Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com: New Love Interest for Abigail?
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:16 PM (36,769 Views)
six
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 09:55 AM
I can't get behind anything that implies that ANY of the actors on Days only want to work with certain actors or have favorites or any of that silliness. They are actors. This is a job. They bust their asses to entertain us. Respect that. And I do mean ALL the actors. [/rantmodeoff]
They are actors and this is a job, but it's only natural that they would have favorites and preferences (and some actors have stated those preferences). That doesn't mean they wouldn't be professional about it, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I've noticed JS plays Ej with a devilish glint in his eye around Abby. It fits the character to flirt and fluster this young woman. Who knows what will come of all this, for all we know it could be a test run to gauge viewer reaction, but whatever it turns out to be I'm looking forward to the pure fun of it.

Offline Profile Goto Top

JaneDigby

six
Dec 13 2013, 10:45 AM
JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 09:55 AM
I can't get behind anything that implies that ANY of the actors on Days only want to work with certain actors or have favorites or any of that silliness. They are actors. This is a job. They bust their asses to entertain us. Respect that. And I do mean ALL the actors. [/rantmodeoff]
They are actors and this is a job, but it's only natural that they would have favorites and preferences (and some actors have stated those preferences). That doesn't mean they wouldn't be professional about it, though.
Sure, they are human and I'm sure there are likes and dislikes behind the scenes. Just like at any other place of work. I'm just not buying that influences performances except in VERY rare cases or that it influences storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I was going to disagree, but there really are only a few people who've let their preferences show on screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I'm officially taking Brady off my list for Abby's new love interest. I thought that she might be the one he runs into, but now that we know it's JJ he's off the list and he'll stay off unless he and Abby share some scene together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LastLicks
Member Avatar

So obviously, at this point the writing has confirmed her new potential love interest is EJ; wonder if they will refer to the two-day crush Abigail had on EJ back in 2006?

I'm not crazy about the idea. It's been proven that any character mixed up in EJami's overrated love affair is bound for disaster, making it difficult to picture a sweeping love story without a mental image of her boo-hooing over all the DiMera crap EJ and his family do while Sami is dog-facing her. If Wednesday's episode was any inclination of things to come, forget it.

Then, while I do like Kate Mansi because she has a strong presence about her and can be excellent in emotionally charged scenes, her weakness is being too methodical in her choices. She pretty much makes those eyes with anyone Abigail is supposed to like, whether it's a romantic interest or a friend or Daniel Jonas. For all I know she really just wants to screw half the town and not just EJ, lol.

I will say what interests me is the prospect of Abigail finally growing up and becoming a leading character. I just hope they lighten her up some without unbefittingly making her out to be the doe-eyed innocent. She's been a little crazy in the past, let her be more of a mixed bag, while maintaining some morals, and not the sanctimonious hypocrite she has been this last year.

Finally, I've been catching up on this past week's episodes and much as I love any excuse for the characters to talk about Jack Deveraux, sometimes they throw in randomness like how he called Abigail "Little Angel" and I know it's not a big deal but I can't help but laugh, because, well, we never actually saw this (he had different nicknames for her). Of course, that's irrelevant now because it's part of his book and he supposedly gave her this wing, blah, blah.

Whatever. I won't completely beat it down yet because this pairing is sort of unexpected, and sometimes that's a good thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LastLicks
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 13 2013, 12:51 PM
I'm officially taking Brady off my list for Abby's new love interest. I thought that she might be the one he runs into, but now that we know it's JJ he's off the list and he'll stay off unless he and Abby share some scene together.
I was hoping for Brady myself, but yeah, doesn't look like it's him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

LastLicks
Dec 13 2013, 12:59 PM
So obviously, at this point the writing has confirmed her new potential love interest is EJ; wonder if they will refer to the two-day crush Abigail had on EJ back in 2006?

I'm not crazy about the idea. It's been proven that any character mixed up in EJami's overrated love affair is bound for disaster, making it difficult to picture a sweeping love story without a mental image of her boo-hooing over all the DiMera crap EJ and his family do while Sami is dog-facing her. If Wednesday's episode was any inclination of things to come, forget it.

Then, while I do like Kate Mansi because she has a strong presence about her and can be excellent in emotionally charged scenes, her weakness is being too methodical in her choices. She pretty much makes those eyes with anyone Abigail is supposed to like, whether it's a romantic interest or a friend or Daniel Jonas. For all I know she really just wants to screw half the town and not just EJ, lol.

I will say what interests me is the prospect of Abigail finally growing up and becoming a leading character. I just hope they lighten her up some without unbefittingly making her out to be the doe-eyed innocent. She's been a little crazy in the past, let her be more of a mixed bag, while maintaining some morals, and not the sanctimonious hypocrite she has been this last year.

Finally, I've been catching up on this past week's episodes and much as I love any excuse for the characters to talk about Jack Deveraux, sometimes they throw in randomness like how he called Abigail "Little Angel" and I know it's not a big deal but I can't help but laugh, because, well, we never actually saw this (he had different nicknames for her). Of course, that's irrelevant now because it's part of his book and he supposedly gave her this wing, blah, blah.

Whatever. I won't completely beat it down yet because this pairing is sort of unexpected, and sometimes that's a good thing.
It would have apparently been too hard to make it the medallion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Dec 13 2013, 10:46 AM
I've noticed JS plays Ej with a devilish glint in his eye around Abby. It fits the character to flirt and fluster this young woman. Who knows what will come of all this, for all we know it could be a test run to gauge viewer reaction, but whatever it turns out to be I'm looking forward to the pure fun of it.

Me. Too!!!

Are people judging JS in relation to Ejabby, or calling him out for being why it wouldn't/doesn't work? That seems odd. Where is that coming from? There has been a handful of scenes so far and JS's reactions to Abby are precisely why I am so excited about this as a potential thing. I see something there - perhaps it's the same flirty glint he gives everyone, but in this case his flirty glint plus Abby's curiosity/naivete/romanticizing etc. make for a combo I am very excited to see.

In any event, just as a side note, I could give three shites whether an actor doesn't love the pairing he is in or the actors he is playing against. Yes, actors getting along and having a natural chemistry with each other often translates to the screen and definitely enhances the compatibility of the characters. But JS is nothing if not professional I am sure - he will go along and make it work as that's his job. If there is no connection there is no connection - that is what chem testing is for - but I really could not care less if Ejabby or anything else is not his preference. Actors do their job and that is that.

I also really do not care how long term or not Ejabby is. If it happens, I will revel in every second and enjoy the new changes or story opportunities such a diversion produces. I am all for a shake-up, which is the main reason the possibility of this pairing excites me.
Edited by elci525, Dec 13 2013, 08:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Things Abby and EJ have in common.

1) Their Dad keeps dying and coming back to life.
2) The ability to materialise in rooms without people noticing. see Dec 12 2013.
Offline Profile Goto Top

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

Where is all this stuff about James Scott being opposed to the not-even-confirmed-yet pairing of EJ/Abby coming from?

Because I don't believe he probably really even cares. As other people have said, he was very vocal about enjoying working with Arianne Zucker and Lauren Koslow, as well as Alison Sweeney. It's great that he and Alison have such great respect for, and rapport with, each other. However, I highly doubt that he would dislike or refuse to do romantic scenes with other actresses. He's spoken well of Kate Mansi in the past, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Look at this way, if things go well EJ could get a Horton Christmas Ornament as early as next year by marrying Abigail. He can hang it next to Daniel's.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

countess_cutlass
Dec 13 2013, 07:50 PM
Where is all this stuff about James Scott being opposed to the not-even-confirmed-yet pairing of EJ/Abby coming from?

Because I don't believe he probably really even cares. As other people have said, he was very vocal about enjoying working with Arianne Zucker and Lauren Koslow, as well as Alison Sweeney. It's great that he and Alison have such great respect for, and rapport with, each other. However, I highly doubt that he would dislike or refuse to do romantic scenes with other actresses. He's spoken well of Kate Mansi in the past, too.

I do like his ejabby scenes. I just notice he used to flirt more with Abby in front of chad last year and the latest scenes he has pulled back with Abby lately. I still would love ejabby to get together. I'm sick of ejami.

It's interesting how they keep talking about jack. Was he considered a bad man ever? I like that maybe they are setting the jack part up so Abby sees EJ in a good light. Like he's like jack, so she would accept him for who he is.

I've wanted ejabby for years. I really hope they go long term, get married and have a baby.

Edited by SummerAngel, Dec 14 2013, 04:37 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

countess_cutlass

Definitely. I've lived his scenes with other women including Nicole, Kate, Ariana, Taylor, Caroline etc. I really want this to work. Do you think Stefano approves of EJ with Sami or do you think he would accept Abby as a more suitable woman for his son?
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I don't think EJabby are at the stage right now for anything physical or even hard-core flirting. They are building an emotional/intellectual connection, which is an awesome foundation. It would be shallow to be solely a physical flirtation right off the start. I would like the deep emotional connection built first....and then an EJami break-up....and then romance for EJabby.

I don't see EJabby being long-term, but it will be nice to have a long break from them, while some fresh new dynamics are explored. I wouldn't even mind Sami going back to Lucas for awhile. I just need EJ and Sami to be shaken up for awhile.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Dec 13 2013, 08:29 AM
S loves EJ
Dec 13 2013, 02:06 AM
AFaithL
Dec 12 2013, 08:48 PM
I honestly don't care who actors "want" to be paired with. They get paid to put on an entertaining show. Period.

I would not want EJ paired with a woman unless JS wants it, one because it would not work unless his
heart is in it and two because I want him to be happy. That is my problem with Ejole I have not felt
completly sure that it is what he really wants I think he wants Ejami more. Still if he could convince
me that he is perfectly happy with Ejole I probably could support that too since I have liked Ejole too
but just not as much as Ejami. I have no idea have he feels about Ejabby but I would think that he
could support an other pairing than Ejami if the right woman came along. I doubt Ejabby is here for
the long haul so if I wrere JS I would enjoy it as a fun short thing that is no threat to Ejami anyway.
If the writer wanted to give Ejabby a real chance they are doing it wrong since it looks like Abby have
fallen for Everett not EJ.
James Scott has stated that he loved working with LK and wished they'd gone further with EJ and Kate, and he was angry about Taylor being brought in because he loves working with AZ and they'd worked hard on turning EJole into a real couple.
Itīs not that I thought JS doesnīt like Ejole. I guess I just gotten the impression from interviews that Ejami to be his no 1 choice, which made me feel less interested in Ejole than I was fall 2011- spring 2012. Still regardless whether thatīs the case or not it looks like he does enjoy working with AZ and are supporting of Ejole and thatīs enough for me. I disagree with people saying it doesnīt matter if he likes it that he should be a proffesional and just do hisīs job I want him to at least like it and be supportive of it even if it wouldnīt be his first choice. There are several Ejole scenes that I liked so I could probably get over my doubts about Ejole completly with just the right writing. I was almost buying into EJīs love for Nicole after their break up and when he wanted her back and probably would have if the writers just had been consistent in their writing instead of shifting focus to Sami. Iīm not sure if Ejole have the ultimate chemistry because if they do Iīm not so sure they would need to work on it, but it does seem that whether thatīs the case or not that JS is supportive of Ejole and I suppose thatīs all I need to know. I do sometimes gets doubts about Ejami aswell because of their bad history and feel ready for something new and I do think Ejabby can be interesting and fun even though I thinkīs short term.

As for Ejate I could understand if JS enjoys working with LK but I doubt they could have worked in a real relationship since Kate is to old for him, but I do like Ejate in scenes together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

DaysfanforLife
Dec 14 2013, 04:35 AM
countess_cutlass

I do like his ejabby scenes. I just notice he used to flirt more with Abby in front of chad last year and the latest scenes he has pulled back with Abby lately. I still would love ejabby to get together. I'm sick of ejami.

It's interesting how they keep talking about jack. Was he considered a bad man ever? I like that maybe they are setting the jack part up so Abby sees EJ in a good light. Like he's like jack, so she would accept him for who he is.

I've wanted ejabby for years. I really hope they go long term, get married and have a baby.

Jack was the reformed bad boy IMO and I do see Abby creating this illusion of EJ that she starts obsessing over. :blulaugh:

Quote:

I don't think EJabby are at the stage right now for anything physical or even hard-core flirting. They are building an emotional/intellectual connection, which is an awesome foundation. It would be shallow to be solely a physical flirtation right off the start. I would like the deep emotional connection built first....and then an EJami break-up....and then romance for EJabby.

I wouldn't call something that is one sided a connection :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

AFaithL
Dec 14 2013, 04:53 AM

I don't see EJabby being long-term, but it will be nice to have a long break from them, while some fresh new dynamics are explored. I wouldn't even mind Sami going back to Lucas for awhile. I just need EJ and Sami to be shaken up for awhile.
Yeah, right now I think Abby just thinks of EJ as a man she's somewhat fascinated by and enjoys talking to......she hasn't looked at him in a romantic way. After their last meeting and she ran into Hope, she seemed content with not having a man in her life at the moment. Heres what I think is going to happen, they'll keep having their little run-in until NYE and on that night they'll end up meeting and EJ being EJ will wish her a happy New Year and he'll give her a little kiss on the cheek and somewhow it'll turn into a big, hot kiss leaving them both stunned. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 14 2013, 07:02 AM
TreasureCove
Dec 13 2013, 08:29 AM
S loves EJ
Dec 13 2013, 02:06 AM
AFaithL
Dec 12 2013, 08:48 PM
I honestly don't care who actors "want" to be paired with. They get paid to put on an entertaining show. Period.

I would not want EJ paired with a woman unless JS wants it, one because it would not work unless his
heart is in it and two because I want him to be happy. That is my problem with Ejole I have not felt
completly sure that it is what he really wants I think he wants Ejami more. Still if he could convince
me that he is perfectly happy with Ejole I probably could support that too since I have liked Ejole too
but just not as much as Ejami. I have no idea have he feels about Ejabby but I would think that he
could support an other pairing than Ejami if the right woman came along. I doubt Ejabby is here for
the long haul so if I wrere JS I would enjoy it as a fun short thing that is no threat to Ejami anyway.
If the writer wanted to give Ejabby a real chance they are doing it wrong since it looks like Abby have
fallen for Everett not EJ.
James Scott has stated that he loved working with LK and wished they'd gone further with EJ and Kate, and he was angry about Taylor being brought in because he loves working with AZ and they'd worked hard on turning EJole into a real couple.
Itīs not that I thought JS doesnīt like Ejole. I guess I just gotten the impression from interviews that Ejami to be his no 1 choice, which made me feel less interested in Ejole than I was fall 2011- spring 2012. Still regardless whether thatīs the case or not it looks like he does enjoy working with AZ and are supporting of Ejole and thatīs enough for me. I disagree with people saying it doesnīt matter if he likes it that he should be a proffesional and just do hisīs job I want him to at least like it and be supportive of it even if it wouldnīt be his first choice. There are several Ejole scenes that I liked so I could probably get over my doubts about Ejole completly with just the right writing. I was almost buying into EJīs love for Nicole after their break up and when he wanted her back and probably would have if the writers just had been consistent in their writing instead of shifting focus to Sami. Iīm not sure if Ejole have the ultimate chemistry because if they do Iīm not so sure they would need to work on it, but it does seem that whether thatīs the case or not that JS is supportive of Ejole and I suppose thatīs all I need to know. I do sometimes gets doubts about Ejami aswell because of their bad history and feel ready for something new and I do think Ejabby can be interesting and fun even though I thinkīs short term.

As for Ejate I could understand if JS enjoys working with LK but I doubt they could have worked in a real relationship since Kate is to old for him, but I do like Ejate in scenes together.
I think it's important to realize that these are jobs for the actors. And part of that job, in today's TV world, is selling your storyline to your audience to raise your own (and your co-worker's) profile so that you get good screen-time and the appropriate financial compensation. I'm not sure JS has a specific preference for any of these ships -- Ejole, Ejami, Ej-whatever.

I really hope that JS (or whichever vet Abigail's love interest should be) is cool and generous enough to realize that pairing up with Abigail is good for Kate Mansi's career on Days. It gives her character more to do, gives her a chance to stretch her acting chops beyond being Shrewifer's daughter/JJ's sister and gives her a bigger profile for being involved in a storyline that involves some of the show's most popular characters (and meddling in one of its most controversial romantic pairings).
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

Hmm maybe Peter could get out of jail then?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic