Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 11 2013, 12:50 AM (13,361 Views)
Abena
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 11 2013, 04:15 PM
concerned
Dec 11 2013, 03:44 PM
tomsawyer
Dec 11 2013, 03:32 PM
Matt
Dec 11 2013, 01:33 PM
imo, they're doing a really good job at laying the ground work for a temp EJ/Sami split thought would allow EJ/Abby to briefly happen
Yeah, I had the same thought yesterday with the contrasting Ejabby and Ejami scenes.

You've got this very real, flawed, passionate and extreme relationship with Ejami that is clearly coming apart at the seams right now because of mistrust on both sides. EJ feels like he's sacrificed everything, given everything and loved as much as possible, and it still may not be enough.

And then he's got this starry-eyed girl who thinks he's really a good guy deep down. There's no baggage, no complexity, no drama. So yeah, I can see how that's going to appear attractive at this moment. He may not take the plunge, but I think he will definitely be tempted at least. And if Ejami does go on a break for awhile, then I think they will probably hook up for a little while.
Unfortunately I don't see anything separating EJ and Sami anytime soon.
He may have a momentary flirtation with Abby but that will just send Sami hurtling back to him with the force of forty enraged bulls.

Rafe is supposedly tied up with Jordan.
Lucas apparently has a new love interest coming on board.

I don't know what they would have Sami "do" if she's not with EJ.
Yeah, I definitely don't see them splitting up Ejami for reals in the near future. When I'm talking about a break, I'm thinking more about a short-lived thing where EJ pulls a Ross Geller in that time period. But I could also see it being a one-sided thing on Abby's part that never gets further than some near kiss moment. Obviously that's my preference because an Evergail love story has zero appeal to me.
If they break up Sami and Ej....where will Sami live? Theresa is now using her apartment and I dont think Days have any money for a new set so my guess is She stuck with EJ at the mansion :blulaugh: :blulaugh: :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kinay

tomsawyer
Dec 11 2013, 08:11 PM
TreasureCove
Dec 11 2013, 07:53 PM
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I think the writers made up the "not trusting each other" and insecurity thing because they didn't want to deal with the real actual issues of why there is no trust. They are whitewashing them. The not trusting each other was Lumi's problem that happened after betrayals and lies that ended their honest friendship, and they really worked through the whys, and hows and forgiveness, and I didn't find that boring at all. E;ami began as lies, and escalated from there to open destruction and sadism. That's why I say they're not dealing with the issues.

Listing the sins and apologizing would be boring. I don't think having an in depth discussion about such agonizing subject matter would be boring.
Okay, I can understand why you don't believe that today's show was starting to get to their real issues. So if it's not a lack of trust and associated insecurities, what do you think are the underlying issues behind Ejami's destructive and sadistic behavior toward each other that they need to deal with?
That relationship is totally dysfunctional not to mention abusive. They could never get to the bottom of their issues, there are just too many. The worse one being that they are both pathetic liars, always have been and always will be. They will never trust each other, how can they? There is nothing they haven't done to each other. They are not what a good love story is based on and to have them pretend at it is a joke.

AFaithL

Abena
Dec 11 2013, 10:14 PM
tomsawyer
concerned
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He may have a momentary flirtation with Abby but that will just send Sami hurtling back to him with the force of forty enraged bulls.

Yeah, I definitely don't see them splitting up Ejami for reals in the near future. When I'm talking about a break, I'm thinking more about a short-lived thing where EJ pulls a Ross Geller in that time period. But I could also see it being a one-sided thing on Abby's part that never gets further than some near kiss moment. Obviously that's my preference because an Evergail love story has zero appeal to me.
If they break up Sami and Ej....where will Sami live? Theresa is now using her apartment and I dont think Days have any money for a new set so my guess is She stuck with EJ at the mansion :blulaugh: :blulaugh: :blulaugh:
Marlena? Caroline? I don't know, and quite frankly don't care. LOL

All I know is that I'm tired of the same ole same ole. I want things shaken up with Sami and EJ. I want fresh, new pairings and dynamics explored. At least temporarily. I'm bored with them.

I want EJ to be a playboy for awhile.

Abena
Member Avatar

KAM
Dec 11 2013, 08:28 PM
I liked the way Melissa Salmons had EJ run through pretty much his whole bag of tricks to dominate Sami: dazzle her with brilliance, baffle her with bullshit, shout her down with sarcasm, call her bluff by saying she should leave, and his usually most effective ploy, overcome her will through her lust. It was a nice touch to see that last one turned around on EJ.
This really had me :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I don't care where Sami lives,she can live in a cardboard box for all I care.

outrageous
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 11 2013, 04:01 PM
elci525
Dec 11 2013, 03:53 PM
JillianJ
Dec 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Don't see a break up either. I see Abby making Sami think something happen though, testing the whole trust thing that they are currently working on.
Oh I can see something momentary for sure, break-up wise. It's been spoiled that EJ finds out what Sami's hiding and confronts her about it and/or that Sami confesses everything re: Nick. But EJ is still holding back the fact he knew (for all of an hour, but still knew) the whole truth of what Kristen did to Eric (although I feel they played up how much he knew in those recent scenes with Stefano, over what happened when EJ actually found out, but if that is the new reality the show wants to put forth, then I'll take it). So that still has to come out, and from the how much those scenes with Stefano focused on how end-of-the-world it would be if Sami were to find out, I feel I can expect some decent if temporary fall out there. If after their "momentous" talk today Sami comes clean about her secret but EJ doesn't - and it's a secretly that directly impacts someone Sami cares about immensely (so I don't understand the idea her keeping a secret and EJ keeping a secret brings them to any kind of a draw) - I can see that as grounds enough for a split and then for something to happen with Abby, which would complicate things further. There are many holes there that need adequate filling and writing that needs to happen, but I can see a Ejami break happening. I don't see it as a long-term, but I can see it happening.
I think if the spoilers are right and
Spoiler: click to toggle
and he still doesn't come clean about ALL he knows then it'll be the means to end her relationship with him. You see, here is a woman who's twin is being humiliated and everyone in town knows that he's trying to prove his innocence here. Problem is there isn't much evidence for that to happen. Sami wants someone to help, heck she even went to Nicole for that.....so for Ej to have the means to do it and not go forth with it....truly is a problem I can see her breaking it off. If it's true about the spoiler above, then why wouldn't he disclose his own complete truth at the point she's telling him...it's the perfect opportunity to do so...'now that you've come clean and trusted me with this....and in an effort to prove that you can trust me too, here is what I know...' instead it looks like he'll continue to hold the truth.....unless something else happens with Abby that can lead to an Ejami break up right before there wedding, I still think this will be the thing that ends them in the foreseeable future.
We don't know that EJ isn't going to come clean. He might in order to save Eric's life. He just needs to stop taking Stephano's advice and burn that portrait on the wall. When has Stephano's advice ever worked for him?

Brilliant scenes with EJ and Sami today. James and Ali nailed them - I was literally breathless.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Damn Melissa Salmons for making me like Ej and Sami today. Woman is god I tell ya.

elci525
Member Avatar

outrageous
Dec 11 2013, 10:49 PM
LuvingLumi
elci525
Dec 11 2013, 03:53 PM
JillianJ
Dec 11 2013, 03:46 PM
Don't see a break up either. I see Abby making Sami think something happen though, testing the whole trust thing that they are currently working on.
Oh I can see something momentary for sure, break-up wise. It's been spoiled that EJ finds out what Sami's hiding and confronts her about it and/or that Sami confesses everything re: Nick. But EJ is still holding back the fact he knew (for all of an hour, but still knew) the whole truth of what Kristen did to Eric (although I feel they played up how much he knew in those recent scenes with Stefano, over what happened when EJ actually found out, but if that is the new reality the show wants to put forth, then I'll take it). So that still has to come out, and from the how much those scenes with Stefano focused on how end-of-the-world it would be if Sami were to find out, I feel I can expect some decent if temporary fall out there. If after their "momentous" talk today Sami comes clean about her secret but EJ doesn't - and it's a secretly that directly impacts someone Sami cares about immensely (so I don't understand the idea her keeping a secret and EJ keeping a secret brings them to any kind of a draw) - I can see that as grounds enough for a split and then for something to happen with Abby, which would complicate things further. There are many holes there that need adequate filling and writing that needs to happen, but I can see a Ejami break happening. I don't see it as a long-term, but I can see it happening.
I think if the spoilers are right and
Spoiler: click to toggle
and he still doesn't come clean about ALL he knows then it'll be the means to end her relationship with him. You see, here is a woman who's twin is being humiliated and everyone in town knows that he's trying to prove his innocence here. Problem is there isn't much evidence for that to happen. Sami wants someone to help, heck she even went to Nicole for that.....so for Ej to have the means to do it and not go forth with it....truly is a problem I can see her breaking it off. If it's true about the spoiler above, then why wouldn't he disclose his own complete truth at the point she's telling him...it's the perfect opportunity to do so...'now that you've come clean and trusted me with this....and in an effort to prove that you can trust me too, here is what I know...' instead it looks like he'll continue to hold the truth.....unless something else happens with Abby that can lead to an Ejami break up right before there wedding, I still think this will be the thing that ends them in the foreseeable future.
We don't know that EJ isn't going to come clean. He might in order to save Eric's life. He just needs to stop taking Stephano's advice and burn that portrait on the wall. When has Stephano's advice ever worked for him?

Brilliant scenes with EJ and Sami today. James and Ali nailed them - I was literally breathless.
You are right, we don't -- that whole exchange was mostly about laying out hypotheticals that might explain a break for Ejami. That was the point. If as spoiled Sami tells her secret, but if EJ keeps his, and if the truth of what happened to Eric comes out without EJ saying a word, that could be definite grounds for a break. But I don't think anyone said it was for certain going to happen this way or that it was a known fact EJ would stay quiet.
Edited by elci525, Dec 11 2013, 11:18 PM.

Abena
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Dec 11 2013, 09:37 PM
tomsawyer
Dec 11 2013, 08:11 PM
TreasureCove
Dec 11 2013, 07:53 PM
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I think the writers made up the "not trusting each other" and insecurity thing because they didn't want to deal with the real actual issues of why there is no trust. They are whitewashing them. The not trusting each other was Lumi's problem that happened after betrayals and lies that ended their honest friendship, and they really worked through the whys, and hows and forgiveness, and I didn't find that boring at all. E;ami began as lies, and escalated from there to open destruction and sadism. That's why I say they're not dealing with the issues.

Listing the sins and apologizing would be boring. I don't think having an in depth discussion about such agonizing subject matter would be boring.
Okay, I can understand why you don't believe that today's show was starting to get to their real issues. So if it's not a lack of trust and associated insecurities, what do you think are the underlying issues behind Ejami's destructive and sadistic behavior toward each other that they need to deal with?
For a start Sami could straight up ask him why he did some of those things, and not accept any dodging or bullshit answers. The majority of what Sami did was in direct retaliation for threats and attacks against herself and her family.

EJ threw it into Sami's face that she raped Austin when she was 16 and the Devil told her that it would make Austin love her. She was wrong for what she did those years ago, and right there was a point when she could have brought up Arnold, and demanded some real answers from him about why he broke the promise he made to God in exchange for Johnny's sight, and why he took such joy in her pain, and in scaring her daughter.

They were supposed to work through a truce together, for Johnny. At that point they were supposed to work on forgiving. Instead, EJ gave the go ahead for Allie, a complete innocent, to be kidnapped.
You pretty much listing their "sins" which everyone who watches the show is very well aware of.

The underlying cause of their "sins" is their "issue" of hurt/love&loss/mistrust/ lies/secret blah bla bla....and that's what they are trying to deal with(atleast in today's episode). I understand your (and some others) need for them to go through their "sins" and maybe apologies to each other but i agree with those who think that working on the root cause will not only help them deal with their past but also prevent( maybe reduce, its Ejami afterall :blulaugh: ) these horrible thing from happening in their future :wink:

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 11 2013, 09:36 PM
Today was great!

Ejami was hot fiyah! :rockon: So many emotions! Great job by JS/AS! :applause: I was cheering Sami on for most of the episode! Damn, she slapped him HARD! That's probably what JS referred to in MF's DOD interview. By the end of it, I was probably just as teary eyed as them, and pissed at EJ for not telling the truth. :facepalm:

Theresa is one COLD PIECE!!! OMG I LOVE HER!! Poor JJ, tho. :shame:

Jordan and her Olivia Pope- esque coat was gorgeous as always. I wasn't sure if Rafe was clueless or a jerk today. It's probably both. I wish Kate would cut her losses and let Rafe go. She's a flawfree woman in a fur coat. She can do better!

Sorry, Will. No one is thinking about you or your birthday.

If Tad knows what's good for him, he needs to stay away from Gabi. She's a walking disaster. :ermm:
I think the scene that James was talking about was the Fafe confrontation from July a couple of years back. If you watch it and think about in the DOD interview that James described her dropping her shoulder and coming up with a hook it is exactly what she did in that scene. She actually belted him twice with her fist...there was no slap involved. Joe Mascolo couldn't even watch and Tamara Braun 's reaction was priceless. James even messed up his next line because he called Taylor "Samantha" and Alison was shaking her hand like it hurt.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Abena
tomsawyer
concerned
tomsawyer

I think you're on to something.I love it when the budget dictates the storyline.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

concerned
Dec 11 2013, 03:13 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Dec 11 2013, 12:50 PM
Today's episode of Days of Our Lives features a guest-appearance by ScrunchyFace Sweeney.

Posted Image
Guest appearance ? - she gets more air time than Hope and Kayla combined.
I was talking about her scrunchyface specifically... lol.

concerned
Member Avatar

Abena
tomsawyer
concerned
tomsawyer

Isn't John coming back .... could she move in to the penthouse with John and Marlena?

concerned
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 12 2013, 12:08 AM
concerned
NocturnalBlondie
Today's episode of Days of Our Lives features a guest-appearance by ScrunchyFace Sweeney.

Posted Image
Yes I know - I was talking about her scrunchy face specifically as well.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

concerned
Dec 12 2013, 12:16 AM
Abena
tomsawyer
concerned

Isn't John coming back .... could she move in to the penthouse with John and Marlena?
She could get her own job and be an independent character!

I realize I may have stop loving Sami when she stopped being an independent character. Mt favorite female characters have always been independent. If the world ended those bitches would ride on like Scarlet! That Sami no more. She'd just sit down a throw a pity party.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

The REAL issue this show fails to address with EJ and Sami is the way theyve treated one another since day one has been nothing more than hateful and disgusting. They have no real LOVE story. just two people who get off by fucking. Pretty sick since their "first" time was forced and degrading. Instead Days tries to act like its two people deeply in love with "issues" when Ive seen her choose other men over him first till they finally dumped her ass and her show no respect or regard for EJ since she shot him in THE HEAD. Thats why I cant take anything about them seriously or find them rootable. EJ is obviously a bully and Sami needs her head checked. Ive been over their crap for 7 years. Days needs to move on already.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

concerned
Dec 12 2013, 12:17 AM
NocturnalBlondie
Dec 12 2013, 12:08 AM
concerned
NocturnalBlondie

Posted Image
Yes I know - I was talking about her scrunchy face specifically as well.
Touché.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Dec 12 2013, 01:56 AM
The REAL issue this show fails to address with EJ and Sami is the way theyve treated one another since day one has been nothing more than hateful and disgusting. They have no real LOVE story. just two people who get off by fucking. Pretty sick since their "first" time was forced and degrading. Instead Days tries to act like its two people deeply in love with "issues" when Ive seen her choose other men over him first till they finally dumped her ass and her show no respect or regard for EJ since she shot him in THE HEAD. Thats why I cant take anything about them seriously or find them rootable. EJ is obviously a bully and Sami needs her head checked. Ive been over their crap for 7 years. Days needs to move on already.
I am not saying that it cannot be done but thus far the writers have not penned anything that make EJ and Sami rootable as a couple for me although I find I can accept each of them with other partners.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Pookie
Dec 11 2013, 05:29 PM
jwsel
Dec 11 2013, 04:45 PM
six
Dec 11 2013, 04:05 PM
Kinay

You'll have to point me toward the people who are mystified about why Jennifer and Abby dislike Theresa, or not, since that's a separate issue.
Well I have been mystified by Jennifer's and Abby's hatred toward Theresa because it started from day one, well before there was any connection to JJ. I also thought Jennifer was over-the-top on blaming Theresa for JJ's drug use, as if she caused it, when Jennifer knew JJ had been dealing drugs at boarding school. And to top it off, I was baffled by Jennifer's behavior following Theresa's OD and at the pub. Jennifer has acted all along like Theresa is the devil incarnate but what she actually saw was a some want lazy, insolent employee who didn't kiss her ass. And Jennifer never once made any effort to try to get over her instant hatred for the sake of helping her old friends Shane and Kim -- you know, the people who went to bat for Jennifer to get the evidence that forced Lawrence to confess to raping Jennifer or who twice saved Jennifer's life when she and Jack were lost and presumed dead.

Now, in part due to her own actions, Jennifer has turned Theresa into the devil she always claimed she was. I don't think Theresa had any intention of hurting JJ -- and would have gone to bat for him with Jennifer -- until Jennifer played judge and jury over Theresa's life. That's the irony of the situation, and Jennifer contributed it to her by being judgmental and unwilling to even try to work with Theresa. So by assuming Theresa was responsible for ruining JJ's lifefrom the start, when JJ was doing it on his own, Jennifer now has pushed Theresa to actually want to ruin JJ's life.
I HATE to defend Jennifer in ANY way. But her first introduction to Theresa was when she found her sitting in her living room, waiting for JJ, clearly up to no good. JJ was already backsliding and Jennifer knew it. I'm sure the arrival of some sketch older woman looking to score with her baby boy went a long way in cementing Jennifer's hate of Theresa.
I understand that was Jennifer's first encounter with Theresa, but at the time, Jennifer didn't think JJ was using drugs. At the most, his "backsliding" was that he was ditching school and getting detention. So my problem with that scene being the basis for Jennifer's hatred is that her response was inconsistent with what she purportedly believed about JJ at the time. If Jennifer believed JJ was in trouble with drugs at the time, it might have made sense for her to think Theresa was pushing them on JJ, but Jennifer was clueless about JJ's problems. So maybe she thought Theresa was some sketchy older woman trying to hit on JJ, but that could have easily been handled with "hey, do you realize he's 17 and not legal?" Instead, Jennifer treated Theresa like she had committed some cardinal sin for being with JJ that one time and acted like she was a horrible human being from then on. When she found out Theresa had been hired, despite knowing nothing about her, Jennifer was immediately opposed to working with her and made no effort whatsoever to see if they could make things work. One of her very first statements to Theresa was about getting a map so she could avoid getting lost and having to stop by the Horton house (and she bitched all over town about how horrible her assistant was, including to Theresa's family members). So right from the start, Jennifer was jumping to the conclusion that Theresa was bent on corrupting JJ when, for the most part, Theresa had very little contact with JJ -- and certainly very little contact that Jennifer would have known about. So I think the irony remains. If Jennifer had just made some more effort when she was Theresa's boss, not assumed the worst about her, and not treated Theresa as if she had committed some crime by being with JJ during their first meeting, things might have turned out very different.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

EJami: I just hate them together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply