Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com: New Love Interest for Abigail?
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:16 PM (36,740 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Yeah, I don't understand how EJ would ever work with Abby without a massive change in one one them. Abigail, who got the vapors because Theresa smelled of weed marijuana (! :OhMy: ) and JJ was a small time dealer, who broke a few windows in HTS, and punched a guy, is going to peacefully coexist with EJ, who was running a large scale drug operation, nearly destroyed Salem's economy and isn't above having people maimed and killed? I'm not trying to discourage anyone from supporting their couple, because characters can easily change, but current Abby is clearly not ready for EJ.

And if she's going to be using her sweetness to moderate his levels of cray, how is that not changing him? Then again, I'm almost never going to be on the "redemptive love" train. I'd rather see everyone make everyone else worse people.
Edited by six, Dec 4 2013, 10:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
Dec 4 2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I don't understand how EJ would ever work with Abby without a massive change in one one them. Abigail, who got the vapors because Theresa smelled of weed marijuana (! :OhMy: ) and JJ was a small time dealer, who broke a few windows in HTS, and punched a guy, is going to peacefully coexist with EJ, who was running a large scale drug operation, nearly destroyed Salem's economy and isn't above having people maimed and killed? I'm not trying to discourage anyone from supporting their couple, because characters can easily change, but current Abby is clearly not ready for EJ.

And if she's going to be using her sweetness to moderate his levels of cray, how is that not changing him? Then again, I'm almost never going to be on the "redemptive love" train. I'd rather see everyone make everyone else worse people.
Meh...if nothing else it can be interesting...opposites attract and all...I find Sami and Ej boring...they don't give a shit what the other does, they are awful human beings, there is nothing redeemable about either...they supposedly accept one another but they truly have issues when one does something, or when one keeps a secret or tells a half truth, so that is a strange way of accepting their lover. So what exactly is their angst? They don't tackle their issues, they gloss over them, the family dynamic that was always at the core of their story has been pretty much ignored now with Stefano out of the picture and Marlena sort of accepting that Sami can do whatever she wants. Roman the only one who seems to have issues with them is barely seen.......at least with Abby Ej can toy with her and it can end up being a bit interesting and maybe create another layer that Ejami desperately needs. I am not even sure what anything with Eric and Abby could look like....that would be more boring that watching paint dry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 4 2013, 10:37 AM
six

Meh...if nothing else it can be interesting...opposites attract and all...I find Sami and Ej boring...they don't give a shit what the other does, they are awful human beings, there is nothing redeemable about either...they supposedly accept one another but they truly have issues when one does something, or when one keeps a secret or tells a half truth, so that is a strange way of accepting their lover. So what exactly is their angst? They don't tackle their issues, they gloss over them, the family dynamic that was always at the core of their story has been pretty much ignored now with Stefano out of the picture and Marlena sort of accepting that Sami can do whatever she wants. Roman the only one who seems to have issues with them is barely seen.......at least with Abby Ej can toy with her and it can end up being a bit interesting and maybe create another layer that Ejami desperately needs. I am not even sure what anything with Eric and Abby could look like....that would be more boring that watching paint dry.
Well, I'm not going to go into what I think ejami's angst is and why I think they have more going for them than ejabby would, because I don't feel the need to go down that road today. LOL I'm sure you could guess my answers. and that's a separate subject than the one I was responding to, - whether or not ejabby's personalities would mesh well.
Edited by six, Dec 4 2013, 10:50 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Dec 4 2013, 09:26 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 4 2013, 08:31 AM
I just don't understand why they would have to completely change the character of Abby if if this were to happen with Ej. I seriously don't get this argument. Why would they have to change her? She has been known to stalk and fall for older men, scheme to get them and everything....so at her core, she has that if nothing else they can really build on. She also has the sweet side to compensate for some of the cray in her. If anything IMHO She would be a perfect match for Ej....her sweet balances out his assholiness...and her cray keeps him in check of his cray. I don't think you'd have to change ANYTHING about the character to write a fairly plausible story.
I don't think it's so much a concern of them having different personalities (although what you described about her sweetness balancing his assholishness sounds like Scarfmance 2.0), but the real issue is their different levels of morality. I mean, you argue all the time how EJ is way too dark for Sami. If he's too dark for Sami, he's like a complete black hole in comparison to Abby. But honestly, I don't think their actual compatibility really matters anyway because the whole thing sounds like a short-term crush anyway.
My argument about Sami and Ej is that he started pretty much making her his victim and continued from there by the time she got a chance to strike back at him and started hurting him they were two years into their 'relationship' and nothing she would do short of shooting him could ever top what he'd done to her...that is my problem...and that is where I get the Ej blackness in comparison to Sami....but I don't even argue that point anymore, I argued that point till about 2011...then it became a mute point.....I no longer see a reason to care about Sami....I like characters with certain integrity, even if they are awful....which Sami always was but there was a point she wouldn't cross....now she's crossed a few points....and I can no longer see a need to defend her or care.

With Abby it's sort of different, but I also don't think I'll ever like any story involving Ej, because well I just don't like Ej and he deserves no one.....but I can see more potential in that story than anything else they have going on Days now. If it's Ej, I'd be surprised if it's a reciprocal relationship.....I seriously would....and let's face it.....until Bristen's wedding Sami continued to tell everyone that Ej's changed...if anything it'll be the same story with a younger character...Ej won't change and she'll think she can change him....he'll do this and she won't know and she'll cry to all the Horton's he's changed...and then find out he hasn't and leave him....if we are to get a reciprocal relationship, which I doubt, it would be very similar to how they always write Sami behaving around EJ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

Okay, let's have EJ and Abby. And Abby turns dark, really dark. She ends up being the one that takes Stefano down and runs the entire evil empire! Oh, and at some point, she locks Sami in a basement for oh, like a year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Dec 4 2013, 10:37 AM
six

I think Sami accepts EJ to a degree, she doesnīt have a problem if he does something bad that benefits her, like putting money in Bernadiīs sonīs bankaccout or blackmailing Lucas, but she does have problems with him doing more serious crimes and therefore talks about him changing. He also did change and was Everett for the first half of this year, now I like Everett too but Iīm not sure if I want him like that all the time. In this fall he has been back to EJ though and still being with Sami, and Iīm not sure if think itīs necessary for Sami to fully accept EJ as you said opposite attracts so maybe Ejami would be boring if they totally accepted one an other. I need there to be drama, I think I watch Days more for drama than for romance, which is also why I wouldnīt mind Abby stiring things up for Ejami. Nicole was more accepting of EJīs dark side but I thought they were rather boring, even though I liked them in some scenes. A woman that would be totally accepting of EJīs dark side would have no problem with him committing murder but would that kind of woman be likable?
Edited by S loves EJ, Dec 5 2013, 05:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Y'all have got to stop talking about fans and fanbases and viewers and most people.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Dec 4 2013, 08:31 AM
Brewster
Dec 4 2013, 08:05 AM
Partnersincrime
Dec 4 2013, 08:01 AM
Brewster
Dec 4 2013, 07:23 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepThey would have to completely change the character of Abigail in order for her to work with EJ...or worse. completely change EJ, even more than they have before during periods of whitewash.

i sure lot can argue it happen with sami they put her with ej
I'm sure some would yes. And many of those people are the same people who don't like Ejami. So if it doesn't work with Sami, why would it with Abby?
I just don't understand why they would have to completely change the character of Abby if if this were to happen with Ej. I seriously don't get this argument. Why would they have to change her? She has been known to stalk and fall for older men, scheme to get them and everything....so at her core, she has that if nothing else they can really build on. She also has the sweet side to compensate for some of the cray in her. If anything IMHO She would be a perfect match for Ej....her sweet balances out his assholiness...and her cray keeps him in check of his cray. I don't think you'd have to change ANYTHING about the character to write a fairly plausible story.
I think we've seen podJennifer's daughter, Abigail, and that's turned people off to the character. She's truly a nonentity. We haven't seen who Abigail really should be as the daughter of both Jennifer Rose and Jack Devereaux. This last year, the writing has played up traits that we don't even find attractive in Jen-Jen, a character who people have loved for decades because she was defined as a character unlike her daughter.

If they've decided to truly commit to giving Abby the layers she should have as J&J's daughter, I think they're might be some possibility of her fitting with EJ. Not perfectly, of course. Where's the drama or soapiness in that? And the repercussions and ripple effect to the canvas due to their relationship could be interesting. It depends on how it's written just like anything else.

Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

It'd not just EJ that they written to be more bad lately but Sami aswell. I liked the Ejami scene on
monday when Sami told EJ that keeping secrets from each other it's what they do it's their
Specialty. It seemed that Sami is starting to accept who both she and EJ is, that they both are
liars and therefore a good match. Hopefully this mean she will stop saying that they changed
and are better people.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

It's hard for me to avoid shipping Ejail on days like today. I'm hoping they continue this flirtation because Ej leaning against the bar with Abby was enough for me to want more.

I need a screencap of that asap.
Offline Profile Goto Top

oryfan
Member Avatar

I'm not getting why Abby would need to change much. All version of Abby, including KM, have been very layered. Good girl with bad tendencies. Do we not remember Abby being attracted to Austin? Imagine that with EJ and it being mutual. I'd buy it and it's totally different from Taylor who was lightness and good from the jump. Abby has a moral compass, but she puts it away at times. And it's not like she has to throw it away completely for EJ/Abby to work. There'd be no fun in that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

fenderbabe
Dec 4 2013, 02:12 PM
It's hard for me to avoid shipping Ejail on days like today. I'm hoping they continue this flirtation because Ej leaning against the bar with Abby was enough for me to want more.

I haven't watched wednesday show yet, but if Ejabby was flirting it must mean that Abby's new love
interest is EJ. I can't wait to see it I love flirting EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Imagine that with EJ and it being mutual.

Oh, I am, and it's glorious. Plus, Abby is still so fresh. Her character is developing and learning how to deal with stress. Sometimes it's level-headed, but most of the time she's very emotional and raw. With all of the trauma Abby's experienced after loosing her father, Chad, Cameron, and possibly even JJ, it wouldn't surprise me to see her take comfort in Ej's arms (your welcome for that vision).
Offline Profile Goto Top

rebelstarter

Days needs to scrap Abby and start fresh. Kate Mansi is a dreadful actress and doesn't even have the right look for Jack and Jennifer's daughter. Send her out of town for a few weeks to visit Chelsea and Max, then bring her back with a new, more talented actress. I think Robyn Richards would be great in the role. As for a love interest, I would bring on Andrew Donovan (Theresa's brother), or bring back Philip.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Hmmmm. More flirty Ejabby scenes today. The chem is definitely there...bring it on!
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Dec 4 2013, 02:12 PM

yep - check the daily thread for today!!! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

I loved the ejabby scene today! I think Abby is going to develop a crush on him! I have to go see the pic. I do thunk it might be one sided though. Unless, EJ feels lonely and wants some.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

fenderbabe
Dec 4 2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:

Oh, I am, and it's glorious. Plus, Abby is still so fresh. Her character is developing and learning how to deal with stress. Sometimes it's level-headed, but most of the time she's very emotional and raw. With all of the trauma Abby's experienced after loosing her father, Chad, Cameron, and possibly even JJ, it wouldn't surprise me to see her take comfort in Ej's arms (your welcome for that vision).
Great point. I agree. She is still young and trying to find who she is. Maybe she read 50 shades and thinks EJ is Christian Grey like. He is. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DaysfanforLife
Dec 4 2013, 04:55 PM
fenderbabe
Dec 4 2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:

Great point. I agree. She is still young and trying to find who she is. Maybe she read 50 shades and thinks EJ is Christian Grey like. He is. :shrug:
Seriously. No, he's not. And I hate that I know this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

six

Abby's not going to want to want EJ she's just not going to be experienced enough to be able to resist him when he comes at her in full seductive mode.

She's going to try and rationalize things and he is going to laugh in her face and get her all hot and bothered.

It will be a torrid steamy piece of entertainment which he milks to the full advantage because he enjoys her discomfort.

He'll get out of it the feeling of being in charge and controlling one small secret aspect of his life.

I don't see how its hard to imagine it will be repeat of 2007 EJ with Abby being slightly less able to resist her desires due to the lack of a Lucas in her life. And EJ going down this path just because he's bored.

eg 2007 EJ
Edited by concerned, Dec 4 2013, 11:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic