murdered. Jasmine was shocked when Alex unwittingly sent her on a call for a prostitute. Linda bought a pharmaceutical company through which she laundered the money she had made from prostitution. Bo freaked out to learn that Kimberly was a hooker. Larry had nightmares in which he murdered Megan. Hope took a security guard job at the ice capades show. Gwen nixed Larry's offer to skip town with him.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 11 - FEBRUARY 15, 1985
Marlena nixed Stefano's offer to go off with him and raise her twins together. Larry recalled pushing Megan, who had died when she hit her head on the sauna room wall. Liz signed a contract with music agent Charles Baxter, who is in cahoots with David LeBek's righthand man, Jeff. Jeff is out to get Neil. Stefano let Marlena visit with her twins, but Jimmy cautioned she'll never see them again if she tells anyone where they are. Melissa was remanded to a probation officer, and refused to accept Linda's motherly comfort. Abe is puzzled over Marlena's behavior. Bo found the prism, but he and Hope are unaware that because the prism was freed from the ice, it will explode when it warms up. Alice secretly hired Howie to find out who's framing Tom for Paul's death.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 18 - FEBRUARY 22, 1985
Bo and Hope spent a love night together while locked in the ice arena. Bo and Hope found the prism, but later lost it. Stefano later got the prism, which warmed up, changed color, and is about to explode. Vowing not to leave town with Stefano, Marlena held him at gunpoint at the ice arena. Bo was trapped in the ice arena with Marlena and Stefano, and the lethal prism. Nurse Kate Honeycutt has been taking care of Samantha and Eric while awaiting word to take the twins to Caracus. Bronsky wants to marry Kimberly. Bronsky and Larry discussed the prism, which was developed by Larry's father, Victor Chorvat. During a struggle with Jimmy and Stefano, Marlena's gun went off and Jimmy was shot. Eugene and Calliope schemed to get married even though his mother, Vanessa Van Kessler, objects. Gwen refused to leave town with Larry.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MARCH 26, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Damn, but February Sweeps 1985 was fucking GLORIOUS!

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 23 2014, 10:47 AM
And what bugs me, Matt, is that we could still be getting "glorious" material from this show, if executive producers and writers would stop treating it like their personal plaything and more like the beloved, sacred trust that it is. It is KC's job to foster that environment, but he fails to do so.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jul 23 2014, 01:11 PM
Matt
And what bugs me, Matt, is that we could still be getting "glorious" material from this show, if executive producers and writers would stop treating it like their personal plaything and more like the beloved, sacred trust that it is. It is KC's job to foster that environment, but he fails to do so.
I totally agree, I know everybody screams about the budget and cost but it's the writing that is killing this show. Today overall was a very good episode for one major reason: NO Daniel eating it up. You had a wide variety of characters mixing it up and the show actually historically showing the close relationship of Hope and Kayla just to illustrate very good writing. They just don't seem to care to bring it every day and then add insult to injury by shoving a hack actor down everyone's throat as the only man any woman in Salem would want ugh.
Edited by Fafokahw, Jul 23 2014, 01:53 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH 1, 1985
Marlena was arrested for murdering Stefano, who she shot before he fell off a catwalk to his death. Shane recovered the third prism, which caused a fire to break out on the catwalk at the ice arena. Bo saved Marlena from the inferno. Bo also rescued Samantha and Eric from Kate and Jimmy. During a showdown between Bo and Hope, and Kate and Jimmy, Hope was shot. Anna met a real live dream-man, Prince Nicholas Arani. Bo hovered over a comatose Hope and vowed to marry her when she's well again. Shane dropped the prism into the ocean, then quit the ISA. Kimberly and Shane romped in the sack for the first time. Larry needlessly fretted that Gwen will blab that he killed Megan. Ivy was upset when Alice accused Speed of setting up Tom to take the rap for Paul's death. Admitting he still loves Melissa, Pet felt guilty that he's slept with Ivy.
WEEK OF MARCH 4 - MARCH 8, 1985
Under the threat of arrest, Alex stopped an insurance claim he had made after Anderson Manufacturing burned down. After her talk with Alice, Ivy dropped the malpractice suit against Tom. Melissa consoled Ivy, who suspects she's pregnant by P.J. (Pete). Marlena was freed on bail, but prosecutor Hart Bennett vowed she'll go to prison for killing Stefano. Liz decided she doesn't want to work with agent Charles Baxter. Chris worried about Gwen, who's confused by Larry's mood changes. Bo prevented Kate from killing Hope with a lethal injection. Jasmine, who moved to her own pad, is sick of having Tony and Alex feud over her. Pete admitted to Melissa that he's been seeing another girl, but she's unaware that girl is Ivy. Bo and Hope set a wedding date.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: APRIL 9, 1985

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

And here we have Stefano's third "death" in just two years. :D

kimandshane

Matt
Wow, no kidding!! The pacing was so much better, then, too. So much is happening each week, unlike today. Love reading the beginning of Kim and Shane!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MARCH 11 - MARCH 15, 1985
Pete freaked out when he learned from Melissa that Ivy is pregnant. Ivy made wedding plans while Pete pursued Melissa. Fearing that Gwen will squeal that he killed Megan, Larry plotted to silence Gwen forever. Don harbored prison escapee Sonja, the Russian spy who had worked with Bronsky. Kimberly experienced fainting spells, headaches, and blurred vision. Liz doesn't trust her agent Charles. Pete left Ivy waiting for him at the justice of the peace office. Hope is upset that everyone is trying to plan her wedding for her.
WEEK OF MARCH 18 - MARCH 22, 1985
Eugene and Calliope tried to keep Vanessa in the dark that Eugene's only marrying society matron, Madeline, in order to collect his inheritance. Pete and Ivy were married, but Pete can't keep his mind off of Melissa. Tony doesn't trust Nicky, who seems to have no past. Shane mysteriously left town for a few days after he found a drunken Hart at Kimberly's pad. Hope and Bo's plan to elope was thwarted when the Hortons threw them an engagement party. Don agreed to let Sonia crash with him after learning she can't return to Russia because she's a descendant of the last Czar. Don defended Marlena as her trial began.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: APRIL 23, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MARCH 25 - MARCH 29, 1985
Melissa is attracted to her probation officer, Ian, who got her a job teaching dance classes. After giving Gwen massive doses of arsenic poison, Larry confessed that he killed Megan. With Gwen near dear, Larry had a change of heart and called an ambulance for her. Marlena was shocked to learn that Kimberly had once been Hart's personal prostitute. Anna flew off with Nicky to his mother country, which is in the midst of a civil war. Bo and Hope changed their minds about getting married and decided to go on a pre-honeymoon trip to New Orleans. Farm couple Henry and Alma befriended Bo and Hope. Ivy turned up alive and well after Pete wrongly suspected she'd committed suicide. Pete and Melissa agreed not to see each other again. Shane and Kimberly's romance is on again.
WEEK OF APRIL 1 - APRIL 5, 1985
Larry lied that he was planning to commit suicide with the poison Gwen "accidentally" ingested. Gwen recuperated in the hospital. Liz and Neil fretted over Noel, who was diagnosed as a victim of juvenile diabetes. Shane told Kimberly he doesn't intend to return to Stockholm. Anna tried to cover up the fact that Calliope, not Anna, is the creator behind Anna DiMera Designs. Anna returned home without Nicky, who stayed in his mother country. Bo and Hope squabbled over the pros and cons of marriage. Pete was furious to learn that Melissa and Ivy are sparring with each other. Marlena's murder trial got underway with all the evidence stacked against her. Jimmy lied that Marlena had an affair with Stefano. Kate testified against Marlena. Marlena told the court about her past troubles with Stefano.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MAY 7, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF APRIL 8 - APRIL 12, 1985
Anna accepted Nicky's marriage proposal, then went nuts when he was later found murdered. Gwen left town after recovering from the poison Larry had given her. The murder charges against Marlena were dropped when Hart admitted that the prosecution had no case against her. Pete tried to comfort Melissa, who was mugged. Shane suspected that Nicky's killer also killed Shane's wife, Emma. Anna agreed to sign Anna DiMera Designs over to Calliope.
WEEK OF APRIL 15 - APRIL 19, 1985
Calliope seethed while Eugene married Madeline Rutherford. Liz and Neil let Janey, the singer, crash at their place after she collapsed on stage. Alex hired Speed, who had tried to blackmail Linda over the torching of Anderson Manufacturing. Shane learned from his I.S.A. boss that a mysterious killer called "The Dragon," had killed Nicky and Shane's wife, Emma, because they were descended from British royalty. Bo failed to prevent The Dragon from murdering Sonia, Don's house guest. A mysterious man who had been beaten arrived to see Janey. Liz secretly believes that Neil tried to keep her from learning that Noel was diabetic. Hope accused Bo of being afraid to commit to marriage. A woman that looked like Shane's dead wife Emma was spotted boarding a plane to England. Melissa fended off Pete, who kissed her.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: May 25, 1985

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply