Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Matthew Holman & Glen Alen Gutierrez leave Days; Hairstyling department overhaul & long-time makeup artist leaves
Topic Started: Dec 12 2013, 02:34 AM (1,377 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

MAKEUP & HAIR STAFF CHANGES...FOUR LEAVE "DAYS" WHILE TWO JOIN THE SHOW

Makeup artist Glen Alen Gutierrez, who has been with "Days of Our Lives" since April 2007, has left the show. Also, the hairstyling department has had an overhaul. Hairstylists Matthew Holman, Jen Singleton and Maria Elena Panteja have all left the show. Holman (pictured above with his "Days" Emmy) had been with "Days" since June 2007, while Singleton and Panteja joined the show in 2012 and 2013, respectively. Holman's website states he is now a hairstylist on "How I Met Your Mother" as well as Alison Sweeney's hairstylist on "The Biggest Loser." All four were removed from the credits as of December 9.

Joining the show as the new assistant hairstylists are Leigh Ann Pitchon (most recently of "The Newsroom") and Armando Licon.
Edited by Jason47, Dec 12 2013, 02:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

They should fire the entire wardrobe team.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Can they bring the writers with them?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Kaha
Dec 12 2013, 05:40 AM
Seriously. I have seen enough leather in the past few weeks to last me a lifetime. Even poor 3 year old Parker is sporting a leather jacket...who's next..Arianna Grace?
Edited by magicsteacher, Dec 12 2013, 08:55 AM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Even with all the leather, the wardrobe is still lightyears ahead of the hot mess its been for the last few years. I adore Richard Bloore.

tylerbo20

Yes cause clearly the makeup team is the problem on this show lol

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Please let this mean better hair. Unless we've already seen their work, in which case, I'm not impressed.

Soap people need to have amazing hair.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 12 2013, 08:53 AM
Kaha
Dec 12 2013, 05:40 AM
Seriously. I have seen enough leather in the past few weeks to last me a lifetime. Even poor 3 year old Parker is sporting a leather jacket...who's next..Arianna Grace?
Not to mention the hideous way they dress Sonny and Will. If nothing else, they should think of poor baby Ari. She has to stare at those ugly shirts all the time. There must be a law or a UN convention against that kind of child abuse.

Kaha
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Dec 12 2013, 09:16 AM
Please let this mean better hair. Unless we've already seen their work, in which case, I'm not impressed.

Soap people need to have amazing hair.
At least the new hair people should get rid of that ugly blue streak in Kate's hair. She's not a 16 year old girl for god's sake.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

The most memorable think about Matthew Holman for me will always be him razzing Galen Gering on twitter for complaining about how he was portrayed on that soap reality show. The golden age of soap twitter.

fundays13
Member Avatar

Good riddance judging by what I saw in Fridays eppy. :yuk:

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Let's hope the new guys make Shawn Christian cut/brush his hair and pick up a razor.

OliveAnn

granolagirl
Dec 12 2013, 11:26 AM
The most memorable think about Matthew Holman for me will always be him razzing Galen Gering on twitter for complaining about how he was portrayed on that soap reality show. The golden age of soap twitter.
Really? I must have missed that.

I thought Holman was an OK hair stylist. Between him and that Patrick guy, he was the one who actually did some quality work.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Dec 14 2013, 02:03 PM
granolagirl
Dec 12 2013, 11:26 AM
Really? I must have missed that.
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8622732&t=8577738

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8622806&t=8577738

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Dec 14 2013, 01:52 PM
Let's hope the new guys make Shawn Christian cut/brush his hair and pick up a razor.
can all of the guys pick up razors... well all but Victor & Stefano, they can keep their facial hair. And when it comes to Jennifer's hair & wardrobe, I think, thank GOD!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Good...maybe the tacky as shit hair trend that has been happening on this show with their blues, pinks and whatever the fuck else will FINALLY stop.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Also has anyone else noticed that hairstylists ALWAYS have the WORST fucking hair ever.

The guy in the picture needs to lay off the bottle of Clairol bleach he likely picked up at WalMart.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 19 2013, 01:42 PM.

OliveAnn

Mitchapalooza
Dec 19 2013, 01:40 PM
Good...maybe the tacky as shit hair trend that has been happening on this show with their blues, pinks and whatever the fuck else will FINALLY stop.
The blues and pinks are actresses' personal choices, which TPTB for some reason allow. Like I said above, this guy was good. Lindsay Hartley's fabulous hair was his doing. It's one of his colleagues who was responsible for dinobraids and stuff like that.

SadieEsperanto

IDK who's in charge of makeup/grooming at the moment - or rather, who *was* in charge - but Freddie Smith has not looked this good in months. He's obviously an attractive guy but whatever I'm seeing onscreen right now is totally working for Sonny!

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I just want to see Nicole looking fabulous. AZ is a gorgeous woman and there's no excuse for what they've been doing to her lately.

I've given up hope that Daniel will ever shave... or shower... or get a haircut.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply