Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Soap interview with Eileen Davidson (Days and Y&R)
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM (2,652 Views)
thepadange

TV Soap interview with Eileen Davidson (November 21, 2013):
http://www.eileen-davidson.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=11

Quote:

Would you be open to a Days return?
If it works out, I'd love to go back to Days. I had a great time. For now, I want to spend time with my family.

Edited by thepadange, Nov 27 2013, 01:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

And my Great-Aunt Margaret is coming back from the dead too...

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 27 2013, 01:23 PM
I don't understand why you think she's so dead set against coming back. She didn't leave on bad terms or anything.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

thepadange
Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM

If it works out, I'd love to go back to Days. I had a great time. For now, I want to spend time with my family.

And by family, does she mean her Y&R family? That seems a little contradictory but they must have worked her to death on Days.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM
thepadange
Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM

And by family, does she mean her Y&R family? That seems a little contradictory but they must have worked her to death on Days.
I don't think it's contradictory. She's only doing a little bit at Y&R.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think ED would definitely come back...she has gone back to Y&R but it was only for 3 or so episodes...she clearly did not commit anything long term to them either.

I think she just wants time off right now, she wants a break, she wants to be a stay at home mother right now and maybe in a year or so she will be ready for a more full-time gig...and that is when the Y&R/DAYS bidding war will begin IMO.

Maybe she can do both shows in a supporting role type of way...who knows....all I know is Kristen's story is far from over...there is so much more they can do with her.

At the end of the day...Y&R is the SHOW that is home to her...bur Kristen is the character she was born to play and I think she knows that. I think she loves playing Kristen more than Ashley and always has.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Nov 27 2013, 02:03 PM.

tylerbo20

she wants to spend time with her family...and work part time on YR

am103
Member Avatar

Well, she definitely sounds open to returning, which is great. Kristen needs a little break from Salem right now, story-wise. Maybe until then she can pop in for a Susan visit?!

Graceland
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 27 2013, 01:23 PM
She'll be back. The soap industry is not what it once was. It's a revolving door, and many are doing multiple roles. She already pointed to Wally Kurth. No one's job is secure now. She may not sign on full-time again, but I do think she'll be back for shorter durations just like Nadia Bjorlin. Days was already willing to work something out, and I'm sure Sony would be willing to work with her as well. They were the ones who wanted her sent to Days to begin with. The schedule is tough, but other soaps are now going in Days' direction when it comes to speed. Eileen ask for double the amount of work. It would have been interesting to see if doing the standard amount wouldn't have worn her out as much.

Graceland
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Nov 27 2013, 07:31 PM
she wants to spend time with her family...and work part time on YR
She did Y&R episodes earlier this year. This isn't anything new, and she only works for a few days. She was ready to sell her house just so she could have a break. She getting a paycheck while still being able to relax.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 27 2013, 02:02 PM
I think ED would definitely come back...she has gone back to Y&R but it was only for 3 or so episodes...she clearly did not commit anything long term to them either.

I think she just wants time off right now, she wants a break, she wants to be a stay at home mother right now and maybe in a year or so she will be ready for a more full-time gig...and that is when the Y&R/DAYS bidding war will begin IMO.

Maybe she can do both shows in a supporting role type of way...who knows....all I know is Kristen's story is far from over...there is so much more they can do with her.

At the end of the day...Y&R is the SHOW that is home to her...bur Kristen is the character she was born to play and I think she knows that. I think she loves playing Kristen more than Ashley and always has.
My thoughts exactly!

rebelstarter

I just honestly don't believe she will ever come back to Days. As soon as her contract ended, she basically high-tailed it back to Y&R. She prefers Y&R and wants to be there, which is sad because Ashley is such a snore. Days dropped the ball by not having her reprise the role of Susan while they had her. Susan is the mother of the show's leading man---she at least should have made an appearance! And Sister Mary Moira should have reappeared because of the Father Eric stuff. So many missed opportunities (but I blame them on those hacks Tomsell, not Eileen).

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I hope she comes back. Kristen may need a break to let the effects of her actions play out in her absence, but she should return soon afterward.

lysie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Nov 27 2013, 09:40 PM
I just honestly don't believe she will ever come back to Days. As soon as her contract ended, she basically high-tailed it back to Y&R. She prefers Y&R and wants to be there, which is sad because Ashley is such a snore. Days dropped the ball by not having her reprise the role of Susan while they had her. Susan is the mother of the show's leading man---she at least should have made an appearance! And Sister Mary Moira should have reappeared because of the Father Eric stuff. So many missed opportunities (but I blame them on those hacks Tomsell, not Eileen).
She didn't high tail it back to Y&R. She was there for, like, three days. Y'all are making her Y&R stuff so much bigger than it is. She may still return there full time, but she sure hasn't yet. She's doing these interviews NOW and NOW is not when she's working at Y&R.

rebelstarter

lysie
Nov 27 2013, 10:43 PM
rebelstarter
She didn't high tail it back to Y&R. She was there for, like, three days. Y'all are making her Y&R stuff so much bigger than it is. She may still return there full time, but she sure hasn't yet. She's doing these interviews NOW and NOW is not when she's working at Y&R.
Actually, she *is* back on Y&R on a more permanent basis. She confirmed on Facebook recently that her return to Y&R has evolved into a recurring part. She is even being given a storyline.

thepadange

rebelstarter
Nov 27 2013, 11:55 PM
lysie
rebelstarter
Actually, she *is* back on Y&R on a more permanent basis. She confirmed on Facebook recently that her return to Y&R has evolved into a recurring part. She is even being given a storyline.
Yes, that's true. It's 3+2+more on a recurring basis. Now they're kinda doing some onscreen chemistry testing between her and the Y&R newcomer Sean Carrigan.

But I'm still glad she sounds open to a Days return, IMO, even a little bit more than some months ago. I don't think we are "clearvoyant enough" to say if she will ever return or not. I think, at this point if both Days and Y&R want to have her, she chooses the show which is able to offer better contract conditions (whatever the criteria might be). Speaking realistically, Y&R has more chances because of their "budgetary etc. possibilities". In the SOD interview (in August) she said she had to take paycut at Days and that was the reason why she asked for more work. My guess is that (before Days), her contract guarantee at Y&R was 2 episodes/week, and at Days she was about 3.76 episodes/week (guess: guarantee was 3 or 3.5? episodes/week). And that's a huge difference in workload which resulted in her being exhausted.
Speaking about the possibility of double-duty, IMO, it would be most likely full-time at Y&R and guest stints at Days although I would prefer it vice-versa. Maybe Days and/or Sony can pull it off?
Edited by thepadange, Dec 1 2013, 10:21 AM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

If working on one show was too exhausting how would she be able to handle working on two at the same time? :shrug:

thepadange

jam6242
Dec 1 2013, 09:32 AM
If working on one show was too exhausting how would she be able to handle working on two at the same time? :shrug:
I think, 3.75 episodes/week (especially, full of heavy, challenging material) can be more exhausting as 2 episodes/week + some guest appearances from time to time.

Graceland
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Nov 27 2013, 11:55 PM
lysie
rebelstarter
Not true. No official details were given. If anything, it was a tad cryptic. It sounds as though it's the same as what she's already been doing. She's not even on a recurring contract. When she's done it, she's been on set for about two days. They split up what they've filmed in multiple episodes. I have no doubt that what happened to her during the previous decade would happen again if she signed a contract: she'd be sitting around with nothing to do. Budgets are so tight now though, I don't know if they would even sign her for a job like that again. It seems smarter to have her on from time to time when they have something for her to do.

What's hilarious is when she finally met the actress playing her daughter, said actress ran up and exclaimed, "You're my favorite actress on DAYS OF OUR LIVES!"

DAYS has the material for her, and unlike Y&R, they weren't vindictive when it came to sharing her with that show. DAYS was willing to work with her too, trying to make it as easy as possible. She asked for twice as much work. She's said that DAYS' schedule is where all the shows are heading. She said that she's up for playing multiple roles like Wally Kurth. 'Everyone's doing it.' She also said that she relates to Kristen more than Ashley, and Ashley being the victim all the time was becoming tedious. She said that she started out playing bad girls.

This is the first time she's had two gigs. She has another possibility when it comes to work and that is DAYS. The door's been open and it's easy to bring Kristen back now. Those 14 years have been explained. She has a new history, new enemies, and has been reintroduced to a whole new generation of soap viewers. She's going to be on DAYS again next week.
Edited by Graceland, Dec 1 2013, 10:13 AM.

rebelstarter

All I know is, I want to see Susan Banks back onscreen more than anything. I cannot believe Days was so stupid to not have Eileen play that role when they had her. I just won't accept Brynn Thayer's Susan as the last word on that character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply