Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Soap interview with Eileen Davidson (Days and Y&R)
Topic Started: Nov 27 2013, 12:17 PM (2,587 Views)
Graceland
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 09:45 PM
Graceland
Dec 1 2013, 09:42 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 01:14 PM
lysie
Dec 1 2013, 12:02 PM
I don't understand why there's so much misinformation out there about her exit. She didn't say she left because of scheduling or being exhausted. She most likely left exactly when she planned to from the beginning.
And that's what bothered me. She had no long-term interest in being on Days. She just went right back to Y&R like she did in 1999. Ugh.
No, she was already doing Y&R at the same time she was doing Days earlier this year. It's the first time she's done more than one show, and she enjoys doing that. She never had the option before like with other actors. Y&R held her captive for years. They wouldn't share her when Days wanted her back in the mid-00s.
I don't think Y&R will share her again. And she returned in March under special circumstances: Y&R's 40th anniversary. I don't know, I just don't feel optimistic that Eileen will ever return. Frankly, I have no desire to see Kristen again unless her crazy is dialed up to 12 and Susan appears along with her. The story she got this time around was not worthy of Kristen's legacy.
Y&R doesn't have a choice. Sony is now pulling the strings. They cancelled her contract with them to get on her Days because they wouldn't play ball. Y&R would be playing with fire if they stood in her way. They fired her before. They then threw her over to their sister soap and then put her on recurring status. This isn't a show that she has the greatest history with in terms of material and behind the scenes wranglings. Honestly, they better with hiring her to do a few episodes from time to time when they actually have something for her to do. These shows don't have the money to just have someone sit around, do nothing and get paid for years on end anymore.

Next year's Daytime Emmy Awards should be interesting for her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply