Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Weekly Preview 12/16/13
Topic Started: Dec 13 2013, 10:52 PM (6,815 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

AngelOB
Dec 16 2013, 09:35 PM
TreasureCove
Dec 16 2013, 12:14 PM
AngelOB
Dec 16 2013, 02:38 AM
JillianJ
Dec 15 2013, 10:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Same. In my case it's probably a symptom of waiting around for years on end before a genuine, reciprocal relationship was finally established.
Years on end? The Lumi's have waited over twenty years. They waited 10 years, than had EJ inserted into every scene(imagine Lucas showing up at every single "romantic" scene between EJ and Sami and putting a stop to it) Lumi was destroyed, BD was fired, came back, had EJ inserted into every again, Lumi's son turned on Lucas for EJ, Lumi was destroyed again.

Yeah, when you have to wait forever to get your shot it's hard to let go at the thought of it coming to an end. In Lumi's case though, before there was an EJ there was the issue of Carrie/Austin/Brandon so EJ interfering is nothing new. Lucas and Sami have been dealing with attraction to others for pretty much their entire run on Days.
I know some people count the 20 years, and I've shipped them forever but I never got a mutual love story until 2003...so IMHO since they fell in love the attraction to others was written as classic interloper and angst for them as a couple.....no different that Nicole/Rafe/Taylor for Ejami...it's the same pattern they use over and over again, I wish they'd come up with something new.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 16 2013, 09:49 PM
Y'all. I couldn't see those screen caps on my phone, and I thought you were having a group hallucination.
I see EJ with a gun in my dreams all the time and no. That is not at all weird :wub2:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Brewster
Dec 16 2013, 09:58 PM
lysie
Y'all. I couldn't see those screen caps on my phone, and I thought you were having a group hallucination.
I see EJ with a gun in my dreams all the time and no. That is not at all weird :wub2:
Oooh, me too!

Wait......we are talking about the same thing when we say "gun", right? B-)

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2013, 09:56 PM
AngelOB
TreasureCove
AngelOB
Dec 16 2013, 02:38 AM

Years on end? The Lumi's have waited over twenty years. They waited 10 years, than had EJ inserted into every scene(imagine Lucas showing up at every single "romantic" scene between EJ and Sami and putting a stop to it) Lumi was destroyed, BD was fired, came back, had EJ inserted into every again, Lumi's son turned on Lucas for EJ, Lumi was destroyed again.

Yeah, when you have to wait forever to get your shot it's hard to let go at the thought of it coming to an end. In Lumi's case though, before there was an EJ there was the issue of Carrie/Austin/Brandon so EJ interfering is nothing new. Lucas and Sami have been dealing with attraction to others for pretty much their entire run on Days.
I know some people count the 20 years, and I've shipped them forever but I never got a mutual love story until 2003...so IMHO since they fell in love the attraction to others was written as classic interloper and angst for them as a couple.....no different that Nicole/Rafe/Taylor for Ejami...it's the same pattern they use over and over again, I wish they'd come up with something new.
That's the beauty of Ericole, the Church and vows of celibacy are the interloper lol

Brewster
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Dec 16 2013, 10:01 PM
Brewster
Dec 16 2013, 09:58 PM
lysie
Oooh, me too!

Wait......we are talking about the same thing when we say "gun", right? B-)
I suppose it doesn't much matter eh? Seems that pic of EJ and the gun rather brought the freak fangurl flag in some of us lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

It matters to me, and you better both be talking about a literal gun because gross.

Brewster
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 16 2013, 10:17 PM
It matters to me, and you better both be talking about a literal gun because gross.
Hehe.

Either way I'd say the pic didn't quite have the intended effect on some of us.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 16 2013, 10:17 PM
As a refined mature lady, I'm shocked at your insinuation.

I am a devoted supporter of the Second Amendment. And EJ. And his gun.

outrageous
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 07:31 PM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 16 2013, 05:45 PM
Wake me when EJ starts tapping Abby's ass....
I hope you found a comfy spot...
Ok, I don't ship anybody (well... except for EJ), but LOL.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

AngelOB
Dec 16 2013, 10:02 PM
LuvingLumi
AngelOB
TreasureCove

That's the beauty of Ericole, the Church and vows of celibacy are the interloper lol
and I hope this show doesn't screw it up.....it's very unique and that is why I'm glad that eric is a priest, it's a different angle that this show really needs to start using more...not that everyone needs to be a priest or a nun or anything but something different..that's not the same old thing...

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 16 2013, 10:55 PM
AngelOB
LuvingLumi
AngelOB

and I hope this show doesn't screw it up.....it's very unique and that is why I'm glad that eric is a priest, it's a different angle that this show really needs to start using more...not that everyone needs to be a priest or a nun or anything but something different..that's not the same old thing...
I agree, but I'm mentally prepared for tptb to stretch ericole as long as they can. Considering that we're dealing with God and the church as"interlopers," I'm ok with that.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
AngelOB
LuvingLumi
AngelOB

I just want to say that I LOVE your avatar! I adore that scene of Lukey Luke gettin' all funky fresh! :wub:

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. lol
Edited by Reese, Dec 16 2013, 11:04 PM.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

LuvingLumi
AngelOB
LuvingLumi
AngelOB

Your avi is cracking me up! It looks like Lucas is trying to give old Carlton a run for his money lol

Posted Image

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Carlton has rhythm though..... :D
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Dec 17 2013, 12:40 AM.

JaneDigby

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 08:35 PM
JillianJ
Dec 16 2013, 08:25 PM
EJ with a gun :wub2:

That made me laugh so hard!!!

Cuz I thought the same thing. :blulaugh:
It cracked me up, too. :D

JaneDigby

Halloween Family
Dec 16 2013, 08:41 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 08:35 PM
JillianJ
Dec 16 2013, 08:25 PM
EJ with a gun :wub2:

That made me laugh so hard!!!

Cuz I thought the same thing. :blulaugh:
Evil EJ is so good!

I also notice crazy Owen throwing Stephanie in the morgue drawer…even with that I still shipped those two crazy kids.
Kinda OT but am I the only one who liked Stephanie with Philip? It might have just been the combined pretty but I liked those two.

Quote:

I agree, but I'm mentally prepared for tptb to stretch ericole as long as they can. Considering that we're dealing with God and the church as"interlopers," I'm ok with that.

I'm prepared for the long haul with Ericole, too. Fortunately AZ and GV know how to work the longing looks so I'm good with that, too.

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Dec 16 2013, 10:59 PM
LuvingLumi
AngelOB
LuvingLumi

Same here. I was actually a little disappointed that Nicole already forgave Eric, but hopefully God will decide to take Eric back soon, to cause more drama.

And I'd like to request that the next person who puts together a collage of EJ's evil deeds include that time he beat Patrick with a belt.
Edited by six, Dec 17 2013, 10:00 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

^^Yeah, I need God to take Eric back just after Eric realizes he wants Nicole...then we can also continue with the fantasies while he's in the collar again, but I fear we'll have Eric in a collar with fantasies for about another year....they took one entire year almost to have Nicole dreaming of Eric and Eric being oblivious, now I'm anticipating the same time for Eric....so by this time next year, they'll be making love, lol....

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 17 2013, 09:50 AM
^^Yeah, I need God to take Eric back just after Eric realizes he wants Nicole...then we can also continue with the fantasies while he's in the collar again, but I fear we'll have Eric in a collar with fantasies for about another year....they took one entire year almost to have Nicole dreaming of Eric and Eric being oblivious, now I'm anticipating the same time for Eric....so by this time next year, they'll be making love, lol....
Is it weird that I'm really excited about that idea? Seriously, I adore Ericole and would be over the moon if they continued the build-up for another year before they sealed the deal.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

tomsawyer
Dec 17 2013, 10:27 AM
LuvingLumi
Dec 17 2013, 09:50 AM
Is it weird that I'm really excited about that idea? Seriously, I adore Ericole and would be over the moon if they continued the build-up for another year before they sealed the deal.
No, I don't think it's weird, I think this is the type of story that fans miss. The type that pulls at your heartstrings and that you want to see materialize and you won't mind waiting forever as long as the audience is being shown that they mutually would rather rip their clothing off and do it. My biggest problem till now was that we got a very one sided story here..but I'm now convinced that Eric will be the one that starts his end of the story this week and going forward we'll see HIS POV. I'm delighted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply