Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/9
Topic Started: Dec 9 2013, 04:13 AM (9,076 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Guy Wilson - @THEguywilson
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 15 2013, 03:38 PM
I think if Kate Mansi leaves, it will be by choice. I can't see DAYS giving her up unless she wants to go. And I bet she does. It seems that everyone under the age of 30 just uses DAYS as a stepping-stone for their career. Not that they don't enjoy their time there, but they move on. Even Casey Moss said that he sees DAYS as a way to gain experience in the industry. I don't see him staying either. I see Jen Lilly staying, though. She's been on another soap and seems to want to stay in the genre.
i'd like Jen to stay, and I agree that amongst all of them she seems the most likely to stay however I know she's also said she really likes comedy so I wouldn't be shocked if she decided to try and go in that direction at some point.

I feel like there's a certain age range, < abt 25 that when they start, they want to move on immediately. However those hired at 25 + tend to want to stay. So maybe instead of building up a teen scene they start with a 25 year old scene. Still young, and younger than the Sami crowd, but more likely to stay past their contracts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

It's so strange that none of their younger actors are staying past their contracts. Their last teen scene has been depleted completely when Chandler and Camila leave. I'm not necessarily counting Freddie because Sonny was added on later.

I still think their first mistakes were getting rid of the Last Blast crew and writing the current 40 year olds like teenagers. There's no way that Sami's generation should be acting the way that they do. Deciding on a career path, trying to figure out who you want to be with, paternity switches, breaking up and making up....all of that uncertainty comes in your 20's and early 30's at the latest. Those storylines should be in the past for Sami, Brady, EJ, Nicole, etc. I can see why they're giving them those classic soap stories, but it would probably help if they had viable options in the 20-30 category.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

With the way they treat their vets why would you ever want to stay if you are a young actor?
Online Profile Goto Top

stormymac
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 05:50 PM
stormymac
Dec 15 2013, 05:23 PM
badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 04:13 PM
Umm, has FS learned nothing from CM about announcing your plan to leave so far in advance? And to include GW in his answer? Not too smart. It's not as if he has a ton of screen time and lead storylines as it is...
But unlike Chandler, his reason for leaving might be because of lack of screen time and storylines. Maybe TPTB need to realize that Freddie has no reason to stay if all he is going to be doing is propping other people's storylines. Casey Moss already has more episodes in his first year than Freddie had in either of his first two years and if Jen Lilly had started a month earlier, she would too. They both have also pretty much lead their stories from the beginning. The difference between Chandler and Freddie is that Chandler has been front burner for the last two years yet recently it seems like he didn't give a damn anymore and it has been showing in his performances. Freddie, on the other hand, gives 150% even if he is only working behind the bar in the background but he is rarely given anything to do. The last two days proved that, without even saying a word, he can own the screen. If TIIC continue to waste his talents, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the possibility that his advance notice of his plan to not re-sign may lead to even less screen time or the possibility of absolutely not being given a lead storyline. He's shown his acting talent well before the last two episodes. So, it's not as if the TPTB are not aware of what he can/can't do. I felt in general he was at his best when he first came on the show. Additionally, I thought he did a good job when Will was shot, and yet, he wasn't utilized beyond that of a support character. Unfortunately, it could simply be a case of him not having what TPTB really want in a young lead actor. As you stated JL and CM were given lead material, as have BB, CB, and at one time KM... Maybe it's a case of him not resonating with the GA. Who knows...
Well if that's true, then even if he hadn't said anything, they wouldn't be planning on renewing his contract anyway. In fact, if the part of your statement in bold is true, they should have recast the character a long time ago like they did with Schuyler Yancey and, if the audience still didn't connect with Sonny, they should have dumped him like they did Cameron. I personally don't buy it for a second. I just don't think they give a fuck about anybody in the Kiriakis family except Brady and, occasionally when they are looking for some really good snark, pop-up Victor. If they did, they would have pulled their heads out of their collective asses a long time ago and put Wally and Judi on contract.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

stormymac
Dec 15 2013, 06:51 PM
badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 05:50 PM
stormymac
Dec 15 2013, 05:23 PM
badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 04:13 PM
Umm, has FS learned nothing from CM about announcing your plan to leave so far in advance? And to include GW in his answer? Not too smart. It's not as if he has a ton of screen time and lead storylines as it is...
But unlike Chandler, his reason for leaving might be because of lack of screen time and storylines. Maybe TPTB need to realize that Freddie has no reason to stay if all he is going to be doing is propping other people's storylines. Casey Moss already has more episodes in his first year than Freddie had in either of his first two years and if Jen Lilly had started a month earlier, she would too. They both have also pretty much lead their stories from the beginning. The difference between Chandler and Freddie is that Chandler has been front burner for the last two years yet recently it seems like he didn't give a damn anymore and it has been showing in his performances. Freddie, on the other hand, gives 150% even if he is only working behind the bar in the background but he is rarely given anything to do. The last two days proved that, without even saying a word, he can own the screen. If TIIC continue to waste his talents, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the possibility that his advance notice of his plan to not re-sign may lead to even less screen time or the possibility of absolutely not being given a lead storyline. He's shown his acting talent well before the last two episodes. So, it's not as if the TPTB are not aware of what he can/can't do. I felt in general he was at his best when he first came on the show. Additionally, I thought he did a good job when Will was shot, and yet, he wasn't utilized beyond that of a support character. Unfortunately, it could simply be a case of him not having what TPTB really want in a young lead actor. As you stated JL and CM were given lead material, as have BB, CB, and at one time KM... Maybe it's a case of him not resonating with the GA. Who knows...
Well if that's true, then even if he hadn't said anything, they wouldn't be planning on renewing his contract anyway. In fact, if the part of your statement in bold is true, they should have recast the character a long time ago like they did with Schuyler Yancey and, if the audience still didn't connect with Sonny, they should have dumped him like they did Cameron. I personally don't buy it for a second. I just don't think they give a fuck about anybody in the Kiriakis family except Brady and, occasionally when they are looking for some really good snark, pop-up Victor. If they did, they would have pulled their heads out of their collective asses a long time ago and put Wally and Judi on contract.
Your Kiriakis theory could be right. Who knows... :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

lauren_boles: It was so temping! I just had to do it!😜
http://instagram.com/p/h8ykcZGRKr/

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

^not sure who's couch/sofa that is, but the background set kinda looks like "Bope's Bedroom (limbo)"
Offline Profile Goto Top

paul89

i wish they bring back belle , shawn ,mimi ,philip and chloe and kevin and jan
Offline Profile Goto Top

SadieEsperanto

I think what everybody is missing in the FS contract discussion is that he didn't say he doesn't plan to renew; he said the opposite - that he'd like to extend at least far enough to cover the end of GW's contract, which would be an additional 6 months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Dec 15 2013, 06:01 PM
It's so strange that none of their younger actors are staying past their contracts. Their last teen scene has been depleted completely when Chandler and Camila leave. I'm not necessarily counting Freddie because Sonny was added on later.

I still think their first mistakes were getting rid of the Last Blast crew and writing the current 40 year olds like teenagers. There's no way that Sami's generation should be acting the way that they do. Deciding on a career path, trying to figure out who you want to be with, paternity switches, breaking up and making up....all of that uncertainty comes in your 20's and early 30's at the latest. Those storylines should be in the past for Sami, Brady, EJ, Nicole, etc. I can see why they're giving them those classic soap stories, but it would probably help if they had viable options in the 20-30 category.
I think that was one mistake, but the show also failed to develop the Last Blast Crew in meaningful ways. You mentioned "deciding on a career path" as something characters do, but the show never had the Last Blast Crew or Sami's generation really do that. What career aspirations they had seemed to quickly get abandoned (Chloe, Nicole) or they never went anywhere (Belle, Shawn Douglas). Instead, we now get characters like Carrie the lawyer and Austin the accountant completely out of the blue to serve a plot, even though neither really showed had any inclination toward either career. That pretty much left those characters devoid of plots derived from their careers and contributes to the sense that Salem has no connection to the real world where people actually have to make a living and don't conduct business meetings at the Brady Pub or in the middle of the Horton Town Square.

I also think the show failed in planning for the future by failing to give the major characters in the 80s more kids so you would have enough younger characters to fill the next generation, plus not finding ways to bring back the kids that were out there. With Kayla and Kim leaving Salem, the Bradys were left only with Bope's one child in the early 2000s, since Roman's and Marlena's kids had already been SORAS-ed. Between the very-popular Mike, Melissa, and Jennifer, we only got Jeremy and Abby. (They also screwed up Scotty by SORASing him too soon.) So that meant adding kids after the fact (Chelsea, Nathan) or having miracle babies who could be SORASed (JJ, with Ciara and Joey Johnson possibly to follow). And I still don't comprehend the long delay in bringing in the Donovan kids. Andrew was tailor-made to be in a storyline with Victor and Philip -- even without Shane or Kim around, Victor could have seen Andrew as the "what might have been" alternative to Philip who kept disappointing Victor (not to mention that Victor might have seen it has some measure of revenge to influence Andrew over the objections of his parents).

I'm not saying that every couple should have just pumped out kids, but some more thought should have gone into planning the next generation. Even some mentions on occasion about off-screen characters could have built the future cast. For instance, why couldn't Jack and Jennifer have had more kids during their time out of Salem? Or Kim with Phillip Collier? Scotty Banning and Faith? Frankie and Eve? Having Caroline, Maggie, Alice, or Julie over the years mention a new grandchild on occasion would have opened the door to a future cast-member and not annoyed us with some previously unmentioned insta-relative like Nathan.
Online Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SadieEsperanto
Dec 15 2013, 08:52 PM
I think what everybody is missing in the FS contract discussion is that he didn't say he doesn't plan to renew; he said the opposite - that he'd like to extend at least far enough to cover the end of GW's contract, which would be an additional 6 months.
No, I didn't miss that point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SadieEsperanto

badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 09:13 PM
SadieEsperanto
Sorry, I should've said "some people" rather than "everybody."
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SadieEsperanto
Dec 15 2013, 09:25 PM
badaddiction
Dec 15 2013, 09:13 PM
SadieEsperanto
Sorry, I should've said "some people" rather than "everybody."
No need to apologize. I didn't take offense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Supergirlx2
Dec 15 2013, 06:58 PM
lauren_boles: It was so temping! I just had to do it!��
http://instagram.com/p/h8ykcZGRKr/

Posted Image
Could that be the Horton Cabin?
Online Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I thought it was the Horton Cabin when I saw it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Im sorry, I had to post this SOMEWHERE... sorry...

I had the best dream ever last night.

That I got on here and Jason posted, you know how he does at the end of the month with the number of days a charicter was on a month?

Well, he had the list for what was shot so far in 2014...

#1 was Tony. Saying him getting a role on another soap was a hoax.

#3 was Jack.

Man what i nice dream. :)
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, Dec 16 2013, 09:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
"I want to get to know you better."

Hologram
Dec 15 2013, 03:19 PM
Hugo
Dec 11 2013, 04:18 AM
I think Corday had a meeting with PR last summer about a possible return. Maybe TPTB were trying to have him back for the Christmas episodes that they taped in August but since he refused, they finally decided that Hope needed to move on from Bo and gave her a new storyline... I hope that they hired Mark Collier to pair him with her, I guess we'll find out soon.
And here I was hoping for EJ down the line. ^_^
So was I. :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

I don't know what TPTB can do about these young actors leaving. Maybe better writing for their characters could help, maybe offering more money but still, I'm not sure it would make a difference. Most of them are single, have no family to support, they are willing to take risks with their career, take a shot of being a movie or primetime star. I can understand them. I'm sure some of them will come back eventually.

So we know Guy Wilson has been signed for two years (I hope Jason47 saw it since he has a page on his site with the contracts lenghts). It's so weird that we still haven't seen him on screen, it feels like the Will recast happened so long ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Spencer Hastings
Dec 16 2013, 01:50 AM
I thought it was the Horton Cabin when I saw it.
Hey, maybe that's where EJ and Abby do their hook-ups. ^o)
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Hugo
Dec 16 2013, 09:35 AM
I don't know what TPTB can do about these young actors leaving. Maybe better writing for their characters could help, maybe offering more money but still, I'm not sure it would make a difference. Most of them are single, have no family to support, they are willing to take risks with their career, take a shot of being a movie or primetime star. I can understand them. I'm sure some of them will come back eventually.

So we know Guy Wilson has been signed for two years (I hope Jason47 saw it since he has a page on his site with the contracts lenghts). It's so weird that we still haven't seen him on screen, it feels like the Will recast happened so long ago.
Yes, there at the perfect time to take risk in their careers. I wish them all great success.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic