Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 12:29 AM (11,164 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

A bigger version:

Posted Image

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Jason47
Dec 13 2013, 03:13 AM
A bigger version:

Posted Image
Yeah, I'm totally gonna need a L-R list of characters on this picture, which btw is awesome sauce for this Friday the 13th morning!

blueskies
Member Avatar

i have to say I'm loving all these Doug/Julie pics. TomSell need to give it up & realize how much they are wanted back!

MissLola
Member Avatar

Maggie looks the same as she does now.

jam6242
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Dec 13 2013, 09:56 AM
Jason47
A bigger version:

Posted Image
Yeah, I'm totally gonna need a L-R list of characters on this picture, which btw is awesome sauce for this Friday the 13th morning!
L-R: Rebecca North LeClair (Hope's nanny and surrogate mother to Doug's son, Dougie); Maggie Horton; Laura Horton; Amanda Howard; Julie; Doug; Alice; Tom; Robert LeClair; Bill Horton; Dr. Greg Peters; Tommy Horton; and David Banning (Julie's son).

She's not in this picture but little Hope was the flower girl.
Edited by jam6242, Dec 13 2013, 10:41 AM.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

jam6242
Dec 13 2013, 10:40 AM
PALMommy
Jason47
A bigger version:

Posted Image
L-R: Rebecca North LeClair (Hope's nanny and surrogate mother to Doug's son, Dougie); Maggie Horton; Laura Horton; Amanda Howard; Julie; Doug; Alice; Tom; Robert LeClair; Bill Horton; Dr. Greg Peters; Tommy Horton; and David Banning (Julie's son).

Thanks! I remember Robert! Great picture! I'm really enjoying all the Doug and Julie pics too! :wub2:

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm guessing Mickey was institutionalized. Because I was like...where the hell is Mickey. lol

jam6242
Member Avatar

Keith
Dec 13 2013, 11:05 AM
I'm guessing Mickey was institutionalized. Because I was like...where the hell is Mickey. lol
He attended the wedding but I think he either had been recently released from the sanitarium or they let him out to attend the wedding.

Keith
Member Avatar

jam6242
Dec 13 2013, 11:06 AM
Keith
Dec 13 2013, 11:05 AM
He attended the wedding but I think he either had been recently released from the sanitarium or they let him out to attend the wedding.
Ah - that sounds familiar.

pagraves
Member Avatar

I had the biggest crush on Dr. Greg Peters. I'd forgotten until I saw his picture. I didn't watch much Days in the 1970sI was a GH/OLTL watcher back then. But I do remember Dr. Greg.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is when DAYS was in their creative heyday!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
Dec 13 2013, 10:40 AM
PALMommy
Jason47
A bigger version:

Posted Image

Brooke Bundy (Rebecca North LeClair); Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Hansen/Horton); Rosemary Forsyth (Dr. Laura Horton); Mary Frann (Amanda Howard); Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Anderson Williams); Bill Hayes (Doug Williams); Frances Reid (Alice Horton); Macdonald Carey (Dr. Tom Horton); Robert Clary (Robert LeClair); Ed Mallory (Bill Horton); Peter Brown (Dr. Greg Peters); John Lupton (Dr. Tommy Horton); Richard Guthrie (David Banning)

Sadly, from that picture, Frann, Reid, Carey, Mallory, Lupton, and Guthrie are all now deceased.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've often said that Daniel Jonas is what I would imagine the love child of Dr. Greg Peters & Dr. Neil Curtis might be like if that were possible. lol Clearly, Amanda had to be the surrogate.

jam6242
Member Avatar

pagraves
Dec 13 2013, 11:44 AM
I had the biggest crush on Dr. Greg Peters. I'd forgotten until I saw his picture. I didn't watch much Days in the 1970sI was a GH/OLTL watcher back then. But I do remember Dr. Greg.
When I was a child I used to like the actor (Peter Brown) when he was on the western "Laredo." Phil Carey from OLTL was on that show too. Peter Brown is on Twitter but he never says anything about Days.

Oh, and I have an old article somewhere about Tracey Bregman dating Peter Brown while she was on Days. She was about 16 and he was 44!
Edited by jam6242, Dec 13 2013, 12:12 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And, yes, that is Mary Frann who went on to co-star in the 1980s sitcom Newhart. She was a really big DAYS star back in the 70s and part of the popular Greg/Amanda/Neil triangle.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:11 PM
And, yes, that is Mary Frann who went on to co-star in the 1980s sitcom Newhart. She was a really big DAYS star back in the 70s and part of the popular Greg/Amanda/Neil triangle.
I liked Amanda best with Chris Kositchek. Josh Taylor had a thing for Mary in real life too but I don't know whether it was reciprocated. She died way too young.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

pagraves
Dec 13 2013, 11:44 AM
Lol. I had the same crush on Peter. It started with Laredo reruns and then when I saw him on Days, I was so happy. My memory gets foggy on things because I was so little, but I do remember stuff. And he definitely made an impression. Oh, and Robert Clary from Hogan's Heros. I liked him too, but no crush. lol

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

jam6242
Dec 13 2013, 12:14 PM
Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:11 PM
I liked Amanda best with Chris Kositchek. Josh Taylor had a thing for Mary in real life too but I don't know whether it was reciprocated. She died way too young.
Really?! I've always heard that the reason the kibbosh was eventually put on Chris/Mary was because Josh Taylor & Barbara Stanger couldn't STAND one another. Stanger was married to (and still is, I believe) actor Mark Miller at the time, making her the step-mother of actress Penelope Ann Miller & one time step-mother-in-law of Will Arnett.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Didn't Peter Brown cause some sort controversy in the 1970s while he was on DAYS for appearing in some sort of nude magazine layout with a female in an adult magazine?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply