Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thur Rating: NBC has best Thursday Since 2004
Topic Started: Dec 6 2013, 01:01 PM (272 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Adults 18-49
The Big Bang Theory 4.6/14 (15.2 million)
The Sound of Music Live! 4.6/13 (18.5 million) <-------------- Biggest Thursday Numbers since 2004
Scandal 3.1/8
Grey's Anatomy 2.5/7
The Millers 2.5/7
Two and a Half Men 2.3/6
The Crazy Ones 2.1/6
Elementary 1.8/5
The X Factor 1.3/4
Glee 1.1/3
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland 1.0/3
The Vampire Diaries 1.0/3
Reign 0.6/2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm not surprised by NBC's numbers. I tuned in to see if it would be a trainwreck...wound up a little impressed. She's not an actress, but she had some great moments, imho, and her vocals went places I didn't think she could go. I hope they do more of these in the future.

Or that it at least encourages a music-based show like Glee to have people sing live every now and again. It can be done.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Good singing,acting,not so much,even scarier since they announced this last December,so she had a year to work on her acting and she obviously didn't.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

So I have never actually watched th original movie. Seems like every time it is on TV I catch right at the concert as they make their escape. While the singing was pretty good especially with it being live, the acting was very stiff for both Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer. Where as veteran Broadway actors like Christian Borle were not s stiff. It made me actually wish they would record more Broadway performances for television showings.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply