Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, December 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 10 2013, 12:44 AM (14,697 Views)
pagraves
Member Avatar

Finally getting to see today's episode. I'm not fully onboard the Ejabby 'ship, but I'm not against it, necessarily. I do think they have good chemistry, and unlike a few posters, I don't think he was playing her, at least not at this point. He seemed genuinely thoughtful when she told him he wasn't quite pulling off the bad guy act, as if there's a part of him that wishes that were true. (Not that I think he does have the capacity to be a good guy, but I do think sometimes EJ wishes it were true).

Rafe/Jordan are cute together, but I think we need some conflict/drama with them before I can fully root for them. Right now, they have more potential than anything else. Let's see if that continues once they hit a big snag.

I felt so sorry for Gabi, being hammered on either side by Kate and Sami. I didn't blame her a bit for making her escape. Those two are exhausting!

I don't hate Daniel when he's away from Jennifer, but when they're together, it's like nails on a chalkboard. Which probably means that it's really Jennifer I don't like, doesn't it? I hate that, because I loved Jennifer back in the Jack and Jen days. I'd like to love her again, but it's not going to happen with Daniel and apparently it's not going to happen without him, either.

Sure hope Eric and Nicole are on tomorrow.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Whoo! Today was super fun! Dannifer felt like torture but that's not new. Moving on.

Theresa was playing everyone! :omg: She even fooled me! Yes! Bad Girl Theresa is here to stay! Poor JJ. You should have kept your mouth shut, but I appreciate that he tried to do the right thing.

Oh dear, EJ was being all gorgeous, smart, reading Jack's book... Abby's a goner. Good luck and God speed, girl.

Team Kami was hot fiyah once again!

Jafe, damnit, they had me giggling like a schoogirl. Totes adorbs.

Poor Kate. She should have let Rafe go a long time ago. When Rafe dumps you, you've hit rock bottom. -_-

Sami and EJ... HAWT!!!! WHOOOO!!!! I WAS NOT READY! BUT I NEED MORE!!! *fans self*

Side note: AS looked hot on TBL with the brown hair! I can't wait to see her rock the hair on Days!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

After watching today's episode, I don't see any chemistry from js and km. it's coming from km, but not js. He isn't IMO putting his heart into his scenes as much as he does with Ali. I don't think he's feeling EJ and Abby. To be honest, I'm not feeling it either after today's show.he had passion In his scenes with Ali, but his scenes with Kate fell completely flat. IMO I just don't feel James is into ejabby. There's no fire in his eyes when he acts with Kate, whereas when he's with Ali, Lauren or Joe , there more passion there.
Edited by SummerAngel, Dec 10 2013, 09:28 PM.

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

elci525
Dec 10 2013, 06:22 PM
eh. we'll see what happens if they happen. I am here just to enjoy the chemistry, the aesthetics and the potential drama (fall-out wise) their being together for any amount of time could engender. I don't need them to have things "in common" necessarily - they don't have to bff's or pen pals. I just want illicit something somethings and drama. And I feel if written correctly, there could be build-up that could cast a ONS or short-term affair as reasonably understandable and not so-out-of-the-blue contrived.
Posted Image
Edited by countess_cutlass, Feb 10 2014, 10:38 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

countess_cutlass
Dec 10 2013, 09:34 PM
elci525
Dec 10 2013, 06:22 PM
eh. we'll see what happens if they happen. I am here just to enjoy the chemistry, the aesthetics and the potential drama (fall-out wise) their being together for any amount of time could engender. I don't need them to have things "in common" necessarily - they don't have to bff's or pen pals. I just want illicit something somethings and drama. And I feel if written correctly, there could be build-up that could cast a ONS or short-term affair as reasonably understandable and not so-out-of-the-blue contrived.
Posted Image
OT: I love that gif. :laugh:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

AFaithL
Dec 10 2013, 08:29 PM
"Father Figure" by George Michael should be their theme song.
I'm done! :laugh: *starts singing the song*

Pookie
Member Avatar

I don't care what Theresa does to JJ, as long as she gets him naked again. This is pretty much me every time I see Casey Moss/JJ:

http://youtu.be/mrBV8EeiHJM

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 05:17 PM
elci525
Dec 10 2013, 05:10 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 04:59 PM
Hamilton
Dec 10 2013, 04:54 PM
God love Ciara! They could write a whole episode following that little imp around and I would be delighted. I had such a grin when Theo gave her the earring and she held it up to her ear before carefully stowing it away in her backpack.
Please, TPTB!! Make an entire Ciara-centered episode happen!!
omg yes! Ciara Explains It All (I am probably dating myself here......wah wah)
If you're dating yourself with that reference, then I must be old. lol. ;)
There are adults who were born after that show aired, so yeah, sorry (to you and to me) lol.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Theresa just leapfrogged several characters to land just behind Nicole as my favorite female character on the show. She was glorious today. This is the version of Theresa that I want to see more of in Salem as I could grow to love her on a regular basis. She is just what this show needs right now.

Where the hell was Sonny if he wasn't at the apartment or the club or the square or the pub? Was he at the mansion visiting his parents whom we never see any more?

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

I was super duper pro-show for a solid 3 weeks and now I'm back to meh. I did however like Teresa today so there was that.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Good episode. Theo and Ciara are adorable. Theresa is starting to grow on me. I happily Ffed Dannifer and pretended they didn't exist. The Ej/Abby scenes..... Wooooh. Swooning was definitely what I did at the end of that scene. Thought I might actually faint for a moment. This may just be my new ship. :blush: . I am also liking Rafe and Jordan. They have the whole cute thing going on. The three stooges trying to cover their asses was enjoyable too. As for the Ejami "body" comment. I didn't think it was a big deal. I was however mildly repulsed by it.
Edited by MissLola, Dec 10 2013, 10:03 PM.

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7

Hahaha, me too! I always try to use whenever I can. :blulaugh:

MissLola

As for the Ejami "body" comment. I didn't think it was a big deal. I was however mildly repulsed by it.

I agree. I do think it was unfortunate and cringe-worthy, but relatively in character for EJ and his relationship with Sami.

Jason47
Member Avatar

KAM
Dec 10 2013, 08:22 PM
Jason47
Dec 10 2013, 07:54 PM
Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 12/9/13-Friday 12/13/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Chyka
Ian Patrick Williams - The Gentleman
Thanks, Jason. Good to see MBE and JE on the list. Did Percy Ruggles lose his name?

No, I just listed it as NBC listed it in the credits. He hasn't gotten the name yet on the show...we just knew his name in advance, so DR has been calling him Percy Ruggles. Most fans don't know his name yet. It might not be revealed on air until January or February. He's still listed just as Gentleman in the December episode paperwork I have.

Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, Dec 10 2013, 10:22 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

six
Dec 10 2013, 09:51 PM
Supergirlx2
elci525
Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 04:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
omg yes! Ciara Explains It All (I am probably dating myself here......wah wah)
There are adults who were born after that show aired, so yeah, sorry (to you and to me) lol.
indeed - thanks for confirming it six :-/ .

Did not mean to suggest you are old, Supergirlx2!! I just had a "momentous" bday this year I am still trying to come to grips with and now to me early 90s seems like EONS ago and there is indeed a whole generation who don't know what quality Nickelodeon like that used to be ;) So boohoo to me..... lol
Edited by elci525, Dec 10 2013, 10:31 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

elci525
Dec 10 2013, 10:28 PM
six
Supergirlx2
elci525

Did not mean to suggest you are old, Supergirlx2!! ;) I had a "momentous" bday this year I am still trying to come to grips with and now to me early 90s seems like EONS ago and there is indeed a whole generation who don't know what quality Nickelodeon like that used to be ;) So boohoo to me..... lol
i had a "momentous" bday myself this year. it's scary that there are teenagers who were born in this century. lol. i'm not sure i've fully been able to accept that fact yet.

elci525
Member Avatar

deleted

Edited by elci525, Dec 10 2013, 10:36 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 10:32 PM
elci525
six
Supergirlx2

Did not mean to suggest you are old, Supergirlx2!! ;) I had a "momentous" bday this year I am still trying to come to grips with and now to me early 90s seems like EONS ago and there is indeed a whole generation who don't know what quality Nickelodeon like that used to be ;) So boohoo to me..... lol
i had a "momentous" bday myself this year. it's scary that there are teenagers who were born in this century. lol. i'm not sure i've fully been able to accept that fact yet.
me. too.

:'( :cheers:

anyhoo...back to the show, how about that EJ and Abigail, amiright?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

countess_cutlass
Dec 10 2013, 10:12 PM
JamaicanBeauty7

Hahaha, me too! I always try to use whenever I can. :blulaugh:

MissLola

As for the Ejami "body" comment. I didn't think it was a big deal. I was however mildly repulsed by it.

I agree. I do think it was unfortunate and cringe-worthy, but relatively in character for EJ and his relationship with Sami.
I thought it was a bit weird and "our bed" would be a better fit. Then again, they have sex A LOT so I can kinda see how his mind went there. EJ is deprived and is on edge. He needs his Sami fix I guess. :laugh:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

elci525
Dec 10 2013, 10:37 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 10 2013, 10:32 PM
elci525
six

me. too.

:'( :cheers:

anyhoo...back to the show, how about that EJ and Abigail, amiright?
& how abouts them Tiara.

On a serious note, I did love Hope's reactions & statements regarding Bo. Especially her line to Abby about how "sometimes you just don't have a choice in the matter", referring to being happy without a man in your life. Not sure if everyone noticed, but after that line, you can 1/2 see Abby put her hands on Hope's.
I wonder if that bit might be foreshadowing something, and not just being Hope's reflection on the last year. I do wish we'd gotten to see more of Hope & Ciara missing Bo throughout the year, not just inserting it when the plot point was necessary.

Also, KA looks like she should be playing KM's older sister, not someone who's older than Abby's mom.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

No matter where EJabby goes (which, by the way, is smoking hot), I'll forever love EJ just for that speech about Jack today. I don't even care if he was faking it to sell Abby on something - he wasn't wrong.

It gives me a sliver of hope that there is at least ONE writer on the DAYS staff that understands the core of Jack Deveraux. The travelling stuff was the crap-tastic abandonment party line they try to push, but the rest? Spot-effing-on.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply