Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
General Hospital Soars to Near 6-Year High in Total Viewers and Over 2-Year High in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54
Topic Started: Dec 6 2013, 03:32 PM (1,518 Views)
Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/06/general-hospital-soars-to-near-6-year-high-in-total-viewers-and-over-2-year-high-in-women-18-49-and-women-25-54/220638/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

This is wonderful news! I knew Robin's return would bring viewers in. I am loving GH right now and I wish DAYS could learn from them.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 6 2013, 05:01 PM
This is wonderful news! I knew Robin's return would bring viewers in. I am loving GH right now and I wish DAYS could learn from them.
It is sad that Dool doesn't currently have any younger couples that have the appeal of a Robin/Patrick. I firmly believe a good story revolving around a good likeable couple could do wonders.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Dec 6 2013, 05:45 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Dec 6 2013, 05:01 PM
It is sad that Dool doesn't currently have any younger couples that have the appeal of a Robin/Patrick. I firmly believe a good story revolving around a good likeable couple could do wonders.
I don't watch GH so don't know these characters but I think Ericole has a fighting chance to be the next "supercouple". If they don't screw it up.

six
Member Avatar

I'm glad for GH. The story dragged on for a long time, but the reunion itself was great. I don't really like Robin or her pairing, but it was impossible not to get swept up in the story of seeing a character, who meant so much to so many other characters, return from the dead. The fact that Robin/KMc grew up on the show helped a lot, too.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

General Hospital is delivering it's best material since around 1994 or 1995.

The culmination of the Maxie (not) carrying Dante and LuLu's child was No. 1 on my reason to watch list, however.

Dee-anne

^^Nikolas and Britt are my number one reason for watching, but I have enjoyed the other stories as well. I love Franco and Carly, I don't hate them like some do, and I have enjoyed the Robin story, with Faison, Obrect, Nik/Brit, Anna etc. I find Patrick and Sabrina quite boring together, so I was all for them breaking up, and for Robin coming back to claim her man.
Edited by Dee-anne, Dec 7 2013, 11:53 AM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Dec 7 2013, 11:51 AM
^^Nikolas and Britt are my number one reason for watching, but I have enjoyed the other stories as well. I love Franco and Carly, I don't hate them like some do, and I have enjoyed the Robin story, with Faison, Obrect, Nik/Brit, Anna etc. I find Patrick and Sabrina quite boring together, so I was all for them breaking up, and for Robin coming back to claim her man.

ITA about the comments regarding Brik and Patrina
The other issue with GH is that some days is on fire and other days is :blah: :sleep2: and just end this story line already material( Heather, Mikki, Felix/Brad,etc).

granolagirl
Member Avatar

GH definitely has its issues, but even with Guza at the wheel, its last 10 years were so much stronger than Days that there is much more foundation to build on. And the depth and relevance of the usage of history by the current crew blows Days out of the water.

I liked Eric and Nicole at the beginning but there just wasn't enough story in it to keep me interested at that glacial pace. I'm all for slow burn but it has to be dynamic.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

The only thing I was interested in GH was Patrick/Robin storyline, but the rest, not so much! Good for GH though.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

GH is on fire. Not only are their stories interesting and dramatic, they have lots of real romance and love going on, not to mention that their sets and wardrobe blow Days right out of the water.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

This is excellent news for GH; they have it all covered, romance, love, adventure, and real villains. They rotate all there cast members, and if you donít like a SL you know in a few days other SLís will pop up! On GH worst day they are 1000 times better then DAYS could ever hope to beÖ.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree...GH is much better than DAYS at the moment...they deserve all of the ratings love they are getting.

DAYS is good for 8 weeks a year (2 weeks each during Sweeps), then its back to pure boring crap with the same shit for the other 44 weeks of the year.

Nate
Member Avatar

GH is not way better then DAYS. It's not even close IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

Nate
Dec 9 2013, 11:48 AM
IDK how regular viewers feel about GH because I'm not one. But I had to make myself not watch it last week. It's doing the kind of family stuff I love, and even as a non-regular viewer, I sobbed through half of Monday and Tuesday. It's doing the kinds of things I used to love on Days. Even when the stories themselves sucked, they'd throw in family scenes and reunions that I loved. It's actually a little depressing, though, because as I've watched it on GH, I've kind of realized that will never work on Days again. The families have been too disconnected for too long and IMO none of the families on Days are connected enough to really make scenes like that work anymore. It may not be working for GH either for people who have a longer history of the show, though. IDK.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Dec 9 2013, 11:53 AM
Nate
IDK how regular viewers feel about GH because I'm not one. But I had to make myself not watch it last week. It's doing the kind of family stuff I love, and even as a non-regular viewer, I sobbed through half of Monday and Tuesday. It's doing the kinds of things I used to love on Days. Even when the stories themselves sucked, they'd throw in family scenes and reunions that I loved. It's actually a little depressing, though, because as I've watched it on GH, I've kind of realized that will never work on Days again. The families have been too disconnected for too long and IMO none of the families on Days are connected enough to really make scenes like that work anymore. It may not be working for GH either for people who have a longer history of the show, though. IDK.
I have to agree - I am a very lapsed viewer of GH, and I couldn't pull myself from the TV on Mon/Tue/Wed...I was instantly connected to what was happening and that has not happened in a long time for me while channel surfing other soaps outside of DAYS.

I agree on the family aspect as well...DAYS has deconstructed their families in a major way...DAYS feels like a bunch of disconnected character reacting to each other. There is no core anymore and what is left of the Brady's & Horton's & DiMera's & Kiriakisis' just feels disjointed, fake and forced.

I will admit I was very sad for DAYS while watching the GH episodes, because those episodes were fulfilling for me what I GREATLY am missing from my own soap.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 9 2013, 12:34 PM.

Nate
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 9 2013, 12:33 PM
lysie
Nate
I have to agree - I am a very lapsed viewer of GH, and I couldn't pull myself from the TV on Mon/Tue/Wed...I was instantly connected to what was happening and that has not happened in a long time for me while channel surfing other soaps outside of DAYS.

I agree on the family aspect as well...DAYS has deconstructed their families in a major way...DAYS feels like a bunch of disconnected character reacting to each other. There is no core anymore and what is left of the Brady's & Horton's & DiMera's & Kiriakisis' just feels disjointed, fake and forced.

I will admit I was very sad for DAYS while watching the GH episodes, because those episodes were fulfilling for me what I GREATLY am missing from my own soap.
I'm a lot harder on GH because it's "my soap". Although I've been watching DAYS for awhile, GH is the soap I grew up with and therefore I am harder on the soap. I think everyone's harder on "their" soap.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

They definitely did right by Robin's network of people. GH is far from perfect, but on Days people don't really have those individual relationships based in show history anymore.

They also do a better job writing for a diversity of characters. I'm sick of saccharine Sabrina, but I guess I have to applaud that they could write POV for someone as sickly sweet as her, and as twisted and deranged as Dr. O at the same time. Days only seems interested in writing for a narrower range of characters.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nate
You came in on a good week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GH and think it deserves the ratings, but it's often like two (or three) different shows. And like Days, their best weeks aren't a sign of overall quality. They have a large cast and some of the characters and stories are really hitting the mark and some...are not. And since the cast is so large and most of them are in stories, some stories disappear for weeks at a time. Which can be good for the show, or bad for the show [/Camila Banus]
Edited by six, Dec 9 2013, 01:47 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 9 2013, 01:45 PM
lysie
Nate
You came in on a good week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GH and think it deserves the ratings, but it's often like two (or three) different shows. And like Days, their best weeks aren't a sign of overall quality. They have a large cast and some of the characters and stories are really hitting the mark and some...are not. And since the cast is so large and most of them are in stories, some stories disappear for weeks at a time. Which can be good for the show, or bad for the show [/Camila Banus]
Oh, I know I did. But Days hasn't been able to make me feel like that on even a good week in at least 8 years.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply