Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...Favorite Holiday Scenes
Topic Started: Dec 3 2013, 01:25 AM (3,644 Views)
IIttu
Member Avatar

Have to go with what's already being said..

- Baby Belle returned to Roman and Marlena 1993
- J&M charm bracelet scenes 1992
- J&J Santa proposal 1990
- J&M kiss when the Blacks take a pic with Santa 1996
- I love these scenes as well.. Bope angst/chemistry, singing, lots of characters that I care about, Alice and Tom + rest of the cast wishing a merry Christmas to the viewers.. etc

Xmas at the Horton's, Bo gives Hope a gift, 1984
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

These are some of my favorite holiday scenes that have clips available:

Christmas 1974-Doug has been deeply depressed since Addie's death and Hope is living with Tom and Alice. Julie tries to convince him to come to the Horton house to spend the day with Hope on her first Christmas. Starting around 6:11

Christmas 1993-Tom is in the hospital and the Hortons bring Christmas to Tom's hospital room. Abby's ornament is hung for the first time. Doug and Julie make a surprise appearance to announce they reunited and remarried off screen (after nearly 10 years of not being seen together). This is Tom's last Christmas.

Christmas 1983-Carrie is in a coma in the hospital. Roman is on the run but dresses as Santa so he can visit Carrie.

New Year's Eve 2009-Mickey can't spend New Year's Eve with Maggie. Julie encourages Maggie to join her and Doug for the evening. I like this scene because it's a good representation of Maggie and Julie's long friendship. Bonus-flashback of Mickey giving Maggie the red shoes. I believe that was a Christmas present.

Fourth of July 1983-Bo and Hope at the kissing booth.

Edited by jam6242, Dec 3 2013, 05:36 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 3 2013, 10:03 AM
Sindacco
Dec 3 2013, 03:58 AM
- There was a Christmas episode with the Hortons looking out the window as Nat King Cole's version of "O Holy Night" played. I'm not sure what year it was, the clip I saw on Youtube was from the 25th anniversary in 1990, but I can't find it anymore.
That was the 1990 flashback montage of past Christmases. The scene you are referring to was originally the 1989 montage, with the Hortons looking out the window (see video above). The music was added in for the 1990 flashback montage.
Thanks! I didn't remember what characters were part of that flashback, just that it was at the Horton House with that wonderful song playing.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

One of my favorite holiday moments was when Jack finally called Jo "Mother" for the first time in 1990:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkT955NXnKM

LastLicks
Member Avatar

jam6242
Dec 3 2013, 05:21 PM
Christmas 1983-Carrie is in a coma in the hospital. Roman is on the run but dresses as Santa so he can visit Carrie.

I absolutely loved this scene with Roman and Carrie! I always get teary eyed.

(Btw, Abigail's ornament was hung for the first time the year before, in 1992. :) )

LastLicks
Member Avatar

I loved Thanksgiving 1986, when they celebrated 21 years of DOOL and had tons of awesome flashbacks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAx3vCH42dY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jycv24nk7D0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfmnK__44oc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7CLWV8K9is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4tTTwo3kGA

The last clip with the montage to "Greatest Love Affair" is awesome!
Edited by LastLicks, Dec 3 2013, 08:08 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

LastLicks
Dec 3 2013, 07:58 PM
jam6242
Dec 3 2013, 05:21 PM

I absolutely loved this scene with Roman and Carrie! I always get teary eyed.

(Btw, Abigail's ornament was hung for the first time the year before, in 1992. :) )
Oops, forgot she was born in 1992. Thanks for the correction!

ShaneDOOLFan

Belle being returned to Roman and Marlena in 1993 is probably my favorite Christmas moment I have watched. I didnt watch back then as I was only 6 but I have watched most of Marlenas scenes through tape edits and youtube from before 1986 to 1995 (when I started watching)

rebelstarter

-Marlena levitates, Christmas 1994
-John reunites Susan with Little Elvis, Christmas 1997
-Alice remembers Tom (and Days remembers MacDonald Carey), Christmas 1996
-Alice sees Tom, Christmas 2000
-The Salem Stalker kills Maggie, Halloween 2003
-Cassie's dead body falls from a turkey pinana, Thanksgiving 2003
-Jennifer learns she is pregnant, Christmas 2003
-Roman's dead body falls out of his and Kate's wedding cake, New Year's Eve 2003/04
-John is released from prison, Christmas 2011
Edited by rebelstarter, Dec 3 2013, 11:11 PM.

Zea3
Member Avatar

One of my favorite scenes is Christmas 1990 when Jack and Jennifer are alone at the loft and exchange gifts. She gives him her Grandfather's cuff links and he gives her the hope chest full of memories and pulls out a firetruck with a little fireman doll and a bride doll with a gas mask. I wish I could find the clip.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

darraholic
Dec 3 2013, 12:41 PM
And I always have a soft spot for Bonnie's gigantic Horton's ornament!
We can't forget about Julie, the Jalapeno. lol.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
Dec 4 2013, 12:13 PM
darraholic
Even though some of us do our best to try. :hmmph:

james0479
Member Avatar

My absolute favorite is Marlena levitating in her bedroom while the city of Salem sings Christmas carols. That moment was "AHHHHH" for me!

And I loved Desiree (was that her name)??, singing Oh Holy Night in like '91ish. Gorgeous

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Dec 4 2013, 12:17 PM
Supergirlx2
darraholic
awwww... come on. those scenes were hilarious! between Julie trying to figure out how to make a call while in her jalapeno & the need to add "and half sister" after "Julie is Hope's stepmother", they were enjoyable to watch. Plus, Hope still had her flawless post-Melaswen hair. (which is my 2nd fave cut of KA's in the last decade. My fave being her 2007 cut.)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 4 2013, 12:30 PM
Matt
Dec 4 2013, 12:17 PM
Supergirlx2
darraholic
awwww... come on. those scenes were hilarious! between Julie trying to figure out how to make a call while in her jalapeno & the need to add "and half sister" after "Julie is Hope's stepmother", they were enjoyable to watch. Plus, Hope still had her flawless post-Melaswen hair. (which is my 2nd fave cut of KA's in the last decade. My fave being her 2007 cut.)
I admit it's a bit painful sometimes to watch Julie being used only as comic relief when I know she's so much more than that. After all, Susan Seaforth Hayes didn't get four Best Actress Emmy nominations for dressing up in funny costumes! But, Susan said something in her book along the lines of she just tries to think about her pension in circumstances such as these. That said, the secne is funny. :blulaugh:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Justin and Adrienne's first Christmas together as a married couple in 1987. She was mad at him for lying to her about the business, but the making up was nice. :)

The Johnson Family Christmas in 1989.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I vote for Marlena levitating while the rest of the cast sings "silent night" at St. Lukes on Christmas Eve.

:)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

1986: Roman and Marlena making plans to go away on a ski trip. Everything they did was so cute, and the family interaction, with Carrie trying to choose a coat? Family every day cuteness. Remember when DAYS did that?

1992: Marlena gives John the watch (that as far as we know, he wears to this day, they made a big deal out of it under Reilly) with the inscription "Thanks for giving me time, M." It had so much meaning, so much hope and so much love. John found Marlena and gave her more time with her children, with her family, with him, after she thought was doing to die in the Pit. He had given her time when she was faced with two Roman's, who both wanted her to choose them. Roman had been pushy and obnoxious, and expected her to not take any time to consider her feelings (and in the end, she chose what she had to, not what she really wanted). Of course, the Christmas after, he also gave her more time with their child, when he returned Belle to her before Sami managed to disappear with her. Beautiful scene, and of course, it's strange to look back and see Marlena having gone through that whole year feeling almost out of place and worried (Roman went undercover right away, and they weren't connecting well). Yet, when she was with John and Brady at the loft, she immediately had a motherly love for Brady, and a wifely concern for John. He gives her a charm bracelet in return, but for me, that watch just had so much meaning and it really said so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJN0AKc2fbQ

1993: John (and Kristen) return with the church with Belle. If you manage to get through that scene without crying, you might be a cyborg. Lisa Rinna singing in the background, Marlena's numb having gone through the ordeal so soon after Belle's dramatic birth (and Belle's kidnapping has some of DH's most underrated performances, I thought she walked the line so beautifully between numb, desperate and erratic)... Marlena blamed herself for Belle's kidnapping. They go to church to find hope, Marlena tries to thank everybody for praying but Roman has to pick her up and sit her down... and then Tony turns, touches Marlena's shoulder and you can just feel it in your bones. The way her face just changes, and gah, it's just so beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c7uq1uRBA

1994/1995: Marlena levitates over the bed. Seriously, I was so creeped out. It's one of my first real memories of the show that truly stick out, even though I'd watched it when I could before then, it just gave chills.

1996: John kisses Marlena under the mistletoe, before they go see Santa (kiss again) and then they exchange gifts on Christmas morning. Then, they kissed under the mistletoe again. On purpose. A J&M family Christmas that year, and it was amazing as a J&M fan, cause we waited so long for them to finally be together, and we had to wait a while after that too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaaPqH8xRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmPETuH_KNc

2000: Spit. Kiss. Nuff said. In that awful period, that felt nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEa9WR4V0U0

I made this montage full of J&M Christmas moments, and it pretty sums up mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ZJzk1B7y4

jdawg1077

This one is easy: Hands down the best holiday moment in Days' history was John/Kristen figuring out that Sami had kidnapped baby Belle, and returning her to Roman and Marlena while Billie sang "O Holy Night". We re-watched that scene EVERY CHRISTMAS for years afterward on our VHS. Not only was it a goosebump-inducing moment, you knew that the fallout would be magnificent. And as if that weren't enough, it was Tom Horton's last Christmas, and Doug and Julie returned for the occasion. About as perfect a Christmas episode as anyone could imagine.

carol3023
Member Avatar

Kayla giving Steve the cookbook. Steve helping at the Emergency Center.

Marlena levitating.

Will & Sonny kissing under the mistletoe :wub:

I just can't believe nobody said Daniel and Melanie getting ornaments.
It was sooo special :x
Edited by carol3023, Dec 5 2013, 01:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply