Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, December 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 10 2013, 12:44 AM (14,703 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It's not lost on me that, in quite a few ways, EJ is/can be VERY similar to old-school Jack Devereaux. Abby has Daddy issues. Jack was the original swevil, imo. The difference between Jack/EJ is that EJ has never progressed beyond inconsistent writing. Jack got to grow & change over the years. Until the decided that those silly, slapstick moments that the writers had originally thrown in to humanize him and make him not at smarmy as he was in the past should be his predominant character trait and then started to paint him 24/7 as a buffoon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Abena
Dec 10 2013, 06:14 PM
I think the same people :cheer: Ejabby will be the same people who will be :headbang: when Abigail start behaving like ......well Abigail.
Ej and Abigail has always had chemistry on screen together...that doesn't mean they can "work" together.....they have absolutely nothing in common. Whether you liked Ejole or Ejami, atleast Nichole and Sami could/can go toe to toe with Ej. I dont see Abigail survivong Ej when his charm wears off. :blulaugh:
eh. we'll see what happens if they happen. I am here just to enjoy the chemistry, the aesthetics and the potential drama (fall-out wise) their being together for any amount of time could engender. I don't need them to have things "in common" necessarily - they don't have to be bff's or pen pals. I just want illicit something somethings and drama. And I feel if written correctly, there could be build-up that could cast a ONS or short-term affair as reasonably understandable and not so-out-of-the-blue contrived.
Edited by elci525, Dec 10 2013, 10:25 PM.

AFaithL

It feels good to have something NEW and fresh to root for.

phloe3

Quote:

Jeannie T knows how to push 'Jenny's' buttons but good. What better way than to tell the truth to that judgmental shrew that Jennifer has become and then watch her go off. The motivations behind this return to dark side manipulation were explained by Jeannie's resentment of her parents bringing Jennifer in as judge and jury of her fate and making their daughter grovel to her. That scene came off as OOT at the time, but it served a plot purpose.

good point. Jennifer has chosen to to think what she wants. She had no right to be involved in Teresa's fate

am103
Member Avatar

Good on TPTB for finally utilizing the chemistry between JS and KM. I like that they write Abigail as attracted to older men. Characters who are romantically involved don't ALWAYS have to be in the same age bracket. It's unrealistic. I feel like the EJ/Abby story could be what EJ/Taylor was supposed to be. The dark, dangerous bad boy and the sweet, innocent corruptible girl embarking on a forbidden affair. The set-up for EJ/Taylor was there. The execution and writing was simply awful. If JS and KM can pull it off, I'll be watching with eyes glued to the screen!

Damn I'm dying to know what Jordan's secret is. I hope it's something big!

Also LOVED that Theresa's been faking this whole time. Can't wait to see what she has planned!

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

KAM
Dec 10 2013, 05:09 PM
blueskies
Dec 10 2013, 05:01 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 04:57 PM
concerned
Dec 10 2013, 03:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Pick your Hope Slap type:

Larry:
Posted Image

Billie:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Chelsea:
Posted Image

Willow:
Posted Image

(Technically, Hope's also slapped Bo. lol.)
the second Billie for sure. I wanna see Sami fly.
Gal packs a wallop, that's for sure.
Yeah, that's the one. Hope wailed on KA's Billie. Even though she slapped Billie and punched Chelsea in the one after that, she damn near took Billie's head off with that slap, so that's the one I pick. lol

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Ej & Abby, Rafe and Jordan, Eric and Nicole, JJ and Theresa, Ciara and Theo, Lucas & new chick....ahhh times are good. Now bring on the storyline for Hope. :popcorn:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Dec 10 2013, 07:04 PM.

dixiercat

Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 01:42 PM
jam6242
Dec 10 2013, 01:39 PM
Matt
Dec 10 2013, 01:30 PM
So... when does little bad girl Claire come back to be the spoiler for Theo/Ciara?
Ciara will probably be the bad girl so Claire is going to have to be a good girl.
i tweeted Matt the exact same thing. lol.
Except Claire is related to Theo...or according to the year 2008 she was...Claire is literally related to everyone. She is a Brady, Kiriakis, Horton and Dimera...

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

AFaithL
Dec 10 2013, 06:23 PM
It feels good to have something NEW and fresh to root for.
What she said.

I might have to start watching if there's signs of EJ getting his swag back. He lost that as soon as he traded way down from Nicole to Sami.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 06:12 PM
Rosebud
Dec 10 2013, 04:34 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 03:58 PM
JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 03:54 PM

because that isn't the root cause of the problem they are facing, not having sex is not the issue....it's not trusting one another is...Sami stopped the sex because of the root cause...tackle the root cause and the rest comes naturally...with this they are doing neither....

Sex is about control and power for Elvis. He knows how to get what he wants from that nut case, Samanther.
yeah, that is why that mention by him rubbed me the wrong way. if he's so concerned about solving the problems so that Sami can open up to him, he should concentrate on the trust, the lies, etc...and leave the sex talk out of this convo...It wouldn't have bothered me so much if he would have said it after they settled their differences and after they had sex again....something like, Ej telling Sami in bed, 'boy, did I miss your body'....but for him to say, "you've denied me this and your body too and I'm sick of it..' just came off wrong IMHO....
Of course it did. Elvis is a jerk. He's a controller and an abuser. He's all kinds of wrong. But Sami is also all kinds of wrong too. They're wrong, period. They're not my cup of tea, but I know some fans enjoy that kind of couple. :shrug:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ejami is so boring and predictable, and the actors' chemistry comes off as so unnatural and forced to me. I want something new, and EJabby is the way to go! Mansi and Scott absolutely shine together - their connection on-screen is organic and natural. I mean they've already managed to make me care for this character connection, something some of the current couples (including EJami) have still yet to do.

DAYS needs to go there STAT! EJabby for 2014!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 06:12 PM
Rosebud
Dec 10 2013, 04:34 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 03:58 PM
JillianJ
Dec 10 2013, 03:54 PM

because that isn't the root cause of the problem they are facing, not having sex is not the issue....it's not trusting one another is...Sami stopped the sex because of the root cause...tackle the root cause and the rest comes naturally...with this they are doing neither....

Sex is about control and power for Elvis. He knows how to get what he wants from that nut case, Samanther.
yeah, that is why that mention by him rubbed me the wrong way. if he's so concerned about solving the problems so that Sami can open up to him, he should concentrate on the trust, the lies, etc...and leave the sex talk out of this convo...It wouldn't have bothered me so much if he would have said it after they settled their differences and after they had sex again....something like, Ej telling Sami in bed, 'boy, did I miss your body'....but for him to say, "you've denied me this and your body too and I'm sick of it..' just came off wrong IMHO....
I think the "big deal" is that the line that he's sick of being denied her body came from a man, to the woman, that he has already raped while she cried. After only two days. A line like that comes off as a threat, not a discussion of issues.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 12/9/13-Friday 12/13/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Chyka
Ian Patrick Williams - The Gentleman

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Posted Image

Posted Image

KAM

Jason47
Dec 10 2013, 07:54 PM
Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 12/9/13-Friday 12/13/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Chyka
Ian Patrick Williams - The Gentleman
Thanks, Jason. Good to see MBE and JE on the list. Did Percy Ruggles lose his name?

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

SunAngel
Dec 10 2013, 12:15 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 12:08 PM
Today's episode:
Continuations of Jordan/Rafe, Sami/Kate/Gabi/Will, Fetch
No Ericole again :yawnz:

Dannifer :whistle: I used to wish for them to be broken up, but it's really a curse. They are even more unbearable pining for each other and having the entire Salem population knock on their doors and say how great they are for each other.

I'm on board having them reunite and be backburned, living happily ever after. It's the only way, and I'm not really interested in them having storylines with other people. It's killing two birds with one stone.
What a waste of airtime spent on the boring Dannifer/Fetch "conversation" which solved absolutely nothing. Just a rehash of what has been said before. Such a stupid storyline. Just end it and move on already.

AFaithL

"Father Figure" by George Michael should be their theme song.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

DaraFan
Dec 10 2013, 01:08 PM
KM and JS have some serious chemistry going on.
I agree. More than EJami.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Bring on Ejabby!! Loved their scenes today... some good chem going on there!! :wub:

Hated the Sami and EJ scenes.. abusive behavior with a couple isn't my cup of tea :yuk:

Kill and bury Fetch already... their conversations are so repetitive and boring. No one cared about these two in the first place.. get them off my screen.

Seriously, I'm getting pretty weary of the same Gabi, Kate, and Sami scenes and conversations day after day. Enough already. :facepalm:

Cute Rafe and Jordan scenes again today... Kate, honey, you need to get a life... one that isn't centered around Rafe... he's moved on. :cheer:

Gotta love Ciara and Theo... what a duo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply