Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses; in order, from the premiere issue
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:08 PM (24,470 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 2 - FEBRUARY 6, 1981
Using the hocked ring as a threat, Renee hit Lee up for $25,000 as a partial payment to Brent. Brent assumed the name Brad Connors and dated Julie. Alex told Marie he wants her to leave the church and marry him. Mary, suspecting Jessica's relationship to Marie and Alex, began investigating Jessica's past. Liz told Neil of her one-night stand with Don. Joshua began sessions with Marlena, who was stymied by his resentment of Kellam. Joshua met "Brad" and thought he looked familiar. Max was turned on to Mary. Lee found herself able to walk but kept mum.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 9 - FEBRUARY 13, 1981
Brent told Lee he intends to finish the job on Julie. Renee, who told Jessica of her interest in Tod, rebuffed Brent's overtures. Alex fumed when Tod and Jessica dated. Marlena remained on Kellam's staff despite a growing patient load, which now includes Lee. Neil forgave Liz for her fling with Don, but shared Marlena's fear that the affair may not be kaput. Max supported Tod financially. Renee caught Lee out of her wheelchair. Mary flew to Montreal seeking answers about Jessica's background after Alice told Mary that Marie had been in Montreal 20 years ago. Alex and Marie followed Mary in the Chandler company plane, which Max rigged to crash and exterminate Alex.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: APRIL 28, 1981

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF FEBRUARY 16 - FEBRUARY 20, 1981
Marie and Alex found their way to a deserted cabin after crashing the Chandler plane. Mary found Jessica's birth records in Montreal and learned Marie is Jessica's mother, but noticed the father's name was omitted. Joshua dropped Marlena as his therapist because of her friendship with Kellam. After hearing Don tell Julie he is investigating her shooting, Brent told Lee he would kill Julie unless Lee sped up his payments. Kellam proposed to Marlena.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 23 - FEBRUARY 27, 1981
Lee admitted to Doug she'd once been a prostitute. Doug asked Mickey to investigate Lee's connection to Brent after Liz told Doug about Lee's sordid past. Marie felt warmer toward Alex until she remembered how he had forced her into sadistically kinky sex scenes in their youth. Max was confident that Alex and Marie won't be found alive. After Julie rebuffed Brad's (Brent's) advances, he plotted to kill her and plant the gun on Lee. Liz fumed when Neil went on a "mystery" trip. Renee delivered Lee's payoff money to Brent. Kellam persuaded Marlena he'd be a good husband and father to Johnny. Mary taunted Jessica about her real parents.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MAY 12, 1981

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MARCH 2 - MARCH 6, 1981
Lee went off the deep end after killing Brent, who was holding Julie hostage. Kellam turned purple when Marlena nixed his marriage proposal. Marie prayed to resist Alex's passion, then she kissed him and prepared to remove her nun's veil. Don pressed for Lee's prosecution while Marlena argued that Lee is mentally unstable. Neil further alienated Liz with his secrets. Neil is dealing with David on the sly. Mickey tipped off Joshua that Kellam is pressuring Marlena bout marriage. Renee guiltily promised to stick by Lee. Doug and Julie reunited.
WEEK OF MARCH 9 - MARCH 13, 1981
Kellam showed signs of a breakdown after Joshua told Marlena that he had ordered Sunny murdered. Marlena told Johnny that Kellam was out of their lives. Marie, who returned to Salem with Alex, told Tom that she and Alex were Jessica's parents. Mary talked Max into transferring Leslie out of Salem. Tod proposed to Jessica. Lee signed the divorce papers and allowed Renee to remain in the penthouse. Marlena suspected Lee was withholding painful facts about her marriage to Byron. Neil advised Trish not to divorce David. Tod blamed Marlena for Kellam's condition.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: MAY 26, 1981

Edited by Matt, May 5 2014, 01:36 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MARCH 16 - MARCH 20, 1981
A paranoid Kellam plotted to eliminate Don, Alex, Joshua, and Max. Alex accused Kellam of engineering his plane crash. Julie refused to press charges against Lee, who was whisked to Bayview sanitarium. David wrote to Julie with hopes of reconciling with Trish, who was determined to get Scotty back. Trish saw the San Diego postmark on David's letter and associated it with Neil. Mary confronted Marie with her information about Jessica. Marie suspected that Mary wanted Alex back. Jessica told Alex to butt out of her love life. Neil drunkenly clashed with Don over Liz, who slapped Kellam in a verbal free-for-all. Chris dated Renee.
WEEK OF MARCH 23 - MARCH 27, 1981
Kellam attacked Marlena, then was accidentally shot dead by Tod in a struggle. Joshua told Tod they are half-brothers and that Kellam had Max kill Sunny. Don investigated Max's wrongdoings. Trish plotted to snatch Scotty from David in California. Marie came closer to kicking her nun's habit. Mary pulled out all the stops to seduce Alex. Joshua comforted Marlena, who turned Don away. Tod spent the night on Jessica's cot and was discovered by an angry Alex. Renee disregarded Chris' advice to forget Tod. Julie and Doug planned to remarry soon.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 9, 1981

jam6242
Member Avatar

Aww, I'd forgotten about the way Doug proposed to Julie this time. :wub2:

I had also forgotten that Johnny had given Kellam a key to Marlena's apartment. Never could stand that kid but I guess that cemented it for me after Kellam raped Marlena.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MARCH 30 - APRIL 3, 1981
Just as Marie decided to leave the church, she caught Mary seducing Alex. Trish narrowly escaped an armed David and whisked Scotty to Salem. Tod and Joshua each received half of Kellam's estate, but Tod promised Liz a portion. Jessica agreed to marry Tod, whom Alex encouraged Renee to seduce. Renee told Max that Tod and Joshua are half-brothers. Don called an inquest concerning Tod and Joshua's part in Kellam's death. Tod ousted Max from the corporation after reading Sunny's letters. Max searched frantically for incriminating papers. Alex warned Max not to harm Mary. Liz accused Marlena of leading Kellam on. Julie fumed at Neil for keeping mum about David.
WEEK OF APRIL 6 - APRIL 10, 1981
Max went to jail after Tod found papers proving that he had killed Sunny. Don dismissed Joshua and Tod's inquest when it was proven that Kellam had confused Joshua with Johnny in his will. Marlena revealed to Don that Kellam had raped her. Alex backed off on sabotaging Tod's and Jessica's romance when Tod threatened to publicize documents incriminating Alex. Tod assumed control of the Anderson plant. David arrived to stop Trish from divorcing him. Alice refused to do Alex's bidding. Tod kissed Renee after Jessica nixed lovemaking. Lee made progress at Bayview. Maggie's eyes lit up when Neil started a surrogate mother program at the hospital.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JUNE 23, 1981

jam6242
Member Avatar

Oh, first mention of Jake Kositchek. :popcorn:

Which reminds me, I got a kick recently seeing Jack Coleman (Jake) and Jean Bruce Scott (Jessica) tweeting each other recently!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
Mar 7 2014, 12:14 PM

Which reminds me, I got a kick recently seeing Jack Coleman (Jake) and Jean Bruce Scott (Jessica) tweeting each other recently!
OMG! Really?! The SOD recaps are getting really interesting because we're getting thisclose to what I consider "Classic 80s DAYS". Don/Liz have to marry before Tony shows up. We've also got our first mention of Stuart Whyland (who ends up working for Stefano). Meanwhile, we get our first mention of Jake Kositchek (and we all know how THAT turns out). I just kinda find it interesting that all of this is STILL under Gary Tomlin's HW stint. ;)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 7 2014, 12:46 PM
jam6242

OMG! Really?! The SOD recaps are getting really interesting because we're getting thisclose to what I consider "Classic 80s DAYS". Don/Liz have to marry before Tony shows up. We've also got our first mention of Stuart Whyland (who ends up working for Stefano). Meanwhile, we get our first mention of Jake Kositchek (and we all know how THAT turns out). I just kinda find it interesting that all of this is STILL under Gary Tomlin's HW stint. ;)
Yeah, they were just talking about his birthday and having a cold but it was still fun seeing their pictures in my timeline, lol.

I enjoyed this period of Days. Things had finally settled down from the house cleaning of so many vet characters.

Jason47
Member Avatar

jam6242

Rene Lemart taped a few episodes as Jake, and then Jack Coleman was hired and taped those scenes over, so Lemart's Jake never made it to air.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF APRIL 13 - APRIL 17, 1981
Tod and Renee almost made love, but Tod escaped when Chris arrived. David considered renewing business ties with Alex, who feared that David would make trouble. Chris vowed to watch David like a hawk. Julie and Doug encouraged David to pursue Trish. Tom and Alice advised Marie to leave the church. Marlena resumed her hospital practice and suggested Joshua talk out his problems with her. Don gave up on Marlena after she nixed his offer of a date. Chris discussed his estranged brother, Jake, with Joshua. David told Tom that his boss, Stuart Whyland, might move to Salem.
WEEK OF APRIL 20 - APRIL 24, 1981
Jessica was elated when Alex told her he is her natural father. Mary overheard Alex advise Marie to reveal herself as Jessica's mother. Mickey nixed Maggie's idea to become a surrogate mother. Lee took a shine to Neil. Liz seduced Don. Tod fought his attraction for Renee. Maggie predicted that Michael would fight David for Trish. Julie and Doug were impressed by David's plan to build up the area adjacent to Doug's capital place. David recommended Stuart Whyland as a possible new hospital administrator.
WEEK OF APRIL 27 - MAY 1, 1981
Mickey allowed Maggie to become a surrogate mother. Marie told a hurt Jessica she was her mother, then decided to leave the church. Maggie and David questioned Neil's hesitation to hire Stuart as hospital administrator. Renee began to enjoy Chris' attention. Don and Liz's relationship progressed. Marie and Alex warned Mary to steer clear of Jessica. Maggie learned that Michael would be returning in two weeks. David handled Stuart's purchase of Alex's marina property.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 7, 1981

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 4 - MAY 8, 1981
Marie kicked her nun's habit and began anew with Alex, but Mary vowed to put up a fight. Jessica disappeared. Tod fumed at Renee for trying to match Joshua with Jessica. Renee taunted Mary about Alex and Marie's relationship. Neil wondered if Maggie could handle surrogate mother status. Neil acted strangely around Stuart, who became the hospital administrator. Stuart purchased Chris' therapy invention and offered Marlena a radio talk show.
WEEK OF MAY 11 - MAY 15, 1981
Mike returned and resented David for pursuing Trish. Lee tried to turn Hope against Julie. Marlena informed Lee she would be sprung from Bayview soon. Liz warned Marlena away from Don, who purchased a house for himself and Liz. Stuart dated Marlena. Maggie vehemently opposed Mickey's suggestion that she postpone surrogate motherhood. Marie blamed Mary for Jessica's disappearance. David and Marlena joined Stuart's radio station, where Renee clamored for her own talk show.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: JULY 21, 1981

Edited by Matt, May 8 2014, 06:39 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF MAY 18 - MAY 22, 1981
Lee was released from Bayview then confused Hope about Julie's qualifications as a stepmother. Alex received a letter from Jessica postmarked in Salem. Hoping to win back Alex and the Anderson plant, Mary set out to locate Jessica. Neil dated Mary to get her off Alex's back. Mike convinced Mickey to support Maggie. Stuart had eyes for Maggie. David stepped up his campaign for Trish, who kept company with Mike. Mike joined the medical center as a paramedic. Liz's career skyrocketed. Stuart offered Neil a radio talk show.
WEEK OF MAY 25 - MAY 29, 1981
Lee failed to stop Doug and Julie's wedding. Trish and David's divorce came through, but David picked up Trish's disappointed vibes. Mary located Jessica at a convent, where Jessica was becoming a nun. Renee edged closer to Tod, who lamented Jessica's decision. Jessica turned Marie away. Lee, grateful for Marlena's friendship, set out to make Liz's life miserable. Mike advised Trish to lay down the law to David. Mabel warned Renee against keeping Chris dangling. Julie and Doug honeymooned in Japan.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: AUGUST 4, 1981

karenap63

Thanks so much for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated. I can't wait until you get to December, 81.......Roman Brady.

Jason47
Member Avatar

karenap63
Mar 12 2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks so much for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated. I can't wait until you get to December, 81.......Roman Brady.
Roman, Abe & Tony....the creation of the Brady, DiMera and Carver families!!

Jason47
Member Avatar

karenap63
Nov/Dec 1981...Roman, Abe & Tony....the creation of the Brady, DiMera and Carver families!!

karenap63

Jason47
Mar 12 2014, 09:35 PM
karenap63
Nov/Dec 1981...Roman, Abe & Tony....the creation of the Brady, DiMera and Carver families!!
Yes, also Gene. Then there's Crazy Anna, (food & $$$$$) Rebel Bo, and the rest this is when I watched days. The Pier, music, disguises, storylines with so many twists & turns.

The efforts for all your hard work is very much appreciated. :thanks:

Jason47
Member Avatar

karenap63
Mar 12 2014, 09:44 PM
The efforts for all your hard work is very much appreciated. :thanks:
Well, this is mainly Matt's thread, so I'll pass along the thanks to him!!

As for my cast/set research, I'm getting close to the end, yay!! Up to May 2011 now...less than three years to go. :)

CarlD2

Are we into the writers' strike material now? I have always wondered how much that changed from any plans they may have had.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

WEEK OF JUNE 1 - JUNE 5, 1981
Maggie became pregnant as part of the surrogate mother program. Tod told Joshua he will consider him his brother if Joshua persuades Jessica to leave the convent. Tod nixed selling Mary the Anderson plant. Chris warned Tod not to lead Renee on. Lee realized Renee is using Chris as Tod's backup. Unknown to Marlena, Lee told Don that Marlena wants a reconciliation. Mickey confided to Marlena that he's still apprehensive about Maggie's pregnancy. Mike gloated in triumph when David saw him dining with Trish. Chris told Renee about his estranged brother, Jake.
WEEK OF JUNE 8 - JUNE 12, 1981
Don and Liz planned to tie the knot. Renee realized she has a prize in Chris, who suffered a concussion in a scuffle with Tod. Doug consulted Marlena about Hope, who distrusts Julie. Hope decided to live with Tom and Alice. Lee gave up on pursuing Doug and started anew. Lee promised trouble for Tod unless he leaves Renee alone. Trish assured Julie she won't rush into a hot romance with Mike. Mickey sensed Don is still hung up on Marlena. Chris was delighted when Jake moved to Salem.

SOD SYNOPSIS
COVER DATE: AUGUST 18, 1981

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply