Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Writer's Guild Awards Announces Daytime Nominees
Topic Started: Dec 5 2013, 03:37 PM (568 Views)
T-Love74
Member Avatar

1. DAYS
2. GH
3. Y&R

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/12/wga-nominations-days-of-our-lives-general-hospital-and-the-young-and-the-restless
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

One thing to notice here, Gary Tomlin is not listed with all the other writers under the DAYS nomination....interesting.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 5 2013, 03:54 PM
One thing to notice here, Gary Tomlin is not listed with all the other writers under the DAYS nomination....interesting.
That is interesting.

The other thing to notice is that this gets dumber and dumber as the number of soaps dwindles, lol.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 5 2013, 03:56 PM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 5 2013, 03:54 PM
That is interesting.

The other thing to notice is that this gets dumber and dumber as the number of soaps dwindles, lol.
seriously! lmao.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think Tomlin's name missing is only due to the WGA not recognizing him for going fi-core during the strike.

Jason47
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 5 2013, 08:26 PM
I think Tomlin's name missing is only due to the WGA not recognizing him for going fi-core during the strike.
Yes, the fi-core writers do not get nominated.

That's why Jeanne Marie Ford and Fran Myers are also missing from the Days nominee list:

UPDATE: Reading through that SON post again, it states those writers are no longer members of the WGA and never can be a member again, so Gary Tomlin, Jeanne Marie Ford and Fran Myers are not WGA members anymore, but are still allowed to work on WGA projects.

From Soap Opera Network's post of 2/12/08:
Here is the list of “Fi-Core” writers:
•“All My Children”: James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esensten (returned to work in late December)
•“The Bold and The Beautiful”: Kay Alden
•“Days Of Our Lives”: Hogan Sheffer (went “Fi-Core” in early January), Meg Kelly (went “Fi-Core” in late November), Victor Gialanella, Mark Christopher Higley
•“General Hospital”: Garin Wolf (went “Fi-Core” immediately), Michael Conforti
•“One Life To Live”: Gary Tomlin, Fran Myers, Jeanne Marie Ford, Michelle Poteet Lisanti (all went “Fi-Core” immediately)
•“Passions”: James E. Reilly, Shawn Morrison, Pete T. Rich (went “Fi-Core” immediately)
•“The Young and The Restless”: Josh Griffith, Maria Arena Bell, Paula Cwikly (all went “Fi-Core” immediately)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2008/02/breaking-news-list-of-financial-core-writers
Edited by Jason47, Dec 6 2013, 01:50 AM.

Paul8148

any news on want the shows summited. I believe it Nov 2012- OCT 2013 time frame

Bremol
Member Avatar

With so few soaps on Daytime, how telling is it that B&B isn't nominated? I find it hilarious that it was left off the list when all of the rest of the existing soaps are there, hahaha.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Bremol
Dec 7 2013, 11:45 AM
With so few soaps on Daytime, how telling is it that B&B isn't nominated? I find it hilarious that it was left off the list when all of the rest of the existing soaps are there, hahaha.
That is because B&B chose not to submit this year.
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/wga-nominations-announced

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply