Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com: New Love Interest for Abigail?
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:16 PM (36,056 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Brewster
Dec 10 2013, 10:47 AM
Halloween Family
Dec 10 2013, 10:43 AM
Brewster
Dec 10 2013, 09:49 AM

Based on nothing other than the fact I don't want her involved with EJ or Eric, my desire would be that is Brady-but that in all honesty, IMO, is a best case scenario for a worst case situation all around because I don't want her with any of them.

Boy, Abby really is a turd in the punchbowl.
:lol: It would seem that way from my post, wouldn't it?

I actually don't dislike Abigail though and I think KM is great.

I was a Chabby fan.
I don't dislike her either and normally wouldn't care who they paired her with but with EJ it's another story. I would need Sami to Gus Fring her. Although, if it were played as a stalker situation, it would be a nice way to bring some mean EJ to the table and I'd lmao if he told her "no means no!". Oh and some EJucus time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 09:18 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 09:06 AM
Brewster
Dec 10 2013, 08:46 AM
Back to the guessing game, I still think it is EJ and will be one-sided. I also see how it could potentially be Eric. I don't want it to be either though. If I had to choose, I'd pick Brady maybe? But since it isn't up to me, I just hope whatever the show has planned is well written and entertaining.

If you don't mind me asking...what do you see that it could potentially also be Eric...in other words...how do you think they'd write the story? Because I could see Ej and Abby....the stage is set in a way....Ejami is sort of in a position that they will be fighting this week about their issues and still not resolve them. She's still preoccupied with covering her ass, so her priorities are no longer Ej and their family, it's covering her butt and not being found out. The longer that continues and the longer the time passes that Ej feels that maybe Sami isn't that into him, even if she says she is....then I can see Abby slowly being around Ej, talking about Jack, about Chad, about this or that....they strike a friendship and a bond sort of and the story can easily be driven from that point without the need for too much of a contrived plot point to make it happen.

Now....with Eric...the stage isn't even set....the ONLY thing I can think of is that she in time goes over to Eric for guidance because she's falling for her ex boyfriends brother, a bad person, who she knows has done great damage to members of her family and people she cares about. I can also see the potential in having her go to Eric because her decision to fall for Ej would be hurting Eric's twin, and the mother of her niece. In other words...there is way more fallout from the story if Abby falls for EJ, than if she falls for Eric...and I can only see the scenes with Abby and Eric in a counseling/guidance aspect and not a romantic one...maybe by then ERic is already reinstated? and she goes to confession....what happens if she confesses to Eric that she's has the hots for his twin's fiancee. If anything that's the story...it's not her falling for Eric and then that causing issues for Ericole.
The very premise of EJ/Abby is already contrived IMO; Abby not being able to get over a lie Chad told to someone else while instantly putting EJ on a pedestal, the misunderstood man who is not as bad as others make him out to be. EJ wasn't smiling or smirking when he said he was a bad man yet she was giggling like a fool as if it is not true :lol: So there really is no difference if they had decided to go with Eric, as it stands with EJ right now, anything outside of one sided is a huge :huh:
Well, many of the couples they have written for in the last couple of years are contrived....but I see the story building a little bit for EJ/Abby...at the very least I think they have put some thought into it and how it might affect more people that just Ejami...you see I think they weighed their options and started seeing if Abby falling for Ej would have a wider ripple effect than if she fell for Eric. If she falls for Eric it would hamper only Ericole, while it wouldn't really displease her family all that much because Eric in his heart is a 'good' man. Abby has a tendency to fall for the bad guy, or the guy that seems to be taken....so if we are to put two of those together it would be EJ. Since the Sami factor is so important in anything that involves EJ, I can see how having Abby develop feelings for him and having Ej use that to try to make Sami jealous, then having Abby think that he is about to reciprocate those feelings and run to Eric for guidance/advice/confession only to have him question if he should tell Sami the truth. Sami is also the mother of Abby's niece, that also create another problem. IDK, I just think that even if it's contrived, it's less contrived that trying to have her fall for Eric and develop something from there...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

A love affair with Eric would not shock/upset the residents of Salem. They are both near morally perfect and completely boring. On the other hand, Nicole and Eric would upet quite a few people and Abby with EJ certainly would be shocking AND upsetting to a lot of people. I can see her trying to talk her mother into accepting EJ using her own parents' history to make her argument and already I can here Jennifer shrieking at the sacrilegious comparison but I doubt Abby would care and I know I won't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

Eric is not some random guy down the street, he is a priest, that alone makes him forbidden and a big No No......its not that I think its Eric anyway, but its pretty easy to fanwank a contrived sl for him as much as it is for EJ......nothing organic or sensible about either. JMO
Edited by JillianJ, Dec 10 2013, 01:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I don't give a rats ass who Abby ends up with as long as it isn't Eric.....she is very dull to me. Liked her better when she was cray cray
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 01:09 PM
Eric is not some random guy down the street, he is a street, that alone makes him forbidden and a big No No......its not that I think its Eric anyway, but its pretty easy to fanwank a contrived sl for him as much as it is for EJ......nothing organic or sensible about either. JMO
He's already in the 'forbidden fruit' storyline with Nicole I don't see why the show would have two women plus him still wanting to remain a priest, there's too many players. The only logical person to add is another man to distract Nicole while Eric is still working through his own feeling for her. I think that's what Daniel is there for, other than solving all of Eric's other problems. Right now Eric is in a love triangle with the church and Nicole, I don't see how Abby could fit into this already established story. Maybe after he's left the priesthood PERMANENTLY and makes it known that he's not in any way interested in Nicole and he himself goes fishing for some action, could I entertain the idea of Abby and Eric.

As I said there's still the rape, the church and Nicole to get over for her to get to Eric (who's still ONLY interested in the church) and we still haven't seen a single thing on screen that will lead to Abby and Eric while even though there's Sami between EJ and Abby, they, at least have been sharing plenty of scenes since before Chad left for Boston and will continue to have more spoiled scenes together in the near future. The problems between Sami and EJ (lack of trust, communication) often lead to one or both partners cheating even if it's only just a fling, it's not uncommon in relationships and we are seeing Abby and EJ almost being flirtatious with one another already.

If Abby does in fact end up with Eric (which I highly doubt), something tells me she's going to go through EJ first.
Edited by Laufeyson, Dec 10 2013, 03:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

justforfun
Dec 10 2013, 09:36 AM
I love the idea of Ejabby, and I hope it is them. There needs to be a shakeup of some kind. The setup is key - I just want it to make some sort of sense. Maybe EJ is looking to hurt Sami for some sort of payback, b/c that is what their history has been all about - hurting one another. I see loads of chemistry between JS and KM - it has potential, but I don't see it as long term. :makeout:
Well yeah.. for EJ to even consider having a fling with Abby .. something serious must have happened between EJ and Sami that would lead EJ to actually even consider someone other than Sami.

To be honest,.. its not totally out of reach. Sami and EJ has been so complicated and lot of hurt. For instance.. just look at her behaviour now, keeping secrets from EJ and she doesn't seem to be able to forgive EJ for "knowing" what Kristen done to Eric (even if he only knew for one day before the wedding) and standing by his sister. I know that people here don't understand EJs action,.. but I can see it from his point of view.

Anyway,.. EJ loves Sami sure.. but loving someone sometimes is not enough. I have seen signs on EJ that he is getting tired of the drama and disappointments, misunderstandings, doubts etc (even before they got together).

As for me, I stand by EJABBY/EJAIL since I want drama.. and I want a shake up on the couplings.. they need to give us some fresh stories and not repeat the people triangles and stories.
Edited by DayDreamer, Dec 10 2013, 03:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaneDigby

JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 01:09 PM
Eric is not some random guy down the street, he is a priest, that alone makes him forbidden and a big No No......its not that I think its Eric anyway, but its pretty easy to fanwank a contrived sl for him as much as it is for EJ......nothing organic or sensible about either. JMO
The bold part makes me smile. GV is SO not some random guy down the street. If only he were …. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 10 2013, 11:15 AM
lysie
Dec 10 2013, 10:44 AM
JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 07:22 AM
Soapcentral don't get spoilers, just pull from other sites like Dayscafe and reword.
I'm not positive but I think they do get them now. But they'd only legitimately have this week and next week, so anything "down the road" would be something they're pulling from interviews or guessing at.

Shouldnīt they called it rumours if it isnīt confirm yet? Still I donīt see Ejabby having an affair maybe a ONS if Ejami break up first but not an affair, so either they worded it wrong or they are talking about some other lovebirds maybe Brady and Theresa.
You will have to talk to them about that. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 10 2013, 03:34 AM
tomsawyer
Dec 9 2013, 05:14 PM
JillianJ
Dec 9 2013, 04:55 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 9 2013, 03:32 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He had chemistry with Natalia and by the time Tamara came along the sl was already a lost cause.

Male/Female, JS seems to have it with most if not all :lol:
Yeah, JS/NL had some makeout scenes that were pretty hot, but I couldn't buy the story itself and the idea that EJ would fall for that innocent, sweet, little flower. And I don't think I can even judge if JS/TB had chemistry because the story was already so far gone by the time she was cast

And honestly, I think JS found Ejaylor to be ridiculous. He was basically Masseying that story.

I can buy EJ falling for a innocent woman especially if she would resent his bad side and be a challenge for him. Taylor didnīt have a problem with his bad side but that he was involved with his sister so she was still a challenge for him. Maybe they are playing this Ejabby thing all wrong, maybe it would be better if she had a problem with EJīs bad side and started running maybe that would trigger EJīs interest. That kind of storyline reminds me of that Movie with Michelle Pheiffer when she is a Virgin and gets seduced by a bad man canīt remember itīs name now.
Dangerous Liasons?
Offline Profile Goto Top

KAM

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 10 2013, 07:20 AM
daysmemories
Dec 10 2013, 03:37 AM
I actually think EJ only had chemistry with Nicole. But if Abby can end the suckage hes in now I say bring it on.
And I actually agree with you, TOTALLY!

I saw Soap Central is posting in their "Down the Road Spoilers" that

Quote:

A new love affair may shock several Salemites, especially the lovebirds themselves

I love that it says LOVE AFFAIR and I love that it "says" EJAbby to me! Who else could it be with the spoilers we already have with those two?

(Also, I'm sorry if I'm not suppose to quote SC. I wasn't sure....so many rules to keep up with :) )
I don't know anything about the source quoting, but the blurb doesn't necessarily scream Abby to me. Seems like it could just as easily refer to something 'down the road' involving Jeannie T...with Brady...or JJ. There have been interviews that could lead in her direction, too. IDK :unsure:
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

JillianJ
LuvingLumi
Brewster
Back to the guessing game, I still think it is EJ and will be one-sided. I also see how it could potentially be Eric. I don't want it to be either though. If I had to choose, I'd pick Brady maybe? But since it isn't up to me, I just hope whatever the show has planned is well written and entertaining.

If you don't mind me asking...what do you see that it could potentially also be Eric...in other words...how do you think they'd write the story? Because I could see Ej and Abby....the stage is set in a way....Ejami is sort of in a position that they will be fighting this week about their issues and still not resolve them. She's still preoccupied with covering her ass, so her priorities are no longer Ej and their family, it's covering her butt and not being found out. The longer that continues and the longer the time passes that Ej feels that maybe Sami isn't that into him, even if she says she is....then I can see Abby slowly being around Ej, talking about Jack, about Chad, about this or that....they strike a friendship and a bond sort of and the story can easily be driven from that point without the need for too much of a contrived plot point to make it happen.

Now....with Eric...the stage isn't even set....the ONLY thing I can think of is that she in time goes over to Eric for guidance because she's falling for her ex boyfriends brother, a bad person, who she knows has done great damage to members of her family and people she cares about. I can also see the potential in having her go to Eric because her decision to fall for Ej would be hurting Eric's twin, and the mother of her niece. In other words...there is way more fallout from the story if Abby falls for EJ, than if she falls for Eric...and I can only see the scenes with Abby and Eric in a counseling/guidance aspect and not a romantic one...maybe by then ERic is already reinstated? and she goes to confession....what happens if she confesses to Eric that she's has the hots for his twin's fiancee. If anything that's the story...it's not her falling for Eric and then that causing issues for Ericole.
The very premise of EJ/Abby is already contrived IMO; Abby not being able to get over a lie Chad told to someone else while instantly putting EJ on a pedestal, the misunderstood man who is not as bad as others make him out to be. EJ wasn't smiling or smirking when he said he was a bad man yet she was giggling like a fool as if it is not true :lol: So there really is no difference if they had decided to go with Eric, as it stands with EJ right now, anything outside of one sided is a huge :huh:
Can I insert the names Rafe and Sami in here somewhere. It all sounds very familiar.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

concerned
Dec 10 2013, 04:13 PM
JillianJ
LuvingLumi
Brewster

Can I insert the names Rafe and Sami in here somewhere. It all sounds very familiar.
go for it, all contrived in my books. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Abby stop being into Chad when he kiss Melanie in 2011 after she started wanting Austin.after she started Chad again it was him and some else.What Chad did was excuse to hide she did not know what she want.her talk with gabbi about being Virgin and never felt I'm some way before even when Chad enter her life prove Chad never the guy for her so her approach to Chad does not matters
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

delete post
Edited by concerned, Dec 10 2013, 04:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

fenderbabe
Dec 10 2013, 11:28 AM
Brewster

All I see is JS looking delicious and KM just standing there. I honestly can't tell if there is much of a spark at all in the one to the right because it is the back of her head. I think JS/EJ looks pretty sexy in all of his scenes, so that fact that he does yet again here, doesn't mean I think EJ and Abby would ever truly work as a viable option.
She does look a little vapid in that screenshot LOL However, I do remember in that scene when the camera cut back to her face she had a flirt in her eyes that surprised me. It's often that look women get in their eyes when they're staring a foot higher at EJ.
Oh Abby has eye-flirted with EJ on many occasions... :wub:

Exhibit A:

Posted Image

Exhibit B:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Ooo, I love that first set of photos. They're flirting AND in party attire! LOL Also, did Ejail have scenes today? There's a pic floating around in the episode discussion thread that's got me excited.... they're going from kissing hands to holding hands!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

fenderbabe
Dec 10 2013, 05:40 PM
Ooo, I love that first set of photos. They're flirting AND in party attire! LOL Also, did Ejail have scenes today? There's a pic floating around in the episode discussion thread that's got me excited.... they're going from kissing hands to holding hands!
YES! And they were great! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Fenderbabe, check out today's daily thread. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I'm nerdy and don't want to spoiler any Ejail bonding moments by reading the episode thread before watching it LOL That's actually what I'm the most interested in... how close they're going to get emotionally.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic