Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
As requested, maps of Salem; Official show versions from 1992 & 1999!
Topic Started: Nov 28 2013, 01:41 AM (1,578 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

1992 map sent to fans of official Days club...
Posted Image

1999 two-page map in Tour of Salem book...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hummm
Member Avatar

Ty and Awesome. ;)

anya
Member Avatar

This makes my head hurt.

urbanlegend
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I loved the Tour of Salem book as a kid

Mayholidays

Thanks Jason :)

JaneDigby

Thx Jason. So Maggie and Mickey had a mansion in 92?

blueskies
Member Avatar

What happened to Brock tree Mental hospital?

Also they had Bay view Sanatorium too? They needed two mental hospitals? Lol
Edited by blueskies, Nov 28 2013, 04:19 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Nov 28 2013, 04:15 PM
It started out as Nick Corelli's mansion, where he hid out after "dying." Then Steve & Kayla moved in and found the old diary of Emily & Gideon, when they had their Civil War/South Carolina storyline, then Mickey/Maggie moved in around 1990 or so (I'd have to check the set lists to see exactly when). But then Mickey/Maggie's House was hardly ever seen (if ever) after 1991 or so. It was a new set (perhaps new house) when they brought their house back for the Melaswen storyline in 2003.

JaneDigby

Jason47
Nov 28 2013, 05:15 PM
JaneDigby
It started out as Nick Corelli's mansion, where he hid out after "dying." Then Steve & Kayla moved in and found the old diary of Emily & Gideon, when they had their Civil War/South Carolina storyline, then Mickey/Maggie moved in around 1990 or so (I'd have to check the set lists to see exactly when). But then Mickey/Maggie's House was hardly ever seen (if ever) after 1991 or so. It was a new set (perhaps new house) when they brought their house back for the Melaswen storyline in 2003.
Wow, I remember that now. Excellent memory and memories, as always, Jason. Lots of mansions in Salem. Let's pretend it was some 19th century spa town like Newport. ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Also, I could swear that the Kiriakis Mansion was originally next door/across the street from the Curtis/Chandler/original DiMera Mansion

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Jason, those maps are awesome. Thanks so much!

Jason47
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Nov 28 2013, 05:28 PM
Jason47
JaneDigby
Wow, I remember that now. Excellent memory and memories, as always, Jason. Lots of mansions in Salem. Let's pretend it was some 19th century spa town like Newport. ;)
Well, a little bit of a "cheat" for the memory. Last year, I watched all of the 1990 episodes to compile the daily scene-by-scenes for each episode, so that year happens to be fresh in my memory!! :)

Pookie
Member Avatar

Thanks for the maps!

jwsel
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 28 2013, 10:26 PM
JaneDigby
Nov 28 2013, 05:28 PM
Jason47
JaneDigby
Well, a little bit of a "cheat" for the memory. Last year, I watched all of the 1990 episodes to compile the daily scene-by-scenes for each episode, so that year happens to be fresh in my memory!! :)
Mickey and Maggie bought the mansion at the end of 1990. They arranged to buy it when Steve and Kayla were planning their trip around the world. Kayla signed the papers right after returning from Alamainia.

The Tour through Salem map is a little strange. The Kiriakis mansion is supposed to be on the outskirts of town. Shane made a point of wanting to be closer to town when he offered to sell it to Victor. It also should be right near the Curtis house because the stables at the Curtis mansion are easily accessible from Victor's house.

Also, wasn't Jump part of The Body Connection? I thought they shared a building.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I loved the Tour Through Salem map. That's the map I use in my head when thinking about Salem.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jason47
JaneDigby
I don't think Mickey and Maggie's 2003 house was a new set. In fact, it was the Wesley house. And before that, it was the Blake house.

nanasmiles

This puts a face on Salem, anyway. How do you go about watching all the old episodes? I would like to do that.

Jason47
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Nov 29 2013, 09:40 PM
How do you go about watching all the old episodes? I would like to do that.
I just put in a tape of any episode from 1984-present if I want to watch one, but you'd need a 30-year collection of tapes like I have to do that!! :)

mirabella

Thanks, Jason. The second, more detailed map makes Salem look like a much bigger place than the first one does. Also, I couldn't locate the Brady Pub in the 1999 map. I may have overlooked it or just need stronger glasses. LOL! It's nice to have some sense of the town layout when watching the show. Thanks again!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Nov 28 2013, 05:32 PM
Also, I could swear that the Kiriakis Mansion was originally next door/across the street from the Curtis/Chandler/original DiMera Mansion
The Horton House & Roman/Marlena's House are also not in the right place. They're supposed to be across the street from each other. I remember multiple comments in the 80s from Alice about stuff happening (or not) at Roman & Marlena's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply