Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dropped stories over the years
Topic Started: Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM (4,375 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

bdboston
Dec 1 2013, 10:31 PM
I seem to recall a storyline that was in play as the "castaways" were escaping from yet another DiMera island right after the Melaswen. Weren't there other prisoners being held in cells on the island?
Colin Murphy was around for the rescue from the island. Then they kept Victor/Caroline and Jack/Cassie in castle cells for a long time, since they couldn't have Victor come back to Salem too soon (before Jan went into the coma, since she was the one who killed him, unlike the other Melaswen victims), and they kept Jack/Cassie in the castle since Jim Reilly hated writing for Jack and Alexis Thorpe was the only one of the actors to refuse to sign a new contract with the show and barely appeared after she was killed in the piņata the year before.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Carly
Dec 1 2013, 09:06 PM
One dropped storyine I've always been curious about is the blackmail info that Sami had on Kate back in 1996. If I recall correctly, Sami found a box (or maybe it was an envelope) that Kate had hidden at the Kiriakis mansion. The box contained three secrets that Sami used to blackmail Kate. One secret was that Kate had hired Franco to break up Bo and Hope. The second secret was that Kate had once been a prostitute. And then there was a third secret that Sami said was the most shocking thing ever, and Kate was desperate to keep this secret hidden.

But then Carrie and Mike discovered that Austin wasn't Will's father, and all of Sami's lies were exposed. Then I think Sami blackmailed Kate into hiring her at Countess Wilhelmina, and Sami's storyline segued into her relationship with Franco. So, the "Kate's box of secrets" storyline was dropped, and I don't think we ever learned any details about the third shocking secret that Sami had discovered about Kate. (I think the dropped storyline might've coincided with JER's exit as head writer.)
I always thought Kate being Franco's boss was a rewrite. There were several times during his first year on the show when he would be talking to his boss on the phone and in the same episode Kate was having scenes with someone else. He even said in one scene "Let them know I'm moving in with the Bradys".

That storyline never really got a satisfying ending. Franco was phased over to the Sami/Lucas story while Bo and Hope started investigating Hope's missing years. By the time Bo and Hope found out the truth, Franco was already dead. Bo confronted Kate about it but I don't remember if Hope ever did.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 10:34 PM
bdboston
I seem to recall a storyline that was in play as the "castaways" were escaping from yet another DiMera island right after the Melaswen. Weren't there other prisoners being held in cells on the island?
Colin Murphy was around for the rescue from the island. Then they kept Victor/Caroline and Jack/Cassie in castle cells for a long time, since they couldn't have Victor come back to Salem too soon (before Jan went into the coma, since she was the one who killed him, unlike the other Melaswen victims), and they kept Jack/Cassie in the castle since Jim Reilly hated writing for Jack and Alexis Thorpe was the only one of the actors to refuse to sign a new contract with the show and barely appeared after she was killed in the piņata the year before.
I was wondering why they kept Cassie in that stupid castle and why she went upstairs, never to return again. I guess the pinata death wasn't appreciated, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 10:16 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 08:32 PM
Jason47
Dec 1 2013, 08:18 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM
-Eric's Mysterious Past
When Eric returned to Salem in 1997, it was implied that some secret events had kept him out of Salem for the past few years. In February 1998, an actress named Christine Wilson was cast in the role of Taylor Raines, and her shoes were seen following Eric through Salem Place. At the last minute, the character was written out and the mysterious stalker turned out to be Jed Fox, a character who had framed Eric for sexual assault. The name "Taylor" was later reused several months later for Nicole's sister.
The mysterious shoes were supposed to be Nicole's sister, Taylor. But it was re-written to be Jed Fox and they held the Taylor character back for another year. It wasn't a re-use of the character's name. Taylor was supposed to follow her sister Nicole to Salem right away, it just took much longer than originally planned!!
The character's original last name was Raines. It was in an issue of SOD around that time announcing the casting.
Yes, Taylor Raines is Nicole's sister. That's how she was always billed when Kate Ellis played her. And I have every issue of SOD and SOW in my collection, so I'm sure I read about that stuff back then. :)
It's not a dropped story, but the show never got around to explaining why Taylor was a Raines.

In 2008, Stefano implanted something in Joey Johnson's arm. That story never went anywhere.
Edited by six, Dec 1 2013, 11:57 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I love this thread for some reason. Never understood how Victor could be on that island when he was clearly electrocuted by the likes of crazy Jan Spears. And what was the point in having Colin Murphy there too??

The Marlena clones story needs to be revisited. There's ways they could make that insanely interesting! For example, what if John returned and thought he had already worked things out with Marlena because he's spent the past few months with "her"? Lol. I'd be so here for that.

rebelstarter

I would love for Stefano to kidnap Marlena, then John gets a lead that Marlena's been spotted in Rome, Barcelona, Paris, etc. When he catches up with them, they are doppelgangers played by Andrea Hall-Gengler!

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Jason47
bdboston
I thought they had discussed the possibility of other "dead" characters being in the holding cells on the island, including Steve Johnson and, potentially, Isabella. Maybe I just dreamed that. :)

james0479
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Dec 2 2013, 10:07 AM
Jason47
bdboston
I thought they had discussed the possibility of other "dead" characters being in the holding cells on the island, including Steve Johnson and, potentially, Isabella. Maybe I just dreamed that. :)
That sounds familiar actually. I looooooooooved Isabella and have always wanted her back BUT also not because it's the one true real death I remember being done 100% the right way. When John was holding Izzy B in his arms on that balcony in... Paris? And her arms dropped, no music in the background just the sounds of a grown man beginning to cry.....shit, this little fanboy LOST it! Lol

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

IMO the biggest dropped story is the Marlena clones...because we freaking SAW them and there is just no way to explain that away.

There are another 4 or 5 Marlena's out there somewhere.

paul89

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 09:39 PM
paul89
Dec 1 2013, 08:45 PM
rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 08:32 PM
paul89
Dec 1 2013, 08:27 PM
what year was the john and hope ?? i would love to see that clip

1997. Specifically, September-October.

and rolf is there ??
Yep!

cant :( fine it any where :(

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

james0479
Dec 2 2013, 11:05 AM
Renee Dimera
Dec 2 2013, 10:07 AM
Jason47
bdboston
That sounds familiar actually. I looooooooooved Isabella and have always wanted her back BUT also not because it's the one true real death I remember being done 100% the right way. When John was holding Izzy B in his arms on that balcony in... Paris? And her arms dropped, no music in the background just the sounds of a grown man beginning to cry.....shit, this little fanboy LOST it! Lol
Me too, love, me too. :'(

rebelstarter

Mitchapalooza
Dec 2 2013, 12:12 PM
IMO the biggest dropped story is the Marlena clones...because we freaking SAW them and there is just no way to explain that away.

There are another 4 or 5 Marlena's out there somewhere.
Plus there is Hattie. I never understood why Stefano wanted to turn Hattie into Marlena when he already had several Marlena lookalikes under his employ.

Now Hattie was a dropped story too! When Andrea Hall played her, Stefano wanted her to switch places with Marlena. But Joe Mascolo and Andrea Hall both left the show in June 2001 and the story was dropped. When Deidre started playing Hattie in April 2004, Stefano had succeeded in making her exactly like Marlena, but his plan to switch them never came to fruition.

I think it would be fun for Andrea to play one or all of the Marlena clones if they revisited that topic. It's been 18 years since they were last seen, and it would make sense due to environmental factors and so on that some would look more like Andrea than Deidre.

Gregory Dimera
Member Avatar

Hi guys, I'm new. This is actually my first post! Anyway when I was a kid a remember when roman/john was dating Diana Colville ( Genie Francis ) after Deidre Hall had left, &'Marlena was " Dead ". When Roman, & Diana were on screen they were often being watched by a mostly unseen woman. You would see maybe her shoes, & hands, but nothing else, however Marlena's name would often be randomly brought up! I don't know if perhaps Deidre had been in talks at the time to return though she didn't till years later, or if maybe they were toying with a replacement actress? Either way it seemed clear that it was intended to be Marlena, but nothing came of it. Plus when she did eventually return it was revealed that despite giving birth, she had actually been in a coma all that time. Anybody remember that one?

rebelstarter

Welcome to the board! I don't remember much of Diana or the mystery woman watching her and Roman/John.

I think when Marlena was being held at Maison Blanche, Stefano revealed he had taught her how to place chess while he was holding her captive on the island. I still think there is more to her missing years with Stefano than simply giving birth to the Gemini twins and being in a coma.
Edited by rebelstarter, Dec 2 2013, 03:34 PM.

OliveAnn

Didn't Cwickly and Brash start a whole bunch of storylines that were never materialized? I think they dropped a lot of hints at somebody's (Stefano's?) funeral, but were fired shortly afterwards.

There was a whole bunch of characters introduced that never went anywhere, especially in summer of 2009. Like Ciara's kidnapper. The actor was even on contract, so there were plans for him, but none of it came true.

I think a Philip/Belle/Shawn triangle was first planned back in 1999, but Philip got recast with JKJ and the idea was abandoned.

And let us say thanks for MarDar being let go before the riduculous paternity switches thay had planned played out entirely.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Gregory Dimera
Dec 2 2013, 03:17 PM
Hi guys, I'm new. This is actually my first post! Anyway when I was a kid a remember when roman/john was dating Diana Colville ( Genie Francis ) after Deidre Hall had left, &'Marlena was " Dead ". When Roman, & Diana were on screen they were often being watched by a mostly unseen woman. You would see maybe her shoes, & hands, but nothing else, however Marlena's name would often be randomly brought up! I don't know if perhaps Deidre had been in talks at the time to return though she didn't till years later, or if maybe they were toying with a replacement actress? Either way it seemed clear that it was intended to be Marlena, but nothing came of it. Plus when she did eventually return it was revealed that despite giving birth, she had actually been in a coma all that time. Anybody remember that one?
They had resolution to this storyline. The woman that was watching Diana & Roman was an actress that Stefano hired (and then held as prisoner). There was a scene where you finally saw the actress' face and she told Diana (and Roman maybe) something along the lines of a crazy man had been holding her captive, and the last we saw of her was her running away as quick as she could. PS: I only remember this in good detail because I did 1988 research in the past few years.
Edited by Jason47, Dec 2 2013, 03:56 PM.

Gregory Dimera
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 2 2013, 03:56 PM
Gregory Dimera
They had resolution to this storyline. The woman that was watching Diana & Roman was an actress that Stefano hired (and then held as prisoner). There was a scene where you finally saw the actress' face and she told Diana (and Roman maybe) something along the lines of a crazy man had been holding her captive, and the last we saw of her was her running away as quick as she could. PS: I only remember this in good detail because I did 1988 research in the past few years.
Wow thanks! I hadn't seen that resolution, so great to know it actually was addressed! Was she a look a like?

Gregory Dimera
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 2 2013, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the board! I don't remember much of Diana or the mystery woman watching her and Roman/John.

I think when Marlena was being held at Maison Blanche, Stefano revealed he had taught her how to place chess while he was holding her captive on the island. I still think there is more to her missing years with Stefano than simply giving birth to the Gemini twins and being in a coma.
Hi rebel starter , actually I have always thought they should explore the years of Marlena missing. She was gone for quite a bit, & only some of it was covered. So much storyline could come from it IMO! She could have another child, lost memory's etc... I actually think at some point they WILL give Marlena a long lost child. Wether it was from the missing years, a twin of Belles, or something crazier like the miscarriage she had with Roman not being dead.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Gregory Dimera
Dec 2 2013, 04:06 PM
Jason47
Dec 2 2013, 03:56 PM
Gregory Dimera
Wow thanks! I hadn't seen that resolution, so great to know it actually was addressed! Was she a look a like?
No. that's why they never showed her face (only her legs/arms/etc...), since they wanted the audience to think it was the real Marlena being held prisoner. Connie Hilliard played the role.

tylerbo20

who makes the call to scrap these stories most of them would have paid off well...unlike the garbage we were forced to watch from 2001-2011

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply