Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, December 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 10 2013, 12:44 AM (14,954 Views)
KAM

Jason47
Dec 10 2013, 10:17 PM
KAM
Dec 10 2013, 08:22 PM
Jason47
Dec 10 2013, 07:54 PM
Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 12/9/13-Friday 12/13/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Lauren Boles - Ciara Brady
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Allison Paige - Bev
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Chyka
Ian Patrick Williams - The Gentleman
Thanks, Jason. Good to see MBE and JE on the list. Did Percy Ruggles lose his name?

No, I just listed it as NBC listed it in the credits. He hasn't gotten the name yet on the show...we just knew his name in advance, so DR has been calling him Percy Ruggles. Most fans don't know his name yet. It might not be revealed on air until January or February. He's still listed just as Gentleman in the December episode paperwork I have.

Posted Image
Oh thanks for that, Jason. Glad we're going to get to know Percy Ruggles better in the coming months. So Percy's going to be in a scene with Kate, Gabi and Wilson while Ari's getting a Santa picture. That sounds like a lot of fun. And Lucas is going to be there, too. I can't wait. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Matt
Dec 10 2013, 01:19 PM
EJ & Abby is SO on. Anvils are dropping all over DiMansion today
Abby's panties are next...

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

:embarrassed: :teehee:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jb1183

Romancer66
Dec 10 2013, 05:50 PM
KAM
Dec 10 2013, 04:58 PM
phloe3
Dec 10 2013, 04:36 PM
None of this makes sense. Teresa isn't telling anyone she slept with Daniel. Jennifer decided that is what happened. Teresa even told her the other day she made up everything. What is the point?
To let Jennifer be the instrument of her own torture?

Jeannie T knows how to push 'Jenny's' buttons but good. What better way than to tell the truth to that judgmental shrew that Jennifer has become and then watch her go off. The motivations behind this return to dark side manipulation were explained by Jeannie's resentment of her parents bringing Jennifer in as judge and jury of her fate and making their daughter grovel to her. That scene came off as OOT at the time, but it served a plot purpose.
At this point, Jennifer is sabotaging herself--without any help from Theresa or JJ. Daniel's choosing to keep his mouth shut (although if this show didn't rely so heavily on characters being stupid to drive the plots, he could reveal enough of the truth to get himself off the hook and still leave JJ completely out of it). But Jennifer's choosing to believe the worst of him, to ascribe malicious motives to him on virtually no evidence but gossip and her own wounded ego. Stinker though she is, Theresa was dead right when she said Jennifer loves to think the worst of people. And she hates to be wrong about anything. Her current conversations with Daniel all consist of her telling him what a horrible person he is and how right she was to break up with him. She's constantly justifying herself and blaming everyone else. Daniel thought he was getting the Sweetheart of Salem. Instead, he got a judgmental shrew who refuses to give him the benefit of the doubt. When the truth comes out and Jen-Jen comes to fawn at his feet again, I hope he has more sense than to take her back, because the whole cycle would just start all over again the next time an attractive woman who's not a blood relation enters his orbit.
As manipulative and amoral as she may be, Theresa is completely right about Jennifer. She's an immature, selfish, whiny harpy with shockingly little empathy or compassion for people who are struggling.

Daniel is now finally getting a taste of the abuse Jen-Jen heaped on Jack following his ordeal in Afghanistan. Hopefully Daniel will get the chance to tell off the judgmental hag the way I would have loved to have seen Jack do.
Edited by jb1183, Dec 11 2013, 02:31 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Just saw the Abby and Ej scene.. not sure what I thought, something felt off. Have to look at it later today again.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 10 2013, 03:06 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 02:51 PM
I think they are intentionally building up his frustration, this line can't be just for the hell of it. I think if it was it's painting Ejami in a very shallow light, which I have always thought they were anyway, but this type of dialogue doesn't do the couple any favors. Given that she's jsut changed clothing twice, it's been two days and he's already going bananas over her no sex thing...then what type of true foundation do these two have? NOTHING? Yep....

So maybe there is a reason to why this dialogue is being put in now. In addition to the sexually frustrated thing, and we'll see tomorrow after what airs from them....if Ejami doesn't resolve their issues and it stays the same way and she continues to be evasive and preoccupied with him finding out then I don't doubt that Ej will end up with Abby and it might just not be a one sided thing after all, who knows.
Yeah, I think today's show spelled out pretty clearly where they're going with this story. Ejami is obviously growing more distant and doesn't look to be reconnecting anytime soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised for them to go on a break in the near future. If that happens, I could definitely see Ejabby having a ONS, rather than just a one-sided crush from Abby. But it's also already obvious that Ejabby is going to be short-lived. Abby thinks he's not really a bad guy and EJ is acting all Everetty, so they're definitely not creating a real foundation for these two. So yeah, Abby is going to get a wake-up call eventually, probably when EJ forces her to lie about their affair once Sami takes him back. At least that's where I see it going.

I'm okay with the Sami taking him back scenario as long as Abby later finds out she's pregnant.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 10 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't get the big deal about the "denying access to your body" line. I mean, isn't that exactly what she's been doing? She didn't move out. She didn't break up with him. She didn't tell him she doesn't love him. Instead, she told him she's not going to share her secret and she's not going to have sex with him. So, he's basically just saying he's sick of his punishment in the exact terms she defined it.
The "denying me access to your body" line sounded like the lord of the manner line to a serving wench in a novel set in the eighteenth century,it was creepy.That is not a statement a man in love makes to the woman he loves.It is as if he is more concerned with the fact that he is not getting any than the loss of the emotional closeness between them.As I said in posting about the scene between EJ and Stefano,EJ seems to see Sami as a trophy not the love of his life.There is very little tenderness between Sami and EJ,he showed more tenderness to Abby today than Sami.All you get with them is shouting,pushing,grabbing,aggressive sex,a variation on the deadbaby sex not love with tenderness.

jwsel
Member Avatar

KAM
Dec 10 2013, 04:58 PM
phloe3
Dec 10 2013, 04:36 PM
None of this makes sense. Teresa isn't telling anyone she slept with Daniel. Jennifer decided that is what happened. Teresa even told her the other day she made up everything. What is the point?
To let Jennifer be the instrument of her own torture?

Jeannie T knows how to push 'Jenny's' buttons but good. What better way than to tell the truth to that judgmental shrew that Jennifer has become and then watch her go off. The motivations behind this return to dark side manipulation were explained by Jeannie's resentment of her parents bringing Jennifer in as judge and jury of her fate and making their daughter grovel to her. That scene came off as OOT at the time, but it served a plot purpose.
The scene served a plot purpose, but it was a great example of how the show ignores characterization to serve plot. You're absolutely right that Jeannie T's resentment of how Jennifer was brought in to be judge and jury, plus Jennifer's utter lack of compassion, is logical fuel for Jeannie T's current actions.

But that begs the much larger questions about that original scene. First, why did Shane and Kim have Jennifer be the judge and jury, when she had no real reason to be involved in the decision? Second, why did Jennifer have so little compassion for Jeannie T when she has a long history of being willing to forgive far worse people than Jeannie T? Neither of those questions have good answers except that it was necessary to involve Jennifer in the story and provide fodder for Jeannie's anger. As a result, the original scene made Shane and Kim look like total idiots and horrible failures as parents, while Jennifer came off as a horrid bitch. Sure it serves the plot, but it's character assassination of the highest order.

And this is coming from someone who likes the character of Theresa and what she (and Jen Lilley) brings to the table. I was just realizing tonight as I watched that I wish they had made Theresa the daughter of Eve Donovan. She could still have had a connection to Shane and Kim, and it could have been explained that Eve dumped her kid on them so Theresa grew up with nannies and in boarding schools. (The show could have fudged how long Shane and Kim have been reunited or it could have come up with some reason why Theresa spent time with Kim as a teen to give her some history with some of the Bradys.) And making her Eve's daughter could have given her a real motivation for hating Jennifer, plus explained her personality so much better.
Edited by jwsel, Dec 11 2013, 04:07 AM.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

Hologram
Dec 11 2013, 02:40 AM
Just saw the Abby and Ej scene.. not sure what I thought, something felt off. Have to look at it later today again.
I agree. Something was off. I am getting more of a friend vibe. In earlier scenes in 2012, js was paying EJ will flirty smiles and kisses on the cheek for Abby. Now, he's much more subdued in last few scenes I've seen. I would love for ejabby to get together, but I just don't feel anything coming off js in these scenes as EJ with km as Abby. I saw more passion in his acting with Sami unfortunately today. Unless, he's going for the nonchalant and friends vibe with Abby because EJS proclaiming his love for Sami left and right. He's fought for her for so long, I doubt he's feeling anything for Abby right now. I like that though. A slow build is good like Rafe and Jordan. I like the fact EJ was warm and caring to Abby and they connected on a deep level about jack. That gives more substance to the pairing, so it makes sense now how js would pay it. I have never seen EJ connect with any other woman intellectually the way he connects deeply with Abby. I love that. I love how simple and non dramatic it is.

Rafe and Jordan are on fire. I hope they get married and have babies.

Theresa, love her. The new jan spears sort of. I think it's great to have a younger villainess on the show. Love it! Jen Lilley is amazing.

The whole Sami, Gabi, and Kate is behind dragged out. I think Gabi is going to crack.

Daniel and Jennifer bore me. Please move on from this couple!

Theo and Ciara delight me, but I miss Peter as Bo.

I don't think EJ was wrong about asking for sex from Sami. Normal couples have sex. I am just sick of the drama with these two. The games are old, but I love the amazing acting and passion they bring o their scenes together. I just wish Sami would just love ej for who he is, but Sami is Sami.

My only question is, if EJ gets with Abby, who will sami date? Lucas and Rafe are spoken for right?

Maybe Brandon comes back.
Edited by SummerAngel, Dec 11 2013, 04:49 AM.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

BeeBee
Dec 11 2013, 03:33 AM
tomsawyer
I don't get the big deal about the "denying access to your body" line. I mean, isn't that exactly what she's been doing? She didn't move out. She didn't break up with him. She didn't tell him she doesn't love him. Instead, she told him she's not going to share her secret and she's not going to have sex with him. So, he's basically just saying he's sick of his punishment in the exact terms she defined it.
The "denying me access to your body" line sounded like the lord of the manner line to a serving wench in a novel set in the eighteenth century,it was creepy.That is not a statement a man in love makes to the woman he loves.It is as if he is more concerned with the fact that he is not getting any than the loss of the emotional closeness between them.As I said in posting about the scene between EJ and Stefano,EJ seems to see Sami as a trophy not the love of his life.There is very little tenderness between Sami and EJ,he showed more tenderness to Abby today than Sami.All you get with them is shouting,pushing,grabbing,aggressive sex,a variation on the deadbaby sex not love with tenderness.
I disagree. Men want sex. Ej loves her. Normal part of a relationship. Sami is withholding because Eric, but she just murdered nick. She's not even focused on her fiancÚ. The games are old.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

DaysfanforLife
Dec 11 2013, 04:42 AM

My only question is, if EJ gets with Abby, who will sami date? Lucas and Rafe are spoken for right?

Maybe Sami can just give "it" a rest and focus on work,her children,and her grandchild.

JillianJ

BeeBee
tomsawyer
Not true. They are currently fighting hence the forceful nature of both of their personalities are coming out.....however, they don't call it handsy EJAMI for nothing, when things are good with them, their is so much love and tenderness. EJ did not even mention the lack of sex first and that was the only mention when compared to the entire conversation and fight being about their emotional separation.....pretty much the opposite.

JillianJ

DaysfanforLife
Hologram
I agree. Something was off. I am getting more of a friend vibe. In earlier scenes in 2012, js was paying EJ will flirty smiles and kisses on the cheek for Abby. Now, he's much more subdued in last few scenes I've seen. I would love for ejabby to get together, but I just don't feel anything coming off js in these scenes as EJ with km as Abby. I saw more passion in his acting with Sami unfortunately today. Unless, he's going for the nonchalant and friends vibe with Abby because EJS proclaiming his love for Sami left and right. He's fought for her for so long, I doubt he's feeling anything for Abby right now. I like that though. A slow build is good like Rafe and Jordan. I like the fact EJ was warm and caring to Abby and they connected on a deep level about jack. That gives more substance to the pairing, so it makes sense now how js would pay it. I have never seen EJ connect with any other woman intellectually the way he connects deeply with Abby. I love that. I love how simple and non dramatic it is.

Theresa, love her. The new jan spears sort of. I think it's great to have a younger villainess on the show. Love it! Jen Lilley is amazing.

The whole Sami, Gabi, and Kate is behind dragged out. I think Gabi is going to crack.

I don't think EJ was wrong about asking for sex from Sami. Normal couples have sex. I am just sick of the drama with these two. The games are old, but I love the amazing acting and passion they bring o their scenes together. I just wish Sami would just love ej for who he is, but Sami is Sami.

EJ is not leaving Sami for Abby so that is not going to be an issue.

DOOLette
Member Avatar

I dunno.

Overall, yesterday's epi made me feel like Tom Hanks in BIG, wiping off his tongue after tasting something awful. Was it caviar?

Oops. Loved Rafe & Jordan. Theo & Ciara too, kind of, again. Writers?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Dec 11 2013, 03:14 AM
tomsawyer
Dec 10 2013, 03:06 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 10 2013, 02:51 PM
I think they are intentionally building up his frustration, this line can't be just for the hell of it. I think if it was it's painting Ejami in a very shallow light, which I have always thought they were anyway, but this type of dialogue doesn't do the couple any favors. Given that she's jsut changed clothing twice, it's been two days and he's already going bananas over her no sex thing...then what type of true foundation do these two have? NOTHING? Yep....

So maybe there is a reason to why this dialogue is being put in now. In addition to the sexually frustrated thing, and we'll see tomorrow after what airs from them....if Ejami doesn't resolve their issues and it stays the same way and she continues to be evasive and preoccupied with him finding out then I don't doubt that Ej will end up with Abby and it might just not be a one sided thing after all, who knows.
Yeah, I think today's show spelled out pretty clearly where they're going with this story. Ejami is obviously growing more distant and doesn't look to be reconnecting anytime soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised for them to go on a break in the near future. If that happens, I could definitely see Ejabby having a ONS, rather than just a one-sided crush from Abby. But it's also already obvious that Ejabby is going to be short-lived. Abby thinks he's not really a bad guy and EJ is acting all Everetty, so they're definitely not creating a real foundation for these two. So yeah, Abby is going to get a wake-up call eventually, probably when EJ forces her to lie about their affair once Sami takes him back. At least that's where I see it going.

I'm okay with the Sami taking him back scenario as long as Abby later finds out she's pregnant.
No, for so many reasons that I don't have time to list. :facepalm:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DaysfanforLife
Hologram

Nooooooooooooooo

sami need to be single for while and not dating anyone.that is the appeal of all her men dating at once with other women for sami finally to be single and alone for while alone .in beginning of this year sami less than 24 hours almost slept with both rafe and ej.
and if they even bring brandon they should bring for nicole and abe and not for sami so she will not stay alone for even on second

and the problem of what ej asking is it because nature of his relationship with sami
Edited by Partnersincrime, Dec 11 2013, 07:54 AM.

six
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 11 2013, 05:04 AM
BeeBee
tomsawyer
Not true. They are currently fighting hence the forceful nature of both of their personalities are coming out.....however, they don't call it handsy EJAMI for nothing, when things are good with them, their is so much love and tenderness. EJ did not even mention the lack of sex first and that was the only mention when compared to the entire conversation and fight being about their emotional separation.....pretty much the opposite.
Yeah, you only have to go back to the day of the wedding (Salem day, not real life day) to see them being tender and teasing and playful with each other. I do think EJ could have phrased things more tactfully, but they're in the middle of a fight and Sami is only doing this to get back at him, so, :shrug:

fundays13
Member Avatar

Jennifer is a total judgemental bitch. Don't understand Daniels motivation for not telling her the truth but then she probably wouldn't believe him anyway. Rafe and jordan are a snoozefest. Not interested in the least. Think ej and abby could make a good couple.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Grant A. Johnson
Scriptwriter: Carolyn Cullitonl

Segment 1: Rafe - I always thought I'd have kids; it just never happened. Jordan - You didn't meet the right woman? Rafe - I thought I did when I was with Sami but well, she already had a family. Jordan - I met her son, didn't I, Will? Rafe - Right. Good kid. All the kids were great. I loved them. I miss them but it's not like having your own family. Jordan - Yeah, I guess not. Rafe - So what about you; you ever think about being a mom?

Gabi asks Will what he's doing here. Will reminds her that his family owns the pub. So what's the big secret? Kate calls him a chip off the block for eavesdropping. Will says he didn't hear anything. Kate - Actually we've been pumping Gabi for information about the baby. Sami - Exactly. We don't get nearly enough time with Arianna. Satisfied? Will - I would be if I believed a word of that.

EJ is working from home talking on the phone. Samantha was supposed to take care of that this morning. She didn't. No, I'm sure it just slipped her mind. I'll take care of it. He says Come in when someone knocks on the closed doors to the living room. It's Abigail. EJ thanks her for coming. Abby - Did you think that I wouldn't? EJ - I wasn't sure. Abby - Do you think I'd ignore a summons from the guy who calls himself a bad man? EJ chuckles.

Jen tells Dan it's about JJ. Dan expected it to be about Maggie. I heard that you offered to let her stay at your place until she and Victor got back together. Jen - I guess that's something we should discuss but I stopped you because JJ and I had a talk today about you.

When Theresa laughs after JJ tells her the truth about her OD he asks if she thinks this is funny. Theresa - No. It's just you, your face; you look so serious, like you're giving me this major newsflash when I already know. JJ - What! Theresa - Oh JJ, sweetie, I've always known. I remember everything that happened that night. Every single minute. JJ - You told me and everybody else that you didn't remember a thing. Theresa - What else was I going to do? Lay it all out for my parents and Aunt Hope, the cop. JJ - But not me! Theresa - I was going to tell you eventually. We might as well lay this all out on the table. It will actually be good to talk about this crap with someone. Sit down. I just opened a bottle of wine, do you want a glass? JJ - Wine, is that okay? Theresa - I am over 21. JJ - I thought you were in some type of program. Theresa - Oh please. JJ - I thought ... Theresa - OMG JJ! I'm going to have to back this up and start from day one, aren't I?

Dan picks up Parker and tells Jen he really doesn't have time right now; Parker is tuckered out from Xmas shopping. Jen - Of course. I forgot it was his bedtime. Dan - I can call you later. Joanne walks up and offers to take Parker to see a puppy at the bookstore. Parker goes with her. Jen - I guess we do have a minute to talk about JJ and you.

Hope and Ciara are sitting on the chairs near the nurse's station. Hope tells Ciara that Theo should be out of therapy soon. What do you think about the three of us having some hot chocolate before we head home? Ciara - Yeah! Theo likes whipped cream on his. Hope - Honey, he can have it any way he wants. His Dad says he's really missing his Uncle Cameron and his Uncle Chad. Ciara - I know but at least he still has his Daddy.

Kate - I guess we're going to have it to give it up because he is on to us. Sami - Kate, you can tell him what we were talking about. Kate - Gabi's future actually. Will - You mean after she gave up the modelling job in New York. You ladies are advising Gabi about life together? Kate - Yes we are and I know it seems a bit unusual but your mother and I are talking about having Gabi model for us. Will - Really? Where? In your living rooms? Kate - No, for the business. Sami - Exactly. I realise it's a bold move but I don't see why one model can't represent two rival companies. Gabi - No, I'm not going to model for anybody. I don't want to talk about modelling.

Segment 2: Will - I don't get it. The two of you have never teamed up on anything before and you suddenly don't even want to talk about modelling. You were just ready to move to New York to be a model. Gabi - That was before ... Kate - Before we talked to you about leaving town with Arianna. You know what it means to us and I know it was a painful decision for you; maybe you need a little more time. Kate turns to Sami - See, I told you it was too soon. Sami - And you were right for once. Kate - Honey, look, the doors will always be open, alright? Gabi - I know, thank you. Sami - I hope you're still going to show us the photos of Arianna. You said you had some on your phone. Gabi - What? Oh yeah. Will - Great! Sami - Will, you were there. We're the ones that want to see these pictures. Will - So get lost I guess, right? He gets up and tells them to not get in any trouble. He leaves. Gabi - Trouble! If he only knew. Sami - Smile. It's very important that you smile. Will watches from outside as they smile and gesture at the pictures.

Rafe wonders if his question was too personal. Jordan - No, it's just that I'm not sure I'd make a great mother. Rafe - I've seen you with kids. I've seen you with Theo and Arianna; you were a natural. Not to mention the fact that you said that you really enjoy it when you get the chance to work with kids in your practice. Jordan - I know what I'm doing in that situation but being with a child 24 hrs. a day; I don't know if I'm up for that. Rafe - That is a good point but I will say that kids are very forgiving with a rookie and I know this because of Sami's kids. Jordan - You know I'd really rather talk about you. Rafe - Come on, you already know everything about me. Jordan - How are you feeling about moving in to the transitional living space that Kayla found. Rafe - You're not going to let it go, are you? I'm actually kind of nervous about it but I'm very excited. Jordan - Good. Rafe - I guess my future is in your hands now.

EJ pulls out a box from the desk drawer and hands it over. While you're here I'll give you this. Abby - You got me a present. EJ - It's from Chad. She open's it. It's the Angel's wing. I didn't know if I'd ever see this again. EJ - Chad asked me to tell you that he was sorry he couldn't give it to you before he left. Abby - It's okay; he was in the hospital. EJ - It seems like it means a lot to you. Abby - It does. My Dad gave it to me when I was a little girl. He said that if I held it, it would take care of me. So whenever I got scared I would just hold it in my hand and it made me feel safer, better. I gave it to Chad when he got shot. EJ - That would explain why he was so anxious to get it back to you. May I? Abby - Yes. She hands it over to him. EJ - It's one of Raphael's angel's wings, isn't it? The baby angels from the painting of the dawn. Abby - I have no idea. My Dad never explained it to me. EJ - Well maybe this was your father's way of saying that you will always be his little angel. Abby - How did you know he called me that? EJ - I read the book. Abby - You read my father's book?

Hope - I know how much you miss your Daddy honey. Ciara - I made a wish that he'd come home for Christmas. Hope - I'm sorry. A nurse brings Theo over. Ciara asks Theo if he wants to go for some hot chocolate. Theo - Yeah! Ciara - We love hot chocolate. Hope - I know you do. Let's go. Theo tells Ciara he has a surprise for her. Ciara - Really? Hope - Theo, you're a very sweet guy. Come on kids.

Jen - I think JJ is realising that he needs to change his ways before his sentence hearing and one of the ways he's doing that is by being completely honest with me. So he told me everything that he did to come between us, the lies, the vandalism, all of it. Some of it I knew and some of it I suspected but it was really an emotional conversation for us. He feels horrible for everything he did and he is taking responsibility for it so I'm really proud of him for that. Dan - Great. Jen - But ultimately what happened between us, that wasn't JJ's fault, was it?

Theresa - I can tell by the way you're looking at me that you think I'm making this up. JJ - I was here Theresa. You didn't have a clue what happened. I don't get why you're saying you remember it all; nobody's that good of an actress. Theresa - So if I start describing how you came over and we got high, I'd just be making that up? JJ - Well you're safe there because most of the times we were together at least one of us was high. Theresa - So if I said you were really upset and I had to get rid of Hope so she wouldn't know you were here and then we did stuff we've never done before like start making out and it got hotter and hotter because we both wanted to for so long; well, I guess I'd just be making that up, right? And if I remember you getting on top of me, that would be a fantasy, right? And me saying that I know a way to get so much hotter but you got scared and only took a little sip of the G, just a taste. JJ - You do remember. Theresa - Yeah. You might want to rethink that comment about not being that good of an actress.

Segment 3: EJ - You know, I didn't have any intention of reading your father's book but Chad kept talking me into it so I thought I'd read a few pages just to shut him up. I picked it up and I could not put it down. Abby - Really? EJ - He was a very complicated man, your father. Abby - Yes, he was. EJ - And you know underneath all of the funny stories, the tales of adventure, I sensed a great loneliness in him and yet still he had this need to keep on travelling alone. Abby - You got that. Most people don't. I really miss him. EJ hands back the Angel's wing. Abby - Thank you. EJ - Don't thank me; I'm just the messenger. Abby - If you say so but this whole bad man thing, you don't quite pull it off. She gathers her things and leaves.

Sami - Gabi, you have got to get it together. Gabi - I do have it together. I'm going to go home now. Kate - Your brother is there. Are you together enough to see him? Gabi - Yes, I am. Sami - You're sure because you know how Rafe is. If he thinks you're upset he's not going to stop until he finds out what's bothering you. Gabi - Look, when I'm home with my baby I'm fine. I'm just not okay when I'm with the two of you. Sami - Well that means you have a problem because we are going to be talking a lot. We are in this together. Kate - Whether you like it or not. Gabi - I don't want to talk anymore, okay. Tomorrow I don't have class, we can talk then.

Jordan - Your future isn't in my hands, Rafe. I'm a physical therapist ... Rafe - And that's it, yeah, I know. I get it. It's just that Kayla said you're the one that makes the decision whether I stay in the hospital or move into my new transitional living space. That's the future I was talking about. Jordan - Okay, I'm really embarrassed now. Rafe laughs. So, when do I get to make that happen. And before you answer I do want you to think because I know you don't do outpatient therapy and this could potentially be the last decision you make for this patient because once I'm on my own all bets are off.

Kate and Sami are outside the pub. Kate asks Sami if she's found that missing earring yet. Sami hasn't. I'm retracing my steps. Kate - You need to find it because if it's down by the river's edge we both have a problem.

Ciara and Theo are at a table in the Club. Theo hands over Sami's earring. It's for you. It's our secret. Ciara - Okay. She holds it up to her ear - How do I look?

Jen - When I found out JJ was doing drugs I feel like all I could see was him. Dan - I understand. Jen - And I knew that I was going to have to make choices and those choices would just cut right through the heart of what he had. But I knew that my son's survival was more important than my own happiness. And I realise now that JJ was forcing me to make those choices but he was working out his anger at me through you. And I'm telling you if I had known that I would have done things differently.

JJ - So you know that Daniel was here ... Theresa - Only because you called him in a panic. Well I was unconscious at that point but why else would he be here. JJ - If you've known that this whole time then why lie? What did it get you? Theresa - It got me a chance to stay here in Salem. It kept me out of jail. JJ - How? Theresa - Because I did stupid, risky things. I almost died. I knew that if I answered all the questions about what happened that night my parents would put me on a plane back to LA and I'd have to face the music. Saying that I couldn't remember helped me convince them and the rest of my family that (she pretends to cry) I had a wake-up call. That I got it. It made them trust me that I could put my life back together in Salem. And it worked. JJ - It sure did. Your parents went home, you've still got your job at the hospital and you're sitting here drinking wine like it's all funny. Theresa - What are you getting at? JJ - People think that Daniel was here to hook up with you; the hospital thinks that, my mom thinks that. You have to tell the truth and not just to me.

Segment 4: Dan - Are you saying what I think you're saying? Jen - I'm just saying that if I hadn't made the decisions I made, our lives would be so different right now. Dan - Yeah, we'd be together. Jen - But I don't think that's a good thing, not anymore Daniel. Dan - Why? What happened? Jen - What happened? Theresa happened. Listen it's not because you were with someone else; I had no claim on you then. It's who you were with! You made choices too and that choice was so vindictive and so hateful. I never knew that side of you existed! And I am going to miss what we had but you know what, I will let it all go so I never have to see that side of you again. So maybe in the end I did make the right choice. And as crazy as this sounds maybe I owe Theresa a thank you.

Theresa - Do you know what you're saying? If I admit that I know what happened that night I'd have to say that you were here doing drugs with me. Don't you have a sentencing hearing coming up? JJ - I'm not asking you to make some big public announcement, just tell my Mom. Theresa - Are you serious! JJ - My mom thinks that Daniel was here the whole night. He can't tell her the truth. Theresa - Because he's covering for you. I don't give a damn one way or the other about your mother. She's not going to find out anything from me and she sure as hell isn't going to find out anything from you.

Jordan - Would you want to be in the new place by Christmas? Rafe - I would like that a whole lot. Jordan - Well then why don't you make the move tomorrow. Rafe - Really! Jordan - Yes and I already talked to a guy, Pete Clark, about coming in as your therapist and he's very good. Rafe - I was kind of getting used to having a woman therapist. I am a very liberated guy. I was thinking that even though technically that you'd be moving on maybe there's a way that you could still stay on the case. They're about to kiss when Ari cries. Jordan goes to get her.

Hope greets Will at the club and asks him how Arianna is. Abby walks up and sees the kids. Oooh, it looks like a big night out. Hope - A little pre-Christmas celebration. Abby - Do you know if Nick got off alright. Hope - Yes, that's what I hear. I got a text. Abby - Wow, Christmas season in New York; it must be amazing. Will - What? Nick's in New York?

Sami stomps into the living room of D mansion muttering - That stupid earring has to be here. She checks the sofa. EJ comes into the room and asks her if she's looking for something.

Segment 5: Sami tells him Piggy is missing. Sydney loves that thing. EJ - She must; you're tearing up the couch looking for it. Sami - I'm just trying to be a good mother. Is that a felony here? EJ - So this is why you're MIA from work today? Sami - I was hardly missing in action. EJ - You told me you were going to work. Sales was expecting your reaction to the presentation on email marketing this morning. Sami - Are you trying to start a fight with me? EJ - You wanted more responsibility and I gave it to you. Sami - Xmas is coming up and I have been thinking about the kids and wanting to get that under control. Four children to shop for and one grandchild. EJ - I see. Where exactly are the bags from this excursion, is that what you're looking for. Sami - No. EJ - You and I are doing this right now. You've denied me access to your secrets and your body for long enough and I'm sick of it.

Gabi is home carrying Ari around. She asks Rafe and Jordan if they want something to eat. Rafe - No, you relax. Besides you look kind of tired. Gabi - Yeah, I didn't sleep well last night. Jordan - We should probably get back to the hospital anyway. Rafe - We'll see you around, okay. BTW, it's almost Christmas, how come you don't have a tree. Gabi - We haven't thought about that. Rafe - Why don't you tell Will and Sonny to get off their butts and get a tree. This is going to be one special Christmas. Gabi - Okay. Goodbye. Gabi tells Ari that she needs a quiet night alone with her.

Hope asks Will if she can talk to him. They go near the bar. Hope - I know that you'll never really get past what Nick tried to do. Will - You mean try to steal my kid, yeah even though all the other Horton's are okay with it I don't think I'm going to be able to get over it. Hope - Maybe coming back to Salem, all the memories, was a mistake for him. But hopefully a big city is just what he needs. Will - Hopefully. It's got to be hard though. I mean, all those people and he doesn't know a soul. Hope - Actually he wasn't worried about that part, not at all. Will - No kidding. I have to go because I have the night shift with Ari. He kisses her cheek. I'll see you.

Jen - After I told you what JJ told me maybe this isn't the conversation you thought we'd be having. Dan - It wasn't really a conversation. I listened and you explained how you still think I'm vindictive and hateful. Jen - You're entitled to a response. Dan - Yes I am. Do you want to hear it? Jen - No I don't because you're actions are speaking really loudly. But you know what you listened to me so yeah, say something. Say whatever it is you need to say.

JJ - Just listen, that wake-up call that you said that you had, I had the same one. I went home and straightened things out with my mom and I thought that you could too. Theresa - Are you kidding? JJ - You're the one making all the trouble. What did she ever do to you! Theresa - She judged everything I ever did. She expected me to sit there like some pretty little convent girl. JJ - Are you talking about my Mom or yours. Theresa - When my parents were here they decided to ask for Jennifer's permission on whether or not I got to stay in Salem. I had to beg for her forgiveness because I was such a wicked girl. She knew that I almost died; she didn't even care. She looked at me like I was dirt. I don't know how you stand her. Your mother just loves thinking the worst of people and now she thinks the worst of Dr. Dan and I couldn't be happier. I hope that it's eating her up inside thinking about him doing it with the person she hates most in the world. She puts her arms around JJ's neck. I love it and I hope it never ends. JJ pulls her hands away. Well it's going to end right now.

Segment 6: Hope is with Abby at the bar now. So are you really okay about Chad? Abby - Yeah, definitely. I think I'm finally realising that I don't need man in order to be happy. Hope - No you don't. That's a good thing to know because sometimes you just don't have a choice in the matter. Ciara tells Theo it's a good thing she has her ears pierced. Theo - Now you have a new earring. Ciara - I love it. She puts it in her backpack.

EJ - You walk in here the night before last looking like a wreck. You've been on edge ever since. And Mad World's computer crashes and I hear Kate berating herself for having listened to you and now you turn the house upside down looking for something. You know I spoke to William. Sami - Oh now you're using my own son to spy on me. EJ - So Gabi's moving to New York with your granddaughter and you don't think to tell me. Sami - No, it's not happening but I can't believe you're going to stand there and yell at me about keeping something about my family from you. Do you realise how hilarious that is! EJ - Something is going on and it's more than you're letting on. Just please talk to me.

Dan - I have nothing to say. You pretty much said it all. Jen - Okay, that's fine. Then I guess we're done here. Tell Nicole I said hello. I know she's ... Dan - She just needed some place to stay. Jen - You don't owe me an explanation. I don't care who you're with. I don't care what you do. I just don't. I don't care. Dan - That's good to know.

JJ - If you're not going to tell my mom the truth then I am. I've kept my mouth shut long enough and I'm sick of it. Theresa - You sure you want to do that. JJ - I hate having to tell her what I did but maybe it's not too late for her and Daniel. Theresa - You're not worried about it getting back to the judge. JJ - I'm not worried about my mom turning me in, so no, I'm not. Theresa - I think you should be.

Segment 7: Jordan asks a nurse if Kayla Brady wrote the discharge order for Rafe Hernandez. Nurse - Not yet but she ordered the meds for him to take with him when he goes. Jordan - I'm going to see him so I'll drop them off.

Rafe is back in his hospital room. He tells Kate that he just found out that he's getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Kate - Wow, that is great. Rafe - I'm moving in to what they call a transitional apt. It's got things in there to keep me safe while I get my strength back, bars and what not. Jordan is in the doorway. I just wanted to say that getting out of here seems like the end of a really bad time. Kate - I'm sure it does. Rafe - And I want it to be the end of a bad time for both of us. Kate - Okay so what does that mean? Rafe - I'm getting back on my feet again so you don't have to feel guilty anymore. You don't have to come around here; you can have your life back. Kate - Ahh!

Sami - You don't like the way we're living well neither do I. We're just going to have to get used to it. EJ - I'm not living like this anymore. Sami - You don't have a choice. We're living like this because you didn't tell me what was going on with Kristen and Eric. EJ - I didn't tell you because I was afraid of what you would have actually done had you known. Sami - I can't believe we've had all this time and you still can't come up with something better than that. She tells him to get out of her way as she shoves past him but he grabs her and kisses her.

Will returns home. Gabi tells him she just got Arianna to bed. What's wrong? Will - We need to talk. Gabi - Okay, about what? Will - Nick.

Dan and Parker are sitting at a table in the square. Dan asks him what's in the bag. Parker - A present. Dan - Who's it for? Parker - You. Dan - I already have the best present in the world. You know what it is. It's you buddy.

Jen is at home and sees boxes of Christmas decorations on the coffee table. She pulls out mistletoe - cue flashback. Just let it go. Let it go.

JJ - What should I be worried about? You? You say I'm lying and it's my word against yours and everybody knows that you'll say anything to get your hands on drugs. I'm telling my Mom everything. Theresa pulls out her cell and shows him something on it. I wouldn't do that if I were you.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Dec 11 2013, 08:26 AM
JillianJ
Dec 11 2013, 05:04 AM
BeeBee
tomsawyer
Yeah, you only have to go back to the day of the wedding (Salem day, not real life day) to see them being tender and teasing and playful with each other. I do think EJ could have phrased things more tactfully, but they're in the middle of a fight and Sami is only doing this to get back at him, so, :shrug:
Yeah, being sweet and loving isn't something EJami has struggled with for most of the year. In fact, they got a little too sticky sweet for me at times. Remember the breakfast sex with the roses, LOL? But obviously not in the last month since the wedding.

Like I said upthread, I have zero issues with what EJ said. Or I should say I have zero issues with the sentiment he expressed. The use of "denying me access to your secrets and your body" is kinda an affected way to phrase it, but so are about half the things that he says. But yeah, expressing the frustration makes total sense to me since sex and secrets are the two things that Sami announced she's withholding from him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply