Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Spoiler Pics 12/16/13
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 07:18 PM (2,891 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

DaysfanforLife
Dec 14 2013, 03:56 AM
WillFan
Dec 13 2013, 07:18 PM
DVR Alert: Thursday - Hope gets a shocking call from Bo.
http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/photos/14477/#item=308643

Hope he's not dead!
For now, he seems to still be alive. lol.
But I do sincerely hope that changes in the new year for this one hashtag of a reason --> #FreeHope.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 14 2013, 09:50 AM
Kaha
Dec 14 2013, 09:37 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Dec 13 2013, 09:35 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 07:20 PM
I KNOW! And it looks like Abby had been sitting with her back to EJ, maybe reading a book, and he walks over to her!!! He most likely isn't doing a favor for Chad this time--he's all on his own. I guess he wants to carry on an adult conversation with a beautiful woman, which with the kids and Sami he obviously never gets to do at home!
Abby carrying on an adult conversation? Since when? We're talking about the woman who was updating mommy about the status of her virginity while her boyfriend was in the operating room fighting for his life. Also, what's this interest in Jack all of a sudden? She didn't give him more than a day of mourning before she started propping super Daniel.
I believe I would call Abby's sudden interest in talking about Jack "contrived bull manure". But that's just me.

I don't think it's that sudden. It was sudden a few months ago when the book stuff came up, but I don't think it's sudden now. But I'm not considering EJ's relevance or irrelevance to that at all.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

JaneDigby
Dec 14 2013, 10:58 AM
Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 08:56 PM
JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 07:37 PM
In other news, Tori Burch Hope? Kinda chavy, don'cha think? (If Bo is calling from Paris .... no words.)
Not at all. There shouldn't be anything surprising about Hope having a $350 purse. The Hortons are very well off. Hope no one's forgotten that Hope showed up in a fur coat to her first day of class at the police academy. lol.
I unthinkingly used a non-US term. Chavy doesn't mean ritzy. Chavy means wannabe, like living in a trailer (not that there's anything wrong in that) and buying a genuine Louis Vuitton wallet but having no cash to put in it.

The Hope I've loved since the day KA took over the role wouldn't flaunt a logo. I imagined her as a Furla or a Hobo gal, or maybe a non-logo LV gal.
I didn't misunderstand you at all. Hope doesn't need to be a rich girl wannabe because she is a rich girl. But Bo & Hope have never relied on Hope's inheritance to sustain them though life. Since Alice's passing, it would make sense that she would have come into at least some portion of Alice's monetary holdings.
80s Hope LOVED to show people she had money - from the expensive housecoat she bought Doug after his heart attack to the fur coat on the first day of the police academy.
Tory Burch isn't the most recognized brand, IMO. And to those that aren't familiar with it, the logo looks like it's simply a fancy designed metal accent.

JaneDigby

Supergirlx2
Dec 14 2013, 05:27 PM
JaneDigby
Supergirlx2
JaneDigby
Dec 13 2013, 07:37 PM
In other news, Tori Burch Hope? Kinda chavy, don'cha think? (If Bo is calling from Paris .... no words.)
Not at all. There shouldn't be anything surprising about Hope having a $350 purse. The Hortons are very well off. Hope no one's forgotten that Hope showed up in a fur coat to her first day of class at the police academy. lol.
I unthinkingly used a non-US term. Chavy doesn't mean ritzy. Chavy means wannabe, like living in a trailer (not that there's anything wrong in that) and buying a genuine Louis Vuitton wallet but having no cash to put in it.

The Hope I've loved since the day KA took over the role wouldn't flaunt a logo. I imagined her as a Furla or a Hobo gal, or maybe a non-logo LV gal.
I didn't misunderstand you at all. Hope doesn't need to be a rich girl wannabe because she is a rich girl. But Bo & Hope have never relied on Hope's inheritance to sustain them though life. Since Alice's passing, it would make sense that she would have come into at least some portion of Alice's monetary holdings.
80s Hope LOVED to show people she had money - from the expensive housecoat she bought Doug after his heart attack to the fur coat on the first day of the police academy.
Tory Burch isn't the most recognized brand, IMO. And to those that aren't familiar with it, the logo looks like it's simply a fancy designed metal accent.
I know Hope's history and I know that between the Horton funds, what Addie inherited from her first husband, and what Doug lavishes on his only child, Hope wants for nothing.But I contend that a WASP/C princess like Hope knows the difference between Tori Burch, Furla and Ferragamo just like she knows the difference between Yurman, Tiffany and Cartier. The show dressers should know that, too. Unless it is a product placement which would be typical. Tori Burch is the favorite brand of "$30k/yr millionaires" here in NYC. Hope would know that.

spartan
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 14 2013, 11:27 AM
I don't mind that Abby is talking to EJ about Jack but wouldn't it be more appropriate to talk to Jennifer about him? :ermm: Then again, Jen's so busy still obsessing over Daniel that it wouldn't surprise me if she forgot Jack's existence.
Yeah. My thing is it would be fine to talk to EJ about him IF she would have talked to Jennifer or ANYONE about him when he actually died. Abby ignored all of that ( a couple scenes of lip service does not cut it) until JJ came back into town and then it was only 'revisiting it' to help JJ grieve. We never saw Abby grieve properly or Jen for that matter.

If that would have been done, then talk away to whomever you want, Abby. I'm all for keeping one of my favorite character's memory alive. So there's always going to be a part of this that rings hollow to me no matter who she talks with about Jack. It's the same for Jen. I'm completely jaded and biased over them because of how it was all handled.

I do think Abby should have daddy issues. Having her want to project those good qualities she knew her dad had onto EJ makes sense to me and having her get burned and having to realize EJ isn't a nice man also makes sense to me. I hope that's the route they go with this story.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Sable Colby
Dec 14 2013, 02:26 AM
Uh-oh. Eric looks pissed. More Ericole angst. But yay for a dream about Nicole.
I wonder if that isn't after Nicole tells that lie. I still think she tells him she's with Daniel romantically. Though having watched Friday's show I do like how they set it up with Marlena. Nicole telling a lie to maintain her journalistic credibility is very in character.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Dec 15 2013, 03:30 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

spartan
Dec 14 2013, 05:59 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 14 2013, 11:27 AM
I don't mind that Abby is talking to EJ about Jack but wouldn't it be more appropriate to talk to Jennifer about him? :ermm: Then again, Jen's so busy still obsessing over Daniel that it wouldn't surprise me if she forgot Jack's existence.
Yeah. My thing is it would be fine to talk to EJ about him IF she would have talked to Jennifer or ANYONE about him when he actually died. Abby ignored all of that ( a couple scenes of lip service does not cut it) until JJ came back into town and then it was only 'revisiting it' to help JJ grieve. We never saw Abby grieve properly or Jen for that matter.

If that would have been done, then talk away to whomever you want, Abby. I'm all for keeping one of my favorite character's memory alive. So there's always going to be a part of this that rings hollow to me no matter who she talks with about Jack. It's the same for Jen. I'm completely jaded and biased over them because of how it was all handled.

I do think Abby should have daddy issues. Having her want to project those good qualities she knew her dad had onto EJ makes sense to me and having her get burned and having to realize EJ isn't a nice man also makes sense to me. I hope that's the route they go with this story.
This is what I was talking about when I said:

Quote:

I believe I would call Abby's sudden interest in talking about Jack "contrived bull manure".

It seems as if the show only has one of Jack's loved ones remember him when they need it for a plot point.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 13 2013, 07:22 PM
Posted Image

Hope looks FABULOUS!!
(this same pic accompanies the short SOD article about Bo's call to Hope.)
Kristian really should just wear green all the time, truly. (Same for Deidre with red.) Green is her color, it just enhances her already good looks.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 14 2013, 05:26 PM
gailwinters
Dec 14 2013, 09:50 AM
Kaha
Dec 14 2013, 09:37 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Dec 13 2013, 09:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
Abby carrying on an adult conversation? Since when? We're talking about the woman who was updating mommy about the status of her virginity while her boyfriend was in the operating room fighting for his life. Also, what's this interest in Jack all of a sudden? She didn't give him more than a day of mourning before she started propping super Daniel.
I believe I would call Abby's sudden interest in talking about Jack "contrived bull manure". But that's just me.

I don't think it's that sudden. It was sudden a few months ago when the book stuff came up, but I don't think it's sudden now. But I'm not considering EJ's relevance or irrelevance to that at all.
I kind of get the Abby/EJ connection, he connected with her through Chad and maybe he feels still a connection to her because being near her is like being near Chad and this guy is having some serious no family blues.

And EJ connecting to Jen or even talking to her, would make no sense at all....she hates him! Hell, Abby defending EJ to her mother and her mother was like...what???

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

Supergirlx2
Dec 14 2013, 01:53 AM
Hope's "Bo doesn't care about me any more" mid-life crisis should be her going all glam via designer shopping sprees. lol.
Can we include Hope going cougar cray cray on handsome guys into that mid-life crisis? LOL

Keith
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 14 2013, 05:52 PM
Supergirlx2
Dec 14 2013, 05:27 PM
JaneDigby
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I know Hope's history and I know that between the Horton funds, what Addie inherited from her first husband, and what Doug lavishes on his only child, Hope wants for nothing.But I contend that a WASP/C princess like Hope knows the difference between Tori Burch, Furla and Ferragamo just like she knows the difference between Yurman, Tiffany and Cartier. The show dressers should know that, too. Unless it is a product placement which would be typical. Tori Burch is the favorite brand of "$30k/yr millionaires" here in NYC. Hope would know that.
While true, she's a rich girl from the Midwest, not a rich city girl. I wouldn't expect her to care about what's hot with who. She's rich and likes what she likes. Because Hope Williams Brady rolls like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply