Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Weekly Preview 12/16/13
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 10:52 PM (6,712 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Dec 15 2013, 01:00 AM
Those in the general audience who don't read soap magazines, follow or have twitter accounts have no idea that PR isn't coming back, so hearing that Bo is calling Hope would peak their interest in the show and give them hope that it means Bo is finally coming back.
true. And I find it sad that they're toying with the fans like that when they know perfectly well Peter's not coming back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

I wish they would pay attention to GH. It has been offering a good balance of vets and newbies and they ratings keep rising. It Aldo has action packed days each week along with surprise returns we don't know about.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 15 2013, 08:47 AM
lysie
Dec 15 2013, 12:04 AM
six
Dec 14 2013, 11:43 PM
lysie
Dec 14 2013, 11:21 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sure it does, because they have. They might not have been in the spotlight as long as AS, but when they were young, they drove the stories.
Nah. Not when the complaint is specifically about AS. But I agree that they need to move forward rather than back. I like to see the older characters used, but I'd prefer they be used in age appropriate ways and not in constant repeats of their old stories. However, if we're going to be stuck with the same old crap like we have been for the last decade, I'd rather it be someone else besides Sami.
The reason that i don't think it matters is that AS has spent the majority of her career in the spotlight worthy age group. Everyone else was let go or chose to spread their spotlight worthy time amongst several shows, and well, the moment has passed.

And i don't think it would be a good idea to pique the interest of the general audience by tricking then into thinking there's a chance for a bope reunion.
Oddly enough, the show has been suffering and on the supposed brink of cancellation most of that time too.

Overall, Days can't pull off what the other soaps manage to do with surprises and such. They can get one in occasionally, but with them filming so far ahead, it's just not very practical. If they'd used the Bo phone call, we'd be pissed that they're teasing the audience and using Hope's five seconds to trick viewers into thinking she's actually on. It would be nice if they'd split up the promos more though. Sami is the main reason I'm not watching, so a steady stream of promos with her isn't going to lure me in. There are people who watch for her, but those people are already watching, lol. Then again, I'm not really sure that luring in viewers is the point of promos anymore anyway.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 15 2013, 10:55 AM
six
lysie
six

Nah. Not when the complaint is specifically about AS. But I agree that they need to move forward rather than back. I like to see the older characters used, but I'd prefer they be used in age appropriate ways and not in constant repeats of their old stories. However, if we're going to be stuck with the same old crap like we have been for the last decade, I'd rather it be someone else besides Sami.
The reason that i don't think it matters is that AS has spent the majority of her career in the spotlight worthy age group. Everyone else was let go or chose to spread their spotlight worthy time amongst several shows, and well, the moment has passed.

And i don't think it would be a good idea to pique the interest of the general audience by tricking then into thinking there's a chance for a bope reunion.
Oddly enough, the show has been suffering and on the supposed brink of cancellation most of that time too.

Overall, Days can't pull off what the other soaps manage to do with surprises and such. They can get one in occasionally, but with them filming so far ahead, it's just not very practical. If they'd used the Bo phone call, we'd be pissed that they're teasing the audience and using Hope's five seconds to trick viewers into thinking she's actually on. It would be nice if they'd split up the promos more though. Sami is the main reason I'm not watching, so a steady stream of promos with her isn't going to lure me in. There are people who watch for her, but those people are already watching, lol. Then again, I'm not really sure that luring in viewers is the point of promos anymore anyway.
Not odd at all, since it coincided with the decline of soaps in general. Fortunately, Days survived though, unlike a lot of other soaps that went through the same low period.

And, like I said, I'm all for balance, too. If the original poster had asked to see Sonny, Abby, JJ and Jordan in the promos, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Or, if PR was actually returning and they gave the promo to Sami instead of Hope, I'd be annoyed, too. It's too bad that Days films so far ahead, but I'm not sure how much of a factor it is in pulling off surprises. Like, I'm trying and failing to think of a recent surprise that any soap has managed to keep quiet until it aired - maybe the first Robin reveal on GH.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 15 2013, 12:09 PM
lysie
six
lysie

Not odd at all, since it coincided with the decline of soaps in general. Fortunately, Days survived though, unlike a lot of other soaps that went through the same low period.

And, like I said, I'm all for balance, too. If the original poster had asked to see Sonny, Abby, JJ and Jordan in the promos, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Or, if PR was actually returning and they gave the promo to Sami instead of Hope, I'd be annoyed, too. It's too bad that Days films so far ahead, but I'm not sure how much of a factor it is in pulling off surprises. Like, I'm trying and failing to think of a recent surprise that any soap has managed to keep quiet until it aired - maybe the first Robin reveal on GH.
Nah. You know I'm picking on your use of time in the spotlight. Which I'll never relent on thinking that's a big crock of bull, lol. I agree on the balance stuff but that phrase killed the rest of the argument for me.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OK, so maybe this is their A story. I think it would be a sight more entertaining to have Sami and Kate tromp through the woods. Or better yet, Kate and Gabi. I understate (although I still don't accept) that Sweeney is "THE NAME", but somehow, to me, EJami isn't nearly as entertaining. And it's too predictable. Now, the challenge is for me to get more thumbs up than down. ;)

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 15 2013, 12:25 PM
six
lysie
six

Nah. You know I'm picking on your use of time in the spotlight. Which I'll never relent on thinking that's a big crock of bull, lol. I agree on the balance stuff but that phrase killed the rest of the argument for me.
I just think people should be grateful that Sami saved Days from cancellation.

And EJ is an integral part of the promo. Actually it's weird that this thread has become about Sami, when the main point of it is EJ's discovery.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

six
Dec 15 2013, 12:32 PM
lysie
six
lysie

And EJ is an integral part of the promo. Actually it's weird that this thread has become about Sami, when the main point of it is EJ's discovery.
I think I missed something. Sami saved Days?

lysie
Member Avatar

six
lysie
six
lysie

Lmao. Nice try.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

I just wish Sami could be in a B story instead. When is Ericole going to be the A story?

lysie
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Dec 15 2013, 12:46 PM
I just wish Sami could be in a B story instead. When is Ericole going to be the A story?
She is in a B story....in addition to the A story.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 15 2013, 12:40 PM
six
lysie
six

Lmao. Nice try.
You have your spin and I have mine.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

six
lysie
six
lysie

GH also pulled off RKK returning as Stavros Cassadine back in April. No one was expecting that, and it was glorious.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 15 2013, 12:35 PM
six
lysie
six

I think I missed something. Sami saved Days?
Maybe AS agreeing to signing onto Days for another contract go round may have helped get Days a renewal, but I hardly think Sami had anything to do with it.

six
Member Avatar

I feel like I should have done more to highlight the fact that I was replying to a post blaming Sami for the decline that started back in the late 90s, early 2000s.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Dec 15 2013, 12:56 PM
lysie
six
lysie

Lmao. Nice try.
I know. Mine's just more accurate.

And I have got to remember that you and I should not have these conversations here, lol. Other people don't get us.

six
Member Avatar

Well, we have to fit it in where we can, these days.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aw, a Lix fight about the impact of Sami. Feels like old times. :wub2:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

six
lysie
six
lysie
Dec 14 2013, 11:21 PM

Sure it does, because they have. They might not have been in the spotlight as long as AS, but when they were young, they drove the stories.

It would only be tricking them if she says something along the lines of:

"What's that? You're breaking up...you'll be here by Christmas!? Ciara will be so happy!"

The audience can hope he's coming back, simply revealing that Bo's calling will let the audience at least know that they're finally getting some information on a beloved character. They already know Sami and EJ will be on screen, their asses are on every other day.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 15 2013, 01:15 PM
six
Dec 15 2013, 12:56 PM
lysie
six

Lmao. Nice try.
I know. Mine's just more accurate.

And I have got to remember that you and I should not have these conversations here, lol. Other people don't get us.
No, no, no! We need more of these conversations here, not less!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply