Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dropped stories over the years
Topic Started: Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM (4,356 Views)
rebelstarter

Matt
Dec 4 2013, 11:33 AM
I'd actually go for a Maggie/Victor/Laura/Bill/Kate/Don roundelay that eventually ends up with Bill/Laura back together (and providing a solid older generational unit for the Horton family, including Jennifer, Lucas, & Mike and their children); Victor/Kate back together; and Don/Maggie together.
I would add Caroline to the mix. Ever since Grampa Shawn died, I have wanted her with Victor. I have always loved their relationship over the years. And I thought Don would be a good love interest for Maggie as well. I wonder what a Kate/Roman redux would be like if Wayne Northrop were in the role.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM

-The Item Under the Tarp
When John and Hope went to Stefano's jungle compound to save Roman, Hope was forbidden from lifting up a tarp covering something in Dr. Rolf's lab. He recognized her as Gina and it was implied that the mysterious object was connected to her missing years, but we never found out what it was.

There was another part to the Jungle story with regards to that tarp, a secret room/closet full of baby stuff. Hope and John came across it when they were doing some sort of recon and when they went back everything was gone, like it had never been there. Hope had mentioned the room a couple of times during the storyline and later after returning to Salem, but that was it.

paul89

rebelstarter
Dec 4 2013, 11:13 AM
paul89
Dec 4 2013, 02:47 AM
the show should bring back Larare Horton Marlena needs her friend back
I'd kill for a Kate/Bill/Laura triangle!

same here :) we need more horton's

rebelstarter

You know, I think the jungle compound tarp secret may have been resolved. Around Christmas 1998, Rolf returned from the jungle compound with a machine that allowed Stefano to view the original paintings that Gina had painted over in order to steal them. Perhaps this was the item under the tarp?

paul89

rebelstarter
Dec 4 2013, 01:51 PM
You know, I think the jungle compound tarp secret may have been resolved. Around Christmas 1998, Rolf returned from the jungle compound with a machine that allowed Stefano to view the original paintings that Gina had painted over in order to steal them. Perhaps this was the item under the tarp?

could be , but we need dr rolf back

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
He and his dimples are ALL hers!

The Room Stops
Dec 4 2013, 11:32 AM
MissFancyFace
Dec 4 2013, 08:33 AM
Romance possibilities for Hope with other men. Somehow it is always ok to pair Bo with other women, while Hope is left heartbroken, alone, miserable and wasting her time pining over him. And yet, the slightest hint of Hope moving on with someone else causes a riot.
Change Hope out for Marlena and bam, truth. It's weird how the men are the only ones ever given others trying to "get them". These ladies are hot, PTB. Why aren't men fighting each other to get them? Plus, it's tiring to have some wacko lady trying to get the man, and failing every time. Same old, same old. And Patrick had to be evil, just like Alex did. Don't get me wrong, Alex was an awful, awful character in an equally awful story, but Patrick had potential!

It's the same for every supercouple, except for Jack and Jennifer. It's Jen who gets the attention. I'm sick of it, for sure. These women are far more interesting than their males. Plus, we know everything about the guys by now.
Ain't THAT the truth! :hail:

Hope & Patrick had countless potential. So did Hope & Vargas. So do Hope and EJ. KA has MEGA chemistry with just about every man that is put in a scene with her. Romantic or otherwise.

But the show treats it's audience like morons. TIIC don't want to admit or acknowledge that their viewers know better than they do. Because that would mean that not only are they (TomHell & Co.) the ones who are complete jackasses, but that they also know little to nothing about their own product. And totally clueless as to how to improve it. They'd rather bury their heads even further up their butts and force feed characters and/or couples that they think the fans want to see.

jam6242
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 5 2013, 04:42 AM
The Room Stops
MissFancyFace
Romance possibilities for Hope with other men. Somehow it is always ok to pair Bo with other women, while Hope is left heartbroken, alone, miserable and wasting her time pining over him. And yet, the slightest hint of Hope moving on with someone else causes a riot.
Change Hope out for Marlena and bam, truth. It's weird how the men are the only ones ever given others trying to "get them". These ladies are hot, PTB. Why aren't men fighting each other to get them? Plus, it's tiring to have some wacko lady trying to get the man, and failing every time. Same old, same old. And Patrick had to be evil, just like Alex did. Don't get me wrong, Alex was an awful, awful character in an equally awful story, but Patrick had potential!

It's the same for every supercouple, except for Jack and Jennifer. It's Jen who gets the attention. I'm sick of it, for sure. These women are far more interesting than their males. Plus, we know everything about the guys by now.

Hope & Patrick had countless potential. So did Hope & Vargas. So do Hope and EJ. KA has MEGA chemistry with just about every man that is put in a scene with her. Romantic or otherwise.

But the show treats it's audience like morons. TIIC don't want to admit or acknowledge that their viewers know better than they do. Because that would mean that not only are they (TomHell & Co.) the ones who are complete jackasses, but that they also know little to nothing about their own product. And totally clueless as to how to improve it. They'd rather bury their heads even further up their butts and force feed characters and/or couples that they think the fans want to see.
I've never understood why Hope, as beautiful as she is, never had all the men in Salem falling at her feet. Not even when she was younger.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 5 2013, 04:42 AM
The Room Stops
MissFancyFace

Good grief, I wanted them to go with Hope and Vargas so badly. The chemistry was most definitely there. If the show was wise they'd get Sean Douglas back before he goes on to something else. Vargas is a tortured soul and it would be fascinating to watch him reform and transition through Hope's guidance and ...eventually... love.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I believe there was some kind of dropped sl with Vargas. Maybe not related to Hope but something was off there from seeing him counting down his days to get Nick and the close up of the ring he put on, then he helped Nick then poof busted and back to prison.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

rebelstarter
Dec 1 2013, 07:59 PM

-The Marlena Clones
During the possession story, Stefano wanted to kidnap Marlena and sent several lookalikes around the world as decoys. This was never picked up on again, even though Stefano would kidnap Marlena at least twice after the possession.

This never bothered me. I never thought of it as a separate storyline or something that was meant to last longer than it did. It was just Stefano's way of distracting the police from finding the real Marlena. And I never thought of them as clones or anything, just more of Stefano's magic face masks, i.e. Peter's face on Daniel in the casket and the imposter in the jail with the Stefano mask on.

-The Item Under the Tarp
When John and Hope went to Stefano's jungle compound to save Roman, Hope was forbidden from lifting up a tarp covering something in Dr. Rolf's lab. He recognized her as Gina and it was implied that the mysterious object was connected to her missing years, but we never found out what it was.

I try to block out that story, but I think they intended it to be a missing child either belonging to J&M or B&H. Remember they also found the closet full of children's toys.

-Eric's Mysterious Past
When Eric returned to Salem in 1997, it was implied that some secret events had kept him out of Salem for the past few years. In February 1998, an actress named Christine Wilson was cast in the role of Taylor Raines, and her shoes were seen following Eric through Salem Place. At the last minute, the character was written out and the mysterious stalker turned out to be Jed Fox, a character who had framed Eric for sexual assault. The name "Taylor" was later reused several months later for Nicole's sister.

Wow, I don't even remember any of that. I do remember the mysterious shot of the John Grisham novel when Eric first arrived.

lysie
Member Avatar

When Sami first came to Salem something had happened at school that made her runaway.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Maybe the headmaster got tired of her clomping around the school yard, and the teachers tired of her over-pronunciation of certain words, so they chased her away?
Edited by Panda Panda, Dec 7 2013, 08:58 PM.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Dec 7 2013, 08:57 PM
Maybe the headmaster got tired of her clomping around the school yard, and the teachers tired of her over-pronunciation of certain words, so they chased her away?
OMG watching old clips of her... she speaks with a "I'm the queen' attitude... She may still get annoying these days but at least shes not overacting like that anymore.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Is the mystery behind how Peter and Kristen's mother and father "died" considered a dropped story? I remember it being a little open ended because they had Rachel sprouting off a bunch of nonsense for awhile

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 08:50 PM
-The Item Under the Tarp

I try to block out that story, but I think they intended it to be a missing child either belonging to J&M or B&H. Remember they also found the closet full of children's toys.
In 2003 it was written that those toys belonged to Cassie and Rex. Of course they didn't exist in 1997 when Reilly wrote the jungle storyline.

From 7.00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDeu6Ymkw4

Lori

This is more recent, but the story behind Rafe's dead fiancee, Emily. It was mentioned and used for the silly story of Meredith holding him captive, but never really explained. Which is part of what makes Rafe such a poorly drawn character IMO. His history has never been filled in. We don't know where he's been, where he's lived, what he's been through, what really happened on that wedding day to Emily. We don't know where he's coming from, what life he's led before the safehouse. GG's got plenty of faults but that isn't his fault. There's just no there there with Rafe and there never has been, and that's on the writers.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Carly
Dec 3 2013, 09:32 PM
Here's a dropped storyline from two years ago: After Jack returned to Salem in 2011, Jen attended a Halloween party at Horton Square and was stalked by a man wearing a scary mask. Jen accused Jack of being the man in the mask, but Jack said that he was visiting JJ in England at the time of the Halloween party. (I think Jen called JJ to verify Jack's alibi.) So, it seemed like some dangerous person was stalking Jen, and there was speculation that the masked man might be one of the opium smugglers that Jack escaped from in Afghanistan. But then the storyline was dropped, and the masked man was never mentioned again.

So, was the masked man supposed to be part of a larger storyline, or was the masked man just another excuse for Jen to yell at Jack?
I always wondered about this, too. So much wasted potential with that Afghanistan/PTSD storyline. Instead, we got gambling websites and idiotic spa scenes.

Quote:

It's the same for every supercouple, except for Jack and Jennifer. It's Jen who gets the attention.

Talk about more wasted potential. With the exception of FauxJack's fling with who turned out to be Laura Horton and his ONS (rape?) with NotJennifer, Jack has never had a romance with anyone else since he was paired with Jennifer (and even those weren't romances, just sex). I would have killed to see him move on from Jennifer last go round into a REAL relationship (not just a flirtation) with either Billie or Nicole.

Did anyone mention Diana Colville getting stalked by someone who was heavily implied to be Marlena? I think that one got killed when Genie Francis left.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply