Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Weekly Preview 12/16/13
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 10:52 PM (6,846 Views)
S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2013, 01:03 PM
S loves EJ
Dec 16 2013, 12:35 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2013, 12:18 PM
S loves EJ
Dec 16 2013, 12:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
but they are still writing her the same way....she's still a heroine, a damsel in distress, who needs to be taken care of or saved by her man...the difference is her man is not Rafe it's Ej...I use to love it when Sami use to take care of her own messes....the times have certainly changed....

You see before she use to target people that were in the right.....this time she targets the Bernardi's and Nick Fallon's of the world...not exactly examples of truth of righteousness themselves. They have been portrayed as the villains or bad guys vs Sami the one that does bad things for good reasons....

Iīm not sure if Sami can go back targeting good characters when she now has 4 kids so she canīt be to bad. Iīm not sure though part of me feels she should be more bad in order to fit with EJ. Still I think Sami has felt more bad with EJ than Rafe she seems to acknowledge that she has a bad side. Talking about killing Nick and lying is what she and EJ does. Plus I think Ejami has a lot more chemistry than Safe so they are a more enjoyable either way where as Safe was boring. Plus maybe EJ can be bad enough for both of them at least she is with a guy thatīs fits her character.
Sami has never been a person to embrace her dark side and she seems to be wanting to go there but never does.....that appears to be the only thing that she still has intact from her yesteryear days.....since everything else has been stripped away from her she might as well just roll over and not care about that either....that is why I'm not sure I can ever go back to loving Sami again unless some outlandish 'doppelganger/brain chip' type plot is written in the future to salvage her in my eyes and make her the character I loved so much again....
I donīt see Sami going to the dark side in a way that she would start killing people. I know someone said before that they imagine Sami being like Kate when she got older but I donīt see her baking poisened muffins. Sami could however become more bad than she is now by doing bad things thatīs not for a good cause like helping will. She could do some bad things within the business or blackmailing someone,but Iīm not sure what reason she would have to be bad to people that are in the right, before she did it to get a man and I think most villain are usually single. Itīs hard to combine villain and having a loveinterest. Itīs the problem the writers have with EJ in order for him to be in a relationship they canīt write him as bad as 2007 he canīt be a complete bastard, and I like thatīs he is sweet and romantic with the woman he is with or else I would not feel that he is inlove with her, but he should still be bad towards others and not turn into Everett.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

All this talk of Sami's bad side. Sami has a good side and she was more interesting when she was trying to embrace that. Not when they were trying to make her a heroine. But when she acknowledged the bad but knew she didn't want to live her life swallowed up by it. I miss the more complex Sami.

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 17 2013, 10:27 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 17 2013, 09:50 AM
^^Yeah, I need God to take Eric back just after Eric realizes he wants Nicole...then we can also continue with the fantasies while he's in the collar again, but I fear we'll have Eric in a collar with fantasies for about another year....they took one entire year almost to have Nicole dreaming of Eric and Eric being oblivious, now I'm anticipating the same time for Eric....so by this time next year, they'll be making love, lol....
Is it weird that I'm really excited about that idea? Seriously, I adore Ericole and would be over the moon if they continued the build-up for another year before they sealed the deal.
I'll feel the same way as long as their obstacles don't get too ridiculous. Of course, my shipper side will probably be here raging at whoever/whatever caused the setback. GT may have finally found the story he needs to achieve his goal of making fans angry (without driving them away).

S loves EJ

The Scorpion
Dec 16 2013, 05:32 PM
JillianJ
Dec 13 2013, 10:52 PM
Ok always good to see a promo with EJ :) now to the story of course it's interesting to see EJ get into this storyline but I have a problem with old-fashioned hero bullshit. What I want to see is a strong Sami who know exactly how she 'll get out of this mess. Damsels in Distress is boring.lol

I think they always written Sami to be more good when in a relationship, and I think it made me like her for the first time when she was playing in the snow with Austin before I had just seen her as a bad person without any likable qualitys, but they have made her to good when in relationships she shouldnīt stop scheming just because she gotten the man they need to find other reasons for her to scheme. Anyway I think it make sense when Sami is in a realitionship that the man becomes protective and supportive of her and I do like the romantic aspect of it even though I would like to see her strong and being able to take care of herself aswell. If Sami would know exactly how to get out of this mess what would she need EJ for? And it looked like on wednesdayīs show that EJ likes to be needed. EJ being a hero to Sami isnīt something new and I have no problem with it if EJ stays bad in 2007 they change his character to much from a villain to a good person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnjCbSQj3I

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

EJ_SamiFF
Dec 17 2013, 12:39 AM
Carlton has rhythm though..... :D
LOVE your Spixie Avi...they were great yesterday :'( ...had me in tears though but great nonetheless.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 17 2013, 11:35 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

six
Dec 17 2013, 09:19 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 10:59 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2013, 10:55 PM
AngelOB
Dec 16 2013, 10:02 PM

and I hope this show doesn't screw it up.....it's very unique and that is why I'm glad that eric is a priest, it's a different angle that this show really needs to start using more...not that everyone needs to be a priest or a nun or anything but something different..that's not the same old thing...
I agree, but I'm mentally prepared for tptb to stretch ericole as long as they can. Considering that we're dealing with God and the church as"interlopers," I'm ok with that.
Same here. I was actually a little disappointed that Nicole already forgave Eric, but hopefully God will decide to take Eric back soon, to cause more drama.

And I'd like to request that the next person who puts together a collage of EJ's evil deeds include that time he beat Patrick with a belt.
This is why we are homies. :wub: :laugh:

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
^^Yeah, I need God to take Eric back just after Eric realizes he wants Nicole...then we can also continue with the fantasies while he's in the collar again, but I fear we'll have Eric in a collar with fantasies for about another year....they took one entire year almost to have Nicole dreaming of Eric and Eric being oblivious, now I'm anticipating the same time for Eric....so by this time next year, they'll be making love, lol....
Is it weird that I'm really excited about that idea? Seriously, I adore Ericole and would be over the moon if they continued the build-up for another year before they sealed the deal.
Me too. Days is the worst at rushing insta-couples. I like the fact that they've bothered to put the time and effort into Ericole.

JaneDigby

AngelOB
Dec 17 2013, 11:27 PM
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
Me too. Days is the worst at rushing insta-couples. I like the fact that they've bothered to put the time and effort into Ericole.
The new regime (Tomsell 2.0) has been doing more slow build, less "let's try this." MarDar and Tomlin 1.0 were the worst at insta-love. The slow build makes it possible to invest in the couples, even to see new dimensions to characters one doesn't necessarily love. Hopefully they'll do the same thing with Hope & Liam.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Dec 17 2013, 11:00 AM
All this talk of Sami's bad side. Sami has a good side and she was more interesting when she was trying to embrace that. Not when they were trying to make her a heroine. But when she acknowledged the bad but knew she didn't want to live her life swallowed up by it. I miss the more complex Sami.
I like complex Sami too. She does have a good side, just like EJ.

concerned
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 17 2013, 08:12 AM
Halloween Family
Dec 16 2013, 08:41 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 08:35 PM
JillianJ
Dec 16 2013, 08:25 PM
EJ with a gun :wub2:

That made me laugh so hard!!!

Cuz I thought the same thing. :blulaugh:
Evil EJ is so good!

I also notice crazy Owen throwing Stephanie in the morgue drawer…even with that I still shipped those two crazy kids.
Kinda OT but am I the only one who liked Stephanie with Philip? It might have just been the combined pretty but I liked those two.

Quote:

I agree, but I'm mentally prepared for tptb to stretch ericole as long as they can. Considering that we're dealing with God and the church as"interlopers," I'm ok with that.

I'm prepared for the long haul with Ericole, too. Fortunately AZ and GV know how to work the longing looks so I'm good with that, too.

No I liked Stephanie with Phillip too.

Although I guess Phillip is a bit like Nicole is for me, I fully ship him with any of his quests unless its a Jonas.

concerned
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 18 2013, 11:34 AM
AngelOB
tomsawyer
LuvingLumi
The new regime (Tomsell 2.0) has been doing more slow build, less "let's try this." MarDar and Tomlin 1.0 were the worst at insta-love. The slow build makes it possible to invest in the couples, even to see new dimensions to characters one doesn't necessarily love. Hopefully they'll do the same thing with Hope & Liam.
All this slow cooking is good whilst there are other options on the table.

But when the table is bare........

JaneDigby

concerned
Dec 18 2013, 02:54 PM
JaneDigby
AngelOB
tomsawyer

To each their own. I see a banquet on the table with the chef lovingly preparing more courses. I'm very happy with the show and the couples now. Except Dannifer, always except Dannifer.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 17 2013, 08:12 AM
Halloween Family
Dec 16 2013, 08:41 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 08:35 PM
JillianJ
Dec 16 2013, 08:25 PM
EJ with a gun :wub2:

That made me laugh so hard!!!

Cuz I thought the same thing. :blulaugh:
Evil EJ is so good!

I also notice crazy Owen throwing Stephanie in the morgue drawer…even with that I still shipped those two crazy kids.
Kinda OT but am I the only one who liked Stephanie with Philip? It might have just been the combined pretty but I liked those two.

Quote:

I'm prepared for the long haul with Ericole, too. Fortunately AZ and GV know how to work the longing looks so I'm good with that, too.

I don't think you are the only one but I didn't like them. I used to call her a vampire because she sucked the life out of him. Stephanie to me was like tofu, she needed some heavily spiced in crazy like Owen. Plus, I liked Owen's biceps.

concerned
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
Dec 18 2013, 02:58 PM
concerned
JaneDigby
AngelOB

To each their own. I see a banquet on the table with the chef lovingly preparing more courses. I'm very happy with the show and the couples now. Except Dannifer, always except Dannifer.
I see one plate on the table, a lot of ingredients on the shelves and some half baked saucepans on a slow simmer - hardly a banquet.

JaneDigby

concerned
Dec 18 2013, 03:17 PM
JaneDigby
concerned
JaneDigby

I see one plate on the table, a lot of ingredients on the shelves and some half baked saucepans on a slow simmer - hardly a banquet.
Like I said, to each their own.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

JaneDigby
concerned
JaneDigby
AngelOB

Agreed, and I'm totes
Posted Image

at this banquet.

Except Dannifer. Days can keep that. -_-

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply