Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Penghlis returning to GH
Topic Started: Dec 9 2013, 03:11 PM (2,084 Views)
Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

Holy Cassadine! Soap Opera Digest has learned and GH confirms that Thaao Penghlis, who portrayed DAYS's popular Tony DiMera (and Andre) for the better part of the last three decades, is headed back to Port Charles as Victor Cassadine, a role he originally played in 1981. The actor will be back on set early next year and will first air on January 30, 2014.

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/thaao-penghlis-returns-gh
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Holy shit!

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Finally more Cassidines!!

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

I hope SN's will return too. I miss Stefan.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

Love it!!!!

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Great news! I need my Cassadines.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

EJ_SamiFF
Dec 9 2013, 03:25 PM
I hope SN's will return too. I miss Stefan.
if GH manages to get both SN and TP on it would prove what an utter stupidity the people running Days are doing......they could have at least both one or the either or both back...but they refuse to write for vets at Days...it's infuriating.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

SHIT!

GH, you are doing almost everything right... and now you bring TP back (and on my birthday)? Why, why, why? Why would you do this to yourselves? To me?

You could've brought back pretty much every other Cassadine! I'd like to see Stefan, Stavros even... Make Alexis remember that she IS a Cassadine.

Just, ugh.
Edited by The Room Stops, Dec 9 2013, 04:01 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

WOW! Thank You Soap Gods!!!!! Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 9 2013, 04:19 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Seriously great news!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Best. News. Ever.

I would obviously LOVE to have Tony DiMera back on Days, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon with the way the show has been written. This is perfect and now I realize what Ron was talking about when he said he had to hurry up and write Tristan out of a big story when he bolted to Y&R. I'm really disappointed now that their paths might not cross at all and if they do it will be brief.

I cannot wait to see what GH does with the open book that is Victor Cassadine and I'm excited about his interaction with the amazing GH cast. Its almost a dream cast for me. I desperately want Stephen Nichols back as Stefan and I think that will happen too. I hope they build up the Cassadines as a family that can actually live in Port Charles and be mysterious without being totally over the top, lets end the world, crazy. I loved the 90s version of the Cassadines when Stefan and Nikolas lived at Wyndemere and Helena would drop in here and there for months on end.

And if its brief maybe Days will see Thaao being awesome and bring him back after Victor's arc ends on GH.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Cool.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Love this actor! I have no recollection of his character on GH, but loved him as Tony on Days. I'm looking forward to this. I wish they would get Stephen Nichols to come back as Stefan too.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

Damn just when I was getting depressed over the end of seeing Faison on my screen I get this early Christmas present. Oh. My. Fucking. God if I can get Thaao's Victor and Stephen Nichols Stefan on canvas at the same time I will be on cloud 9. Thaao is such a wonderfully versatile actor---he can be romantically charming yet play a hard core villain soooooo well. He will fit right in on GH. And I cannot wait to see him with Nikolas and Alexis!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I'm sad Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) won't be around for this.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS loses out AGAIN!

Way to go GH!

natdot99
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Dec 9 2013, 05:04 PM
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

Damn just when I was getting depressed over the end of seeing Faison on my screen I get this early Christmas present. Oh. My. Fucking. God if I can get Thaao's Victor and Stephen Nichols Stefan on canvas at the same time I will be on cloud 9. Thaao is such a wonderfully versatile actor---he can be romantically charming yet play a hard core villain soooooo well. He will fit right in on GH. And I cannot wait to see him with Nikolas and Alexis!

I though Nik stated he was the sole heir to the Cassadine fortune :shrug:
I wonder what he will think of Britt/Nik :popcorn:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Dec 9 2013, 05:34 PM
I'm sad Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) won't be around for this.
Seriously. Especially since Victor was involved with the original Ice Princess caper.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I only watch GH occasionally because I think Cartini are awful, but I will definatly watch full time as long as Thaao is there.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I think Nichols is probably soon as well.

I'm feeling a little burned by GH this week and the follow through on Robin's return and AJ's trial. There's a lot of ambition in the storytelling but sometimes they bite off more than they can chew... seeing a whole new area of the canvas open up, I'm not sure what to think.

But the material will be better than anything Days would likely serve up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply