Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Soap interview with Eileen Davidson (Days and Y&R)
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM (2,560 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

I don't understand why there's so much misinformation out there about her exit. She didn't say she left because of scheduling or being exhausted. She most likely left exactly when she planned to from the beginning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rebelstarter

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 12:02 PM
I don't understand why there's so much misinformation out there about her exit. She didn't say she left because of scheduling or being exhausted. She most likely left exactly when she planned to from the beginning.
And that's what bothered me. She had no long-term interest in being on Days. She just went right back to Y&R like she did in 1999. Ugh.

lysie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
And that's what bothered me. She had no long-term interest in being on Days. She just went right back to Y&R like she did in 1999. Ugh.
That is also misinformation.

rebelstarter

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 01:19 PM
rebelstarter
lysie
No it's not. SHE'S ON Y&R RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

thepadange

lysie
I'd say some statements in her interviews hinted at the fact that the fast-paced shooting schedule at Days could have had impact on her decision not to resign/extend her contract with the show.

Some quotes:
Quote:

But the speed is brutal! More often than not, I'd drive home from work feeling like I should have done better or that I wish I'd been allowed just one more take. That part of the job is very frustrating. I was doing seven or eight shows a week, with tons of dialogue and very long days, and I just couldn't keep doing that.
Quote:

Even when we were dark one week a month, I'd go home with 10 scripts. I was driving my son to school or taking him on outings, and always had scripts with me in the car. My stepsons are both going to be in college, as of this year, and I've been watching their lives fly by because I am at work. I needed to get off the train for a minute.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eileen-Davidson-Days-of-Our-Lives-Departure-1068721.aspx

Of course, it doesn't have to mean that Days' schedule was the main or the only reason she didn't resign.

lysie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:20 PM
lysie
rebelstarter
lysie
Not just like she did in 1999. There's a major difference in what she's doing on y&r and what she done on days and even on y&r in the past. It's not comparable.

lysie
Member Avatar

thepadange
Dec 1 2013, 03:36 PM
lysie
I'd say some statements in her interviews hinted at the fact that the fast-paced shooting schedule at Days could have had impact on her decision not to resign/extend her contract with the show.

Some quotes:
Quote:

But the speed is brutal! More often than not, I'd drive home from work feeling like I should have done better or that I wish I'd been allowed just one more take. That part of the job is very frustrating. I was doing seven or eight shows a week, with tons of dialogue and very long days, and I just couldn't keep doing that.
Quote:

Even when we were dark one week a month, I'd go home with 10 scripts. I was driving my son to school or taking him on outings, and always had scripts with me in the car. My stepsons are both going to be in college, as of this year, and I've been watching their lives fly by because I am at work. I needed to get off the train for a minute.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eileen-Davidson-Days-of-Our-Lives-Departure-1068721.aspx

Of course, it doesn't have to mean that Days' schedule was the main or the only reason she didn't resign.
I agree that she wasn't fond of the shooting schedule, and I even said long before news broke that she was gone that I thought it was weird that days chose to work her so much when that's why she left in the 90s. I still think it's weird. But people are making it sound like there's some kind of bad blood between her and days. We dont even know if she was offered a chance to re-sign. And regardless of any of that, going from a contract role to a recurring role is nothing like what people are making it sound like. She didn't ditch days for y&r. Or if she did, she got screwed over because she ended up without a contract. Meanwhile, she was there for a year. It sounds like that was her plan from the beginning.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
lysie
She left Days in 1998, so she didn't go right back to Y&R.

rebelstarter

Sindacco
Dec 1 2013, 03:59 PM
rebelstarter
lysie
She left Days in 1998, so she didn't go right back to Y&R.
Not instantly, but she was back on Y&R within 12 months of leaving Days. She chose Y&R over Days rather than contacting Days and saying she was ready to work again.

rebelstarter

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 03:46 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:20 PM
lysie
rebelstarter

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Not just like she did in 1999. There's a major difference in what she's doing on y&r and what she done on days and even on y&r in the past. It's not comparable.
Yes it is. She's chosen Y&R over Days because she prefers that show, that character, and those fans over Days, Kristen and Days fans. She could be recurring on Days right now but she chose to go back to Y&R. Again.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I'm laughing at this entire conversation. It's not like we don't know what's actually going on. Her exit from the show has been pretty clear from the beginning.

ED was burned out from her work schedule at days so she decided to take a break from acting, which was a few months June to November, during that time she turned down both Days and Y&R (per her words) when asked if she would guest on either show. She just went back to Y&R for her first 3 episode guest stint in late October/Early November for Billy/Dehlia's death s/l and now she's back again filming for a few holiday episodes. So far there has not been any concrete evidence that she signed back on to Y&R.

Edited by Panda Panda, Dec 1 2013, 05:23 PM.

rebelstarter

Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 10:06 AM
This is the first time she's had two gigs. She has another possibility when it comes to work and that is DAYS. The door's been open and it's easy to bring Kristen back now. Those 14 years have been explained. She has a new history, new enemies, and has been reintroduced to a whole new generation of soap viewers. She's going to be on DAYS again next week.
That's another thing. I don't want to see Kristen trying to get with Brady. She should be trying to break up John and Marlena and switching places with Susan! Kristen is desperately OBSESSED with John, yet that didn't come through this time around.

Hopefully if she returns, they will explain how Kristen escaped the dungeon, how Stefano found her, and when and how John and Marlena learned she was really alive.

rebelstarter

Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:22 PM
I'm laughing at this entire conversation. ED was burned out from her work schedule at days so she decided to take a break from acting, which was a few months June to November, during that time she turned down both Days and Y&R (per her words) when asked if she would guest on either show. She just went back to Y&R for her first 3 episode guest stint in late October/Early November for Billy/Dehlia's death s/l and now she's back again filming for a few holiday episodes. So far there has not been any concrete evidence that she signed back on to Y&R.

She posted on Facebook that her Y&R gig has become recurring.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Did she delete it? I can only see her post from October

Quote:

Eileen Davidson
October 25

Hi all!
So I'm back on Y and R for a couple of shows. And it looks like I'll be going back to Genoa city here and there, once in a while. and that's awesome! Thanks for watching Y and R and DOOL! xoxoxoxoxoxo
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eileen-Davidson/95364886346?hc_location=timeline

Her next appearance on Y&R outside of the Thanksgiving stuff should be tomorrow. I know their having her meddle with Abby & Tyler but so far that's about it. I'm not saying she's couldn't be back at Y&R but so far there's only been a handful of episodes with her in it and no official announcement from ED or the show that she's been put on recurring status.

rebelstarter

Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:37 PM
Did she delete it? I can only see her post from October

Quote:

Eileen Davidson
October 25

Hi all!
So I'm back on Y and R for a couple of shows. And it looks like I'll be going back to Genoa city here and there, once in a while. and that's awesome! Thanks for watching Y and R and DOOL! xoxoxoxoxoxo
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eileen-Davidson/95364886346?hc_location=timeline

Her next appearance on Y&R outside of the Thanksgiving stuff should be tomorrow. I know their having her meddle with Abby & Tyler but so far that's about it. I'm not saying she's couldn't be back at Y&R but so far there's only been a handful of episodes with her in it and no official announcement from ED or the show that she's been put on recurring status.
That is the quote I'm talking about. She doesn't say "recurring", but that's the status she's talking about when she mentions "going back...here and there, once in a while". She should be doing that with Days, even if it's Susan that she's playing and not Kristen (I'd rather see Susan a million times more than Kristen...she is the way better character).

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

She JUST left days a few months ago. Why would she go back already? She's been away from Y&R for a year and a half now and the work load for her on that show is easier to manage because:

a) she's been on the show for years and is used to their filming schedule
b) She's basically a pop up character with no storylines so she doesn't film as much as the other actors.

ED has an obvious preference towards Y&R because it is her HOME soap. Even if she does like playing Kristen more than Ashley, she's still going to prefer the show where she's most comfortable at and that's the most stable for her.

I don't get why that's such a big deal. :shrug:

rebelstarter

Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:51 PM
Because Kristen, Susan, etc. are better characters than Ashley, Days is a better soap than Y&R, and her return to Y&R feels like a huge betrayal to Days/Kristen/Susan fans. I don't get how you can't see that.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Because I'm not 5?

ED is a grown woman who wants to do what's best for her and her family. I'm not going to feel "betrayed" just because she's not playing my favorite Days character for the time being.

I mean, Kristen was gone for 14/15 years and we finally got her back for awhile. I'm pretty satisfied with that in itself.
Edited by Panda Panda, Dec 1 2013, 05:59 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 05:52 PM
Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:51 PM
Because Kristen, Susan, etc. are better characters than Ashley, Days is a better soap than Y&R, and her return to Y&R feels like a huge betrayal to Days/Kristen/Susan fans. I don't get how you can't see that.
I don't get how you can't see a lot of things but please review our rules before posting again.

Just because something feels like a betrayal, doesn't mean it is.

rebelstarter

Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:55 PM
Because I'm not 5?

ED is a grown woman who wants to do what's best for her and her family. I'm not going to feel "betrayed" just because she's not playing my favorite Days character for the time being.

I mean, Kristen was gone for 14/15 years and we finally got her back for awhile. I'm pretty satisfied with that in itself.
I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with what Tomsell wrote for Eileen. They got Kristen all wrong, AND they failed to bring back her best character, Susan. I would rather she had never come back at all than the awful handling that we got. No explanation for how she escaped the dungeon, no shocking moment of revelation when John and Marlena (and the rest of Salem) learned that their most-hated enemy Kristen was really alive! Her return story should have been as epic as her exit story, and it wasn't. Tomsell, like all things they write because they are hacks, got it wrong.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply