Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Soap interview with Eileen Davidson (Days and Y&R)
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM (2,606 Views)
rebelstarter

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 05:58 PM
Just because something feels like a betrayal, doesn't mean it is.
It absolutely is. She ditched Days for Y&R, leaving Kristen/Susan fans in the dust. I don't think she ever wanted to return to Days at all. If she truly cared about the show, character, and fans, she wouldn't have bolted when her contract expired. She would have renegotiated for a better deal and stayed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:55 PM
Because I'm not 5?

I literally snorted.

But for real, who knows what Eileen's true intentions were? Days films much further out than any other show, so while we were just seeing her leave and then she's on Y&R the next day, the timeline gets confusing. Maybe she only needed a 3 month break or she was tired of shooting a months worth of episodes in a week. Woman can do what she wants.

Besides, Sony pretty much told her she was going back to Days. She did what they sent her to do and that was that. We knew she wasn't going to be on long.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Dec 1 2013, 06:52 PM.

rebelstarter

Spencer Hastings
Dec 1 2013, 06:51 PM
We knew she wasn't going to be on long.
No we didn't. She always had the option to renew her contract.

thepadange

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 05:52 PM
Panda Panda
Dec 1 2013, 05:51 PM
I don't get why that's such a big deal. :shrug:
Because Kristen, Susan, etc. are better characters than Ashley, Days is a better soap than Y&R, and her return to Y&R feels like a huge betrayal to Days/Kristen/Susan fans. I don't get how you can't see that.
Betrayal? It's just a job she is doing. And if she has several alternatives she has the right to choose the offer/deal that suits her best, like all of us, normal people. Even if she will be back at Y&R full-time it doesn't have to mean that she doesn't "love" Days, her character or fans there. Being not familiar with details of potential contracts the shows have to offer we can't even know the real reason why she chooses one or another show, let alone suddenly feel betrayed because of that.

Mason
Member Avatar

Good grief. Why is there such entitlement when it comes to Eileen Davidson and Days of Our Lives? She doesn't owe the show a thing nor should she be expected to stay there forever if that's not what she wants. She's not an indentured servant. And this is all coming from someone who spent over a decade's time begging, pleading and praying for her to return to DAYS.

rebelstarter

Because Eileen belongs on Days. Have you watched Y&R? Kristen, Susan, etc. blow boring old Ashley out of the water. I am mostly pissed because those hacks Tomsell squandered their opportunity to have Eileen reprise the roles of Susan and Sister Mary Moira (it also would have been fun for EJ to meet Uncle Thomas, and for Penelope to make a ghostly appearance). Still, it stings that she would go back to the awful Y&R when she could have come back to Days after a few months' break. It's like she doesn't care about this show or its fans.
Edited by rebelstarter, Dec 1 2013, 08:08 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 08:07 PM
Because Eileen belongs on Days. Have you watched Y&R? Kristen, Susan, etc. blow boring old Ashley out of the water. I am mostly pissed because those hacks Tomsell squandered their opportunity to have Eileen reprise the roles of Susan and Sister Mary Moira (it also would have been fun for EJ to meet Uncle Thomas, and for Penelope to make a ghostly appearance). Still, it stings that she would go back to the awful Y&R when she could have come back to Days after a few months' break. It's like she doesn't care about this show or its fans.
So you would let the wishes of people you've never met dictate how you live your life?

I swear, you would think this poor woman had "Exclusive Property of Corday Productions" branded on her ass.

rebelstarter

She shouldn't have even come back in the first place if all she was going to do was tease us for a year. They didn't even get her return story right!

rebelstarter

Eileen played Ashley for 13+ years...she could have at least give us two.

The evidence speaks for itself. If she wanted to be on Days, she'd be on Days. But she went back to Y&R and that's where she is now.

Sony's "plan" has left Days fans upset and angry. Although it seemed like we won in 2012, we got the short end of the stick here.

My roommate watches Y&R, and if I enter the room and Ashley is onscreen, I get sad and upset.
Edited by rebelstarter, Dec 1 2013, 08:36 PM.

Graceland
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 06:47 PM
lysie
Dec 1 2013, 05:58 PM
Just because something feels like a betrayal, doesn't mean it is.
It absolutely is. She ditched Days for Y&R, leaving Kristen/Susan fans in the dust. I don't think she ever wanted to return to Days at all. If she truly cared about the show, character, and fans, she wouldn't have bolted when her contract expired. She would have renegotiated for a better deal and stayed.
You're so off the mark it isn't even funny. She had the option of leaving after three months. She stayed. She asked for double the work because she took a paycut after Y&R. That's why she got so worn out. They offered her whatever she wanted in order to stay, even giving her the option to leave and come back in a couple of months. She said that she couldn't even think about it then because she was so exhausted. The reason why she didn't go for a better offer is because other members of the cast get special accommodations (Sweeney). She didn't want anyone waiting on her, or anyone becoming resentful.

She already stated that the material the show gave her was the best material she's ever received in her entire career.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Please stop speaking for Days/ED/Kristen fans. I can speak for myself and even if I couldn't I don't recall voting for your election as the new "Voice" of the fans. :huh:

ED is not a puppet on strings being pulled by her fans. She can do whatever she feels is best for her and her career. If someone doesn't like then that's just tough shit.

Graceland
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 08:31 PM
Eileen played Ashley for 13+ years...she could have at least give us two.

The evidence speaks for itself. If she wanted to be on Days, she'd be on Days. But she went back to Y&R and that's where she is now.

Sony's "plan" has left Days fans upset and angry. Although it seemed like we won in 2012, we got the short end of the stick here.

My roommate watches Y&R, and if I enter the room and Ashley is onscreen, I get sad and upset.
You're sad and upset to the point that you're making stuff up. Calm down. Eileen only worked two-three days on the episodes that have been airing in the last two months. She didn't resign to Y&R for a long term gig. These are one-off appearances. The public wants her on Days, not Y&R, and Sony knows this. Eileen loves Days, and I'm sure she'll return. She did Y&R earlier this year too. This isn't sudden.

Graceland
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 1 2013, 12:02 PM
I don't understand why there's so much misinformation out there about her exit. She didn't say she left because of scheduling or being exhausted. She most likely left exactly when she planned to from the beginning.
She did say that. She said that the schedule was brutal, and that she was exhausted. She was actually blanking in scenes. She was also upset sometimes that she didn't get to do one more take when she felt that she could have done the scene better. However, she praised her stint on the show more than anything. She also said that she signed on for one year and had the option of leaving after three months.

Graceland
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
I don't understand why there's so much misinformation out there about her exit. She didn't say she left because of scheduling or being exhausted. She most likely left exactly when she planned to from the beginning.
And that's what bothered me. She had no long-term interest in being on Days. She just went right back to Y&R like she did in 1999. Ugh.
No, she was already doing Y&R at the same time she was doing Days earlier this year. It's the first time she's done more than one show, and she enjoys doing that. She never had the option before like with other actors. Y&R held her captive for years. They wouldn't share her when Days wanted her back in the mid-00s.

lysie
Member Avatar

Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 09:40 PM
lysie
She did say that. She said that the schedule was brutal, and that she was exhausted. She was actually blanking in scenes. She was also upset sometimes that she didn't get to do one more take when she felt that she could have done the scene better. However, she praised her stint on the show more than anything. She also said that she signed on for one year and had the option of leaving after three months.
I know what she said. She left because her contract ended, though.

I'm so sick of this conversation.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 1 2013, 03:59 PM
rebelstarter
lysie
And that's what bothered me. She had no long-term interest in being on Days. She just went right back to Y&R like she did in 1999. Ugh.
She left Days in 1998, so she didn't go right back to Y&R.
She wasn't even going to do another soap after Days. I forget who it was, but someone told her about the schedule at Y&R, and she was convinced to give it a shot.

rebelstarter

Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 09:42 PM
rebelstarter
lysie
No, she was already doing Y&R at the same time she was doing Days earlier this year. It's the first time she's done more than one show, and she enjoys doing that. She never had the option before like with other actors. Y&R held her captive for years. They wouldn't share her when Days wanted her back in the mid-00s.
I don't think Y&R will share her again. And she returned in March under special circumstances: Y&R's 40th anniversary. I don't know, I just don't feel optimistic that Eileen will ever return. Frankly, I have no desire to see Kristen again unless her crazy is dialed up to 12 and Susan appears along with her. The story she got this time around was not worthy of Kristen's legacy.

lysie
Member Avatar

Graceland
rebelstarter
lysie
Sigh.

Did that happen multiple times, because the story has always been that Y&R wasn't the one that needed to share. B&B was. She and JM were on B&B when they wanted to borrow LK, and the story was that there was a deal between Days and B&B, and Days chose not to cash in on that agreement.

Graceland
Member Avatar

lysie
Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 09:40 PM
lysie
I know what she said. She left because her contract ended, though.

I'm so sick of this conversation.
You'd have to expand on that a bit more. Some seem to be on a tangent about her contract. She told the show months in advance that she didn't intend to resign. The show asked for more time towards the conclusion of her contract and she gave them an extra week. The only reason she didn't resign was due to exhaustion and not having time for anything else. It's that simple. She said that she won't even think about joining another show until next year at the earliest.

She didn't leave because she wanted to do Y&R. That's the bottom line for everyone here who might be preaching that.

rebelstarter

Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 09:48 PM
She said that she won't even think about joining another show until next year at the earliest.
Yet she's back on Y&R, so she's obviously thought about (and acted on) it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply