Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 12:29 AM (11,161 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

Okay, just started watching at 7 after the hour:

Sonny is STILL in the closet...and there's no mistaking what he's hearing. The three are totally going over everything that happened.

Anne and Theresa are snarking.

There's a painful Daniel/Marlena scene.

Eric is sweaty. Someone who knows something about medicine could help me by telling me how far fetched this whole drug plot point is. Instinctively, it sounds insane to me.

JJ and Brady are kind of funny both pretending they aren't up to anything. I do like dark!Brady. I hope JJ figures him out. JJ is Jack's son and already established at 100% sharper than Brady.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:19 PM
Didn't Peter Brown cause some sort controversy in the 1970s while he was on DAYS for appearing in some sort of nude magazine layout with a female in an adult magazine?
I don't remember that one, lol! But I've gotten the impression (though I could be wrong) that he wasn't overly popular with his co-stars. I remember someone saying he was always trying to upstage the other actors.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Today's cast of characters includes:
JJ/Brady
Sami/Gabi/Kate/Sonny/Will
Doc Guy (i forget his name)
Eric/Nicole
Marlena/Dan
Anne/Theresa

jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:18 PM
jam6242
Dec 13 2013, 12:14 PM
Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:11 PM
And, yes, that is Mary Frann who went on to co-star in the 1980s sitcom Newhart. She was a really big DAYS star back in the 70s and part of the popular Greg/Amanda/Neil triangle.
I liked Amanda best with Chris Kositchek. Josh Taylor had a thing for Mary in real life too but I don't know whether it was reciprocated. She died way too young.
Really?! I've always heard that the reason the kibbosh was eventually put on Chris/Mary was because Josh Taylor & Barbara Stanger couldn't STAND one another. Stanger was married to (and still is, I believe) actor Mark Miller at the time, making her the step-mother of actress Penelope Ann Miller & one time step-mother-in-law of Will Arnett.
I meant he had a thing for Mary Frann. I heard the same thing you mentioned about Barbara Stanger.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Adrienne is apologizing to Will about misjudging his family and it cuts away to the three freaking out because Roman has shown up.

Sonny is STILL in the closet.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

As much grief as people want to give Josh Taylor these days, I don't think a lot of people realize exactly HOW popular he was back then as Chris Kositchek. He was constantly ranking high on various lists of daytime's hottest hunks. He even won the 1978 Soapy Award (later renamed Soap Opera Digest Award) for Favorite Male Newcomer.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 12:22 PM
JJ/Brady
Eric/Nicole
Marlena/Dan
Anne/Theresa
and here I was mistakenly believing that Hope scene earlier this week would turn into something :( well i guess I'll hope for next week.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Dec 13 2013, 12:21 PM
Eric is sweaty. Someone who knows something about medicine could help me by telling me how far fetched this whole drug plot point is. Instinctively, it sounds insane to me.
it is completely far fetched. It's been a good what? 6 months since Kristen drugged Eric. There's no way that there would still be traces of it in his system (or the masking agent). It's also ridiculous to be trying to get rid of the masking agent to reveal the drug, especially since Daniel has no idea what the masking agent is.
But, of course, the whole point of this is to make Daniel the hero cause he was able to magically prove that Kristen did drug Eric. :rolleyes:

pagraves
Member Avatar

I loved Chris Kositchek back when he WAS Chris Kositchek. Although I would get annoyed when he was all up in Steve's face about Kayla, but really, that was part of the fun.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Matt
Didn't Peter Brown cause some sort controversy in the 1970s while he was on DAYS for appearing in some sort of nude magazine layout with a female in an adult magazine?
http://peterbrown.tv/Oui.html

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Theresa is playing Daniel.

But Dan just suggested Theresa go to an AA meeting with Brady. *Snerk*

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

blueskies
Dec 13 2013, 12:28 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 12:22 PM
JJ/Brady
Eric/Nicole
Marlena/Dan
Anne/Theresa
and here I was mistakenly believing that Hope scene earlier this week would turn into something :( well i guess I'll hope for next week.
Based on Kristian's twitpics, there are still 2 Salem days between now & Christmas Eve. (one of those days might be this one, cause we haven't seen Hope since this day began.)
We know, from spoilers, that Hope will be on at least next Thursday & the following Monday. Either those two episodes occur on different Salem days, or there's more Hope next week.

These are the 2 pics I'm referring to: http://pic.twitter.com/tRtwS0ToHj & http://pic.twitter.com/abCzEmifLN

Honeybees
Member Avatar

For reasons I can't figure out, Sonny just - wait for it - came out of the closet and hid behind Ari's stroller. I think it's that Kate is outside the door.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:27 PM
As much grief as people want to give Josh Taylor these days, I don't think a lot of people realize exactly HOW popular he was back then as Chris Kositchek. He was constantly ranking high on various lists of daytime's hottest hunks. He even won the 1978 Soapy Award (later renamed Soap Opera Digest Award) for Favorite Male Newcomer.
I remember crushing on him when I was little when he was on the Hogan family! :embarrassed: LOL

jam6242
Member Avatar

Reese
Dec 13 2013, 12:30 PM
Matt
http://peterbrown.tv/Oui.html
Maybe I'd better wait until I get home to click on this (rather than doing it at work)? :$ Peter still tweets about him and his current wife hanging out at the Playboy mansion with Hugh Hefner and his wife. :biggrin:
Edited by jam6242, Dec 13 2013, 12:40 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Dec 13 2013, 12:24 PM
Adrienne is apologizing to Will about misjudging his family and it cuts away to the three freaking out because Roman has shown up.

Sonny is STILL in the closet.
Adrienne, quit groveling to everybody!

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

pagraves
Dec 13 2013, 12:29 PM
I loved Chris Kositchek back when he WAS Chris Kositchek. Although I would get annoyed when he was all up in Steve's face about Kayla, but really, that was part of the fun.
I loved Chris. It was kind of weird when he just disappeared. Probably at the same mailbox with Don Craig. lol I don't remember if an explanation was given. I know he finally passed the bar, did a bit of "lawyering" and then nothing. :shrug:

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2013, 12:27 PM
I loved Chris! :wub2:

WillFan
Member Avatar

Dr. Rolf mention by Marlena when Dan asks if she knows anyone who could be helping Stefano/Kristen with the drugging.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Awwww...the scene between Will and Adrienne is really sweet. She wants him to be comfortable around her. He's touched. It feels really natural. Of course, Will has nothing to do with the death of Nick...so maybe he and Sonny will just have to start hanging out with Adrienne when Gabi, Kate and Sami are in jail.

And Sonny just had a "just say no to crack" moment as he climbed out the window of his own apartment. If his pants when any lower, they would have had to reshoot it, budget or no! LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply