Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 6 2013, 01:51 AM (10,101 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 01:10 PM
Well I started watching around the time Will's paternity came out so no I haven't seen much of
Stefano's obssession with Marlena. I know he kidnapped her and try to hypnosize her into
falling in love with her but I didn't see it. Stefano strikes me as to evil to fall in love but if he
still do it would weaken him. I could be wrong though maybe he was a great villain in the 90s.
It was absolutely nothing like what you're saying.

He was a cartoonish villain in the 90s, IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 7 2013, 12:02 PM
Stefano was very specific about why he never raped Marleba. He was convinced she'd come to him willingly. I take issue with him being labeled a coward for NOT raping someone. As in, I'm going to have to just stop typing.
I give props to Stefano for NOT raping Marlena considering he'd been obsessed with her for years. Rapists are the real cowards.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Did anyone else comment on the whole "Godfather" lighting during the Stefano/EJ lunch? I'm waiting for this scene to be recreated:

http://youtu.be/DvD9OryD6mY

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2013, 11:27 AM
Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 09:43 AM
S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 09:36 AM
Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 08:53 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I didnīt see that much of the 90s but I doubt Stefano thought rape was wrong, he either a coward who doesnīt have the guts to go after what he wants, or heīs a pervert who just like to fantasize. He comes off like a pervert to me when he talks to EJ about his sexlife. Anyway Stefano had sex with Hope when she thought she was Gina wouldnīt that be rape?

Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 09:18 AM

Stefano humiliated EJ I would think that would take time for EJ to forgive, but I guess he felt lonley and needed someone to talk to about what is bothering him, unless he just pretends to be on good terms with Stefano.
Yes, he did rape Hope. That storyline was when Days jumped the shark for me, and when the character of Stefano became a joke.
Stefano never raped Hope. The only person who ever came close to raping Hope was Will (Hathaway's henchman). Plus, it was Gina, Stefano slept with, not Hope, & Gina did it to allow John to escape.
I disagree. That was Hope, who was not in her true mind, but that was her body. Are you saying she had sex consensually? I consider both John and Hope to have been rape victims on the sub.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 12:15 PM
I obviously don't think a man is a coward in real life for not raping a woman, but it seems to
make him a weak villain to me.
Stefano didn't have to rape Marlena or anyone to control and torture them. He was a fine villain before they turned him into a joke.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2013, 12:23 PM
S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 11:37 AM
I remember Hope saying that if Stefano was the father of JT he must have raped her, and that
she was horrified about the idea that he could be the father so Hope saw it as rape.
I believe it was Bo that claimed that if Stefano was the father, he must've raped Hope. But ultimately, Hope became pregnant during the time Stefano had her brainwashed as Gina. So you could argue that it's rape because it was Hope's physical body, but the person who was occupying her mind was never forced to sleep with anyone.
Pre-rewrite to make Bo the father, there were only 2 people "Gina" slept with that could've been the father: Stefano & John. Gina seduced John in the submarine when he was on his honeymoon, & then Gina slept with Stefano to allow John to escape after Stefano caught Gina & John together on the submarine.
Hideous storyline! :puke:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 12:46 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2013, 12:19 PM
S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 12:15 PM
I obviously don't think a man is a coward in real life for not raping a woman, but it seems to
make him a weak villain to me.
Yes. Rapists are the only real villains.
No you don't have to be a rapist to be a villain, but Stefano have always wanted Marlena so him not
going after her but just waiting for her makes him a delusional fool but not a corward that was a bad
choice of word and I'm sorry. I don't think it makes much since why Stefano would be above rape
when he isn't above crimes like murder and torture.
Even soap villains have their own moral compass.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 03:27 PM
Supergirlx2
Rosebud
S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 09:36 AM

Yes, he did rape Hope. That storyline was when Days jumped the shark for me, and when the character of Stefano became a joke.
Stefano never raped Hope. The only person who ever came close to raping Hope was Will (Hathaway's henchman). Plus, it was Gina, Stefano slept with, not Hope, & Gina did it to allow John to escape.
I disagree. That was Hope, who was not in her true mind, but that was her body. Are you saying she had sex consensually? I consider both John and Hope to have been rape victims on the sub.
The fact is that Stefano didn't force himself on Hope. It was "Gina" who seduced Stefano. For all intents & purposes, Hope didn't exist at that particular moment.
I get what you're saying, but I'm looking at it from the POV of Hope (not "Gina" or NT Hope). When she's been of sound mind, she has never been raped by Stefano.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Well I started watching around the time Will's paternity came out so no I haven't seen much of
Stefano's obssession with Marlena. I know he kidnapped her and try to hypnosize her into
falling in love with her but I didn't see it. Stefano strikes me as to evil to fall in love but if he
still do it would weaken him. I could be wrong though maybe he was a great villain in the 90s.
Stefano never tried to hypnotize Marlena. She was his Achilles heel. He wanted her to fall in love with him because of his power and wealth and because she hated him. She was a conquest. He was delusional, but never so delusional as to think raping her would get her to love him.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2013, 03:41 PM
Rosebud
Supergirlx2
Rosebud

The fact is that Stefano didn't force himself on Hope. It was "Gina" who seduced Stefano. For all intents & purposes, Hope didn't exist at that particular moment.
I get what you're saying, but I'm looking at it from the POV of Hope (not "Gina" or NT Hope). When she's been of sound mind, she has never been raped by Stefano.
I just don't get that at all. If she was forced to be Gina by Stefano, and he knew damn well that was true, then he raped her. He knew that was Hope's body, not Gina's. Hope in her right mind would never have sex with Stefano. Even if they had said that it was actually Hope's mind coming through to save John Black from Stefano, I would still say it was rape, just like it was rape when Elvis made Sami have sex with him in that car. None of that is consensual.

S loves EJ

lysie
Dec 7 2013, 01:19 PM
S loves EJ

Cartoon villain you say, I guess it didnīt make sense to me why Stefano didnīt tried to rape Marlena, that is all I meant to say not to offend anyone, but I think I understand it now.

Sometimes my post come off sounding a lot worse than I intend too, I like Stefano I donīt really think of Stefano as a perv either, it just a little eww when he talks to EJ about bedding Sami.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Dec 7 2013, 03:57 PM
Supergirlx2
Rosebud
Supergirlx2

I just don't get that at all. If she was forced to be Gina by Stefano, and he knew damn well that was true, then he raped her. He knew that was Hope's body, not Gina's. Hope in her right mind would never have sex with Stefano. Even if they had said that it was actually Hope's mind coming through to save John Black from Stefano, I would still say it was rape, just like it was rape when Elvis made Sami have sex with him in that car. None of that is consensual.
"Gina" choosing to have sex with Stefano to allow John to escape isn't the same thing as EJ giving Sami the ultimatum of "have sex with me and I'll help save Lucas".

outrageous
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2013, 04:05 PM
Rosebud
Supergirlx2
Rosebud

"Gina" choosing to have sex with Stefano to allow John to escape isn't the same thing as EJ giving Sami the ultimatum of "have sex with me and I'll help save Lucas".
I disagree. Sami had all of her mental capacities and could have said no and look for another option, while Hope was brainwashed into changing identities and her brainwasher had sex with her. I don't see them as being equal.

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Dec 7 2013, 04:01 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2013, 01:19 PM
S loves EJ

Cartoon villain you say, I guess it didnīt make sense to me why Stefano didnīt tried to rape Marlena, that is all I meant to say not to offend anyone, but I think I understand it now.

Sometimes my post come off sounding a lot worse than I intend too, I like Stefano I donīt really think of Stefano as a perv either, it just a little eww when he talks to EJ about bedding Sami.
Stefano's motives are difficult to explain during that time because he was just so delusional. But if you watch that story (which is actually several stories) he gives his reasons for not raping Marlena many times. IMO, it was about pride more than anything. At that time, it was a line Stefano didn't want to cross. But he was insane, so that could have changed at any time. I think most villains typically have a line they don't want to cross. They often end up crossing it anyway, but at that time, Stefano's line for Marlena was rape.

Stefano was a weirdo, and he often contradicted himself when it came to Marlena. It was her stubbornness and the way she fought him that always seemed to turn him on the most. He would even say that to her, but then he'd comment that he would eventually break her will. The same will that attracted him to her in the first place.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

outrageous
Dec 7 2013, 04:14 PM
Supergirlx2
Rosebud
Supergirlx2

I disagree. Sami had all of her mental capacities and could have said no and look for another option, while Hope was brainwashed into changing identities and her brainwasher had sex with her. I don't see them as being equal.
So we agree that they're not the same thing, albeit for different reasons.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Rosebud
Supergirlx2
Rosebud

I didn't say it was the same, I said I consider both rape.

Kinay

Laufeyson
Dec 7 2013, 02:04 PM
lysie
Dec 7 2013, 12:02 PM
Stefano was very specific about why he never raped Marleba. He was convinced she'd come to him willingly. I take issue with him being labeled a coward for NOT raping someone. As in, I'm going to have to just stop typing.
I give props to Stefano for NOT raping Marlena considering he'd been obsessed with her for years. Rapists are the real cowards.
Even though I don't think Stephano is half as evil as his spawns , I would say that covering up the rapes is just as bad as being the rapist. Creating faux Rafe to rape Samantha was as much his doing as EJ's. They're all cowards in my book and not entertaining in the least.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

If I have full choice -- and my own full mental capacity -- and full knowledge of who everyone really is and what their motives are -- and I have no restrictions or intense blackmails -- would I have sex with this person?

If I don't have full freedom in all of those conditions, then I am being coerced in some way.

If I am being coerced, then it's non-consensual and I'm being raped.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 6 2013, 01:33 PM
Where the fuck is Stefano that EJ can just pop in?!?
He's at the popular Café (Limbo) :)

Lori

Jason47
Dec 7 2013, 11:14 PM
Matt
Dec 6 2013, 01:33 PM
Where the fuck is Stefano that EJ can just pop in?!?
He's at the popular Café (Limbo) :)
The same one that was in Italy when Stefano was seen dining with Cecily?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply