Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dropped stories over the years
Topic Started: Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM (4,247 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Personally, I think there's a chance it's John, too. It just seemed like we were leading toward a John reveal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

drewdimera

Trying to remember some from the murky mists of my brain. It's been awhile.

In early 2001, there was some talk of Marlena being kidnapped by Stefano again (and replaced with Hattie) and that he would have grabbed her during the bombing of Tuscany. Hattie would have divorced John and gone back to Roman (because Hattie had no love for John and had a thing for Roman). This was during a bizarre period where Stefano actually did muse about having John and Lexie raise Hope's baby together. The whole thing was dropped in the end (Deidre's twin left the show, as did Joe) but here's the interesting part: Marlena was going to find herself in a dungeon with a sobbing woman who was holding a photo of John Black and who kept saying "John" over and over. And the woman was going to be Isabella Toscano, except it was really a deranged Kristen after plastic surgery (I'm assuming Staci Greason said hell no, because none of this ever came to pass). Eileen was briefly free of Y&R during this time and then talk turned to just bringing Kristen back period. I'm not sure how she would have fared in early 2000s Salem.

Chloe's conception was long veiled in mystery and melodrama. There were some serious rumors (circa 2001/02) that Chloe would turn out to be a Di Mera... her father was going to be Tony, who apparently had a one-night stand with a young Nancy. Chloe as a Di Mera would have made sense. Nadia could play that, but I am glad Craig turned out to be her dad.

Sami was rumored to be about to get possessed ala Marlena in the fall of 2003. Why the devil would bother with Sami, I have no clue.

rebelstarter

John being her father was waaaaaay, waaaaaay too obvious!

drewdimera

Through some rip in time, Greta's father is going to be revealed as Dr. Daniel Jonas.

rebelstarter

I just threw up!

Nate
Member Avatar

John being a Brady and DiMera.

Carly
Member Avatar

six
Dec 3 2013, 12:42 PM
Personally, I think there's a chance it's John, too. It just seemed like we were leading toward a John reveal.
Yeah, I always thought that John was Greta's father. Maybe Greta lied and said that John wasn't her father because she didn't want to cause any more drama in John's life.

And on the subject of "Who's the Daddy?" situations, here's another dropped storyline I'm really curious about: When EJ first arrived in Salem in 2006, Carrie said that EJ looked very familiar. However, that plot point was never mentioned again, and we later learned that EJ was the child of Susan and Stefano.

So, I've always wondered if JER originally had a different backstory planned for EJ. I thought that EJ would turn out to be the long-lost child of Tony and Anna. And maybe Carrie had once seen an old photo that Anna had of EJ, which would explain why Carrie said that EJ looked familiar. (I think James Reilly got fired as DAYS' headwriter shortly before EJ's true identity was revealed. Does anyone know if Reilly had originally intended for EJ to be someone other than Susan and Stefano's child?)

Ifyouleavemenow

I remember back in the fall of 2002, there was supposed to be a big story featuring Tony, Marlena, and John, and I even remember there was a cover story on the front of Soap Opera Weekly saying that the story was being dropped. I believe it had something to do with Rex and Cassie. Also, during that same time, Joe Mascolo was supposed to return for a 3 episode arc since Lauren Koslow went back to B&B for 3 episodes as Margo, and SOW was calling it the great soap swap, but it never came to pass.

tylerbo20

I remember that too...oh well I also remember the ooze and the magic can with the teen scene back in the 2000's I wonder what that was all about? and remember the evil will doll? I heard it was going to be a chucky storyline and start killing people...(just kidding)

nananana7

tylerbo20
Dec 3 2013, 07:32 PM
I also remember the ooze and the magic can with the teen scene back in the 2000's I wonder what that was all about?

Yeah the "goop". What was that?

Edited by nananana7, Dec 3 2013, 09:10 PM.

Carly
Member Avatar

Here's a dropped storyline from two years ago: After Jack returned to Salem in 2011, Jen attended a Halloween party at Horton Square and was stalked by a man wearing a scary mask. Jen accused Jack of being the man in the mask, but Jack said that he was visiting JJ in England at the time of the Halloween party. (I think Jen called JJ to verify Jack's alibi.) So, it seemed like some dangerous person was stalking Jen, and there was speculation that the masked man might be one of the opium smugglers that Jack escaped from in Afghanistan. But then the storyline was dropped, and the masked man was never mentioned again.

So, was the masked man supposed to be part of a larger storyline, or was the masked man just another excuse for Jen to yell at Jack?

rebelstarter

I remember that. I think there was supposed to be some more intrigue there, but who knows?

tylerbo20

Vivian and lily gave each other weird looks..my dear Vivian had soo many dropped storylines

DeeDee Barone
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 3 2013, 01:55 AM
DeeDee Barone
Dec 3 2013, 01:23 AM
Gabby and Duck were supposed to be hiding a mysterious secret on Tinda Lau - they never followed up on that.
Hmmm...the secret was what Duck's real first name was!! :)
Ahh that sounds about on par with some of the stories that were playing out around then. :yahoo:

paul89

the show should bring back Larare Horton Marlena needs her friend back

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Romance possibilities for Hope with other men. Somehow it is always ok to pair Bo with other women, while Hope is left heartbroken, alone, miserable and wasting her time pining over him. And yet, the slightest hint of Hope moving on with someone else causes a riot.
Edited by MissFancyFace, Dec 4 2013, 08:40 AM.

rebelstarter

paul89
Dec 4 2013, 02:47 AM
the show should bring back Larare Horton Marlena needs her friend back
I'd kill for a Kate/Bill/Laura triangle!

rebelstarter

Another story that was dropped was John being the son of Daphne DiMera. When "Tony" (really Andre) returned in 2002, a letter from Daphne revealed that she had secretly had a child (unbeknownst to Stefano) and given it to her sister Philomena Alamain and her husband Leopold. This child was supposedly Forrest Alamain, aka John Black, which meant John and the real Tony were half-brothers. Now, when John/Forrest was revealed to be Ryan Brady-DiMera, this thread was dropped.

If the Alamains adopted Ryan Brady and renamed him Forrest, AND they adopted Daphne's child, that can only mean Lawrence Alamain is the son of Daphne!

We know that Daphne had an affair with the DiMera gardner that produced Tony. What if she noticed Stefano's evil influence on Tony, and after getting pregnant with Stefano's biological child, she kept the pregnancy a secret and gave the child to her sister to protect him from the DiMera evil? If Lawrence is a DiMera, that would explain why John and Lawrence's blood test was a match in the early 90s when John learned he was Forrest Alamain.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 4 2013, 08:33 AM
Romance possibilities for Hope with other men. Somehow it is always ok to pair Bo with other women, while Hope is left heartbroken, alone, miserable and wasting her time pining over him. And yet, the slightest hint of Hope moving on with someone else causes a riot.
Change Hope out for Marlena and bam, truth. It's weird how the men are the only ones ever given others trying to "get them". These ladies are hot, PTB. Why aren't men fighting each other to get them? Plus, it's tiring to have some wacko lady trying to get the man, and failing every time. Same old, same old. And Patrick had to be evil, just like Alex did. Don't get me wrong, Alex was an awful, awful character in an equally awful story, but Patrick had potential!

It's the same for every supercouple, except for Jack and Jennifer. It's Jen who gets the attention. I'm sick of it, for sure. These women are far more interesting than their males. Plus, we know everything about the guys by now.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'd actually go for a Maggie/Victor/Laura/Bill/Kate/Don roundelay that eventually ends up with Bill/Laura back together (and providing a solid older generational unit for the Horton family, including Jennifer, Lucas, & Mike and their children); Victor/Kate back together; and Don/Maggie together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply