Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...Favorite Holiday Scenes
Topic Started: Dec 3 2013, 01:25 AM (3,681 Views)
LastLicks
Member Avatar

Zea3
Dec 4 2013, 12:46 AM
One of my favorite scenes is Christmas 1990 when Jack and Jennifer are alone at the loft and exchange gifts. She gives him her Grandfather's cuff links and he gives her the hope chest full of memories and pulls out a firetruck with a little fireman doll and a bride doll with a gas mask. I wish I could find the clip.
I loved this, too. Definitely my favorite J&J Christmas! I'm still waiting for someone to get me a hope chest of my own, lol.

I also loved the year prior when Jennifer made that dinner for Jack and Isabella. Great stuff!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 4 2013, 06:08 PM
1986: Roman and Marlena making plans to go away on a ski trip. Everything they did was so cute, and the family interaction, with Carrie trying to choose a coat? Family every day cuteness. Remember when DAYS did that?

1992: Marlena gives John the watch (that as far as we know, he wears to this day, they made a big deal out of it under Reilly) with the inscription "Thanks for giving me time, M." It had so much meaning, so much hope and so much love. John found Marlena and gave her more time with her children, with her family, with him, after she thought was doing to die in the Pit. He had given her time when she was faced with two Roman's, who both wanted her to choose them. Roman had been pushy and obnoxious, and expected her to not take any time to consider her feelings (and in the end, she chose what she had to, not what she really wanted). Of course, the Christmas after, he also gave her more time with their child, when he returned Belle to her before Sami managed to disappear with her. Beautiful scene, and of course, it's strange to look back and see Marlena having gone through that whole year feeling almost out of place and worried (Roman went undercover right away, and they weren't connecting well). Yet, when she was with John and Brady at the loft, she immediately had a motherly love for Brady, and a wifely concern for John. He gives her a charm bracelet in return, but for me, that watch just had so much meaning and it really said so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJN0AKc2fbQ

1993: John (and Kristen) return with the church with Belle. If you manage to get through that scene without crying, you might be a cyborg. Lisa Rinna singing in the background, Marlena's numb having gone through the ordeal so soon after Belle's dramatic birth (and Belle's kidnapping has some of DH's most underrated performances, I thought she walked the line so beautifully between numb, desperate and erratic)... Marlena blamed herself for Belle's kidnapping. They go to church to find hope, Marlena tries to thank everybody for praying but Roman has to pick her up and sit her down... and then Tony turns, touches Marlena's shoulder and you can just feel it in your bones. The way her face just changes, and gah, it's just so beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80c7uq1uRBA

1994/1995: Marlena levitates over the bed. Seriously, I was so creeped out. It's one of my first real memories of the show that truly stick out, even though I'd watched it when I could before then, it just gave chills.

1996: John kisses Marlena under the mistletoe, before they go see Santa (kiss again) and then they exchange gifts on Christmas morning. Then, they kissed under the mistletoe again. On purpose. A J&M family Christmas that year, and it was amazing as a J&M fan, cause we waited so long for them to finally be together, and we had to wait a while after that too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkaaPqH8xRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmPETuH_KNc

2000: Spit. Kiss. Nuff said. In that awful period, that felt nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEa9WR4V0U0

I made this montage full of J&M Christmas moments, and it pretty sums up mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ZJzk1B7y4
THESE!!!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Loved this Christmas episode

http://youtu.be/vpuAHio4Q5w

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Really cute one!

http://youtu.be/Q13LE2sfQwc

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Dec 5 2013, 12:38 AM
I'd put that, but I really hate her hair in it.

(Yes, I judge on hair. I'm still super excited she promised to never chop it up like that again.)

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 5 2013, 08:07 AM
Rosebud

(Yes, I judge on hair. I'm still super excited she promised to never chop it up like that again.)
Oh, come on, it's been MUCH worse than that! :blulaugh: Like the entire year of 2003!

pagraves
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Dec 5 2013, 08:21 AM
The Room Stops
Rosebud

Oh, come on, it's been MUCH worse than that! :blulaugh: Like the entire year of 2003!
I thought her hair looked cute like that. Age appropriate and attractive.

My favorite Christmas scenes:

Kayla gives Steve a cookbook.

Steve gives Kayla his mother's necklace.

The Hope & Chelsea ornament hanging scene

Kayla and Patchy Claus canoodle after she recovers from the poisoning
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

LastLicks
Dec 4 2013, 11:29 PM
Zea3
One of my favorite scenes is Christmas 1990 when Jack and Jennifer are alone at the loft and exchange gifts. She gives him her Grandfather's cuff links and he gives her the hope chest full of memories and pulls out a firetruck with a little fireman doll and a bride doll with a gas mask. I wish I could find the clip.
I loved this, too. Definitely my favorite J&J Christmas! I'm still waiting for someone to get me a hope chest of my own, lol.

I also loved the year prior when Jennifer made that dinner for Jack and Isabella. Great stuff!
I tried to find the hope chest scene too. I can't believe it's not on Youtube somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, Angstmas ruled.

I also love Jack and Isabella's Christmas dinner. Sweet that Jennifer tried to do something for Jack. Sweet friendship scenes with Jack and Isabella.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
The Room Stops
Rosebud

Haha, that period of 2003-2005 was mostly awful hair wise.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

The Room Stops
Dec 5 2013, 04:52 PM
Rosebud
The Room Stops
Rosebud

Note to Dee: Can we please get 2006 hair back? Lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Casey
Dec 5 2013, 06:40 PM
The Room Stops
Rosebud
The Room Stops

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://youtu.be/Q13LE2sfQwc
Note to Dee: Can we please get 2006 hair back? Lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image
PLEASE. It's easier for us all ;)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I put together my favorite Christmas clips here: http://pier-29.com/watch_video.php?v=SHY3M38YWWSR&play_list=12

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Rosebud
The Room Stops
Rosebud

Not 2005! After she came back to Salem and then the Alex story, I loved her hair and clothes. And at the Emmy's that year. It was long and very blonde, and she didn't wear the hair piece. I don't like her hair when it's darker and too thick.

Ocean

Deverauxfan
Dec 3 2013, 09:39 AM
Jack proposes to Jennifer in a Santa suit, Christmas 1990.

I never forget that episode. That was the most beautiful and funny proposal from jack. I always loved them. They were my favorite couple and they still are .I would never except dannifer as a couple. All I see forcing couple without any chemistry(bland & boring)!

lysie
Member Avatar

I love to discuss Deidre Hall's hair but please stick to holiday scenes, lol.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Spencer Hastings
Dec 3 2013, 01:39 AM
Hanging Zack's ornament in 2006...Chelsea and Hope's scenes always get me. Always. Like it's the first dang time I'm watching them, haha. It starts at about 4:00 here.

You took mine. :P

Ocean

I have so many favorite holiday scenes but the one I always liked when horton and brady family put their ornaments on Christmas tree and when they were done hold their each other hands and sing holy night .

AFaithL

John/Marlena and the charm bracelet.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Zea3
I LOVE this scene, too. I understand the appeal of the proposal clip from the next morning because it really is adorable, but the loft scene from Christmas Eve was so intimate, beautiful and so JnJ.

I couldn't find a full clip, but here's a truncated version of it in flashback during JnJ's 2002 Christmas reunion. (Two for the price of one?)

Well, I can't figure out why it's not showing in the flash code. Here's a direct link:
Jack gives Jennifer a hope chest in flashback
Edited by somuchwhatever, Dec 8 2013, 01:18 PM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Steve reads the Christmas story (2006).

http://youtu.be/QYR7bcwhITw?t=1m31s

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply