Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Susan Seaforth Hayes celebrates 45th anniversary as Julie!; Jason47's special tribute...
Topic Started: Dec 8 2013, 11:17 PM (1,563 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Happy 45th Anniversary, Susan Seaforth Hayes!

Congratulations to Susan Seaforth Hayes, who becomes the first "Days" actor in history to celebrate 45 years on the show! Susan made her "Days" debut on December 11, 1968 and 14 months later, in February 1970, met the love of her life, Bill Hayes (Doug). Bill & Susan celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary in October, and Doug & Julie's love has lasted even longer. Please visit http://www.jason47.com/ for a special tribute to Susan's 45 years in Salem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

Wow! She's been on DAYS longer then my mom and dad have been alive. That's amazing!

paul89

:) ahh the show needs her!! since Julie has been on since the first epso... when she stole something and telling thats shes a horton

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

:wub:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

A great lady and a talented actress!

KAM

Now that's a milestone to celebrate with more screen time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

paul89

did she ever have secen of the lady who play her tv mom addie?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

One of my absolute favorite Salemites! Happy 45th anniversary to her! I just wish the show realized what a gem she was and used her more! This lady should be the matriarch of Salem, it's a tragedy that she isn't!

Keith
Member Avatar

paul89
Dec 9 2013, 12:01 AM
If you're asking is she ever shared scenes with Patricia Barry, who played Addie during the Doug/Addie relationship and Hope's conception and the cancer story, then yes; they were rivals.

Jason47
Member Avatar

paul89
Yes, they were both part of the cast from 1971-1974, so they shared many scenes over those three years.
Edited by Jason47, Dec 9 2013, 01:23 AM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

A magnificent actress & woman! One of DAYS finest characters. She belongs in Salem with much more screentime & a contract! :wub:

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason and congratulations to Susan! I have earlier memories of Days but I really became hooked when Susan took over the role of Julie. I loved the rivalry between Julie and Susan Martin. Doug wasn't even in the picture yet. After all of these years, Susan is still my favorite soap actress and Julie is my favorite character. I'm looking forward to her upcoming appearances. I just wish she was on more frequently.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Great tribute for a deserving actress and lady mega congrats to the legendary and most talented Susan Seaforth Hayes :D

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Aiden: "Hope, you are a beautiful woman. And I like you." (8/19/14)

That is awesome! :wub2: I LOVE her and I adore Julie!! :applause: Just like KA, Susan ages like fine wine! :wub: :wub:

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Aiden: "Hope, you are a beautiful woman. And I like you." (8/19/14)

Jason47
Dec 9 2013, 01:22 AM
paul89
Yes, they were both part of the cast from 1971-1974, so they shared many scenes over those three years.
If only Addie and Julie (and Doug) scenes were available on YouTube. :'(

jam6242
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 9 2013, 07:50 AM
Jason47
paul89
I remember when Addie had Hope and was very sick from the leukemia. Everyone thought Addie was going to die at that time. She and Julie (who had been estranged) made up at the hospital and Addie asked her to take care of Doug and Hope for her. I remember Julie going to the hospital nursery and holding baby Hope. :wub2: Wouldn't those be great flashbacks?

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

^^ I'm actually getting misty eyes just thinking about seeing those scenes :(

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Happy 45th to Susan! More Julie, please!
Edited by throughthehourglass, Dec 9 2013, 11:14 AM.

paul89

MissFancyFace
Jason47
paul89

yes i would love to see it on youtube :S but in the video of julie and doug second wedding at the end there was a lady going crazy in a room was that addie?

jam6242
Member Avatar

paul89
Dec 9 2013, 12:40 PM
MissFancyFace
Jason47
paul89

yes i would love to see it on youtube :S but in the video of julie and doug second wedding at the end there was a lady going crazy in a room was that addie?
No, that was Lee (Brenda Benet). Trying to make a long story short but Julie was once badly burned and divorced Doug because she thought he couldn't love her with her scars. He married Lee (who had been married to his deceased long-lost brother) after Julie divorced him.
Edited by jam6242, Dec 9 2013, 03:09 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply