Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 12:29 AM (10,778 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Pookie
Dec 13 2013, 04:08 PM
Reese
Dec 13 2013, 04:07 PM
Pookie
Dec 13 2013, 04:01 PM
Can someone explain this "test" Daniel is running on Eric? What's it doing beside making him hot and sweaty?
The procedure is supposed to cause Eric great pain because the chemicals are going deep into his body (I don't know what organs or bone marrow or what exactly. lol) to access and expose the drug Dr. Chyka used.

Daniel said the half life of the drug was a long one and still in Eric's body.
Is ANY of this based in real life science? Or we just supposed to role with this bullshit?
Yep. We just gotta roll with it. :chee:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Pookie
Reese
Pookie
Can someone explain this "test" Daniel is running on Eric? What's it doing beside making him hot and sweaty?
The procedure is supposed to cause Eric great pain because the chemicals are going deep into his body (I don't know what organs or bone marrow or what exactly. lol) to access and expose the drug Dr. Chyka used.

Is ANY of this based in real life science? Or are we just supposed to role with this bullshit?
i say to just roll with the bullshit. As I recall, a "partial pancreatic transplant" doesn't exist at all either, though it at least sounds more plausible than this. lol.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 04:19 PM
Pookie
Reese
Pookie

Is ANY of this based in real life science? Or are we just supposed to role with this bullshit?
i say to just roll with the bullshit. As I recall, a "partial pancreatic transplant" doesn't exist at all either, though it at least sounds more plausible than this. lol.
yeah, it's reminding me of Theresa's psychotic break due to "preeclampsia" & her stabbing Gwen, lol. Please...

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Pookie
Sshhhh... don't say anything or they may realize they don't need to run it.

Sweaty, shirtless Eric who's all woozy thinking about Nicole. Best. Test. Ever.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I finally get Marlena...and she is stuck with that fucktard of a doctor...brilliant!

Posted Image

Kaha
Member Avatar

Can we have sweaty Fallen Father Hottie in the hospital as long as Rafe, on the condition that he remains shirtless and sweaty?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 01:05 PM
Aimikins
Dec 13 2013, 12:36 PM
Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:27 PM
As much grief as people want to give Josh Taylor these days, I don't think a lot of people realize exactly HOW popular he was back then as Chris Kositchek. He was constantly ranking high on various lists of daytime's hottest hunks. He even won the 1978 Soapy Award (later renamed Soap Opera Digest Award) for Favorite Male Newcomer.
I remember crushing on him when I was little when he was on the Hogan family! :embarrassed: LOL
JT as Chris K was fun and kinda awesome. Just like how Marlena used to be allowed to wear jeans, crack jokes, etc. Maggie used to be allowed to have affairs.

Apparently only Julie is allowed to age with her full personality intact.
Remember when Marlena wore sweats, at home, and sat around reading books, at home? Her kids coming over for advice, at her home? John and Marlena fooling around before or after bickering, at home? Marlena making snide, sassy remarks at whatever was going on? Because she had a home, and a personality, and was allowed to be the smartest person in the room?

That's what I miss most of all.

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Dec 13 2013, 03:33 PM
Marlena and Nicole are AWESOME in scenes together! I really hope this continues.

Marlena: "Your worry looks a lot like love. And if I can see that, others can too."
Didn't EJ say the same thing over 4 months ago. ThingsaremovingfastinSalem#

concerned
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 13 2013, 04:42 PM
JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 01:05 PM
Aimikins
Dec 13 2013, 12:36 PM
Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:27 PM
As much grief as people want to give Josh Taylor these days, I don't think a lot of people realize exactly HOW popular he was back then as Chris Kositchek. He was constantly ranking high on various lists of daytime's hottest hunks. He even won the 1978 Soapy Award (later renamed Soap Opera Digest Award) for Favorite Male Newcomer.
I remember crushing on him when I was little when he was on the Hogan family! :embarrassed: LOL
JT as Chris K was fun and kinda awesome. Just like how Marlena used to be allowed to wear jeans, crack jokes, etc. Maggie used to be allowed to have affairs.

Apparently only Julie is allowed to age with her full personality intact.
Remember when Marlena wore sweats, at home, and sat around reading books, at home? Her kids coming over for advice, at her home? John and Marlena fooling around before or after bickering, at home? Marlena making snide, sassy remarks at whatever was going on? Because she had a home, and a personality, and was allowed to be the smartest person in the room?

That's what I miss most of all.
I miss that for a lot of characters - not just Marlena, but Marlena particularly.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Okay, the depiction of drug use is really bugging me. I can roll with all the other bullshit but drug addiction is a complex illness with devastating consequences, and they should not use it as a plot point without addressing it's real impact. The least they could've done is offer JT (who overdosed for god's sake) counseling—individual or group—and maybe a behavioral therapy with Marlena instead of suggesting AA (which is one form of treatment for people with alcohol addiction). You know they keep talking about AA so that they can insert Maggie and her rejection of Theresa. The woman oded and was brought to the hospital and no one thought she should be assigned a social worker from the hospital. WTF Days!

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm wondering what kind of "benefits" Dr Chyka is partial to.

concerned
Member Avatar

OK Nicole you just asked him not to talk... and then you asked him What is it? Stupid script writing.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Reese
Pookie

I think he also said something about the temperature of the IV fluid causing pain.

Cold stuff doesn't feel good going in, but I can't say I've ever ended up sweaty and shirtless because of it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

I do feel that the cold cloth's been overdone recently... wish Nicole would have just left him hot and sweaty.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 01:16 PM
BWAHAHAH "Open up! Police!" Sonny in the closet exaggeratedly mouths: "Oh. My. God." BWAHAHA
Gif making Goddesses/Gods, can I have a gif of this? Pretty please!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Marlena and Nicole are having a fight, and then Fauxman walks in. Ruins everything.

YOU RUIN EVERYTHING, FAUX! YOU ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE PRETTY THINGS!

*phew*

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2013, 01:35 PM
I want Marlena to be in this story in a big way but I want her to make sense. But I guess there's nothing more nonsensical than having Daniel be Eric's crusader instead of one of his numerous loved ones.
Boy, isn't this the truth. Why couldn't it have been Marlena "saving" Eric? It could lead to Eric saying that he didn't know how to handle his feelings, and he apologizes. It could be a nice little moment between mother and son.

(They are still mother and son, right? I mean, Marlena's still considered Eric's mama? They didn't change it to Maggie recently?)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

six
Dec 13 2013, 01:41 PM
Roman is so disconnected from the rest of the canvas.
That's why he should disappear. No big goodbye story, just... never show up again.

Unless they finally want to do the "Fauxman IS an imposter" story we've been begging for for years.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Dec 13 2013, 01:46 PM
Gabi didn't drag anyone into anything here. She defended herself when Nick was in the process of raping her, which is an acceptable thing. Kate decided the best thing to do would be to get rid of the body rather than tell the truth. And when they realized he wasn't actually dead they made the call to go ahead and finish him off anyway. That part was very chaotic, but that's a choice I'd still put on Sami/Kate more than Gabi.

I don't have much love for Gabi but she is not the architect of this situation.
No doubt Gabi will be the one to pay for it though.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 13 2013, 01:48 PM
six
Dec 13 2013, 01:22 PM
It's about time Marlena shows up.
Her family life seems to be much less important to TPTB than Jennifer/Maggie. Even though she has more kids on canvas...
Kids she actually gave birth to onscreen, and one that she practically raised from birth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply