Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses; in order, from the premiere issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:08 PM (21,056 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Everyone's going to England! We all know what THAT means!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Greatest daytime wedding evah! Woo hoo!!

Lots of comings and goings. Farewell to Gwen. I believe that Don went to mail that letter shortly after Sonia was murdered in his house. Marie Horton also disappeared without a trace at about this time.

Hello, Emma Donovan! She was pretty one-note for much of her run, but Jane Windsor's gorgeous eyes were so damn expressive.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yep. Don Craig went to mail that letter on April 17, 1985 (the week of recaps I just posted). Lanna Saunders last aired as Marie Horton on April 8, 1985. Gwen left Salem on April 4, 1985.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jul 29 2014, 03:36 PM

Lots of comings and goings. Farewell to Gwen. I believe that Don went to mail that letter shortly after Sonia was murdered in his house. Marie Horton also disappeared without a trace at about this time.

Hello, Emma Donovan! She was pretty one-note for much of her run, but Jane Windsor's gorgeous eyes were so damn expressive.
I always think of Shane's first description of Emma. He tells Kim that she was American and so similar to Hope that he was shocked when he started working as Hope's butler. The description is almost the exact opposite of the Emma that actually appeared. I have always wondered if TPTB initially intended for Kristian Alfonso to play Emma, but changed their minds when they decided to have Emma be connected to the Dragon plot.

As much as I love the England storyline for the Shane/Kim relationship scenes and the Bope wedding, it is so amazingly cheesy how the show portrayed the UK.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

jwsel
Jul 30 2014, 12:23 AM
Renee Dimera
Jul 29 2014, 03:36 PM

I always think of Shane's first description of Emma. He tells Kim that she was American and so similar to Hope that he was shocked when he started working as Hope's butler. The description is almost the exact opposite of the Emma that actually appeared. I have always wondered if TPTB initially intended for Kristian Alfonso to play Emma, but changed their minds when they decided to have Emma be connected to the Dragon plot.

As much as I love the England storyline for the Shane/Kim relationship scenes and the Bope wedding, it is so amazingly cheesy how the show portrayed the UK.
Hmm, I didn't recall Shane giving that description of Emma. Perhaps that planted the seed for the appearance of Princess Gina.

Kristian Alfonso and Jane Windsor looking nothing alike. Lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES

WEEK OF APRIL 22 - APRIL 26, 1985
Liz was shocked when her brother Tod Chandler arrived on her doorstep. Tod is smitten with Janey, who refused to sing at Chris' new nightclub. Linda found Hart, who was hospitalized after attempting to commit suicide. Ivy was upset when Pete pulled a no-show after she had planned a romantic evening for them. Marlena felt guilty that she didn't try to help a recuperating Hart deal with his emotional problems. The Dragon made a failed attempt to kill Hope. Kimberly admitted that she loves Shane and agreed to accompany him to London. Pete schemed to be around Melissa as much as possible. Calliope went into a rage when Madeline refused to give Eugene an annulment so that he can marry her. Vanessa schemed to keep Eugene married to Madeline. Tony passionately kissed Anna. Alex paid Speed to trash the Brady family fish market.
WEEK OF APRIL 29 - MAY 3, 1985
Alex and Linda want to buy up waterfront property, so they hired Speed and his pal Chino to terrorize the neighborhood. Ivy suspects Speed and Chino of the vandalism. Tod was upset when his "business" partner, Savannah, arrived in Salem. Janey admitted to Tod that she's suspicious of Savannah. Marlena resigned as the hospital psychiatrist after refusing to treat Hart, who shot himself to death. Neil treated Kimberly, who was shocked to learn that she may be going blind. Anna admitted that she's still in love with Tony. Tony insisted to Jasmine that he doesn't love her. Pete and Melissa romped in the sack. Later, Pete worried about Ivy, who was hospitalized with stomach pains.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 4, 1985

Spoiler: click to toggle

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, hello there, Savannah Wilder & welcome back, Tod Chandler. And Neil & Kimberly's friendship was always a special relationship for me.

am103
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 30 2014, 11:15 AM
Well, hello there, Savannah Wilder & welcome back, Tod Chandler. And Neil & Kimberly's friendship was always a special relationship for me.
Matt! Everybody's been asking about you in the daily threads. We miss your posts there!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

karenap63

To this day, I still miss Wayne Northrop playing Roman Brady and Josh Taylor playing Chris Kosicheck. :wub:

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Jul 30 2014, 08:28 AM
Hmm, I didn't recall Shane giving that description of Emma. Perhaps that planted the seed for the appearance of Princess Gina.

Reading through the thread a couple of days ago reminded me of that clip and I probably spent an hour trying to find it.

Actually, re-reading jswel's post, this wasn't the clip in mind. I also remember that one, but can't remember enough other details to find it.

Shane tells Hope about Emma
Edited by Titus Andronicus, Jul 30 2014, 08:31 PM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Titus Andronicus
Jul 30 2014, 08:28 PM
Renee Dimera
Jul 30 2014, 08:28 AM

Reading through the thread a couple of days ago reminded me of that clip and I probably spent an hour trying to find it.

Actually, re-reading jswel's post, this wasn't the clip in mind. I also remember that one, but can't remember enough other details to find it.

Shane tells Hope about Emma
Whoops. That scene corrected my memory. Shane said that Emma was British, but raised in America so she still had an American accent, not that she was American.

Here is the other scene, where he mentions how she reminded him of Hope. This also is where he first describes how she died.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 6 - MAY 10, 1985
Savannah reminded Tod that they had to produce a music video tape soon or their mystery boss would kill them. Liz was puzzled that Tod objected when Savannah wanted Liz to make a music video. A guilty Melissa confessed to Ian Griffith that she was mixed up about her feelings for Pete. Pete promised to stick by a bed-ridden Ivy. Tod talked Janey out of leaving town. Marlena insisted to a disbelieving Tom that she had resigned from her job so she could spend time with her children. Ian bawled out Melissa for missing a probation session. Tony staged an elaborate, romantic scene to seduce Anna. Ian and Pete engaged in a wrestling match over Melissa. Marlena and Abe reminisced about Roman. Bo, Hope, Kim and Shane worked together to search for the Dragon. Kimberly was curious about Shane's past and his deceased wife, Emma. Larry used Linda's money to buy waterfront property.
WEEK OF MAY 13 - MAY 17, 1985
In England, Shane was shocked to see that his wife, Emma, was alive. Marlena was intrigued by Richard Cates, the new police chief. Marlena came out of her professional slump long enough to convince jailbird Jake Sellers not to kill his hostages, Melissa, Ian and Latoya, Melissa's dance student. The Dragon abducted Hope, who escaped from an eerie castle by swimming across a moat. The castle was owned by the Duke of Earle, who Shane thought could be a future victim of the Dragon. Abe's brother, Theo Carver, arrived in town. Theo menaced Tod and Savannah. Theo claimed he was a record producer. Bo's vocal talents were a hit at a local London disco. Mickey agreed to help waterfront store owners who were concerned over the vandalism in the area. Anna and Tony romped in the sack. Alex was smitten with Savannah. Pete was jealous to see Ian embrace Melissa.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 18, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, hello there, Emma Donovan, Richard Cates, & Theo Carver...

jwsel
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 30 2014, 11:15 AM
You forgot to say hello to Simmons, who had his first appearance and wound up recurring through 1992.

I do have to say that I'm glad "Bo Brady rock star" never took off. I think the show hoped it might be able to turn Peter Reckell into a Rick Springfield or Jack Wagner, but quickly realized there was no chance of that. That just added to the ludicrous nature of the entire Dragon storyline.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 20 - MAY 24, 1985
The Dragon was arrested after he got into a sword fight with Bo. A grateful member of British royalty paid the plane fare so that Bo and Hope's families could come to London, where Bo and Hope were married. Shane restrained Emma, who was "programmed to kill" Bo and Hope during their wedding ceremony. The Dragon escaped from jail and vowed to kill Bo and Hope. Shane learned that The Dragon is a member of royalty. Kimberly feared that she's lost Shane forever now that he has Emma back. Shane admitted to Marlena that he's madly in love with Kimberly, who had more dizzy spells. Hopa dn Bo started off their honeymoon in a London jail cell. Tod argued with Savannah, who wants to sign Liz to a music video contract. Melissa told Ian that she loves him. Eugene kept mum that he's writing an advice to the lovelorn column under the name Battina Lovecraft. Abe thinks Theo's up to no good.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 2, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Congratulations to Bo & Hope Brady.

Posted Image
Edited by Matt, Aug 1 2014, 10:49 AM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 1 2014, 10:49 AM
Congratulations to Bo & Hope Brady.

Posted Image
The glory days when i used to buy soap mags to drool over them in my teen years thanks Matt :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 27 - MAY 31, 1985
Theo got Bo and Hope out of the London jail, then secretly begged Bo to help him find the men who killed a friend of Theo's. Theo admitted he was ousted from the police force. Theo said his friend was involved with the video music company that Tod works for. Marlena rescued Richard, who was slightly injured in a gas explosion at police headquarters. Savannah warned Tod that he's a dead man if he crosses their "organization" boss. Ian reluctantly admitted that he's smitten with Melissa. The Dragon secretly reprogrammed Emma to kill Bo and Hope. Bo was furious that Shane had brought Emma to Salem. Kimberly begged Neil to keep mum that she's going blind. Kimberly insisted to Shane that she won't be his mistress and is upset that he's still married to Emma.
WEEK OF JUNE 3 - JUNE 7, 1985
The Dragon (the Duke of Earle) fell out a window to his death during a fight with Shane. Emma recovered from the "spell" the Dragon had put her under after her second attempt to kill Bo and Hope was foiled. Melissa smooched with Ian, who turned her case over to a woman probation officer, Margaret Kellogg. Marlena and Richard liked each other. Pete was upset to see Melissa in Ian's arms. Neil advised Shane to stay away from Kimberly, who kept mum to Shane about her blindness. Hope was upset that Bo had not told her that he was accosted by the Vipers' gang members.
WEEK OF JUNE 10 - JUNE 14, 1985
Eugene and Calliope celebrated after Madeline agreed to give him a divorce. Anna's male secretary, Lionel, is in love with Calliope, who rejected his advances. Kimberly told her shocked family, and Shane, that she's gone blind. Bo punched out Shane, who said he didn't know anything about Kimberly's eyesight problems. Neil was disturbed when Tod had a fit about Liz's trip to a New York City music studio. Tod suspects that Savannah is using Liz as an unwitting courier to pass info to Tod and Savannah's mystery boss. Alice advised Marlena to forget the past and accept a date with Richard. Bo spotted a mystery man, who wears an eye patch, lurking about town. Ian agreed to take Melissa to her high school prom. Tony and Anna resumed their volatile love affair. Theo announced that he's managing Bo's budding rock music career. Chris is attracted to Savannah.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 16, 1985

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hmmm.... A man with an eye patch. I wonder who THAT could be....

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF JUNE 17 - JUNE 21, 1985
A devastated Emma overheard Shane admit that he loves Kimberly. Ian is finding it hard to continue resisting the sexual pleasures Melissa is offering him. Savannah desperately tried to rescind her order to her henchman, Patch, who she ordered to kill Bo and Theo. Marlena fumed when Richard kissed her soundly then told her to start living in the present, not the past. Calliope and Eugene plotted to spend time alone. Vanessa schemed to keep her share of Eugene's inheritance money, while Eugene doesn't care if he loses all the money. Marlena tried to help Jake, who refused to name the fellow prisoner who had beaten him up. Melissa convinced Ian not to go through with plans to transfer to another police precinct. Larry is undermining Alex and Linda's business partnership. Tony and Anna spent their time making love and fighting.
WEEK OF JUNE 24 - JUNE 28, 1985
Melissa was shocked when Ian's wife, Dale, said Ian can continue his little romance with Melissa, but she won't divorce him. Neil didn't have the time of day for Liz, who bubbled with excitement over her budding musical career. Tod was livid that a roll of microfilm had been slipped into Liz's purse during her visit to the New York music video studio. Savannah is desperate to recover the microfilm. Patch trashed Kimberly's pad looking for the microfilm. Marlena is protecting Jake, who is supposed to be in a prison. Richard can't stay away from Marlena. Anna agreed to marry Tony, who later postponed the impromptu ceremony. Bo and Hope threw a party for Alice, who was upset to learn her grandson Mike won't be coming to Salem to finish medical school. Upset over her blindness, Kimberly cried on Neil's shoulder. Shawn disapproves of Bo's lifestyle.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 30, 1985

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply